• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Like that untold story in your head, I'd like to be typed!

Dimwittian

MBTI Type
INTP
I've been mildly mulling it over over the last couple days. And I am firmly thinking INFP.

"I originally tested as INTx"
"I'm much more prone to craziness, more outwardly emotional, and less likely to use logic to shut down people."
"I guess I yearn to be free, be able to do whatever whenever, not be constantly judged by some other person."
"Disorganized. I can't organize for crap, am too lazy to, and often don't pay attention to that. Only I can understand my notes or handwriting. "

You tested as INTx, as a starting point. You also firmly believe yourself to be introverted, so we have:

I

Disorganized. And you've mentioned you lack drive. So that's likely P.

IxxP

In my opinion it's overtly obvious that you're not a sensor, coming only from your sentence structure and deepness of thought. So that's likely N.

INxP

So that leaves INTP/INFP. You mentioned that you're outwardly emotional. That is most certainly not an INTP trait until much later in life. So that means:

INFP

Do you listen to a lot of music? Do you find yourself judging perceptions based on what is right or wrong? Do you feel your emotions intensely?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been mildly mulling it over over the last couple days. And I am firmly thinking INFP.

"I originally tested as INTx"
"I'm much more prone to craziness, more outwardly emotional, and less likely to use logic to shut down people."
"I guess I yearn to be free, be able to do whatever whenever, not be constantly judged by some other person."
"Disorganized. I can't organize for crap, am too lazy to, and often don't pay attention to that. Only I can understand my notes or handwriting. "

You tested as INTx, as a starting point. You also firmly believe yourself to be introverted, so we have:

I

Disorganized. And you've mentioned you lack drive. So that's likely P.

IxxP

In my opinion it's overtly obvious that you're not a sensor, coming only from your sentence structure and deepness of thought. So that's likely N.

INxP

So that leaves INTP/INFP. You mentioned that you're outwardly emotional. That is most certainly not an INTP trait until much later in life. So that means:

INFP

Do you listen to a lot of music? Do you find yourself judging perceptions based on what is right or wrong? Do you feel your emotions intensely?

I do listen to music, my tastes are concentrated in rock and electric, some indie thrown in. I love Queen,Tears for Fears, David Bowie, Maroon 5, Digitalism, Kavinsky, you get the picture. I judge based on correct/incorrect. I can't stand bad grammar or incorrect facts, nor can I stand immoral people. To give an example, today I was reading an enneagram thread on INTPcentral and someone was like my tri-type is 597, and I was NO, that's not how it works! That was all I could really pay attention to. I'm outwardly emotional but not enough that most people notice, I'm usually quite calm. With my friends I'm much crazier. What do you mean like feel emotions intensely? I've honestly never understood what it means to feel emotions intensely, like are you amplifying it? Is it supposed to feel somehow more real? Like what does it mean?

Dimwittian

MBTI Type
INTP
It's hard to explain specifically what I mean by feeling emotions intensely because it requires another person to contrast with. Generally, INFPs will feel emotion very deeply. They'll feel very hurt if a friend says something that offends them on a personal level. But then again that explanation runs into the same problem of being vague without a second party for comparison. So the easiest way to ask is this - if I ask you at any given time what you're currently feeling, would you be able to answer that easily and with confidence?

For me, there are a lot of times that I have absolutely no idea what I'm feeling unless I spend a lot of time concentrating on it or slowing my mind down to remove fog so that I can tell. If you are INFP, you would be the polar opposite of this.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's hard to explain specifically what I mean by feeling emotions intensely because it requires another person to contrast with. Generally, INFPs will feel emotion very deeply. They'll feel very hurt if a friend says something that offends them on a personal level. But then again that explanation runs into the same problem of being vague without a second party for comparison. So the easiest way to ask is this - if I ask you at any given time what you're currently feeling, would you be able to answer that easily and with confidence?

For me, there are a lot of times that I have absolutely no idea what I'm feeling unless I spend a lot of time concentrating on it or slowing my mind down to remove fog so that I can tell. If you are INFP, you would be the polar opposite of this.

What do you call being offended when someone ignores you in the hallway or doesn't say hi right away? Or being EXTREMELY possessive of personal belongings? I don't know how to answer that honestly. I guess I can tell what I'm feeling but I can't express it into words?

Last edited:

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So I'm either ISTP or INFP......Wow
I just broke the system.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
MBTI: INFP
Socionics: LII

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does an InFP LII-Ne sound accurate?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think you're an ISTP anymore, but still an IXXP.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why not? What makes me so vague?

You're "vague" because you have only been here for about a month.

And I don't think you're an ISTP because
1.You don't vibe like one
2.You lack the "pragmaticism" that I associate with ISTPs. Now I know there are probably some unpragmatic ISTPs, but that's all I have to go off for now.

If I think of anything else then I will tell you.