• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do I come off as?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=26046]Dyslexxie[/MENTION]

Don't rely on personality descriptions. There are plenty of those who I know typed and been typing who say I know I'm an ISTP but I don't relate to the description.

You think anyone could relate to the INFJ description fully? Oh god no.

What do you think I am enlisting humanitarian causes and having people line side by side and constantly protesting this is RIGHT this is WRONG.

I have a dream. Blah blah.

No I don't do that. Not even close. I don't preach equality to everyone, certainly I have a belief in it.

I don't read minds, I'm not psychic. (Not that you know of muehehehe)

And you say that you relate to them cognitive function wise. I do too with INFJ's.

The personality description is overgeneralizing you probably on an ESFP. But let's face it, the most you talked or I seen you talk about were primarily people related concerns. You could go about it rather bluntly. But still look at what your cognitive functions pattern yourself to.

Personality descriptions do no justice to jcf.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well INTJs are generally smart yes. Not ENTP smart but well, you can't have everything.

However even on this forum there are quite a few dumb/crazy ones. Who think that if they get an Ni-spiration it must be true.

So it's on a person-to-person basis.
I mean at the end of the day intelligence is the ability to interpret/understand data (at least one of the definitions, out of 1053).
So is a delusional INTJ with an iq of 140 smart or stupid?
Could we say that a wiser / more self examined INTJ with an IQ of 120 is in fact smarter?

Food for thoughts.

I'd rather have an IQ of 100 and be good at rational thinking than have an IQ of 150 and be prone to jumping to conclusions with no sound logic behind them. That might just be an indicator of the type of thinking I value in myself, however.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would say ENTPs are classically more predispositioned to be what is considered intelligent, but it doesn't help that some are freaking insane (which I think skews the equation).

Intelligence is almost subjective. Yeah there are conventional methods for assessing it (IQ test being a big one), but like you mentioned...there are many very intelligent people that act like idiots.

I think the importance of IQ is overstated. Someone can be good at abstract thinking but that type of intelligence will only work for them in certain fields.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
[MENTION=26046]Dyslexxie[/MENTION]

Don't rely on personality descriptions. There are plenty of those who I know typed and been typing who say I know I'm an ISTP but I don't relate to the description.

You think anyone could relate to the INFJ description fully? Oh god no.

What do you think I am enlisting humanitarian causes and having people line side by side and constantly protesting this is RIGHT this is WRONG.

I have a dream. Blah blah.

No I don't do that. Not even close. I don't preach equality to everyone, certainly I have a belief in it.

I don't read minds, I'm not psychic. (Not that you know of muehehehe)

And you say that you relate to them cognitive function wise. I do too with INFJ's.

The personality description is overgeneralizing you probably on an ESFP. But let's face it, the most you talked or I seen you talk about were primarily people related concerns. You could go about it rather bluntly. But still look at what your cognitive functions pattern yourself to.

Personality descriptions do no justice to jcf.
Haha that's fair. I love your breakdown of really exaggerated INFJ stereotypes. (If you are psychic I want to know, because I'm reeeeeally curious about what stocks to buy next!)

Hmmm yeah I mean maybe I do talk about people related matters but I think that's just the nature of the forum and life overall. I don't think that's a good metric necessarily. I'm pretty inattentive to and uninterested in most people overall but I have really good social skills which is probably why people see me as a people person even though I'm really not - that's why I would be a little hesitant to see myself as an Fi type.
My experience with ESFPs has been that they're not exactly the most hearts and flowers sorts because of lead Se.

That said, you're a lot more structured in your thinking and approach to things than I've seen in many ESFPs. They seem to have a pretty total absorption with sensual data. Maybe your work or education is why I pick up Te usage from you? Outside of that I could def see ESTP.
I would say I'm not necessarily planned out, but structured is the right word for it. There's a bit of chaos and I suck at planning trivial things, but I never compromise my own standing and will always chose the best alternative with the information I have at the time.
Judging by my coworkers, my personality doesn't really fit the stereotype and I would agree. The reason I'm in the field I'm in is because I wanted to do something that guaranteed me the best income for the least amount of education and time lol. People always tell me I would be good at sales because I'm persuasive, don't really care about what others think, and can be quite charming if I want to be so I don't know if that sways your opinion.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the importance of IQ is overstated. Someone can be good at abstract thinking but that type of intelligence will only work for them in certain fields.

I agree it's overstated, I have met several "genius" IQ people that are pretty much useless in application. It's like they can't grasp the concept that what their head tells them doesn't always apply to reality. Just because something "should be" doesn't mean "it is" or "it has to be".

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
My experience with ESFPs has been that they're not exactly the most hearts and flowers sorts because of lead Se.

That said, you're a lot more structured in your thinking and approach to things than I've seen in many ESFPs. They seem to have a pretty total absorption with sensual data. Maybe your work or education is why I pick up Te usage from you? Outside of that I could def see ESTP.

She's obviously not an ESFP.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I agree it's overstated, I have met several "genius" IQ people that are pretty much useless in application. It's like they can't grasp the concept that what their head tells them doesn't always apply to reality. Just because something "should be" doesn't mean "it is" or "it has to be".

I think it might come from the fact that when you're used to be able to out think people it's sometimes easy to become too self-referential in one's thinking; over relying on one's own insights, but there's always a level of bias and uncertainty, and if you don't check your data at every step you can end up light years away from 'reality'.

That's why I always seek outside data, I rarely ever say anything that is not factual and verifiable, though not being very big on spending 2 hours documenting it for people I imagine some might think it's just 'my subjective opinion'.

á´…eparted

passages
I don't have time to go into detail at the moment, but I don't see Fi/Te at all. I see dyslexxie firmly on the Ti/Fe axis.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it might come from the fact that when you're used to be able to out think people it's sometimes easy to become too self-referential in one's thinking; over relying on one's own insights, but there's always a level of bias and uncertainty, and if you don't check your data at every step you can end up light years away from 'reality'.

That's why I always seek outside data, I rarely ever say anything that is not factual and verifiable, though not being very big on spending 2 hours documenting it for people I imagine some might think it's just 'my subjective opinion'.

I am the same way. I have to check everything against reality to make sure I am aimed down the correct path.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't have time to go into detail at the moment, but I don't see Fi/Te at all. I see dyslexxie firmly on the Ti/Fe axis.

Me and you have very different ideas of what we term Fe/Ti axis as.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am the same way. I have to check everything against reality to make sure I am aimed down the correct path.

I just tend to be less engaged by ideas that don't somehow tie back to something I'm already interested in. I can see a lot of analogies across systems, so I'm definitely open to looking beyond the immediate field of a given problem for a solution to an issue I'm working. But there's always a defined set of core interests that I have and unless a piece of information ties back to that core, then I'm not going to pursue it in much depth.

That said, there's no accounting for fascination. I spent a solid month reading about the guidelines for koi fish valuations after some dude gave another dude a koi fish as a housewarming present in a movie I was watching. I occasionally just get mesmerized by somewhat obscure systems that just have a lot of technical minutia around them because I find that feeling when you can jump the learning curve and it just clicks and you really understand that system to be viscerally gratifying. Then it will click, I will get bored and I will learn a new one. :shrug:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha that's fair. I love your breakdown of really exaggerated INFJ stereotypes. (If you are psychic I want to know, because I'm reeeeeally curious about what stocks to buy next!)

Hmmm yeah I mean maybe I do talk about people related matters but I think that's just the nature of the forum and life overall. I don't think that's a good metric necessarily. I'm pretty inattentive to and uninterested in most people overall but I have really good social skills which is probably why people see me as a people person even though I'm really not - that's why I would be a little hesitant to see myself as an Fi type.

:coffee: I see. :coffee: *looks into your eye* :coffee: *suddenly looks in your future* :coffee:
I see you will ... :coffee: ... die after :coffee: living ... :coffee: quite a limited lifespan. :coffee: ... :coffee:

Fi s don't have to be primarily focused on people. I think you're putting too many Fe qualities into Fi. Fi can be quite content on its own and preach their own values without regard to the other? It's internal feeling, not external?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
:coffee: I see. :coffee: *looks into your eye* :coffee: *suddenly looks in your future* :coffee:
I see you will ... :coffee: ... die after :coffee: living ... :coffee: quite a limited lifespan. :coffee: ... :coffee:
:shock: Are planning to kill me? Limited lifespan sounds...threatening.
Fi s don't have to be primarily focused on people. I think you're putting too many Fe qualities into Fi. Fi can be quite content on its own and preach their own values without regard to the other? It's internal feeling, not external?
Hmmm idk, I can see why you'd interpret it this way but I definitely see ESTP more the more I read into it. I'm gonna get one of my close friends to read over some of my results and see what he thinks. I'm probably pretty different offline than what I come off as here.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Hmmm idk, I can see why you'd interpret it this way but I definitely see ESTP more the more I read into it. I'm gonna get one of my close friends to read over some of my results and see what he thinks. I'm probably pretty different offline than what I come off as here.

All lifespans are limited. Unless you're like immortal, if you made a deal with the devil or with God lemme know. :coffee: I swear this has milk in it. So good.
(Actually drinking coke with no milk)

EDIT: Of course I'm not going to kill you.

If you aren't afraid of doing a video, that's pretty reassuring to everyone around you.

I call the the awful/awesome axis :coffee:

it's catchy

Yep same as my uses with it. :p

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

Didn't you know that INFJs are immortal souls traveling from body to body. Unlike us meatsacks.
So we're but mayflies to them

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
All lifespans are limited. Unless you're like immortal, if you made a deal with the devil or with God lemme know. :coffee: I swear this has milk in it. So good.
(Actually drinking coke with no milk)

If you aren't afraid of doing a video, that's pretty reassuring to everyone around you.
Well that crossroads demon did promise me eternal life...kidding! ;)
Black coffee is the best coffee!

Ahh you know what, you've mentioned it before and I know I said I would, but I will one of these days. I don't know why I keep putting it off. I think I don't know how to just...talk? Without a direct audience?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well that crossroads demon did promise me eternal life...kidding! ;)
Black coffee is the best coffee!

Ahh you know what, you've mentioned it before and I know I said I would, but I will one of these days. I don't know why I keep putting it off. I think I don't know how to just...talk? Without a direct audience?

Lemme know. *does V under eye* ... kidding. :p

If you do have Fe in your stack, I'd honestly wouldn't see how you'd hate the emotion revealing, it may feel uncomfortable or difficult, but the 3rd function is like your play toy for just about every type. Every type tends to think they're good at it, but they're ok and not a master at it. And Fe no matter T or F tend to show more facial expressions, they're displaying it.

Didn't you know that INFJs are immortal souls traveling from body to body. Unlike us meatsacks.
So we're but mayflies to them

You need to like stop telling our secret.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You need to like stop telling our secret.

It's okey, you can just switch bodies and pretend like you're an ENTJ using your psychic powers to bend the wills of lesser men in your race for corporate dominion.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's okey, you can just switch bodies and pretend like you're an ENTJ using your psychic powers to bend the wills of lesser men in your race for corporate dominion.

There are no ENTJ mods.... yet. :smirk: