• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

???????????

noilly

MBTI Type
IXXX
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So I'm finally making a thread, after ruminating and debating for so long, because I still can't decide on my type.

For functions, Fe and Ti are pretty much confirmed imo, but the rest I don't have a clue.

I'm going to answer one of the questionnaires as a start, but I'd be happy to answer any clarifying questions!

As a disclaimer, I do have social & generalized anxiety. This might affect my results.

(This looks a lot longer than it is, I promise!)

Self-Preservation (Need to protect and preserve)

1. Do you tend to save money and are cautious about spending it?
Shopping is really difficult for me. I have a lot of impulses ("I want that, and that, and that...") but I reign them in with my indecisiveness unless I feel like shit and just go ham. With online shopping I'll spend several days choosing exactly what to put in my cart before I hit "pay", and yet I usually end up kind of regretting my purchases anyway. I hate spending a lot of money, but knowing that there's a package on the way to my house... I love it, haha. Gives me a reason to keep going!

2. Are you security oriented? Ready to protect yourself, those close to you and your resources?
I feel like a pretty vulnerable person, emotionally and physically. My street smarts are fine, but my paranoia gets to me. I'm really scared of financial instability.

3. Are you fairly consistent? Like things known and regular? No big changes?
I keep routines if going outside of them is anxiety-inducing - so, for instance, I don't enjoy traveling because I'm terrified of all of the minute things that could go wrong (miss the plane/bus, lose my ticket/wallet/passport, fumble in security and embarrass myself, delays...) Other than that, I like trying new foods, new games, new movies and activities; it feels good to step outside of my self-imposed comfort zone sometimes.

4. Do you dislike taking big risks unless it's a "sure" thing?
I like for things to be decided early so that unexpected changes don't come along. Risks are unavoidable if you want to live a fulfilling life, though, so I'll take them in the end. With some risks I might feel like "this is something that must be done".

5. Are you fairly private? Not revealing too much to strangers?
I don't typically initiate conversations, especially not with strangers. How fast I open up depends on who I'm speaking to; a reserved person like me will lead me to stay quiet, while an outgoing person will encourage me to talk more (which sometimes ends in word-vomit)... but strangers who are genuinely kind will make me feel all bashful and shy, so I'm kind of all over the place. I don't mind sharing personal details with strangers who seem to have good intentions.

6. Do you tend to be introverted?
Yeah. Social gatherings of any kind wear me out; the more people, the more tired I get, physically and mentally.

7. Do you understand money? Securities? Investments?
Haha, kind of? I did well on my economics midterm, but I bullshitted my way through that class so hard. In reality I need to study up more on stuff like stocks, savings, bonds, investments, etc.

8. Do you tend to plan for the future? Ready for emergencies?
I do plan a lot and account for emergencies whenever I leave the house. It can turn me into a bit of a hoarder, both in terms of material goods and information.

9. Are you concerned about health? Safety? Comfort? Home? Hearth?
Sometimes I turn into a hypochondriac - frantically researching symptoms, trying to put a damn label on the smallest thing that I feel...
As I said before, traveling is a scary time for me. I have a strong sense of "home".

10. Are you worried about what may go wrong? Tend to imagine worse case scenarios?
100%, absolutely. I can always imagine being embarrassed or hurt or even killed, wherever I am. If it comes up, I can't turn it off; the visuals run by themselves.

11. Do you like things spelled out? Details? Exact information? Guarantees?
Give me all of the details: what theater are we going to? What time is the showing? What time do you think you'll be there? Where do you want to meet up? How much money should I bring? Is anyone else coming with us? What time does the movie end? What's the parking situation there? I could go on :alttongue:

12. In relationships do you take care of others financially?
I'm finishing up high school, so no, I really can't.

Social (Need for Social Validation) - Can show up with strong focus on groups, organizations, family, world, friends, your surroundings, your social image

1. Do you need or really like social validation?
I wouldn't be myself if I didn't. I need validation from my peers and I really love validation from authority figures.

2. Is social image important to you?
I don't need to be famous or envied; I just want to be well-liked. In that sense, yes.

3. Do you have desires/fantasies of being rewarded in a social or public arena?
TOO OFTEN. I spend a lot of time daydreaming of alternate realities in which I am recognized for personal achievements. I get so unreasonably upset when people don't live up to my expectations or magically know how I'm feeling or thinking. It's awful. I get angry at people for things out of their control, for reasons they aren't even remotely aware of, when I'm the one placing unrealistic expectations on them in my head ("notice how I'm acting, what my facial expression is, can't you read my body language?"). I've been told that I'm not very emotive and come off as aloof, but I'd much rather be seen as shy than aloof.

4. Do you think about your affect on others, groups, organizations, and the world?
I think about my effect on people more than anything. To make a difference in someone's life, to be remembered by them in a positive light... that's all I could ever hope for. As for the world, I have my moments when I romanticize being a martyr, but I don't think I'm brave enough for that.

5. Is it very important to you to look good in public, groups, work, and the world? Is name recognition important, either yours or others?
I don't want to seem "weird", intimidating, or unintelligent; that's all! Name recognition doesn't matter that much but it can be nice.

6. Are you upset if you don't get enough validation, reward for the hard and creative work you do in a social context or for a social cause?
Yes, I like to be recognized for my hard work and creative ideas. I live off of praise.

7. Are you involved in groups, organizations and team oriented activities?
I'm in some online groups for my fandoms or interests like alternative fashion. I used to be in a tennis group, but quietly left because my social anxiety was killing me.

8. Is belonging to special groups or being a leader of a group important to you?
I like having a sense of belonging in groups, and I also like feeling "individual". I don't usually feel like I'm capable enough or responsible enough to be a leader, even though I might want to.

9. Are you strongly upset if you feel not included or rejected by a group or family or not invited to a social event?
Yeaaaah. Being excluded socially is like being told that I'm worthless and that nobody wants me around or cares about me.

10. Do you make your money through your association with groups affecting a large number of people?
My only job is my little art commission business and I don't think it really applies.

11. Do you get really upset if you make a social faux pas? Do you think about and plan out how you will be or present yourself in public?
Yes, all the time. In public I'm constantly planning my next move, and even then I still fuck up.

12. Are you the social instigator and connector in your family?
I'm known as the social sibling, but only because my brother is much more reserved than me.

Relationship (Need for 1 to 1 or Relationship Closeness)

1. Do you define yourself through a romantic or close partnership? Is closeness with another person of paramount importance?
I think my close relationships with people do define me, and yes, emotional closeness is incredibly important for me.

2. Do you like intense energy, particularly in relating to people? Are you energized when you have a revealing conversation or engagement with another, particularly a special other?
Yes. Making personal and honest connections with people is one of my favorite things.

3. Do you tend to focus more attention on close relationships than money?
Absolutely.

4. Does money relate to how a partner will see you more than security for yourself?
No. Money is only important for my financial security. If my financial status is a deciding factor for someone, they were never worth it anyway.

5. Are money and resources less for self and more to please an intimate other?
Not really. I like to give gifts, though.

6. Does your attention go more to how well you relate to a partner or potential partner than to other concerns?
Sometimes. It's much easier when you have similar world views and interests.

7. Would others describe you as dramatic? Do you like to go deep with things?
People who know me well might because I worry so much.
Yes.

8. Do you tend to be in the moment and not think as much about the future or your future security?
I'm constantly considering the future and how my current actions will affect the future, whether it's 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years or 2 decades from now. I don't always act based on this, though, because I'm a huge procrastinator.

9. Do you have an urge to merge? Do you "lose yourself" with an important other at times?
In a way, yes. To feel complete oneness with someone, to understand each other, there is some sense of "merging", but ultimately we are two different people.

10. Do you like risk taking? New experiences? Tend to get bored without enough stimulation particularly in the area of relationships?
It depends! For the longest time I was terrified of all kinds of rollercoasters and refused to go on them, but last year at an amusement park trip my friends convinced me to go on some ridiculous rides - and I had a fucking incredible time. Sometimes it just takes a push to know what I really need. The exhilaration is contagious, too.
In relationships I don't know what would be considered risk-taking.

11. Are you focused more on connection with another and forget your own priorities?
It depends on who I'm interacting with.

12. Do you focus a lot on sexuality, romantic fantasies or mystical spiritual experiences?
All of the above, really. That defines me pretty well actually lmao, especially the last two. I'm agnostic but a lot of spiritual and religious stuff just fascinates me, and I'm always running through romantic fantasies in my mind.

Thanks for reading!

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I HAVEN'T READ THIS YET BUT FUCK YES, WHISMUR IS ONE OF MANY BAE. UNTIL IT EVOLVES THAT IS....

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First thoughts were INFJ. Will come back after watching creepy yet soothing let's plays of The Path.

noilly

MBTI Type
IXXX
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
First thoughts were INFJ. Will come back after watching creepy yet soothing let's plays of The Path.

Interested in hearing if you change your mind or if it stays the same; I've been considering INFJ for some time now (but very, veeery cautiously because I know it's commonly mistyped) as well as ISFJ, which was suggested by a friend.

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tricky.. Well I'd say IxFJ. Possibly ISFJ with a well developed inferior Ne function? Personally I don't think you use Ni, but that could be masked by the generalized anxiety.

noilly

MBTI Type
IXXX
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hope it's okay for me to bump the thread; I really appreciate the responses that I've gotten so far, but I'm interested in hearing more opinions as well! :heart: