• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What am I? Help me decide between INFJ and ENTP

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Special-Snowflake.jpg

So you can't be an INFJ :coffee:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Special-Snowflake.jpg

So you can't be an INFJ :coffee:

I'm really leaning towards the thought she is a fully legit INTP. The length of text begs for it.

Well [MENTION=5643]EcK[/MENTION], case closed.

Oh and something from the special snowflake:
OodIp9Y.png

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, you seem INTP.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm really leaning towards the thought she is a fully legit INTP. The length of text begs for it.

Well [MENTION=5643]EcK[/MENTION], case closed.

Oh and something from the special snowflake:
OodIp9Y.png

While I will get all the media coverage for this and am purely doing this for my own glory... I would like to thank my team, talented folks such as [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27495]Punderstorm[/MENTION] . Behind every great achievement in history, behind every great company, every world-changing product are the amazing people who made it a reality.

thank you :orate:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While I will get all the media coverage for this and am purely doing this for my own glory... I would like to thank my team, talented folks such as [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27495]Punderstorm[/MENTION] . Behind every great achievement in history, behind every great company, every world-changing product are the amazing people who made it a reality.

thank you :orate:

It's an honor [MENTION=5643]EcK[/MENTION], I have felt it was a great service to proffer a full on personality scan of no payment expected whatsoever and it touched me dearly how the answer seemed to bubble from the dust from which this thread was the puddle of mysteriousness. :boohoo:

Let us meet again, for next time, for bigger and greater adventures of the ever great and lasting cause of typing another human individual.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It's an honor [MENTION=5643]EcK[/MENTION], I have felt it was a great service to proffer a full on personality scan of no payment expected whatsoever and it touched me dearly how the answer seemed to bubble from the dust from which this thread was the puddle of mysteriousness. :boohoo:

Let us meet again, for next time, for bigger and greater adventures of the ever great and lasting cause of typing another human individual.

You have indeed earned your place at my side, for providing free service for me while letting me retain all the glory, it is after all, what leaders do. and it is only natural you would like to bask in the glory of me getting other people to do deeds for other people, creating a complex web of IOUs from people I didn't actually do shit for.

:orate:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You have indeed earned your place at my side, for providing free service for me while letting me retain all the glory, it is after all, what leaders do. and it is only natural you would like to bask in the glory of me getting other people to do deeds, wrapping a complex web of IOUs from people I didn't actually do shit for.

:orate:

:yes:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@OP

If you know you're Ti/Fe they don't work in vacuums. So, describe how Ti works for you. How you think you process that. Try it with Fe.

While describing you may realize how those filter or work through your Dominant function. (Ni or Ne). Remember, your dominant function can feel very natural and second nature. So it is hardest to describe but if you describe the others, you may be able to narrow down what function stack best suits you...or at least other members here can work off of something they may grasp onto.

Entp/infjGal

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w5
That doesn't rule out INTP. They still have feeling, they can care about people. Like generally, what stresses you out?

I'm not INTP, sorry. I am a dominant intuitive, of that I am sure. Ti and Fe are in my middle stack in the sense that they are both well developed in me, none of them is inferior. Sensation is my inferior. Again another thing of which I am sure. Intuition was my first developed function, I can see it in me right from early childhood.

I think the problem is I may how confused you with how well I describe Tim, but I only do that because the differences are clear to me what those two are. Same as Fe over Fi. I know I am not nfp or ntj not only because of how poor my Te is, but because I lack the inner strength of Fi. The ability to stay true to who you are when the immediate environment has different values but to also do it in a way that doesn't grate on anyone. I am bight opinionated and easily influenced by my current environment. No I won't change my thinking for other people, but I'll also forget it in order to get along, I can sort of shelve my conclusions for the sake of real time harmony. I hate it....I look sooo much like a hypocrite when I do this.

The thing I do as if it's second nature is intuit. If left to myself, what I do is sit in bed and let my thoughts flow to wherever, or read a book in a lazy way. This is what I have done right from the beginning, the lazy letting my mind make its associations, and is the thing I can't stop myself from doing. I certainly use FE when I'm dealing with people, when I said I care about people I mean in the sense that my decisions are VERY much affected by my perception of what they want. I may be able to do cold hard logic in my head but when I am faced with an actual person in front of me, that logic goes to the shelf and their feelings take priority.

Stress I thought you mean like deadline pressure (that's usually the stress I get from work). During stress if there is a deadline, I can motivate myself to work like a dog first those last few hours. Before then. ...super hard to do so. Another reason I know for sure I have no judgment anywhere near my dominant!

Entp/infjGal

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w5
I rule out INFJ from your possibility.
Really. Mind explaining why? With deadline pressures of a boss breathing down one'side neck I can't imagine anyone doing anything else but I guess it's possible, lol! When I am under pressure of this sort, I need to be alone with my mind. My mind simply cannot concentrate on the job (usually it's a paper...I am an academic/researcher) and chit chat. That doesn't mean I can't talk to anyone. But if you walk into my office for example and take a peep I mean, I will be dead serious. I am only this way with looming deadlines though. I can't think of any other type of stress, at least serious enough to get me into my head this way.

In any case, I have no doubt I am not INTP. Ti in fact is something I have developed WELL only in the last few years I think due to my job, actually. I remember writing terrible papers just a decade ago, then I started getting better at it as I read philosophy and such and became better at dissecting ideas. I always had it, but I think I have become veeeery good at it due to my job.

I have very well developed Ti and very well developed Fe, that actually is the source of my confusion, I can do both well and easily. Reading and taking care of people's feeling is just as natural as seeing plot holes for me. But if I can figure out what type of intuitive I am, I can know if I am Entp or infj, which are the only two dominant intuitives most likely to have good use of BOTH introverted thinking and extroverted feeling. None of those two are my inferior....is what I am saying. ������

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really. Mind explaining why? With deadline pressures of a boss breathing down one'side neck I can't imagine anyone doing anything else but I guess it's possible, lol! When I am under pressure, I need to be alone with my mind. My mind simply cannot concentrate on the job (usually it's a paper...I am an academic/researcher) and chit chat. That doesn't mean I can't talk to anyone. But if you walk into my office for example and take a peep I mean, I will be dead serious. I am only this way with looming deadlines though. I can't think of any other type of stress, at least serious enough to get me into my head this way.

In any case, I have no doubt I am not INTP. Ti in fact is something I have developed over the last few years due to my job, actually. I remember writing terrible papers just a decade ago, then I started getting better at it as I read philosophy and such and became better at dissecting ideas.

I have very well developed Ti and very well developed Fe, that actually is the source of my confusion, I can do both well and easily. Taking care of people's feeling is just as natural as seeing plot holes for me. But if I can figure out what type of intuitive I am, I can know if I am Entp or infj, the only two domin antique intuitive likely to have good use of BOTH introverted thinking and extroverted feeling. None of those two are my inferior....is what I am saying. ������

A quote from you:
"I thought I was introverted because I have very little need to explore my environment. Even in my office, it takes me months after starting before visiting some places in the not so large building. Same thing as my neighbourhood. It takes me forever to get to know my physical environment beyond the most basic (my actual office where I sit or my house where I live)."

I think you're an Ne/Si user perhaps even an ISFJ. Si can be out of tune in the environment and takes time to grow and adapt to new situations. I think the question is if you're an ISFJ/INTP. ENTP's are very flexible and can adapt quickly. Dominant Si also requires you to be alone a bit for a while too. My mom who I believe may be an ISFJ sometimes doesn't even know something is there. Se users and even INFJ's can pick stuff up others' can't once in a while, and sometimes be completely oblivious but that's because they're so focused, when they're not focused they can be somewhat of an environmental observer.

You're not guaranteed intuition just because you lack Se (observational awareness and ability to adapt to what's physically current). By your age, you should likely have had some improvement on your inferior. Ni/Se is out of the question.

The inferior may also make you believe you're really good at something too, hence inferior Fe. But I am slightly leaning you're an ISFJ.

Show me what you mean by intuition and use it. Not only describe it. Observe how I post if you see how I associate things VERY quickly.

Inferior Ne: Lots of worrying when stressed.
Inferior Fe: Really careless of how other's feel. Troll'ish attitude.
Inferior Se: Binge eating, hedonistic, sensory focused, obsessed with memory being factual.
Inferior Si: Really specific. Overly frantic about internal sensation. Nitty gritty.

It's not going to help if you want to be stubborn. Because then let someone else help you, or just pick one if you care about image and not your true self.

Entp/infjGal

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w5
@OP

If you know you're Ti/Fe they don't work in vacuums. So, describe how Ti works for you. How you think you process that. Try it with Fe.

While describing you may realize how those filter or work through your Dominant function. (Ni or Ne). Remember, your dominant function can feel very natural and second nature. So it is hardest to describe but if you describe the others, you may be able to narrow down what function stack best suits you...or at least other members here can work off of something they may grasp onto.

Alright. Thanks.

My personal experience of my dominant, whatever intuition it is, is something I can best describe as inspiration. At least in its BEST manifestation. I start writing....for now i will use my writing experiences as examples as its my current task (another looming deadline, lol!)....and if it's not there, I almost CANNOT for the life of me, string two sentences together. I am absolutely dependant on that inner "wind"...it kind of contains it's own motivation for doing anything. In fact right now part of my personal development goal is to figure out what gets it going as I am usually at its mercy. If it likes the topic I am more looking at (for example personality types! Or pyschology.) I can read a lot without trying. But if it hates that topic. I can almost can't motivate myself even to write a single sentence!

My introverted thinking works best when watching a debate between two people. The back and forth between them makes things much clearer for me because it helps define what the concepts are...in what is it they actually disagree on and what is the thing they are confused about that is causing their disagreement. ...what is the debate about in the end? Its like i naturally assume that underlying the debate is a certain confusion about terms or concepts and figure out from the exchange what that confusion is and therefore what the debate is about and how it can be solved. For this, I have been called in my circles a good explainer of hard concepts because i get to the nugget or essence and tell others what it is in a simple way that they can understand whether by analogies (I love those!) or other examples.

The way I use Fe is in relationships and is very clear. I read emotions and deeply felt values in others very easily. It is very hard to say no. I am 32 and still trying to practice that. People think it's funny when I explain this but for me just giving a blunt no is incredibly difficult. Don't know how rise to describe it. It's as if knowing what people want or how they are affected, I can't just switch that off. It will impinge itself on my decisions, like it or not. I have done way too many things I did not want to do just because I couldn't say no to those people. I guess that's why I am a loner, I enjoy camaraderie very much. But it is sort of a bully in my experience. It takes too much. When I am by myself, I regret few choices because I am MUCH less likely to behave inauthentically. I have debated a lot in my life but it was not enjoyable because I am left feeling soo ICKY . As soon as the debate is over, I am left with my awareness of how deeply I may have hurt that person, whoever they are.....even if it is some anonymous stranger on a message board. For this reason I have always hated the argumentative or opinionated aspect in myself. I deliberately stopped visiting message boards because of all the ickiness I was left with from flame wars especially around politically charged topics.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually you're ISFJ. Clearly. Read previous.

My personal experience of my dominant, whatever intuition it is, is something I can best describe as inspiration. At least in its BEST manifestation. I start writing....for now i will use my writing experiences as examples as its my current task (another looming deadline, lol!)....and if it's not there, I almost CANNOT for the life of me, string two sentences together. I am absolutely dependant on that inner "wind"...it kind of contains it's own motivation for doing anything.
In fact right now part of my personal development goal is to figure out what gets it going as I am usually at its mercy. If it likes the topic I am more looking at (for example personality types! Or pyschology.) I can read a lot without trying. But if it hates that topic. I can almost can't motivate myself even to write a single sentence!

My introverted thinking works best when watching a debate between two people. The back and forth between them makes things much clearer for me because it helps define what the concepts are...in what is it they actually disagree on and what is the thing they are confused about that is causing their disagreement. ...what is the debate about in the end? Its like i naturally assume that underlying the debate is a certain confusion about terms or concepts and figure out from the exchange what that confusion is and therefore what the debate is about and how it can be solved. For this, I have been called in my circles a good explainer of hard concepts because i get to the nugget or essence and tell others what it is in a simple way that they can understand whether by analogies (I love those!) or other examples.

The way I use Fe is in relationships and is very clear. I read emotions and deeply felt values in others very easily. It is very hard to say no. I am 32 and still trying to practice that. People think it's funny when I explain this but for me just giving a blunt no is incredibly difficult. Don't know how rise to describe it. It's as if knowing what people want or how they are affected, I can't just switch that off. It will impinge itself on my decisions, like it or not. I have done way too many things I did not want to do just because I couldn't say no to those people. I guess that's why I am a loner, I enjoy camaraderie very much. But it is sort of a bully in my experience. It takes too much. When I am by myself, I regret few choices because I am MUCH less likely to behave inauthentically. I have debated a lot in my life but it was not enjoyable because I am left feeling soo ICKY . As soon as the debate is over, I am left with my awareness of how deeply I may have hurt that person, whoever they are.....even if it is some anonymous stranger on a message board. For this reason I have always hated the argumentative or opinionated aspect in myself. I deliberately stopped visiting message boards because of all the ickiness I was left with from flame wars especially around politically charged topics.

I can sort of relate, but it's still insufficient to say you're an intuitive dominant.

Even when alone, inferior Se doesn't care whether you're alone or with others, you'll still be impulsive in a stressed state.

Ti/Fe seems to like to pick on people, push their buttons.
Fe/Ti is more of wondering if the other is ok, you say no.

You have Fe over Ti. You leave boards because only they make you feel bad? You're being easier and easier to read. Yay!

Entp/infjGal

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w5
A quote from you:
"I thought I was introverted because I have very little need to explore my environment. Even in my office, it takes me months after starting before visiting some places in the not so large building. Same thing as my neighbourhood. It takes me forever to get to know my physical environment beyond the most basic (my actual office where I sit or my house where I live)."

I think you're an Ne/Si user perhaps even an ISFJ. Si can be out of tune in the environment and takes time to grow and adapt to new situations. I think the question is if you're an ISFJ/INTP. ENTP's are very flexible and can adapt quickly. Dominant Si also requires you to be alone a bit for a while too. My mom who I believe may be an ISFJ sometimes doesn't even know something is there. Se users and even INFJ's can pick stuff up others' can't once in a while, and sometimes be completely oblivious but that's because they're so focused, when they're not focused they can be somewhat of an environmental observer.

You're not guaranteed intuition just because you lack Se (observational awareness and ability to adapt to what's physically current). By your age, you should likely have had some improvement on your inferior. Ni/Se is out of the question.

The inferior may also make you believe you're really good at something too, hence inferior Fe. But I am slightly leaning you're an ISFJ.

Show me what you mean by intuition and use it. Not only describe it. Observe how I post if you see how I associate things VERY quickly.

Inferior Ne: Lots of worrying when stressed.
Inferior Fe: Really careless of how other's feel. Troll'ish attitude.
Inferior Se: Binge eating, hedonistic, sensory focused, obsessed with memory being factual.
Inferior Si: Really specific. Overly frantic about internal sensation. Nitty gritty.

It's not going to help if you want to be stubborn. Because then let someone else help you, or just pick one if you care about image and not your true self.

Not trying to be stubborn, sorry it comes across that way. I am just trying to provide the information of my inner workings so you can know what is in confusion. As for being a strong si user....Well, I honestly have never known any Dominant or secondary Si user who struggles with deadlines, repetitive tasks, administrative tasks, household chores, keeping things safe (not losing or forgetting itsems constantly...things like keys, phones or even way more important things like passports) or general organization even half as much as I do. They are the very opposite. I can tell who they are because they are precisely the people who are most organised and are best able to carry out these types of tasks in any environment. To me, calling this type of thing a punishment would be the understatement of the century. Honest. 😊

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not trying to be stubborn, sorry it comes across that way. I am just trying to provide the information of my inner workings so you can know what is in confusion. As for being a strong si user....Well, I honestly have never known any Dominant or secondary Si user who struggles with deadlines, repetitive tasks, administrative tasks, household chores, keeping things safe (not losing or forgetting itsems constantly...things like keys, phones or even way more important things like passports) or general organization even half as much as I do. They are the very opposite. I can tell who they are because they are precisely the people who are most organised and are best able to carry out these types of tasks in any environment. To me, calling this type of thing a punishment would be the understatement of the century. Honest. ������
[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] care to explain?

And you still haven't shown me how you manifest intuition.

Easier request: what are your hobbies?

Entp/infjGal

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w5
My hobbies: personality types, psychology, eastern spirituality, religion, certain philosophies and fantasy fiction. Also, astronomy.

I think it's hard to show you my intuition because defining it precisely is what I am struggling with. I know it's the thing that allows me to be so comfortable with the theoretical aspects of my job, the thing that allows me to explain things in a down to earth way, the thing that allows me to follow conceptual debates. But I don't know if this is introverted or extroverted intuition as both are able to do these things easily from my understanding.

The best way to explain it is that I am led by inspiration or need it in order to work. This inspiration is like an inner spontaneous drive to follow a certain trail of thought without being sure where it leads at that exact moment, to let it dance from one thought to another and when I write this way, it's my best, in fact, this is how I CREATE my paper or build it. Then my Ti will come in and package it in a way that other acedemics can buy it...by bringing out the logical principles i know they they will be looking for when analysing my paper. But it is not how I build the content.,..Ti is how I rearrange it with a certain audience in mind . That's super abstract.....can you kind of get what I am trying to describe?

In other words, my intuition creates my paper. Then my Ti disects or analyzes it to make sure the logic is sound.