• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Like that untold story in your head, I'd like to be typed!

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello!
I'd like some help to determine my type once and for all!

What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Subtle differences, the INTProfiles emphasized a love of math and no art. I breathe art, I love beauty. Science interests me as well, specifically psych, cognitive science, astronomy, and I love philosophy. The ISTProflies did the exact opposite, I am not a daredevil nor a badass 20 year old male, the next enstien or a robot, I'm a 14 year old girl. I hate how these profiles emphasize masculinity which makes it harder for me to relate. I'm also uber indecisive. I've pinned down that I'm a Ti-Dom, maybe enneagram 9.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I have no idea. I'm aimless honestly, and indecisive and I lack drive. I guess I yearn to be free, be able to do whatever whenever, not be constantly judged by some other person. The truth and knowledge, a feeling of achievement.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I was the first one to grasp multiple concepts in various classes and have my work used as an example. I felt superior.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When people make assumptions, being judged on social skills and my choice of clothes. When people say things in my favor. Being judged in general.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Depends on the decision, if it's important I think about the possible outcomes, try and gather information and take as much time as possible. I hate decisions and I'm uber indecisive. If possible I don't make the decision at all.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I emphasize the outcome. If there is a faster and more efficient way of doing something, I would take it. I like to be in control of the outcomes.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
When I hang out with my friends, I'm never bored. I always have fun and laugh.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Depends on the thing. I'd first jump into the thing I want to know, like when I tried to teach myself the guitar, I went for specific songs instead of learning the notes, how to read music, etc. Can easily backfire.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Disorganized. I can't organize for crap, am too lazy to, and often don't pay attention to that. Only I can understand my notes or handwriting.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I judge new ideas based on whether they make sense, then try to find supporting evidence. I try to then familiarize myself with it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Hmmmm.
I feel harmony when I'm not in conflict with anyone or I can be myself. I really feel apathetic about these things. Most people have no effect on me, I kinda do my own thing.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I prefer to think before speaking. If I say something stupid then I agonize over it for awhile, and I normally don't seek out people. Discussions. I like being able to chime in, rather than have all the attention focused on me, I feel awkward when it's just me and another person.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know what I'm getting into so I can mentally prepare myself. I'm pretty cautious and hate being unprepared. Words are verbal actions.....
Depends on the actions and words.
Words mean more because they require more courage to say in my opinion

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Nothing. I'd have to ask my parents and they would likely say no on such short notice. I might ask, might not. I honestly get scared when people ask me and that forces me to be slow to act. I'm like a hermit crab, get close and I'll retreat...

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I zone out. I become dazed, disoriented and clumsy. I won't process anything. I might even unconsciously sabotage myself.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Hmmmmm.......
Where do I even start? I hate extremes. I hate when people either don't consider facts or feelings of others. They don't take others into consideration and act douchey. They ignore others, I can take obnoxious people as long as they are funny, or don't bother me. Those acquaintances who try and use me. Grrrrrr, I'm a nice person and most people just act nice to try and cheat off of me. I usually don't mind, but I feel resentful because they don't even care about me as a person, only as an ends to the means.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Social status, clothes, vines, contradictorily how I come off as,

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Uhhhhhh,
Iono, PUUURRRREEEE, intelligent, artsy, nice?, creative, PUNNY, diligent, sloppy, fast?? I'm also self-centered and materialistic, a hoarder and socially awkward.
They would never call me altruistic, social or giving.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Depends on my mood. I'd learn something new and interesting, make art, game, read, text,

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone?
Please, I'd like to be typed!

Last edited:

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Being a 14 year old will make it more difficult to pin down the aux function since it just starts to develope in your teens according to the cognitive function growth models. But that doesn't mean we can't try. (I'll give you a suggestion after I finish reading your post)

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Omg I wish I was that eloquent at 14. Hell I wish I was that eloquent at 25. :(

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think you're correct on Ti- dominance. I'm leaning on ISTP over INTP, but remember that this is only a suggestion.

Your answer to #10 seems like a perfect example of Ti paired with Se. Sensors also tend to be more materialistic than intuitives (I know you can't base someone's typing based off that, but it's a correlation worth considering).

Thinkers can enjoy art. Maybe explain what aspects you like about creating art?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I enjoy the making of art, how you express yourself through the images. I like being able to try and get my point across, to try and get people to try and understand what creations my mind holds. I often draw faces, outlandish creatures and geometric shapes, especially triangles(ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED). I love to draw dragons as well.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Being a 14 year old will make it more difficult to pin down the aux function since it just starts to develope in your teens according to the cognitive function growth models. But that doesn't mean we can't try. (I'll give you a suggestion after I finish reading your post)

Yeah, but that's slightly better than a 12 year old me trying to figure out my aux.....

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone else wanna try and type me?

Dimwittian

MBTI Type
INTP
You helped me, I'll try to help you! :hi:

It's late, and right now I don't have the mental energy to dive into any real research, so take this with a grain of salt. But just from reading what you've written, I get an INFP vibe. I say this because I used to have a very good friend who was INFP through and through, and your responses remind me of things she would say.

It seems that your initial hunch was INTP. If it helps, both INTPs and INFPs are highly, highly contemplative. They both spend a lot of time thinking/pondering even though they obviously will think in different ways due to the differing functions. That's in stark contrast to your sentence structure that you were using when writing to me in my thread, though. If I were to judge solely on your writing there, I would absolutely say INTP/INTJ.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow! ENFJ.

Our personalities are not fully developed until our brains mature around the age of 25, but your type is set by the time you turn 5 (or so). You sound like an ENFJ to me.

While none of your peers might call you altruistic, you may be so at your core. Your indecision, your Fe sensitivity (hatred of extremes), your curiosity, your desire for closure ("once and for all" i.e. a J), your hidden agenda (Se--give me what I want, materialism and hoarding), your love of art, your dramatic eloquence ... all these traits sound ENFJ (ENFj in Socionics) to me.

Consider the following:

Popular hobbies for the ENFJ include organizing social events, reading, the arts, museums, storytelling, listening to music, writing, and gourmet cooking.

ENFJ in Depth — Discover Your Strengths and Make the Most of Your ENFJ Talents | Truity

ENFJs tend to be very indecisive because their primary perceiving function (i.e. the function through which all information is gathered) is Ni, which will by nature wait for a maximum of information before making a decision. in addition, dominant Fe causes them to constantly question what decisions they do make based on how they perceive these decisions will impact others and others’ perceptions of the ENFJ.

Welcome to my chaotic world (Oooo -- what makes ENFJs so indecisive? I'm an...)

Description by V. Meged and A. Ovcharov

An original and creative person, they’re both extravagant and unpredictable. Very inquisitive and talkative; emotional enough to be impressionable. Internally intense/strained, frequently they doubt their decisions. Emotionally liberated and artistic, they easily express their feelings. Aware of the moods of others and are skilled in positively manipulating them. Speaks with feelings and enthusiasm, yet prone to irony and criticisms they sometimes project a venomous and haughty image. When in a good mood can command the center of attention within any company. Though able to fulfill practical obligations, often lack confidence in this regard. An active and social person, can switch between dressing unusually/extravagantly and simply/modestly. Movements are gusty and impulsive, lacking in restraint.

Description by Victor Gulenko

Predisposed to reflection, internal fluctuations and doubts. Thinks descriptively, is inclined to philosophy. Not very critical of external appearances, not exacting of their food. Reserved, sensitive, fragile, speaks out unobtrusively, They are popular and punctual. A good educator and teacher; can entice their listeners. Outwardly calm. Eloquent when recounting material.

Socionics Types: EIE-ENFj Subtypes

Has deep capacity for emotions and acutely feels the state of other people. Artistic, sublime, and romantic in his feelings. Easily manages his external expressions, moving between being dramatic to being assertive. Aims for polite communication, without coarseness and prodding.

Warns people of impending dangers. Has a good sense of potentially negative course of events - prepares for it in advance, thinks of alternative exists and options. Interested in topics related to mysterious phenomena. Loves to spend time in solitude and ponder about the meaning of life, about the past and the future. Looks at problems from a global, generalized perspective.

Has much difficulty achieving inner balance. Inclined to over-dramatize events. Self-immolating, vulnerable, pays close attention to attitudes of others toward himself, transgressions remembers for a long time. Does not like being interrupted and rushed. Very sensitive to failures and disappointments. Is very categorical in his judgments and conclusions, not inclined to compromise. Aristocratic by nature, can admit extremes in clothing and behavior as a means of self-expression (extravagance or conversely negligence). Likes to multitask. Distrustful of unverified information. Sensitive to criticisms about his appearance and habits in everyday life.

Socionics - the16types.info - ENFj The Mentor profile by Gulenko

Any of that sound familiar? :shrug:

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You helped me, I'll try to help you! :hi:

It's late, and right now I don't have the mental energy to dive into any real research, so take this with a grain of salt. But just from reading what you've written, I get an INFP vibe. I say this because I used to have a very good friend who was INFP through and through, and your responses remind me of things she would say.

It seems that your initial hunch was INTP. If it helps, both INTPs and INFPs are highly, highly contemplative. They both spend a lot of time thinking/pondering even though they obviously will think in different ways due to the differing functions. That's in stark contrast to your sentence structure that you were using when writing to me in my thread, though. If I were to judge solely on your writing there, I would absolutely say INTP/INTJ.

Thanks for the input! I've also considered INFP and INTJ, and I have an INFP, and INTJ friend. I originally tested as INTx, but quickly ruled out INTJ because I didn't relate to the descriptions and also comparing myself to the friend. I'm much more prone to craziness, more outwardly emotional, and less likely to use logic to shut down people.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow! ENFJ.

Our personalities are not fully developed until our brains mature around the age of 25, but your type is set by the time you turn 5 (or so). You sound like an ENFJ to me.

While none of your peers might call you altruistic, you may be so at your core. Your indecision, your Fe sensitivity (hatred of extremes), your curiosity, your desire for closure ("once and for all" i.e. a J), your hidden agenda (Se--give me what I want, materialism and hoarding), your love of art, your dramatic eloquence ... all these traits sound ENFJ (ENFj in Socionics) to me.

Consider the following:

Any of that sound familiar? :shrug:

Interesting, I've never typed as an ENFJ, even in socoinics, I usually test as a LII,EII,LSI or IEI. I relate to the last paragraph and Gulenkos description, but that's about it. No one would call me an extrovert though.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting, I've never typed as an ENFJ, even in socoinics, I usually test as a LII,EII,LSI or IEI. I relate to the last paragraph and Gulenkos description, but that's about it. No one would call me an extrovert though.

I mis-typed as an introvert for a long, long time. I am not saying that you are not an introvert, as only you would know, but this is useful in distinguishing between the two:

introverts seem more likely to experience wholeness as individuals early in life. It may not be until later in life that they feel at peace with the outside world or with a romantic partner. We see the opposite phenomenon in extraverts, who, early on, seem geared to feel at peace or “at home” in the outside world or in the context of relationships. It may not be until later in life that they experience wholeness while alone.

Childish vs. Mature Love & Relationships

Hope that helps. :shrug:

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting. What do you mean like inner life? Inner life like my identity? I don't feel particularly comfortable with either.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I mis-typed as an introvert for a long, long time. I am not saying that you are not an introvert, as only you would know, but this is useful in distinguishing between the two:

Hope that helps. :shrug:

I know I'm firmly introverted, I never initiate anything nor do I have the urge to focus on the external world. Any other suggestions?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
PLEASE HELP I'M HAVING AN IDENTITY CRUSIS!