• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my enneagram tritype and instinctual variant?

musiclover3467

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
What's my enneagram tritype/instinctual variant?
Hi! I have been interested in personality theories for quite some time, but I have the most knowledge of MBTI. I determined my Myers Briggs type (INFJ) by studying the cognitive functions, but I have struggled to determine my enneagram tritype. I think my core type is 1w9 and I think my tritype might be 125 152 145 or 154, but I'm interested in hearing others' thoughts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.
-I think life is about doing what you are passionate about and making an impact on those around you. I always want to learn and challenge myself. I want a career that adheres to my interests in science but where I am also able to directly help people (I'm considering genetic counseling). I want to be the best person I can be and help others do the same. I also want to establish deep, committed relationships with those I really care about.

2. What were you like as a kid?
-I was quiet and responsible as a kid. I loved learning and excelled in school, but I sometimes got very stressed because I was very hard on myself when I didn't get something right. Now I am in high school, and I am more focused on challenging myself and feeling internally gratified than external motivation. When I was younger I was also somewhat socially awkward, but kind to others. I enjoyed time with friends, but I definitely needed time alone. I often got frustrated with my peers when they weren't as interested in learning as I was, but I didn't express those feelings outwardly except for venting to my parents.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?
-My parents have always pushed me to be my best. They emphasized that things like grades or getting into a play were not the most important things, but what really mattered was that I worked hard and enjoyed what I was doing. This was good for me because I was hard on myself when I was younger. I relate a lot to my mom because we are somewhat similar, and I enjoy talking to her about what's going on in my life and having discussions about scientific and moral topics.

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?
-I want to always try my best and live up to my potential. I want to be kind and compassionate towards others.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?
-Like I've talked about, my biggest trouble as a child was feeling frustrated and stressed when I didn't meet my expectations for myself. I'd still consider myself a perfectionist, but I deal with it in a healthier way now. I enjoy working hard and becoming better at what I like to do, but I have learned how to deal with disappointment and not be as hard on myself.

6. a.) How do you see yourself?
-I see myself as thoughtful, curious, compassionate, driven, and artistic.
b.) How do you want others to see you?
-I want others to see me as kind, responsible, intelligent, and motivated.
c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?
-I dislike when people are 'fake' or lack empathy for others. I also dislike when people don't want to better themselves and the world around them.

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others. 3
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you 1
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else. 2
-I find this one a bit difficult. I am internally motivated, but I act mostly to help others or make something better that will affect others.

8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?
-I enjoy thinking about theories I've researched and how I see them in my personal life. I also like contemplating deep questions about morality and how people are motivated (WHY? questions). I think about meaning in life and how my future can contribute to my personal purpose in life. I also often think about potential conversations or interactions that I could have with people, like daydreaming about being with a crush.

9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
-I feel my best when I am challenging myself and doing something I love. I enjoy music, science, reading, and learning in general. I enjoy spending time with my closest friends, but I also feel very good while spending time alone contemplating questions or just relaxing by reading, playing piano, ect. I am also a religious person, and I enjoy studying the Bible on my own.

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger: I don't get very angry often, but I get frustrated when others don't do their part and try their best. I also get angry when I see others disrespecting someone else.
b.) shame: I feel ashamed when I know I could have done better or worked harder.
c.) anxiety: I can get anxious about events where I'll be judged like auditions. I have the most anxiety before the actual event, and I sometimes deny that I am nervous (partly because I don't always realize that I am nervous about something). I get anxious about social situations, and I really care that people see me as a kind, genuine person. For example, I am a student leader in my choir this year and I wanted to make sure that the new members on my team felt welcome and know that I care. This pushed me out of my comfort zone a bit, but it felt very good when some of them thanked me for making them feel welcome.

11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress: When I'm stressed, I sometimes suppress my emotions and need time alone. I deal with stress by doing something calming like listening to or playing music.
b.) negative unexpected change: I can get somewhat anxious about change now, but when I was younger I was very sensitive to it.
c.) conflict: I want to resolve conflict around me, and I can keep a calm 'exterior' to do so.

12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?: I tend to let others lead, but if no one steps up or there is disorder or conflict in the group, I will lead.
b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?: I am not dominating, and I try to consider the opinions and feelings of others when making decisions. I want to get the task done effectively but also make sure everyone has a good experience and avoid unneeded stress.
c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?: I tend to respect authority outwardly, but sometimes I want to do things my way if how they are leading is ineffective or they don't seem to care about others.

13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
-I notice how other people think and their talents. I often find that some people only consider intelligence or abilities in sports, music, ect. talents, but I like to encourage people in other talents like leadership, compassion, or teaching. For example, a good friend of mine is compassionate and very good at relating to people, but she said that she never thought of this as a talent until I told her.

14. Comment on your relationship with trust.
-I trust my friends and family, but I can be distrustful of other people. When doing projects, I sometimes find it hard to give responsibilities to people that I don't know I can trust to complete them. As far as relationships go, it takes me a long time to open up. I am engaged and personable in conversation, but I feel like only a few people (my closest friends and family) really know and understand me. I have never dated someone before, but when I do I want a committed relationship with someone that I already know I can trust and who understands me.

Instinctual Variants Questionnaire
Self-Preservation (Need to protect and preserve)
1. Do you tend to save money and are cautious about spending it?
-Yes, I am responsible with my spending and plan ahead.
2. Are you security oriented? Ready to protect yourself, those close to you and your resources?
-I want security in my life, but it doesn't really occupy my thoughts.
3. Are you fairly consistent? Like things known and regular? No big changes?
-I like routine, but I can handle change.
4. Do you dislike taking big risks unless it's a "sure" thing?
-I generally dislike taking risks, unless it is for something that I feel strongly about (for example, I would risk my security to help a close friend, significant other, or family member)
5. Are you fairly private? Not revealing too much to strangers?
-Yes, it takes a while for me to open up.
6. Do you tend to be introverted?
-Yes, very much so.
7. Are you concerned about health? Safety? Comfort? Home? Hearth?
-I want a comfortable lifestyle, but I'm more concerned about being able to pursue my interests and have meaningful relationships.
8. Are you worried about what may go wrong? Tend to imagine worse case scenarios?
-I tend to imagine worst case scenarios.
9. Do you like things spelled out? Details? Exact information? Guarantees?
-Yes

Social (Need for Social Validation) - Can show up with strong focus on groups, organizations, family, world, friends, your surroundings, your social image
1. Do you need or really like social validation?
-I want to be my own person, but I care a lot about what others think of me.
2. Is social image important to you?
-It's important to me that others think I am kind and competent, but I don't care about being popular.
3. Do you think about your affect on others, groups, organizations, and the world?
-Yes, I want to make others feel happy and welcome.
4. Are you upset if you don't get enough validation, reward for the hard and creative work you do in a social context or for a social cause?
-Sometimes
5. Are you involved in groups, organizations and team oriented activities?
-Yes, but more for the purpose of pursuing my interests than being with a group.
6. Is belonging to special groups or being a leader of a group important to you?
-no
7. Are you strongly upset if you feel not included or rejected by a group or family or not invited to a social event?
-I would only feel very upset if it was someone I was close to, but I am concerned if it seems like someone doesn't like me.
8. Do you have strong opinions on social change or constructs?
-Yes, I am very interested in social trends and why people interact the way they do. I care deeply about certain social issues.
9. Are you aware of the social structures and bonds between people around you?
-Yes, I am very attuned to the relationships of people around me.

Relationship (Need for 1 to 1 or Relationship Closeness)
1. Do you define yourself through a romantic or close partnership? Is closeness with another person of paramount importance?
-I am somewhat independent, but I want to form close, meaningful relationships. I want a significant other who is committed and understands me and someone with whom I can have deep discussions.
2. Do you like intense energy, particularly in relating to people? Are you energized when you have a revealing conversation or engagement with another, particularly a special other?
-I am usually private, but I enjoy spending time with people who I can really relate to.
3. Do you tend to focus more attention on close relationships than money?
-Yes
4. Would others describe you as dramatic? Do you like to go deep with things?
-I'm not very dramatic, but I want deep relationships and conversations. I engage in small talk to make others feel comfortable, but personally I'd rather be talking about something meaningful.
5. Do you tend to be in the moment and not think as much about the future or your future security?
-I tend to look to the future rather than live in the moment.
6. Do you like risk taking? New experiences? Tend to get bored without enough stimulation particularly in the area of relationships?
-I don't seek much physical stimulation or take risks.
7. Do you focus a lot on sexuality, romantic fantasies or mystical spiritual experiences?
-I don't have sexual fantasies, but I think about my ideal partner somewhat often. I enjoy reading about romances and thinking about having a connection like that of the characters.

Thank you so much for your help and taking the time to read this! If you have any other questions to help determine my type, I'd be happy to answer them. :)

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem like a 1w9 sp/so, tritype 125 maybe, you don't seem to have 4 at all.
Keep in mind that I'm honestly just a random person on the internet giving you advice.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone else wanna try? I'm not very good at enneagram.