• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an INFJ, INTJ, or something else entirely?

puddle_master

Hey everyone, I've been lurking around for a long while now, but have finally decided to make an account to ask a question. I've always been certain about being an N, but I've never been able to fully settle on a type. I've managed to narrow it down to INFJ and INTJ, but even then, I'm self-analyzing. I could be completely biased and not even realize it, so I think it's best if other people observe me objectively and base it off of that lol.

Just to start off, the top 5 types I've found myself mixed with are ENFP, ENTJ, EXTP, INFJ, and INTJ. As I did some research over months, I've found that Ni seems to be my top function. I especially contribute this to seeing visions in my head. I often see a specific thing I want and begin to make plans and steps to get there. And I know how to get what I want. At the same time, these visions are also what help me out, particularly with people. I often have very "psychic" feelings that I don't like to listen to, but they often turn out to be right and I've learned to follow them. Just by meeting a person for the first time, I can paint a picture of exactly who this person is based on the way they look and act. These readings give me advantages in more career-linked events (especially with how to deal with people), and allow me to see enemies and friends from afar. It also helps me discern the truth very quickly, and gives me very quick insights on a person's strengths and weaknesses before they are even able to tell me about it. The visions are very rarely wrong, which scares me a little. So all this together has made me look between INFJ and INTJ.

I guess to help out, I picked out a random questionnaire and answered it all:

1. Which would come out on top in a battle... Zombies, Vampires, or Werewolves? And why?

Hmm... I guess it depends. Werewolves, afaik, only come out during a full moon. Vampires, not counting the Twilight ones, die in the sunlight. Zombies can exist any time of the day. So it would depend what time of day this all takes place. If morning or afternoon, definitely Zombies because the other two would be weakened. In nighttime, however, I could foresee a different outcome. In addition to that, it would depend on the battlefield, the particular skill set of each army, and a bunch of other variables. It's really not all that simplistic lol. But then again, why the heck are they all battling to begin with?

2. What is your idea of the perfect day?

Kinda depends on my mood.

If I'm feeling energetic, having the best time of my life and going lots of different places. I'd want to spend my day with friends and/or family (I probably wouldn't go alone or with strangers) and just go out there doing a bunch of exciting things. Driving, mountain climbing, concerts, sitting in a cafe chatting, running, hiking, performing, partying etc. In between adventures, I'd just want time to talk and discuss the world, philosophy, etc. At the end of the day, I would want to be alone, reflecting on everything that's happened. Remembering all the different events, the emotions that ran through my head, all the philosophical thoughts streamlining and organizing themselves. And holding it all to my heart as I sleep that night.

If I'm feeling a little less energetic and a little more relaxed (probably the most likely option), just going on a walk is enough. Drinking tea/coffee/hot chocolate. Watching a movie. Talking with a friend or two. Listening to music. Treating myself out. Just that is enough, and I'll go to bed rested and happy.

This is really idealistic, however. If I didn't have so many responsibilities and things to do, I'd want to be able to run free like this. A perfect day with the constraints I currently have is everything going right and perfect, and the number of events I have judged to be good outweighing the bad. And if it especially involves my career advancing, that'd be great.

3. What really is the correct way to pronounce potato and tomato?

Depends on the language, context, and if we're trying to make people laugh or seriously inform them. But really, is there ever a right or wrong way to pronounce them in unrestricted circumstances, like in a vacuum situation for words? :p

4. If you could live anywhere, where would you live (doesn't have to be a real place)?

Well, there's two I could think of.

Personally, I'd want to be a renegade. Free to travel the world (actually, more of the galaxies and outer space) and do as I wish. Having temporary homes, just watching the world as it continues to move. Maybe take a job as a hitman or an assassin, get good at it, and only take jobs that I feel have a correct moral conviction. Helping out people from time to time. Keep history moving if it gets stuck somewhere. Almost like I'm a sentry/guardian over the universe type of thing, and I make decisions based on what's right for the order of the universe, and not necessarily for a specific group or cause. I'd also want a pet with me just so I stay sane. I'd probably be avoiding human contact 90% of the time.

In realistic terms, I'd want to live in a high rise or a mansion somewhere in the world. I imagine that to get there, I'd have to have a feasible income, so I'd probably be a businessman or a celebrity or some career that earns large amounts of money. Looking over a great view, having a big place all to myself and the people I love. Maybe in Japan, or Italy, or anywhere really. I'm not all that picky with location as long as it's safe and reasonable.

5. What changes would you make if you were president/king/emperor/ruler of the world?

I'd want the world to be a better place. A world where no one has to get hurt anymore, or suffer, or experience poverty, abuse, etc. Sure we have inefficient systems, but we also have the flaws of human nature following us all around. I'd devise a plan that not only fixes the systems meant to control human beings, but also fundamentally fixes what makes humans so fallible. I wouldn't mind a very rational, robotic world, to be honest. Emotions are wonderful, and seeing other people happy also makes me happy, but they do also make things more complicated than they should be at times. If everything could be detached and objective, that'd be great. So cyborgs all across the university? Sure! I'm sure some people will get mad because they want "freedom of expression and humanity," but if given the chance as a ruler, this personally resounds to me as being the most beneficial and efficient system that will help everyone survive in the universe. My plan will probably turn out like the latest Star Wars movie, with a Finn type of character breaking the mold and freeing everyone. But then again, I should have known better: no change is really all that permanent. Nothing is. And it's only a matter of time before another change happens, which is how I see the everlasting cycle of peace and war. There is no world peace, but no infinite war as well. It's all temporary and swings back and forth due to the divergences and lack of 100% uniformity in human thought and behavior. Oh well. At least there may be peace for a while with my plan (unless someone would like to pick it apart for me?)

6. Using only words that start with the letter S, describe yourself.

Secretive. Selective. Sensual. Supportive. Silly. Smart/Sagacious. Self-doubting, Self-conscious, and Self-confident. Semi-sensitive. Sharp/Straightforward. Savage. Sentry. Somewhat snobby. Socially polite. Shadow. Separate/Singular. Sentimental. Sincere.

Gosh this is hard. I had to resort to a thesaurus for a few of these.

7. If you could be a member of the opposite sex for one day...what would you do?

I'd absolutely want to know what a period and pregnancy (if possible) feels like. I'd also want to test out and feel what breasts and a vagina would feel like. I guess, just for experimental purposes, I'd also want to see what sex is like with both men and women. Other than that, I don't think guys and girls are all that different personality wise as they are biologically. Yet somehow, society pressures these personalities to turn different roads for having certain biological parts. And we have completely different people and messes. Anyway, off that tangent, I'd want to test out my biological aspects and what it's like to be a woman in society compared to a man (I'm passionate about gender issues [particularly how men get put down compared to women in certain ways, such as it being more okay for a woman to hit a man than vice versa => personally I don't see it any more wrong, as it's wrong to hit a person period, no matter who it is], so this would give me personal insight on the matter)

8. What is your biggest pet peeve?

People who chew with their mouths open. Holy cow, it annoys me to no end. If it's a random person or an acquaintance, I usually walk away or try to ignore it. But if it's someone I actually care about, I will correct them immediately. It's just so disgusting and improper to me, and quite obnoxious and rude for others to see. I apologize if it offends anyone. But seriously, I can't with that. It's very classless, and I highly value social etiquette, hosting, and manners. I guess it's also because of how I grew up (ESFJ mother), but hey, that's me.

9. If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be?

An Umbreon. Yeah, it's a Pokemon, but I love it's defensive play style, loyalty, and how much it seems to resemble my nature. So mysterious and enigmatic.

But in reality, a Doberman. I love it's fierceness, it's loyalty, it's look, and the way it seems so scary and intimidating, but in reality has quite a heart to it.

10. Are you a night owl or an early bird?

Night owl.

Sorry for the length, and thanks for any help! :) If you have any question you'd like to ask, hit me with it! Not literally, though. Not sure if my health insurance will cover it.

Last edited:

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm feeling INFJ, but really, I can't get too much in terms of specifics from this questionnaire. You seem cool though! Welcome, by the way.

puddle_master

I'm feeling INFJ, but really, I can't get too much in terms of specifics from this questionnaire. You seem cool though! Welcome, by the way.

Thank you, and thanks for the response! :)

I also decided to add another questionaire for more clarifications:

1-what makes you angry?

Injustice. Seeing the people I love hurt. Betrayal. Incompetent people (particularly in work or group settings => I'm more tolerant outside of that). People who don't know how to understand others when it's necessary. Disrespect. Irrational and overemotional people. Having my thoughts or emotions played with in a non-joking manner. I don't like showing emotion as it is, and having it played with makes me angry. A lack of ambition or drive. Liars and deceivers. Fakeness and insincerity. Lack of honesty. Bullies. Making stupid decisions. People not understanding what's important to me when I have understood them time after time. And the one that enrages me most: people that I care about using personal things (like my dreams and weaknesses) against me.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?

I'm a cynic, so there's not much I like about human nature. I guess I like how we can experience such a range of emotions, and how some of the most negative things like pain can help us to grow. I find it interesting to study the nature of people and how it works in relation to philosophy in the world (though I do it because it's practical for living purposes in the world). I've also personally never fell in love, but I've imagined a relationship (fantasy) and felt emotions in that. So I can kind of understand (not fully) how love can be both so great and painful all at once.

3-do you like animals? why?

Well, from afar. I like seeing and learning about all the different animals, and appreciate them. Up close, it depends. I don't stand for animal abuse, but I don't want to go out there and hug every animal. Some of them are pretty dangerous or gross. I do like some exotic animals and dogs, rabbits, and fish though. Not a big cat fan. Generally, though, the animals I like most are the ones I've personally been with, played with, and taken care of.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?

That I can trust them and the trust me. We can be weird and zany around each other. I guess I appreciate the friends that are most like me: ambitious, logical/rational (more of not letting feelings get in the way of normal discussions), not way overemotional, understanding personal points, and loyal. I also like friends who understand and support me, selfless, and just "get me." (I'd be the same way back.) As for family, even if they aren't like my friends, they're my family. Love 'em or hate 'em, they're there and I'll be there. As long as they don't endanger me. That's a game changer. I especially like people that are a little mysterious (like me). I try to give everyone a chance, but these are the types I absolutely get along with.

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?

Like: I am honest and straightforward. I can filter myself to cater to the emotions of others, but at times, I will completely disregard my filter. I'm a life therapist for most of my friends, and lend an ear and help solve their problems (though it frustrates me that people don't do the same for me when I really need it) and give them strategies to succeed. I am ambitious and won't stop until I get what I want. I know how to balance myself, such as the right mix of assertive/aggressive and compromising, forwardly friendly yet holding back parts of myself. I'm selfless and, at rare moments, give up what might be important to me for the people I love. I also like that I can be funny and adjust myself a little to ensure the person I'm talking to is comfortable with me. I'm also open to all types if people.

Dislike: I can be too blunt and sometimes don't filter enough. I can have a very stoic, aloof resting-bitch face unless I'm acting or truly feeling an emotion strongly or paying attention to my face. I am sometimes too nice, open, and selfless- to a fault (it's not often anymore, but I get taken advantage of, and that's usually when I make errors in my judgements of decisions/strategies or people). I actually dislike how I can be nice or emotional, as it blurs me from seeing things as I need to see them- objectively. Sometimes, the way I look. How my confidence shakes when all the odds are against me. How I can act like the same things I despise (being fake, lying, etc.) at time and be hypocritical at times. I hate how other people not liking me can affect me, particularly if it affects my career or standing in some way. I also dislike how I might hide parts of myself to "fit in," and make myself less genuine (in example: hiding my DS when people came by, but bringing it out to play when I'm all alone).

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?

I used to not care. I really didn't care what people thought about me, though I did like to wear nice things and look somewhat presentable (mostly my parents forcing me). But suddenly, there came a point where the way I dressed affected possible career outcomes for me. At the same time, people began to look down at me and deny me opportunities. Since then, I have made sure to stay completely on top of fashion and always looking presentable (unless I'm at home... then I absolutely don't care).

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?

Depends on the scenario. After all, I can't jeopardy my career by not choosing when to fit in or stand out during pivotal times. In general, I like to stand out and shine. I may put up a mask of being "normal" and "fitting in," but at the end of the day, I want to be unique, original, and myself. I don't like faking myself completely just so I will be accepted. I accept myself as a strange freak haha.

8-what activities do you enjoy?

Music, singing, songwriting, acting, living in my fantasies and imagination in my head, being near the ocean, going on great adventures through many places (this totally energizes me), making people laugh, having fun, people watching, being with the people I love, videogames (especially multiplayer games, and solo games when I'm not in the mood for people), nature, and being free to do what I love with no restraints keeping me in line.

9-what makes you feel secure?

Being in a good financial situation, not having any enemies that want to endanger my secure situation (I do recognize its normal and healthy to have enemies), and achieving my dreams/ambitions (and still chasing them). And being near the ocean alone. It always calms me down and relaxes me and makes me feel safe.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?

I guess it would be nice (I've never been in one). But I'm not actively hunting for it. If it happens, it happens. If not, oh well. I don't want it to be forced. I need to be happy on my own more than anything. At the end of the day, the only one who will always be there for me is myself.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...

The ocean- just calms me down.
Videogames/Movies- really helped me cope during hard times and lets me experience situations and worlds I can't in real life.
Theater/Acting- I just love the art. It makes me happy, and I love performing.
Singing/Songwriting/Music- helps me release my emotions in a mode I feel comfortable in and also helped me cope during hard times.
Business- I love strategizing, particularly when it comes to finances or marketing. I get a rush of joy envisioning plans and possible outcomes.
James Dean- my idol. I just love his acting and his free-spirit renegade ways => I wish I could be like that all the time, but I need to be practical. Hence why I like to release that character of mine in performing arts.

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?

The future, past relationships and actions (and analyzing them down so I can learn lessons for the future), things I have to do (and organizing it all so that I get things done efficiently), new ideas I have, my surroundings, people observations, philosophy, how I can get ahead, things people have said/done and what it may mean. And dreaming up fantasies and living in them in my head.

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?

As a kid, I tended to be shy and keep to myself. I always imagined myself in many different worlds, and at times forget about what was right in front of me. Videogames especially took me away from the real world. I tended to be blunt as well, and my mother reminded me to have a filter. I was weird in that I could also be very extraverted, and I often led groups of kids in games and adventures. I lived for these adventures, and they really energized me.

After moving away from my friends and bullying began in school, however, any extraversion in me died and I learned to be on my own. People tried to especially hurt me emotionally (lots of betrayal and joining the bullies), and I combated back. I tried to be patient and kind, and it wore down. I started to have my feelings hurt, especially with ostracization. Eventually, I learned to tone down fighting back and became more cunning, cynical, and a renegade. I learned to take the pain and release my sadness and anger through other means. I started to get along with the bullies. I knew they still disliked me, and I harbored deep feelings of sadness and hatred, putting me down into a deep depression. I became insecure and lost my confidence. It's only been recently that my old self has come back.

Years and years now, I have become more observant of how people are. I know how to withdraw and see the world in a strange, objective manner, and analyze things like that. The caring, loving side of me is still there, but I now have learned when to reveal it and when not to. I still like to be leader, but I have learned to follow as well. I'm more logical, cynical, and emotionally tranquil these days. I especially make sure to protect my personal dreams, thoughts, emotions, and weaknesses, and those of the people I care about and love. I also use my "visions" to sense whether people are good/bad, lying/truthful, and then make sure I can compile some sort of evidence to prove or disprove the vision to myself.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One thing I'm gonna say as an Ni-dom, if it feels psychic.. then it isn't your dominant function. It's almost about as natural as thinking thoughts.

puddle_master

One thing I'm gonna say as an Ni-dom, if it feels psychic.. then it isn't your dominant function. It's almost about as natural as thinking thoughts.

That's interesting... Could you please elaborate on that?

And I guess I may have used an incorrect term. These feelings and thoughts kind of come out of nowhere. Even if I tried to force it (which I did once for fun), I can't get these instinctual/gut feelings and thoughts on my own will. They kind of just "POP" and are there. I've viewed it as psychic over time, but I guess there must be a different definition from the way that I'm using it, sorry >.<

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's interesting... Could you please elaborate on that?

And I guess I may have used an incorrect term. These feelings and thoughts kind of come out of nowhere. Even if I tried to force it (which I did once for fun), I can't get these instinctual/gut feelings and thoughts on my own will. They kind of just "POP" and are there. I've viewed it as psychic over time, but I guess there must be a different definition from the way that I'm using it, sorry >.<

You have control of starting it. Just not what the content exactly entails. Kind of like grabbing a mystery bag from the store. You can grab it and open it, you just can't imagine what's inside though.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That's interesting, Forever - How might you describe yourself experiencing Ni dominance? It may seem strange, but I also find the dominant function to be the most elusive and hardest for me to pin down for myself, since it's practically "like breathing" now. All of my study of functions is in a hope to bettet understand what it's like to embody certain functions in certain points of a stacking, to better realize the "essence" of these functions which I feel many ignore. If I could get your insight on Ni, that'd be so cool! On paper, it's likely the hardest for many to understand.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

1-what makes you angry?

Injustice. Seeing the people I love hurt. Betrayal. Incompetent people (particularly in work or group settings => I'm more tolerant outside of that). People who don't know how to understand others when it's necessary. Disrespect. Irrational and overemotional people. Having my thoughts or emotions played with in a non-joking manner. I don't like showing emotion as it is, and having it played with makes me angry. A lack of ambition or drive. Liars and deceivers. Fakeness and insincerity. Lack of honesty. Bullies. Making stupid decisions. People not understanding what's important to me when I have understood them time after time. And the one that enrages me most: people that I care about using personal things (like my dreams and weaknesses) against me.

I'm a cynic, so there's not much I like about human nature. I guess I like how we can experience such a range of emotions, and how some of the most negative things like pain can help us to grow. I find it interesting to study the nature of people and how it works in relation to philosophy in the world (though I do it because it's practical for living purposes in the world). I've also personally never fell in love, but I've imagined a relationship (fantasy) and felt emotions in that. So I can kind of understand (not fully) how love can be both so great and painful all at once.

Well, from afar. I like seeing and learning about all the different animals, and appreciate them. Up close, it depends. I don't stand for animal abuse, but I don't want to go out there and hug every animal. Some of them are pretty dangerous or gross. I do like some exotic animals and dogs, rabbits, and fish though. Not a big cat fan. Generally, though, the animals I like most are the ones I've personally been with, played with, and taken care of.

That I can trust them and the trust me. We can be weird and zany around each other. I guess I appreciate the friends that are most like me: ambitious, logical/rational (more of not letting feelings get in the way of normal discussions), not way overemotional, understanding personal points, and loyal. I also like friends who understand and support me, selfless, and just "get me." (I'd be the same way back.) As for family, even if they aren't like my friends, they're my family. Love 'em or hate 'em, they're there and I'll be there. As long as they don't endanger me. That's a game changer. I especially like people that are a little mysterious (like me). I try to give everyone a chance, but these are the types I absolutely get along with.

Like: I am honest and straightforward. I can filter myself to cater to the emotions of others, but at times, I will completely disregard my filter. I'm a life therapist for most of my friends, and lend an ear and help solve their problems (though it frustrates me that people don't do the same for me when I really need it) and give them strategies to succeed. I am ambitious and won't stop until I get what I want. I know how to balance myself, such as the right mix of assertive/aggressive and compromising, forwardly friendly yet holding back parts of myself. I'm selfless and, at rare moments, give up what might be important to me for the people I love. I also like that I can be funny and adjust myself a little to ensure the person I'm talking to is comfortable with me. I'm also open to all types if people.

Dislike: I can be too blunt and sometimes don't filter enough. I can have a very stoic, aloof resting-bitch face unless I'm acting or truly feeling an emotion strongly or paying attention to my face. I am sometimes too nice, open, and selfless- to a fault (it's not often anymore, but I get taken advantage of, and that's usually when I make errors in my judgements of decisions/strategies or people). I actually dislike how I can be nice or emotional, as it blurs me from seeing things as I need to see them- objectively. Sometimes, the way I look. How my confidence shakes when all the odds are against me. How I can act like the same things I despise (being fake, lying, etc.) at time and be hypocritical at times. I hate how other people not liking me can affect me, particularly if it affects my career or standing in some way. I also dislike how I might hide parts of myself to "fit in," and make myself less genuine (in example: hiding my DS when people came by, but bringing it out to play when I'm all alone).

I used to not care. I really didn't care what people thought about me, though I did like to wear nice things and look somewhat presentable (mostly my parents forcing me). But suddenly, there came a point where the way I dressed affected possible career outcomes for me. At the same time, people began to look down at me and deny me opportunities. Since then, I have made sure to stay completely on top of fashion and always looking presentable (unless I'm at home... then I absolutely don't care).

Depends on the scenario. After all, I can't jeopardy my career by not choosing when to fit in or stand out during pivotal times. In general, I like to stand out and shine. I may put up a mask of being "normal" and "fitting in," but at the end of the day, I want to be unique, original, and myself. I don't like faking myself completely just so I will be accepted. I accept myself as a strange freak haha.

Music, singing, songwriting, acting, living in my fantasies and imagination in my head, being near the ocean, going on great adventures through many places (this totally energizes me), making people laugh, having fun, people watching, being with the people I love, videogames (especially multiplayer games, and solo games when I'm not in the mood for people), nature, and being free to do what I love with no restraints keeping me in line.

Being in a good financial situation, not having any enemies that want to endanger my secure situation (I do recognize its normal and healthy to have enemies), and achieving my dreams/ambitions (and still chasing them). And being near the ocean alone. It always calms me down and relaxes me and makes me feel safe.

I guess it would be nice (I've never been in one). But I'm not actively hunting for it. If it happens, it happens. If not, oh well. I don't want it to be forced. I need to be happy on my own more than anything. At the end of the day, the only one who will always be there for me is myself.

Videogames/Movies- really helped me cope during hard times and lets me experience situations and worlds I can't in real life.
Singing/Songwriting/Music- helps me release my emotions in a mode I feel comfortable in and also helped me cope during hard times.
Business- I love strategizing, particularly when it comes to finances or marketing. I get a rush of joy envisioning plans and possible outcomes.
James Dean- my idol. I just love his acting and his free-spirit renegade ways => I wish I could be like that all the time, but I need to be practical. Hence why I like to release that character of mine in performing arts.

The future, past relationships and actions (and analyzing them down so I can learn lessons for the future), things I have to do (and organizing it all so that I get things done efficiently), new ideas I have, my surroundings, people observations, philosophy, how I can get ahead, things people have said/done and what it may mean. And dreaming up fantasies and living in them in my head.

As a kid, I tended to be shy and keep to myself. I always imagined myself in many different worlds, and at times forget about what was right in front of me. Videogames especially took me away from the real world. I tended to be blunt as well, and my mother reminded me to have a filter. I was weird in that I could also be very extraverted, and I often led groups of kids in games and adventures. I lived for these adventures, and they really energized me.

After moving away from my friends and bullying began in school, however, any extraversion in me died and I learned to be on my own. People tried to especially hurt me emotionally (lots of betrayal and joining the bullies), and I combated back. I tried to be patient and kind, and it wore down. I started to have my feelings hurt, especially with ostracization. Eventually, I learned to tone down fighting back and became more cunning, cynical, and a renegade. I learned to take the pain and release my sadness and anger through other means. I started to get along with the bullies. I knew they still disliked me, and I harbored deep feelings of sadness and hatred, putting me down into a deep depression. I became insecure and lost my confidence. It's only been recently that my old self has come back.

Years and years now, I have become more observant of how people are. I know how to withdraw and see the world in a strange, objective manner, and analyze things like that. The caring, loving side of me is still there, but I now have learned when to reveal it and when not to. I still like to be leader, but I have learned to follow as well. I'm more logical, cynical, and emotionally tranquil these days. I especially make sure to protect my personal dreams, thoughts, emotions, and weaknesses, and those of the people I care about and love. I also use my "visions" to sense whether people are good/bad, lying/truthful, and then make sure I can compile some sort of evidence to prove or disprove the vision to myself.

Wow, you and I sound so much alike! Every answer in this questionnaire. I don't yet know for sure what your type is, but I can tell you that I think you and I must share some similar functions! I'm never 100% bound to a type for myself or anyone else, but my guess is that you and I are very similar in that we are both INxx types. You have a lot of the same ideals, passions, relationship styles, likes and dislikes (particularly when it comes to what seems to be like = creating, and dislikes are often involving peoples' impositions). I'm glad to have you around :blush:

- - - Updated - - -

1-what makes you angry?

Wow, you and I sound so much alike! Every answer in this questionnaire. I don't yet know for sure what your type is, but I can tell you that I think you and I must share some similar functions! I'm never 100% bound to a type for myself or anyone else, but my guess is that you and I are very similar in that we are both INxx types. You have a lot of the same ideals, passions, relationship styles, likes and dislikes (particularly when it comes to what seems to be like = creating, and dislikes are often involving peoples' impositions). I'm glad to have you around :blush:

puddle_master

You have control of starting it. Just not what the content exactly entails. Kind of like grabbing a mystery bag from the store. You can grab it and open it, you just can't imagine what's inside though.

Ah okay. I think I understand it now. Thank you for clarifying!

- - - Updated - - -

That's really interesting! The only other non-N type I've been guessed at before was ESTP, so we must share the N at the very least. Hey, who knows, I might be an INTP just like you haha. In any case, I'm glad I've met someone here who thinks a lot like I do! Glad to have met you as well :)

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can see why you thought INTJ was a possibility, but your objectivity and desire for a rational society is an example of Fe-Ti. You want what is best for everyone, even if it means eliminating emotion from the world. Going with INFJ.

puddle_master

I can see why you thought INTJ was a possibility, but your objectivity and desire for a rational society is an example of Fe-Ti. You want what is best for everyone, even if it means eliminating emotion from the world. Going with INFJ.

Ah, perhaps that's why RobinSkye and I had similarities in the way we think. I must be Fe/Ti or Ti/Fe at the very least with some very strong Te (and Ti if I'm an Fe dom) tendencies. Thank you for your input!

I'll keep waiting around, though, should there be objections or agreements and what not :)

Added: Probably one thing I should add is this weird thing about me. I can get stuck in my own head thinking and imagining, and then feel a little calm and down-energied after that. After going out with friends or doing a bunch of fun activities (basically what I consider adventures) I'm suddenly recharged and feel on top of the world. And then I go back into my head reflecting, and the cycle repeats. I really don't understand it lol.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Read a lot of what you wrote, I'm with Elia on this one... INFJ.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What does your username signify?

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, perhaps that's why RobinSkye and I had similarities in the way we think. I must be Fe/Ti or Ti/Fe at the very least with some very strong Te (and Ti if I'm an Fe dom) tendencies. Thank you for your input!

I'll keep waiting around, though, should there be objections or agreements and what not :)

Added: Probably one thing I should add is this weird thing about me. I can get stuck in my own head thinking and imagining, and then feel a little calm and down-energied after that. After going out with friends or doing a bunch of fun activities (basically what I consider adventures) I'm suddenly recharged and feel on top of the world. And then I go back into my head reflecting, and the cycle repeats. I really don't understand it lol.

If you're sure you're an introvert then that's a definite sign of an INFJ. Their Fe and Se make many of them enjoy being around people, but they still need time to live inside their heads.

Every INFJ I've met has been very social and able to make friends easily. INTJs and INTPs tend to avoid people. I know I feel drained after spending time with friends. For a while it's sort of like a high, but then I crash and have to leave early. As far as I know, INTJs are the same way. Still guessing INFJ.

I think I know what you mean about feeling calm when you're in your own head. Do you tend to use your imagination more actively and spend more time alone when you're feeling stressed/pressured?

puddle_master

Read a lot of what you wrote, I'm with Elia on this one... INFJ.

Thank you for your response! I'm more than likely an INFJ then.

The only thing I find weird, however, is that if I'm a feeler, I must be a very strange feeler. Like with a developed Ti or something. I tend to be blunt and almost savage with the things that I say unless I remember to filter. I especially have to remember that when I'm trying to make people laugh, which is like 50% of my typical day.

What does your username signify?

I'm going to be honest... I literally just made up that name out of nowhere, and picked it because it sounded funny to me. It's not really well thought out or anything. Not that I don't make things meaningful, but for puddle_master specifically, I only picked it because the randomness of the name amused me >.<

puddle_master

If you're sure you're an introvert then that's a definite sign of an INFJ. Their Fe and Se make many of them enjoy being around people, but they still need time to live inside their heads.

Every INFJ I've met has been very social and able to make friends easily. INTJs and INTPs tend to avoid people. I know I feel drained after spending time with friends. For a while it's sort of like a high, but then I crash and have to leave early. As far as I know, INTJs are the same way. Still guessing INFJ.

I think I know what you mean about feeling calm when you're in your own head. Do you tend to use your imagination more actively and spend more time alone when you're feeling stressed/pressured?

I'm not always sure I'm an introvert, though. Sometimes, I'm super extraverted, and need to keep feeding off of that. Sometimes, I'm super introverted and want everyone to leave me alone. So I've always considered myself more ambiverted than anything, and depending on the factors in a situation, I can be pushed towards being more introverted or extraverted.

Ah okay, didn't know that! Thank you for posting that! I figured INFJs were not ones to love socializing a lot despite loving people.

When I'm stressed/pressured, I usually look for an outlet to let everything out. Screaming/yelling alone, running, pacing, writing out things, shaking my entire body to relieve tension, playing with my hands, etc. But I need to be alone when I do all those things. Having people around me makes me even more anxious, annoyed, and can make me angry. When I've let out a lot of that tension (or when it feels like nothing is working or external release is not an option), then I look for a place where I absolutely can't be bothered and sit and enter my imagination (or as close to that as possible). I think of ways I can handle things and sort everything out so it's not a jumbled mess. Then I begin to just free float in my imagination and just imagine a whole lot of different things. Like, for example, if I couldn't get the stress out externally, I'll imagine situations (even thinking of fight/tension scenes from soap operas) that would allow me to take out my stress and sit in that for a while until I'm okay. Or I'll just sift in whatever emotions I'm feeling until I feel better (it usually feels itself away or goes away after a while if I can't rationalize it or imagine things that will help soothe it). And when I'm all better, I jump right back into my rational mode and march on with whatever it is I need to do.

So, in short, yes, I guess. I'm not too sure of myself.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you for your response! I'm more than likely an INFJ then.

The only thing I find weird, however, is that if I'm a feeler, I must be a very strange feeler. Like with a developed Ti or something. I tend to be blunt and almost savage with the things that I say unless I remember to filter. I especially have to remember that when I'm trying to make people laugh, which is like 50% of my typical day.

Me too. ;o Welcome to the club.
I'm going to be honest... I literally just made up that name out of nowhere, and picked it because it sounded funny to me. It's not really well thought out or anything. Not that I don't make things meaningful, but for puddle_master specifically, I only picked it because the randomness of the name amused me >.<

Aww. Well I'm sure [MENTION=6527]Bubbles[/MENTION] here will appreciate you here for that sort of name.

puddle_master

Is it also normal for an INFJ to not be highly sensitive to criticisms (I've heard that's a common thing)? I tend not to be offended and take criticism really well unless the criticism is insulting and holds some weight (and is also geared to a more personal matter, and especially if it comes from someone I care about).

I dunno. Part of me feels like I'm an ENTP who might have a good Fe for some reason.

bradly00

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Well between the INTJ and the INFJ, I would say that your type is INFJ. That is because even though you are very smart, you live by how others are affected by your decisions.