• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A few questions, your replies and my type.

Danali

MBTI Type
?
Hello everybody, the fact I’m in the section of persoanitycafe says everything … I’m here to be typed, so I’ll proceed.
Please take the time to read it and give me honest replies and feedback.
Just to mention I did mix and match some questions from various personality questionnaires.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

-Male, 16 I’m quite relaxed.
Well, I’ve got exams coming up which I’m subconsciously stressed about.

1. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

-Picture 1
The first picture is of a beautiful ocean that’s a deep blue almost grey, it has very subtle waves that give a mysterious aura to the atmosphere, its looks like a place you could go to be in deep thought and think about your life. However, that striking orange sunset gives the impression of liveliness and hope. Finally, the sky is a nice purple that seems very warm and inviting.

-Picture 2
The second picture is of a lady, (I’m assuming that because of the floral dress) eating pastry, this picture does beg loads of questions, who is she with? What does she look like? What is she doing besides eating her croissant? I’m guessing she’s in a café, because of the rustic table.

Overall I prefer the first one.

2. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I think the best way to go about doing this is talking about my good qualities and the bad qualities.

-Good
I “get” things, this is hard to explain, but I just get loads of things, I get life lessons, despite the fact I may have never been through them, I’m fully and well aware of consequences and what could happen.
I’m a very fast learner.
I’m very calm, nothing really gets to me, I have a very high stress tolerance and let loads of things slide.
I’m very fun, I love people and engaging with them
I totally understand people and what they want, this could be emotional cues and the emotional response they want.
I have a good eye to detect what’s “really” going on.
I’m way to mature for my age, I don’t fit in with the usually superficial rubbish, but I do make a good attempt at trying to.
I’ll be the first person to back a good friend in a fight and look out for them
The fact I like knowing and helping people with their issues and I’m not afraid to join in negative emotions and help someone through them.
I’m very good a separating my emotions from work, because I’m able to shift mind frames. I can say this is how I’m feeling and what I feel like doing, but in reality what would be plausible is another opinion, I’m able to identify when I have an opinion and be clear that, that isn’t a fact despite how much I would like it to be.
I’m impressionable and people generally like me on face-to-face encounter.

-Bad
Because I just can’t be bothered to deal with peoples sensitivities people think I’m heartless
I compare myself to others way too much.
If for example someone makes a joke, and I want to get across the point I don’t like what they said, I’ll make a purpose effort to show my dislike by being shady or giving the opposite emotional response they’re looking for e.g eye rolls.
I have a bad habit of telling people what to do, I usually fall into the trap of saying “what you should have done is, but you didn’t because you’re xyz”.
I’m kind of blunt and can intentionally say things that I know can cause a rise out of people.
I know when I’m being rude and I know when I’m giving attitude, this is usually so everyone get the message I’m getting across
I can go extended periods of not addressing my own issues.
I’m kind of selfish when it comes to my own personal space and belongings.
I have a bad habit of KNOWING everyone’s private business and gossip.
I’m pessimistically optimistic, I have a pessimistic outlook on humanity as a whole and I’m very “real” with others, but when it comes to myself I can fall into wishful thinking and be very naïve.
I always have controversial opinions on purpose just to argue, or if I know it’s going to annoy someone.
I’m the biggest quitter, if something’s hard I’ll just give up.
I doubt myself a lot.
Although this may not be ‘bad’ it’s rather strange, when in an emotional situation, I don’t really think about what I’m doing there and then, but as soon as I leave I’ll deliberate on it for a long time analysing every little bit of how things were said and what they really highlighted in that persons, and my relationship.
I totally dismiss my surroundings, I call myself a walking mess, something’s always falling of me or doesn’t fit right, or looks funny , or I had a piece of fluff on my head and didn’t know.
Although I like interacting with people I can become quite pessimistic about them and isolate myself
Another weird one that isn’t bad, but strange. I think about the way I think, so I’ll think of something and then analyse that thought.
I do a lot of things for emotional reactions, what’s life without emotions and fun.
I’m VERY dependent on external understanding, if a teacher gives homework 9/10 times I’ll need to message a class mate just to have a framework of how they lay their own work out.

3. What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.

-When I make decisions my first port of call is collect as much information as possible, I usually start of by looking at all the data, then I go on to ask my family and friends for opinions, then I’ll weigh them all out and make the best decision, if I’m being honest I don’t usually think of what my gut feeling is, it’s usually external factors that fuel my important decision making
4. Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

-I would say it had to be a school water fight I had when I was 15, it was so fun, mainly for the fact we all came together and all had fun. Everyone was involved, everyone was happy and there wasn’t any negative emotion, the most significant thing was the fact right from bully to nerd we all joined in and came together.

5. When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

-Well majority of things I learn aren’t necessarily hands on, I usually just read everything over and over and over and over again while putting it into my own words and making it my own.

6. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

-When in unknown situations, I become really quiet and reserved, I don’t say much apart from smile and say yes a lot. I watch and observe everyone and everything, however I don’t necessarily mould myself to what they do, however I use it as a comparison tool. However in some situations where I may know a few people, I’ll jump right in and be myself.

7. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

-I just don’t care, I relax and just eat and drink loads more, I become really lazy and nothing motivates me, I think and analyse a lot more, my skin becomes really bad and I isolate myself a lot more than usual.

8. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

-I really do like both styles of communication, however I prefer group style communication because loads more people = loads more fun. I think the group style of interaction is better because everyone can contribute their own individual point of view and I personally like when everyone is together enjoying the situation and camaraderie. Once I’m really comfortable with someone, my mouth literally doesn't have a filter, any and everything comes out.

9. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

-This is my favourite question. i Have a very candid, straight forward, no filter relationship to society and the people in it. My sister calls me pessimistically optimistic, I have a very pessimistic view to society, I don’t see the point in everyone fighting for equality when it will never happen, this society thrives on inequality, not everyone can be a doctor, not everyone is going to work in McDonalds. The sheer fact we have inequality in society is why it’s so effective, some people fall to the bottom and do the lower end job, whereas some are ambitious and work hard to be doctors, lawyers so on and so forth. Also, people need to face the fact some are just not born for success and unfortunate for them, some people are more important than others, that’s just life. Freedom of speech is another one I hate people fighting for, people really wouldn’t be able to handle freedom of speech, because everyone in this world doesn’t have thick enough skin to handle the things free speech cultivates, for example I see a fat person, free speech would allow me to make fun of that fat person, but it’s also a hate crime… If free speech was really a thing, the things coming out of people’s mouth wouldn’t cultivate a pleasant place for sensitive people to live.

10. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

-I kind of like chaos and work, because then I have something to do, I like having to bring chaos to order. Chaos usually comes about in physical manifestations of my environment, then one day I’ll have a sudden urge to clean everything up. Another example, my friends may have drama and I might add fuel to the fire by laughing or causing and issue just so I can resolve it.

11. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly ?

-Before I even think, I’ll naturally disagree and put my case forward for why I disagree, then I’ll be very persistent as to why they’re wrong, eventually I’ll get bored and move on.

12. What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Attention seekers
kills joys
sensitive people
boring people
people that don’t have any elements of fantasy
people who think they’re the best at everything
people who tell me what im feeling
socially awkward people.

13. What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

-I pay 0 attention to my environment.. Like I mean none, I walk into things, trip over myself, have no sense of urgency and time keeping, find it really hard to maintain a routine and be organized, and lose track of time and what I’m doing. I don’t usually pay attention to myself, for example, if I get dressed for the day my main concern is how others will look at me.

14. How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

-One thing that stands out like a sore thumb is my friends always say i meddle in other people’s personal lives and business… WHICH IS NOT TRUE. I just like to know what people are doing and like to keep track of the latest news, they call me CNN, Bloomberg & BBC, it’s not my fault everyone tells me about their life.

-People always mention that I’m mean, I like to call it truthful and genuine, I like to say it how it is which isn’t what people want in this world

-People usually say I don’t stand up for my identity and don’t defend myself which isn’t true, I just don’t deem in necessary to scream and shout and tell everyone how (inserts lable) I am, once I know then that’s it.

15. (I combined two questions ) What fears do you have in life and how does this make you act, and what do you strive for in life ?

-My biggest fear is being without people and not knowing what to do, I’m the youngest child so I’m used to being around older grown up people who have always taken the lead for me, when I went to school I naturally fell into the popular group so having all of that gave me confidence, so if i was to ever be by myself and not have people to talk to, not have people to help me that would be really scary, this nicely leads me into what I strive for, I really strive to be the best at things and be the top of the top, although this doesn’t always happen in my head it’s a good fantasy I can’t imagine life without having a meaningful purpose to those around me and myself. So to summarise, my fear is being by myself and isolated while I strive to be the best and have a purpose.

16 . How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

-I get these loads, and often the biggest things that triggers them is people, when I meet people I just instantly know what they’re like, which make me quite judgmental, I just categorise them until proven otherwise, for example my friend (x) had a friend (y) and I’ve always seen them together and the second or third time I saw (y) I just said “ she’s evil and sneaky, I bet she likes to gossip, she probably the ring leader of her petty childish friends” my friend (x) laughed and totally agreed with me, keep in mind I’ve never spoken to her, she just gave me that general impression .

17. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

-On the outside on first encounter I’m very quiet, i don’t let people see how fun and expressive I am, I keep it all cool and collective, until I get used to the person then I let that out and they’re quite surprised, I also don’t let my opinions come out on first encounter, I keep them to myself, I also keep my sense of humour to myself and play it safe by saying very general jokes.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What types have you considered? I see Fe and Ni, INFJ?

Danali

MBTI Type
?
What types have you considered? I see Fe and Ni, INFJ?

Honestly, this has been an option i have considered, but i dismissed it becasue i didn't want to feel like i was jumping on the super rare high and mighty Ni dominance. Types i have considered.. ENTP, ENFP and ENFJ. I soooo need help narrowing down all those options.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Honestly, this has been an option i have considered, but i dismissed it becasue i didn't want to feel like i was jumping on the super rare high and mighty Ni dominance. Types i have considered.. ENTP, ENFP and ENFJ. I soooo need help narrowing down all those options.

What functions do you identify with? Why have you considered them?

Danali

MBTI Type
?
What functions do you identify with? Why have you considered them?

For the sake of clarity, i'm going to talk about all the function i think i value higher (Ne,Ni,Fe,Ti and Fi) and why. Do bear with me as some explanations may slowly wonder off track and talk about another function and how it relates.

ENTP

Dom (Ne)

I come up with loads of ideas that others find very strange.

They’re very linky, one little sound reminds me of a theory, an action reminds me of what happened last week.

I’m excessively reading and hunting for something, but once its done and concretised, I become bored and leave it.

I can see the flip side of any situation so it makes it hard for me to pick a side and stick to it.

i'm very indecisive.

(Inferior Si)

I have a horrible memory, i'll leave my phone in my pocket, forget it’s there, have a panic attack, then find out i had my phone on me the whole time,
I’ll literally forget to eat and pee.

I have no bodily co-ordination, I walk into things all the time.

Nothing has significance to me, souvenirs are pointless to me, down to adding favourite tabs, are useless to me because I’ll 1) forget it’s there 2) won’t be interested anymore.

I can’t follow a routine.

I don’t know internal sensations such as feeling stressed.

Aux (Ti)

I need understanding, I hate simple answers, I need to know why specifically that one, why did you choose that over the others.

I am very impartial, regardless of how close I am to someone, I’m able to separate my personal emotions and give a logical reason.

I can be rather blunt, alot of this is due to being bored and wanting a reaction, also i love to bring in new perspectives to debate them and see what
everyone thinks about issues.

I love to argue enough said.

I quite like conflict.

DOUBTS

I’m generally nice, and accepting, i usually end up just accepting what people want and go along with it, people see this as me being weak, but I just don’t care and if someone’s doing the job why do I need to interfere? One thing I don’t argue about is personal opinion, if someone personally attacks me I would be upset, but I wouldn't aggressively react I’ll retreat and go quiet, I don’t see the need to argue with that, it doesn't make any sense to me. I pay a lot of attention to my relationships and analyse them. When I like or respect someone im a lot more inclined to side with them and see where they're coming from, so i guess i'm not as impartial as i like to believe. :D

ENFJ

Dom (Fe)

I love to interact, watch and observe people, I’m open for all new relationships.

I think I’m good at reading emotions.

I love to joke and create that harmonious joyous atmosphere.

I have a tendency to exaggerate my emotions, and hand in hand, I exaggerate certain aspects of stories and stuff to create a certain emotional response.

I have a large amount of acquaintances.

Inferior (Ti)

A negative form of Ti that i described.

Aux (Ni)

This works hand in hand with the ENFJ'S ability to understand people and mould them, although i do understand people, i don’t care that much about inspiring people to their goals

I’m aware of what i want to get across to another person, i can always anticipate what peoples emotional expression are going to be and THATS what i can mould, i know just what to do to elicit a certain reaction or put others in a certain mood.

DOUBTS

I don’t think i have that caring soothing, touch an enfj has, I’m rather harsh and aggressive when it comes to dealing with people, i usually say very off hand things that I see nothing wrong, but is generally unacceptable.

ENFP

Aux (Fi)

I don’t know why this is an option, I just added it in because loads of people say this as a possibility.

DOUBTS

the Fi-Te axis is really questionable, i really don’t think I use this judging axis.

INFJ

I’ve explained Fe and and Ni in my case, i'll do Inferior Se

When I’m stressed I just go blank, I can’t think of anything such as the situation at hand.

I eat loads more than usual.

I lose all spatial awareness.

I’m just not “here” don’t really know what im doing.

I have weird zone out daydream moments where I literally feel like im in a dream and everything around me is fuzzy.

This is a weird one, when interacting I’m in the here and now with all my sense, whereas I’m not consciously paying attention to the here and now for lack of a better statement, ‘I don’t think before I act’, I’ll just do “whatever”, when I’m by myself I’ll think critically about what just happened, and ruminate about it focusing on every little detail I did when it’s too late to do anything, so it’s like I’m semi here ? If I can say that.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd rule out ENFJ and ENFP, none of the arguements rule out INFJ, I can see ENTP now though. You seem to not be in conflict on the Ti-Fe axis, Therefore you're an N Dom. You seem to describe inferior Se in both instances of inferior sensing functions. Do you feel introverted or extroverted?

Danali

MBTI Type
?
I'd rule out ENFJ and ENFP, none of the arguements rule out INFJ, I can see ENTP now though. You seem to not be in conflict on the Ti-Fe axis, Therefore you're an N Dom. You seem to describe inferior Se in both instances of inferior sensing functions. Do you feel introverted or extroverted?

Lol, that was quick, im sorry i may seem a bit back and forth, but why do you rule out the ENFx' ? I always to get those results on tests.

Honestly, i say Extroverted, but it's just this damn tug-of-war with Aux Fe or Ti.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol, that was quick, im sorry i may seem a bit back and forth, but why do you rule out the ENFx' ? I always to get those results on tests.

Honestly, i say Extroverted, but it's just this damn tug-of-war with Aux Fe or Ti.

I ruled them out because you use more aux Ti than Fi and your Ti is to strong to be inferior. Ah, extroverted. If you're extroverted then I'd say ENTP is the closest bet.

Danali

MBTI Type
?
I ruled them out because you use more aux Ti than Fi and your Ti is to strong to be inferior. Ah, extroverted. If you're extroverted then I'd say ENTP is the closest bet.
So what about this Fe and my obsession over it ? is it normal for an ENTP to overestimate their ability of using Fe ?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
So what about this Fe and my obsession over it ? is it normal for an ENTP to overestimate their ability of using Fe ?
If the ENTPs whole personality is centered around growth, then it would only make sense that a degree of emotional growth and development would be involved along the way. The way I understand Fe with us is that we definitely value the intensity of emotions and we tend to understand emotions well if they aren't targeted specifically at us (for example in media, movies, and music), and can even pick up on them in others, but can get quite uncomfortable talking about our own emotions.
I like to think I can pick up on how others are feeling generally and people seem quite eager to open up to me without me ever really inviting or prodding, but ask me to discuss my feelings and I'll be drawing blanks. Sometimes I go through moody phases where I enjoy wallowing and feeling sinister, and even if I somehow talk about it, it's usually from a point of great distance and with a lack of depth.
Here's a post from an ENTP about emotions that resonated a lot with me:
I would define emotion as "relatively uncontrollable thoughts combined with uncontrollable physical feelings".

I LOVE feeling emotional. It just doesn't happen often. I seek out tragic movies and sad songs. I particularly love tragic romances, or stories where an individual rises from tragedy in some way.

Outside of fiction, I'm less interested in the emotion of other people. People are less interesting, so their emotional dilemmas are less interesting. And without the music and the tension, their stories aren't as powerful at emotional manipulation.

I do enjoy feeling things when I'm not watching movies as well - except for guilt, shame or anger, because they affect my sleeping. Anything else - sadness, happiness, love, loss - I love to feel. I feel emotion so rarely that I kind of cling to it when it does come, even if it's negative. If I feel sad, sometimes I like to keep feeling sad for a while, just for the experience. I avoid rationalizing it at all so I can utilize the feeling and the creative thoughts that come from it.

EXCLUDING when watching films, reading, or other methods of intentionally sought out emotional manipulation, I'd say I feel emotional enough to notice about 10 times a year, at best.

Danali

MBTI Type
?
If the ENTPs whole personality is centered around growth, then it would only make sense that a degree of emotional growth and development would be involved along the way. The way I understand Fe with us is that we definitely value the intensity of emotions and we tend to understand emotions well if they aren't targeted specifically at us (for example in media, movies, and music), and can even pick up on them in others, but can get quite uncomfortable talking about our own emotions.
I like to think I can pick up on how others are feeling generally and people seem quite eager to open up to me without me ever really inviting or prodding, but ask me to discuss my feelings and I'll be drawing blanks. Sometimes I go through moody phases where I enjoy wallowing and feeling sinister, and even if I somehow talk about it, it's usually from a point of great distance and with a lack of depth.
Here's a post from an ENTP about emotions that resonated a lot with me:
Thanks for that ! It really helped me to understand Fe, the point you made about being able to see feeling in others, but not knowing what to do when it's targeted individually is excellent, I was able to relate to that. The post you linked was also really helpful, I think what he mentioned about wanting to feel, but not being able to was what I was doing when I thought I was excellent and dealing with people like and reading them like an Fe-dom, I want to be good at it, and think I'm good at it, but in reality I wasn't.

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Well you seem to be analytical, systematic, a thinking type, especially with the bluntness and interest in the truth and not really being too concerned with feelings, you seem pretty open to options and clearly not a dominant sensor and the extraverted personality. I would agree and say ENTP. :bye: