• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please Type Me II

slylingual

MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1-what makes you angry?
A lot makes me angry but I've managed to simmer down a lot over the years. Sly digs - or indirect insults, in general - get my blood boiling more than anything. At first I'll be irritated because I've just been insulted but what really gets me angry is not knowing how to respond to it. On one hand I want to call the other person out but on the other I don't know how to do it without making myself look bad, so 9 times out of 10 I don't do anything and I'll just let the anger fester. It builds up over time until one day I just can't take it anymore and I unleash a can of verbal whoop-ass on the person.

Other things that make me angry are: people who bully or prey on weaker individuals, "copycats", dishonesty, disloyalty, shit-talking, mob mentality, anyone and everyone who insults or poses a threat to my family or close friends.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
Most of the answers I gave above could be carried over to this question, in terms of what I dislike about most people. I dislike people who want/need my approval. I've had people imitate me and my behavior, thinking that by doing so I'd like them more, when in fact acting that way has the opposite effect on me. My biggest pet peeve is selfish people though. I understand that humans are inherently selfish but there's a difference between self-preservation (making decisions based on what most benefits you) and being wholly and entirely concerned with the self and only the self, insofar that they have absolutely zero regard for others and their feelings.

I like people who are consistently polite, friendly, and well-meaning. Calm, even-tempered, easygoing people are pretty fucking great too. I seem to like mysterious people too... The harder they are to read, the more intoxicating I find them. If someone is elusive and hard to understand I see befriending them as almost a challenge.

3-do you like animals? why?
Honestly? I love animals in theory, in that I love looking at them and reading about them, but they actually freak me out in real life. Like, I have no idea what they're thinking or what they're gonna do or how to handle them. Being around them makes me extremely anxious but I pretend it doesn't faze me to avoid making myself look like an irrational lunatic. Dogs freaked me out when I was younger but I never told anyone because I found it a little embarrassing. I don't think anyone caught on, which is quite impressive.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
Haha, I've noticed that a lot of my favorite people are type 9s on the enneagram. I'm not sure if it's a matter of like attracting like or opposites attracting though. I'm generally easy to get along with but sometimes I can be pretty intense and so peaceful, conflict-avoidant folk help calm me down/balance me out. I like that my favorite people are able to remain calm no matter what circumstances or people they're facing because I'm more reactive than most so to meet people who display traits contrary to that of my own is... admirable, I guess?

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
Oh boy... Uh... I like that I'm good with words (more so in person than online) and persuasive, though my persuasiveness can sometimes border on manipulative. I also like that I'm charming as hell when I want to be... which, in a way, sort of ties in with being persuasive. I like that I'm funny (the wittiest person most people know), relatively smart, and that I have good taste in music, films, books, etc. I'm pretty good at reading people, too. I can quickly size up a person and what they're about with decent accuracy and it makes it easy for me to build rapport with others. I'm also empathetic beyond reason, which is both a strength and a weakness. I'm a crazy good improviser (as long as I have some knowledge concerning whatever it is I'm improvising) and I'm great at getting by with little to no effort.

I don't like that I'm lazy, that I have a short fuse, or that I'm inconsistent/unpredictable. I don't like that I'm unreliable, either. I don't like that I have erratic mood swings (which I attribute to me having BPD) or that I'm perpetually anxious. My low self-esteem is a bit of a downer, too. There's honestly a lot I dislike about myself but recently I've been trying to either work on these flaws or, uh, avoid dealing with them.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
A little. I usually wear baggy pjs and sweats around the house because I don't give a fuck but when I go out with friends (which, admittedly, isn't very often) I make a good effort to look nice. I sort of keep up with trends but I like to put my own creative spin on them and I have a propensity for mixing up two completely different styles (such as hippie-esque fashion and grunge) to create an entirely different style. I only pay attention to trends that pique my interest though. I'm not about spending cash on shit I don't like.

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
Haha, uh... I'm kind of all over the place. When I was younger I wanted to fit in because I was very different from other people and standing out made me uncomfortable. I think it was an issue of personal insecurities more than anything else, to be honest. My name was unusual, I was an immigrant, and my family didn't make as much money as I wished we did. Especially in comparison to the other families I knew. I was very good at making it appear as if I had more money and prestige than I did. I had a knack for fooling people into believing I was cooler than I actually was.

However, after gaining a little more confidence in myself, I chose to embrace what I was and chose standing out over fitting in. Though back when I tried to fit in, I still really enjoyed being the center of attention so, in a way, I also tried to stand out. This was my method: analyze groups + people within it, draw similarities between me and them and use these to my advantage, capitalize on any and every opportunity (or "in", so to speak) to integrate myself in these groups, and then once they accepted me, I'd slowly begin to show my real self. I was hyper aware of hierarchies and I guess you could say I was a bit of a chameleon, too.

8-what activities do you enjoy?
I spend most of my time on the internet. Hell, I've spent most of my life on the internet. I read and write a lot. It's about all I do, actually. I'm super interested in typology, legitimate psychology, philosophy, and people. I absolutely love people but it's more the idea of people than people themselves. I tend to keep most people at a distant and I've been known to push people away and burn bridges like a psychotic arsonist. I also love art in all its many forms, whether that be visual, musical, or written. I like films and music and I like having a good time. Despite conflict making me anxious, I seem to enjoy arguing and playing devil's advocate.

One thing I just realized I enjoy is research. Serial killers, people (shocker!), conspiracy theories, dream interpretations, the occult, and co-morbid mental disorders are favorites of mine.

9-what makes you feel secure?
Nothing, really. I guess I have "comfort" go-tos. Movies and songs that I fall back on when my world's gone to shit and I need a reminder that it's all gonna be okay. Other than that, though, there isn't much that makes me feel secure. I won't feel secure until I become entirely self-sufficient, until I don't have to or even want to rely on anyone but myself. I guess that stems from my trust issues and paranoid tendencies, which go hand in hand.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
Um. Yes and no. No because trust issues and paranoia. Yes because feelz.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
I've listed a lot of what I love already, in terms of interests. Oh man... I need more time to answer this.

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
Uh... Bad shit. Over-thinking. Negativity. I think about the past more than I'd ever like to admit but my recollection of what happened is extremely skewed since my mindset, by default, is negative whenever I "reminisce" and I only really get that way when I'm unhealthy. One thing I don't understand, though, is how selective and inconsistent my memory is. I watched every single episode of Weeds a few summers ago and I'd probably consider it one of my favorite shows but... I don't remember a single character's name, or what happened (besides the basic plot), or how the plot progressed, or... anything at all, really. I just know that, at one point in time, I watched it and it was cool. The same principle applies to books and movies and pretty much everything else. All I'm left with are vague impressions... but when someone I care about deeply crosses me, I don't forget... except for when I do, which I sometimes do. Gah. I wish I could explain it better.

Anyway. I spend a lot of time thinking about myself, other people, funny and/or interesting and/or downright clever schemes, ways my life could pan out, what I would do if I was able to go back in time and change certain aspects of my past (mostly shit like "what if I could go back in time with all the knowledge I have now and become a child prodigy?"), MBTI... Otherwise I'm thinking of ways that I can better myself. A great deal of my time is spent imagining myself in unrealistic scenarios, all of which revolve around me doing and being things that I'd probably never do or be.

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
Oh, you have no idea. I was a really serious kid. I was frugal, protective, and stubborn as shit. I was competitive, too, but also kind. Of course this is all stuff my mom relayed to me so who knows how much truth it holds but since a lot of what other family members have said about me align with what she has said about me, I'm going to assume she knows what she's talkin' about. I used to play soccer and very recently my mom told me that whenever I accidentally knocked a player down, I'd always turn around and help them back up. My mom said it confused the other parents in the stand whenever I did that because I was an insanely good player and it isn't often you see highly skilled players doing shit like that. I don't know though. Now I'm depressed and anxious and a generally lost/confused person. I still have a good heart and if I could stop being lazy for just one fucking second I could probably be well-rounded and successful too. There was a long period where I was really angry and reactive, mostly because of a few familial and personal issues, but I've since gotten better so yay!

If you read that, kudos! And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The positives on #5 make you sound extroverted, but then you said you didn't like to hang out with people irl. I guess it's still possible for you to be extrovert though. Yeah you seem to pay a lot of attention to the external world.

Maybe ENXP? leaning towards ENTP. The negative past stuff sounds like lower Si. I'm not 100% sure.

Overall you seem pretty cool.

slylingual

MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The positives on #5 make you sound extroverted, but then you said you didn't like to hang out with people irl. I guess it's still possible for you to be extrovert though. Yeah you seem to pay a lot of attention to the external world.

Maybe ENXP? leaning towards ENTP. The negative past stuff sounds like slower Si. I'm not 100% sure.

Overall you seem pretty cool.

Oh hey, thanks.

Yeah, I do. I put a lot of focus on the external world, or external stimuli in general, even if I don't always engage with it directly. Dominant Ne types are often regarded as the most introverted extroverts, yeah? So it's highly plausible I could be one. Also, I'm pretty certain I use Fe-Ti.

I've been into typology forever and I can type everyone I meet with relative ease, but my emotionally turbulent nature (which, again, is related to BPD) makes it almost impossible for me to type myself. I've been told that my "reactivity" is a dead-ringer for Se, even though I've met many Se doms over the course of my life, both online and off, and there is a very clear difference between us and how we deal with confrontation. Words and wit are my weapon.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Sly digs - or indirect insults, in general

Hi.

I'm sorry, I haven't read your post.

I was just wondering if you can tell me more about hits? Like, what do people do when they are making a "sly dig"? Who does it, where and when does it occur? etc.

Dominant Ne types are often regarded as the most introverted extroverts, yeah?

Yes, because intuition is somewhat detached from the environment. Basically, Ne still starts from the environment, but it uses what is there as a springboard to bring to the picture what is not there. So, they seem more to be using their imagination rather than engaging in what is around them.

They can be very talkative however, as their minds must race with ideas.

Ok, so I've read the whole thing now. Thought I wasn't going to...

But anyway, I think you are ENFP. Some reasonings:

E: I got the impression that you're naturally pretty social? But that "BPD" issues complicate things. Also, you like "myserious" people, whereas introverts generally ARE the mysterious ones...

N: you said several things about being interested in ideas I think... I can't remember now the other N things I saw

F: able to read people well, maybe the emotion

NF: your interests... stuff like psychology, the occult... certainly very typical of Ns, but I think NFs especially.

P: the way you write... gives me the impression of someone who doesn't really seek to control things the way a J would, it's more just go with the flow (not sure if that term applies... it's vague) I guess...

This is just initial impression. I didn't look at functions, and I thought maybe there was some clear Fe in what you wrote, so that would discount ENFP if so. Anyways.

And the way you describe yourself in terms of your BPD makes me think I really am BPD myself, and the mental health professionals who say there is no chance are just on drugs.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
1-what makes you angry?
A lot makes me angry but I've managed to simmer down a lot over the years. Sly digs - or indirect insults, in general - get my blood boiling more than anything. At first I'll be irritated because I've just been insulted but what really gets me angry is not knowing how to respond to it. On one hand I want to call the other person out but on the other I don't know how to do it without making myself look bad, so 9 times out of 10 I don't do anything and I'll just let the anger fester. It builds up over time until one day I just can't take it anymore and I unleash a can of verbal whoop-ass on the person.

Other things that make me angry are: people who bully or prey on weaker individuals, "copycats", dishonesty, disloyalty, shit-talking, mob mentality, anyone and everyone who insults or poses a threat to my family or close friends.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
Most of the answers I gave above could be carried over to this question, in terms of what I dislike about most people. I dislike people who want/need my approval. I've had people imitate me and my behavior, thinking that by doing so I'd like them more, when in fact acting that way has the opposite effect on me. My biggest pet peeve is selfish people though. I understand that humans are inherently selfish but there's a difference between self-preservation (making decisions based on what most benefits you) and being wholly and entirely concerned with the self and only the self, insofar that they have absolutely zero regard for others and their feelings.

I like people who are consistently polite, friendly, and well-meaning. Calm, even-tempered, easygoing people are pretty fucking great too. I seem to like mysterious people too... The harder they are to read, the more intoxicating I find them. If someone is elusive and hard to understand I see befriending them as almost a challenge.

3-do you like animals? why?
Honestly? I love animals in theory, in that I love looking at them and reading about them, but they actually freak me out in real life. Like, I have no idea what they're thinking or what they're gonna do or how to handle them. Being around them makes me extremely anxious but I pretend it doesn't faze me to avoid making myself look like an irrational lunatic. Dogs freaked me out when I was younger but I never told anyone because I found it a little embarrassing. I don't think anyone caught on, which is quite impressive.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
Haha, I've noticed that a lot of my favorite people are type 9s on the enneagram. I'm not sure if it's a matter of like attracting like or opposites attracting though. I'm generally easy to get along with but sometimes I can be pretty intense and so peaceful, conflict-avoidant folk help calm me down/balance me out. I like that my favorite people are able to remain calm no matter what circumstances or people they're facing because I'm more reactive than most so to meet people who display traits contrary to that of my own is... admirable, I guess?

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
Oh boy... Uh... I like that I'm good with words (more so in person than online) and persuasive, though my persuasiveness can sometimes border on manipulative. I also like that I'm charming as hell when I want to be... which, in a way, sort of ties in with being persuasive. I like that I'm funny (the wittiest person most people know), relatively smart, and that I have good taste in music, films, books, etc. I'm pretty good at reading people, too. I can quickly size up a person and what they're about with decent accuracy and it makes it easy for me to build rapport with others. I'm also empathetic beyond reason, which is both a strength and a weakness. I'm a crazy good improviser (as long as I have some knowledge concerning whatever it is I'm improvising) and I'm great at getting by with little to no effort.

I don't like that I'm lazy, that I have a short fuse, or that I'm inconsistent/unpredictable. I don't like that I'm unreliable, either. I don't like that I have erratic mood swings (which I attribute to me having BPD) or that I'm perpetually anxious. My low self-esteem is a bit of a downer, too. There's honestly a lot I dislike about myself but recently I've been trying to either work on these flaws or, uh, avoid dealing with them.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
A little. I usually wear baggy pjs and sweats around the house because I don't give a fuck but when I go out with friends (which, admittedly, isn't very often) I make a good effort to look nice. I sort of keep up with trends but I like to put my own creative spin on them and I have a propensity for mixing up two completely different styles (such as hippie-esque fashion and grunge) to create an entirely different style. I only pay attention to trends that pique my interest though. I'm not about spending cash on shit I don't like.

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
Haha, uh... I'm kind of all over the place. When I was younger I wanted to fit in because I was very different from other people and standing out made me uncomfortable. I think it was an issue of personal insecurities more than anything else, to be honest. My name was unusual, I was an immigrant, and my family didn't make as much money as I wished we did. Especially in comparison to the other families I knew. I was very good at making it appear as if I had more money and prestige than I did. I had a knack for fooling people into believing I was cooler than I actually was.

However, after gaining a little more confidence in myself, I chose to embrace what I was and chose standing out over fitting in. Though back when I tried to fit in, I still really enjoyed being the center of attention so, in a way, I also tried to stand out. This was my method: analyze groups + people within it, draw similarities between me and them and use these to my advantage, capitalize on any and every opportunity (or "in", so to speak) to integrate myself in these groups, and then once they accepted me, I'd slowly begin to show my real self. I was hyper aware of hierarchies and I guess you could say I was a bit of a chameleon, too.

8-what activities do you enjoy?
I spend most of my time on the internet. Hell, I've spent most of my life on the internet. I read and write a lot. It's about all I do, actually. I'm super interested in typology, legitimate psychology, philosophy, and people. I absolutely love people but it's more the idea of people than people themselves. I tend to keep most people at a distant and I've been known to push people away and burn bridges like a psychotic arsonist. I also love art in all its many forms, whether that be visual, musical, or written. I like films and music and I like having a good time. Despite conflict making me anxious, I seem to enjoy arguing and playing devil's advocate.

One thing I just realized I enjoy is research. Serial killers, people (shocker!), conspiracy theories, dream interpretations, the occult, and co-morbid mental disorders are favorites of mine.

9-what makes you feel secure?
Nothing, really. I guess I have "comfort" go-tos. Movies and songs that I fall back on when my world's gone to shit and I need a reminder that it's all gonna be okay. Other than that, though, there isn't much that makes me feel secure. I won't feel secure until I become entirely self-sufficient, until I don't have to or even want to rely on anyone but myself. I guess that stems from my trust issues and paranoid tendencies, which go hand in hand.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
Um. Yes and no. No because trust issues and paranoia. Yes because feelz.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
I've listed a lot of what I love already, in terms of interests. Oh man... I need more time to answer this.

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
Uh... Bad shit. Over-thinking. Negativity. I think about the past more than I'd ever like to admit but my recollection of what happened is extremely skewed since my mindset, by default, is negative whenever I "reminisce" and I only really get that way when I'm unhealthy. One thing I don't understand, though, is how selective and inconsistent my memory is. I watched every single episode of Weeds a few summers ago and I'd probably consider it one of my favorite shows but... I don't remember a single character's name, or what happened (besides the basic plot), or how the plot progressed, or... anything at all, really. I just know that, at one point in time, I watched it and it was cool. The same principle applies to books and movies and pretty much everything else. All I'm left with are vague impressions... but when someone I care about deeply crosses me, I don't forget... except for when I do, which I sometimes do. Gah. I wish I could explain it better.

Anyway. I spend a lot of time thinking about myself, other people, funny and/or interesting and/or downright clever schemes, ways my life could pan out, what I would do if I was able to go back in time and change certain aspects of my past (mostly shit like "what if I could go back in time with all the knowledge I have now and become a child prodigy?"), MBTI... Otherwise I'm thinking of ways that I can better myself. A great deal of my time is spent imagining myself in unrealistic scenarios, all of which revolve around me doing and being things that I'd probably never do or be.

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
Oh, you have no idea. I was a really serious kid. I was frugal, protective, and stubborn as shit. I was competitive, too, but also kind. Of course this is all stuff my mom relayed to me so who knows how much truth it holds but since a lot of what other family members have said about me align with what she has said about me, I'm going to assume she knows what she's talkin' about. I used to play soccer and very recently my mom told me that whenever I accidentally knocked a player down, I'd always turn around and help them back up. My mom said it confused the other parents in the stand whenever I did that because I was an insanely good player and it isn't often you see highly skilled players doing shit like that. I don't know though. Now I'm depressed and anxious and a generally lost/confused person. I still have a good heart and if I could stop being lazy for just one fucking second I could probably be well-rounded and successful too. There was a long period where I was really angry and reactive, mostly because of a few familial and personal issues, but I've since gotten better so yay!

If you read that, kudos! And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

That was a long post, and by the end of it my still not sure what type you are, though I get the impression you are an FP of some sort. What would you say you were more likely to do - act without thinking or hesitate too long?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Millennial.

slylingual

MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That was a long post, and by the end of it my still not sure what type you are, though I get the impression you are an FP of some sort. What would you say you were more likely to do - act without thinking or hesitate too long?

Both, lol. It all depends on the situation and my mindset going into it.

Millennial.

no u