• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my first novel characters

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm working on my first novel. It's in the adult romance genre which seemed a lot easier to start with than my fantasy/dystopian ideas. I'm not exactly sure of some of the character's types, though, and I wanted to have a pretty good idea of what they all are. I'm looking for MBTI types, but if you have an idea of what enneagram types they might be as well, that's even better.

Sarah
Sarah is the protagonist. She's reclusive, artistic, and free-spirited almost to a fault. When her parents pressured her into going to a religious college, she dropped out after one semester and instead decided to pursue her dream of being an artist. She dislikes most people and avoids social situations whenever possible. She is also very self-critical, especially regarding her romantic preferences. She is very laid-back and doesn't care much about her appearance (and is notoriously bad at hair, makeup, etc.) but she has a traditionally feminine and passive/submissive side that she has never shown anyone. She blames this on her controlling SJ parents, and she moved out as soon as possible to get away from them. Sarah's headstrong personality clashes with this passive side of her, leading to a lot of self-hatred and depression. I'll also note that she's 20 years old. (I based some parts of Sarah's personality on myself, but we're also very different.)

Anthony
Anthony is a young freelance writer in the fantasy genre who is on the rise to unexpected success. He's very outgoing, philosophical, and extremely casual. He can't stand to use any sort of formal "business language," even in his workplace, and instead speaks to everyone like a close friend. Anthony is a former "shy, nerdy kid" who blossomed into a charismatic social butterfly with the help of his best friend, Alaina. He passionately hates traditions and rules, and mocks them at every opportunity. Anthony learned to be responsible at a young age through caring for his alcoholic parents while single-handedly raising his younger sister. As a result, he is naturally inclined to be protective of everyone he meets, and act as a caregiver as well as a sort of guardian. He's 23.

Alaina
Alaina is Anthony's lifelong best friend and recently-graduated marketing consultant. She has a side that is business-oriented and efficient, but is typically more fun and excitement-seeking when she is not working. She drinks and parties often, but is also careful to prioritize and get things done. Alaina, much like Anthony, has never understood the point of tradition that her ESFJ high school/college friends valued so highly, specifically when relating to romance. She hates the idea of marriage, and is a former dominatrix who has never been interested in serious relationships. Despite this, she's not authoritative or intimidating at all; she's actually very sweet and outgoing. She spends a lot of time on her appearance and has made a habit of working out every day. She's also 23.

Kristin
Kristin is Anthony's younger sister who was basically raised by him when they were young. She's an intellectual with an unusually high IQ, and she currently works as her brother's editor. Kristin is unapologetically sarcastic and has admitted several times that she "hates people." While spending time with Sarah for the first time, Kristin tells her this, followed by, "you don't count, though. You're not like other people." She loves nothing more than current political events, and decided several years ago that she wants to be a journalist. She is also a stereotypical geek/nerd who loves video games, anime, etc. Kristin and Anthony often seem like complete opposites, but they share a deep, philosophical outlook on life that tends to hold them together. She is 17 years old.

BeyondTheGrey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sarah xNFP 7w6
Anthony INFJ 6w5
Alaina ENFJ 3w4
Kristin INTP 5w6

Um, sorry If it wasn't what you're looking for, I kinda suck at typing. I think.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sarah xNFP 7w6
Anthony INFJ 6w5
Alaina ENFJ 3w4
Kristin INTP 5w6

Um, sorry If it wasn't what you're looking for, I kinda suck at typing. I think.

I'm almost positive I'm making Sarah an INFP. She's outspoken, but not quite enough to be an ENFP. I love the idea of making her a 7w6 :D

I originally intended for Anthony to be an ENFP, but the more I developed his character, the more he began to lean toward Ni/Fe. It would be cool to show the dominant, protective side of an INFJ. I've found that Ni users are often natural-born leaders. 6w5 is an interesting choice. I think it suits him.

What I did with Alaina was try to combine ENTJ and ESFP traits. I guess ENFJ makes the most sense, because she sure as hell isn't an ESTJ, ENFP, or ESFJ. I like the Ni/Se combination; it seems perfect. So does 3w4. I never associated her with type 4 but it actually gives her a lot of depth.

I've always known Kristin would turn out to be an INTx. I want to make her unkempt and awkward, though, so INTP makes more sense than INTJ. Kristin is another character I sort of based on my own personality traits :') and yes definitely 5w6.

Thanks for the reply :saturned: