• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing in progress

Jayce

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7sx
Hello!

I'm new to the forum and recently got sucked in to the MBTI world. I have some questions regarding my typing. I type as an ENFP (with a rare ENTP in one test) and enneagram as a 7w8, but 2 and 4 are really, really close. This strengthens my bond to ENFP since the popularity of enneagram types in the ENFP type corresponds exactly to my enneagram results.

I've felt like the function stacking of archetypal MBTI types can't be that simple and straightforward in real life. There needs to be more extension to the opposite side of the E/I axis per the function in question. I made 3 different functions tests to get some clarity to all of this and the result was more ambiguos than ever. XD Ne+i comes dominant in every test, Fe+i following in 2 but getting third place in the third test, making it ENTP. The values aren’t exact and I’ve used my own logic to determine what goes where.

Functions I E http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/cog_jung.pl
N ----------/----------
F ----------/---------
T --------/----
S ---/----
COMPARISON: Functions TEST FROM Personality Tests
N ----------/------
F ---------/--------
T ----/---
S -/------
COMPARISON: Functions TEST FROM keys2cognition.com
N ---------/---------
T --------/---
F ------/------
S /------

I've always felt like a general person, but I think my most preferred process flow to make decisions about my own life is the Ne-Fi-Te adjustable action plan (I just made that up). I imagine possibilites (Ne) to serve my feeling (Fi) which also makes the decisions about what is worth striving for and then think how to get there through Te, not forgetting to adjust on the go. Although I used to over-analyze things and go through all the options (e.g. when buying something) in a logical way, in the end I always ended up deciding on the thing that felt right from the start. Logic alone is never enough for me to make decisions. What good does it do if I don't really feel it? I feel that there is more to this world than logic and it can't explain most of the subtle and fundamental things in life. Even so, now that I've got a somewhat good grasp on N and F, I feel like I need to develop my Te to actually get more things done in my life and be more directed.

I'm just a beginner in the MBTI scheme (so forgive me for any mistakes and please correct me) but it has blown me away with the amount of understanding it has brought to support my intuition about people and the world. I'm not sure how type is ultimately determined (yes, yes, type is not deterministic, lol). Does one go with the proficiency of the functions or with the preference of the functions one is proficient in? It feels like the things one admires the most would be what they are at their core. Like when you admire the people you instinctively know you have the potential to become. I need insights, am I an ENFP? :)

PS. If there are any faults or inconsistencies in my theoretical understandings, please correct me.
PPS. This post was originally a huge wall of text of my characteristics and such so I shortened it by a lot.

Last edited:

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You seem to be accurately typed, you do use functions of ENFP..
I personally go with the proficiency of the functions

Jayce

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7sx
You seem to be accurately typed, you do use functions of ENFP..
I personally go with the proficiency of the functions

Thank you for replying. I've been doing some thinking and have come to the conclusion that I'm somewhat of an ENXP. After many years of soul searching and trying to objectively determine my strengths, I have come to two major goals in my life. 1: To help people understand themselves and grow to their full potential. Generally just improving the way of life in the world. Looking at it "obejctively" this is surely something an ENFP would want. I also want to be an inventor of sorts. I love science and design. I also want to become an entrepreneur. I could go deeper into the ENTP traits but this is the gist of it.

Now that I have developed Fi I'm perhaps coming to terms with my true ENFP nature but still hold the ENTP nature. Now that I answer these function tests, I seem to answer according to my feeling, which I value more in the end.

Now this makes me wonder... According to type theory, can one be "misdeveloped" (say, due to depression and external influences) into two types (taking dominant as the leading principle) and would one be more developed as a person when following a single path or could one hold diversity as a measure of personal development? In simpler terms, would one be happier going off one direction or just going both ways parallel to each other... In the end I think one would always grow into what they value the most.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have come to two major goals in my life. 1: To help people understand themselves and grow to their full potential. Generally just improving the way of life in the world. Looking at it "obejctively" this is surely something an ENFP would want. I also want to be an inventor of sorts. I love science and design. I also want to become an entrepreneur. I could go deeper into the ENTP traits but this is the gist of it.

Now that I have developed Fi I'm perhaps coming to terms with my true ENFP nature but still hold the ENTP nature. Now that I answer these function tests, I seem to answer according to my feeling, which I value more in the end.

I think most people are confused about F and T functions, because being F make one seems like they do not have a brain and being T makes one seems like they're robots or something, these are due to stereotypes ..
But from my observations, helping people to understand themselves and make a world a better place is definitely NOT AT ALL a thing an ENTP would say, ENTPs rather say something about provoking others to see their reaction, or exploding the whole place up, or sleeping the whole day long and watching TV, admiring life with no commitment at all, ENTP are wit most of the time and always have a dark side in their jokes, think of them as crazy scientists, they can be drama queen if something goes not as expected but that doesn't mean they're F domain..
A feeler can also show interest and good potential in science and business etc.. I'm getting an F general trait with a strong T from you so far..

Jayce

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7sx
I started to get more into this when I read about ENTP description from 16personalities.com. I could relate to near everything it said but the impersonal stuff. I'm still very interested in puzzles etc. I don't know how much for example IQ has to do with thinking and feeling preferences but I hope not to think too much through stereotypes. I know its not as straightforward as it seems. I know people with inferior Ti and they're above average smart. I'm trying to figure out my type development. The thing is I can somewhat relate to what you said about ENTPs. I feel that growing up I developed Ti more than Fi and now Fi has caught up and I've shifted more to the ENFP (my truer self) direction through adulthood.

If strictly following type development there are two scenarios, I'm an ENTP with Fe developing (I'm in my late 20s) or an ENFP with previously underdeveloped feeling. I would also go with the latter being more true. Ty for this.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I started to get more into this when I read about ENTP description from 16personalities.com. I could relate to near everything it said but the impersonal stuff. I'm still very interested in puzzles etc. I don't know how much for example IQ has to do with thinking and feeling preferences but I hope not to think too much through stereotypes. I know its not as straightforward as it seems. I know people with inferior Ti and they're above average smart. I'm trying to figure out my type development. The thing is I can somewhat relate to what you said about ENTPs. I feel that growing up I developed Ti more than Fi and now Fi has caught up and I've shifted more to the ENFP (my truer self) direction through adulthood.

If strictly following type development there are two scenarios, I'm an ENTP with Fe developing (I'm in my late 20s) or an ENFP with previously underdeveloped feeling. I would also go with the latter being more true. Ty for this.

The more you participate in the forum the more and more you'll be able to find out your type and understand yourself and people around you

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem correctly typed as an ENFP.