• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me, type me, type me.

ShannonBanannon

It's been years since I've tried this, and I'm still caught between two types: INFP or ISTJ. When I take the keys2cognition test, I get both just as often. I'm going to answer different questionnaires here. Anyone can step in at any time and give insight.

Maybe someone will suggest something completely different and I'll get confused all over again.

Feel free to use any form of typology you want: MBTI, Enneagram, SLOAN, etc.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
30, female. I have a chronic illness that's been affecting me on-and-off I'm known to be rather moody when my illness is acting up, but today, fortunately, seems like a good day. I have a clear mind, I guess. I have an autism spectrum disorder. I'm at the low end of the scale, so some people do not notice. It does affect my thought process, though.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
here
I'm really intrigued by the circular pattern those bricks form. How would one go about setting them up like that? It makes this picture look almost surreal to me. It's like... you'd stand in the middle during some life changing moment, and you'd feel everything focusing in on you. I can picture rain in that scenario Or you'd feel tiny. It would be an interesting place to be. It looks quiet and relaxing, but maybe there are tourists during the day.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
"Today was just the wrong day, eh? Destiny is not looking at us kindly. I know if I hadn't decided to come, this wouldn't have happened. I should have stayed home."
Outwardly? I wouldn't say much. I'd feel frustrated, but I don't know if you could tell by looking at me. If someone said something to me, I may get angry and snarky, though.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I may just skip it. I don't like parties a lot. Lots of noise, drinking, people who are obnoxious from drinking too much, etc. I'd make a fool of myself somehow. I may ask what will be going on at this party. I may say something like "I'm sorry. It's really nice of you to think of me, but I think I'm tired and need my sleep."

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
"Oh no! Does he/she even know what he/she is talking about? Maybe what I believe is wrong after all. I bet he/she has good reasons for thinking that way, and I just need to look at it another way. I wonder why he/she thinks that. He/She probably knows way more on the subject than I do. Or they could be ignorant. No, I'm sure I'm the ignorant one." I could be stuck going in circles over and over, and when I calm down, I'll begin sorting through my ideas. Sometimes, I feel threatened, like a little bubble of mine is popped.
How I outwardly react would really depend on my mood. If I'm in a bad mood, but confident, I good get sarcastic or snarky and make a fool of myself by starting a pointless argument. In a better mood, I may say "well, I just think that..." or "but what about...?". If I'm tired, I may just not say anything, but get lost in thought.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
It would be similar to above. I'd probably initially feel upset, frustrated, or angry, depending on what the belief is. I'd think about it in circles. I'd really wonder what kind of background the other person came from that would give them their belief. What is their story? If someone was around, I may say that I saw/experienced something that disturbed me. I wonder why it happened? Knowing the kind of people I talk to, I imagine we'd we'd express anger and frustration among ourselves at the injustice I witnessed and would go into the "why?"s of it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I'm really a strong believer in being true and honest to one's self. To follow what the voice inside says, and not fall victim to outside influence. Do what you want to do in your life. See what you want to see. Experience what you want to experience. Enjoy media that speaks to YOU. Don't just go with common opinion. Don't give in to peer pressure. Life is way too short. You are worth far more. I don't know how I'd change this. It's almost an instinct to me. I've never liked being around who I consider "artificial people".
I value honesty about one's intentions. I hate when people act a certain way or do a certain thing to manipulate people or to lead people on, especially when those people believe that the "leader" has their best interests at heart (which he/she doesn't).
I value both creativity and intelligence.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I'm very particular about things. I have my own way of thinking about things. This can come off very strongly when someone first meets me, and it can take getting used to.
b) I'd have higher self-esteem, and wouldn't be discouraged so easily. These aspects of my personality hold me back a lot, and get in the way of my pursuit of happiness and success. As someone put it years ago, my mind is like a wild jungle with many abandoned relics and structures. There were many things that "could have been", but never "were" because I was too afraid to take the steps forward.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
Typically, I try following hunches or gut feelings. They must exist for a reason. Perhaps our subconscious has put puzzle pieces together without us realizing it. Perhaps it's supernatural, or some sort of sixth sense. Perhaps we are relating something to our past experience, whether we remember it or not. Typically, if we follow them and things still do not turn out as we would have liked, perhaps we weren't paying attention to the exact hunch we were getting.
I do often make decisions off of what "feels" right because, like I said, these feelings can't just come out of nowhere.
Feelings I get in my gut can be:
-whether to trust a particular person or not. Are they safe? Are they who they say they are?
-whether or not I should go forth with a decision. Does it feel "right" to do this? If it feels wrong, it could lead to disaster. There's a balance in everything in the universe. Even small decisions we make affect this. I always try to maintain that "feeling" of balance.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Discussing and thinking about life, social issues, how people think. Being able to really "connect" successfully with others. Being able to analyze art, movies, etc. Imagining a life I could be living.
b) Activities with a lot of loud noise, a lot of physical activity, and a lot of people who rub me the wrong way. They cause sensory overload and exhaust me mentally, emotionally, and physically.
Any situation where I have to assert confidence exhausts me, too, since I'm really the opposite.
Dealing with people who don't understand me or who dislike me. I feel that most of the time, they just are not seeing my true feelings, and they may think otherwise if they do.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I try to not let myself cry, even if I find something to be very sad. I could get taken advantage of, and I'm really afraid of being humiliated somehow. Sometimes, I may appear to be angry or bitchy, but I'll actually be really upset and, secretly, would rather be left alone. I don't like to disadvantage others with that, and I fear people will judge me as a crybaby or as someone who needs constant babying.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gonna go with my gut and say INFP. Please do not ask why.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INxP. How are you similar to each type?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
By that, I assume you mean INTP and INFP?

I relate a lot to Fi, and I do not really understand Ti much.

Yes, Ti is internal logic. If you are able to relate to Fi then you are an INFP. My reasoning is that the Ti-Fe axis fundementally doesn't get Fi-Te, therefore you are probably an INFP.

ShannonBanannon

Yes, Ti is internal logic. If you are able to relate to Fi then you are an INFP. My reasoning is that the Ti-Fe axis fundementally doesn't get Fi-Te, therefore you are probably an INFP.

I'm curious: from the answers I gave, what clues are there of INxP? Is there anything that could make you suspect otherwise?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm curious: from the answers I gave, what clues are there of INxP? Is there anything that could make you suspect otherwise?

You use Ne, and reading this again makes me see Fi. Unless you give me some shocking revelation that total changes my view of you I won't dramatically change my opinion.