• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFP or ISFJ (just can't figure her out)

WRiStBanDs21

MBTI Type
ENTP
This girl I know, I've never been able to figure her out. So in the last couple of months I found out that she was an ISFx, that is a given. But the first time she did the test she got ISFP, the second time she did the test she got ISFJ. Now I want to stress that she did these tests at two different times of the year. The first time she did the test was in February which for us is our beginning of the school year, so it was more relaxed. The second time she did the test was in November, which for us is our month of finals/exams, so I believe that may've influenced her to get ISFJ rather than ISFP the second time. But still sometimes things are inconsistent, things she's does contradict her ISFP side and maybe she actually is an ISFJ and got a more accurate result on her second test. I know that happened to me, because I originally tested as ESTP but then later found out that I'm actually ENTP. So below I have listed reasons as to why she would be one or the other.

ISFP
- She's got her own sense of style, she's really into Paramore, she's got that rock chick mantra and dyes her hair and wears all her Paramore T-Shirts.
- She's spontaneous and doesn't mind sudden changes in plans (at least that's what I've observed).
- When relaxed she's flirtatious, sometimes more than me which is a bit of a shock to an ENTP.
- When she's put under stress she hides back into her shell and puts a mask on.
- The only time I see ISFP traits is when she feels incredibly relaxed, no responsibilities.
- When relaxed she seems to be down for just about anything which shocked me as an extrovert who thought he was the most spontaneous and adventurous person he knew.
- In her house and car, it's a mess everywhere.
- She has a very expressionless face, which I believe would be a very Fi orientated behaviour. Seeming that Fi is dominant in ISFP.

ISFJ
- She is very organised. When things matter, like work and school, everything is always on time, in order, perfect.
- She spends a lot of time working in a mundane job, she spends at least five days a week there during her vacation/holidays.
- Most of the time she doesn't seem up for anything, and is indirect and emotionless about the point.
- Does practical acts of kindness, like getting food, driving people around, taking people to things.
- She has a strong sense of duty as seen through her discipline in school work, as seen by her total commitment to her part-time (which she pretty much a works full-time now) job.
- She's studying to become a lawyer and has no interest in arts other than Paramore. And the occasional time I play piano.

Now I must mention that I'm not looking for the tiny details that would cause her to be one type or the other, I'm looking for the Dealbreaker which is going to so obviously point at one type.
Also I have seen a thread about the difference between ISFP and ISFJ where a girl elaborated the difference between her ISFP Step-Dad and ISFJ Mom. I read it myself, then showed it to her she said that she could relate more to the Step-Dad but it was a hesitant answer.

Silent

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
I'm an ISFP and she sounds more j than p to me. I'm not committed and dedicated to my work or tiny legal details like a j would be. She sounds dualized and possibly is healthy as a result. Don't know if that helps.:shrug:

WRiStBanDs21

MBTI Type
ENTP
Dualized, that sounds interesting. Because I'm an ENTP but have been brought up in a very strongly influenced J household, I sometimes do display J behaviour as well, keeping things ordered and tidy etc. but at heart I still procrastinate like an ENTP.
So how could one find out if someone is dualized?