• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do I come off as?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=26046]Dyslexxie[/MENTION] you're an ESTP I was reading about inferior Se for myself today which brought me reading about dominant Se. Dominant Se types LOVE to be busy. It's actually the Ti that wants you to find shortcuts and if there isn't, you're actually compelled to not do it all. You tell it how it is. That's your magic sentence. Ne loves to keep going off tangent and away from reality. No homegirl. You are grounded in reality. You're fine with face value and none of that hidden persona shit.

You may actually think why do intuitive types be stuck in their head when they could be enjoying the finer things of outside life and the world. You travel. You were pretty straightforward in the video. I am not kidding when I said you don't relate to Ne/Si at all. Se is pretty creative too it's not just intuition. You're comfortable in the here and now.

ESTP. For real and serious.

Se is now and future thinking. You are sensual and love the exciting things that have to offer. Te is about efficiency and you're definitely someone who is not like I am bossy person who needs things your way, you're fine being a free bird and independence too and can be busy as long as you do your own thang.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh the standards you have for others. Se tops inferior Ni going on.

What is like your arguments for saying hey I totally have Ne/Si do you have some sentimentality going on? You love thrift shops? Are you like hey Dexter what else in your laboratory can you show me? Ne-Ti is like ridiculous in theory making/knowing. It's breadth is insane.

I dunno. I like you as an ESTP. Be the only active ESTP here. Idk that's cool just like I'm the only active male INFJ here.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.

What is like your arguments for saying hey I totally have Ne/Si do you have some sentimentality going on? You love thrift shops? Are you like hey Dexter what else in your laboratory can you show me? Ne-Ti is like ridiculous in theory making/knowing. It's breadth is insane.

I dunno. I like you as an ESTP. Be the only active ESTP here. Idk that's cool just like I'm the only active male INFJ here.
Haha I'm not sure, just after seeing everyone's take on it, as well as reading more into it, I'm quite confident I'm an ENTP. Watching myself speak there is a high degree of Ne there, very little Se. Even expressions, when compared to other ENTPs, I see it more.

You so are! :heart:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha I'm not sure, just after seeing everyone's take on it, as well as reading more into it, I'm quite confident I'm an ENTP. Watching myself speak there is a high degree of Ne there, very little Se. Even expressions, when compared to other ENTPs, I see it more.

You so are! :heart:

Aww. :heart: [heart melts super fast and allows you to be ENTP]

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
What do I come off as?
Awesome.

Alright, I decided to make a video. Hope this helps narrow it down. Sorry about the reeeeeally long video lol but there's a cat bonus (sorta).
More evidence of the above.

That's all that matters. Done. :D

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.

The Ne I thought was all the ideas and my ~creativity. I always said my greatest strength was my weird creativity, although whether that's useful or not is questionable. I have this thing I do where I get random (generally business) ideas that I get at the strangest hours, and end up texting my INTJ business partner (because he knows me well enough to either ignore it, laugh, or maybe consider 1 out of every 10000 ideas?) about it all excited. Thankfully most of it isn't conceptualized because most are pretty fucking stupid lol.
I started intermittently writing down my ideas just because some are really fully, but the P disorganization is real and a lot of ideas don't end up in there. That's why I'm leaning more towards Ne?
Ne is the priority, ideas are usually shared with the world first and then analyzed by Ti afterwards. As a result, some of their ideas can be very abstract and random and may not make sense if they haven’t been run through the Ti filter yet.

Although Ne is excellent at coming up with new ideas, Si is last, which means that they can struggle to implement their ideas in a systematic way. High Si types are often able to easily perform tasks that require learning a detailed system (like grammar, accounting, or legal rules) or ones that are simply repetitive, like brushing one’s teeth, with a high level of consistency. It’s not uncommon for them to have regular routines in their lives by choice. NeTi’s however, might resist performing these kinds of tasks in any sort of consistent manner. Si tasks generally bore and irritate them because they don’t provide them with good ideas or mental stimulation.
I do work in a pretty technical field that requires really specialized knowledge, but I think the only reason I'm decent at what I do is because the information was so far out of left field for me and so shiny and new that it was a huge challenge and I HAD to learn. I'm an information hoarder and love a good intellectual challenge. I don't know if that's function related or enneagram?

One thing I am for sure is indecisive lol. Can't even decide my type.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Ne I thought was all the ideas and my ~creativity. I always said my greatest strength was my weird creativity, although whether that's useful or not is questionable. I have this thing I do where I get random (generally business) ideas that I get at the strangest hours, and end up texting my INTJ business partner (because he knows me well enough to either ignore it, laugh, or maybe consider 1 out of every 10000 ideas?) about it all excited. Thankfully most of it isn't conceptualized because most are pretty fucking stupid lol.
I started intermittently writing down my ideas just because some are really fully, but the P disorganization is real and a lot of ideas don't end up in there. That's why I'm leaning more towards Ne?

I do work in a pretty technical field that requires really specialized knowledge, but I think the only reason I'm decent at what I do is because the information was so far out of left field for me and so shiny and new that it was a huge challenge and I HAD to learn. I'm an information hoarder and love a good intellectual challenge. I don't know if that's function related or enneagram?

One thing I am for sure is indecisive lol. Can't even decide my type.

Here are the big guns she as certified ESTP you're gonna get:

I honestly think you're giving way too much credit to intuition. Yeah we're special, but not that special.

ESTP people are creative as fuck. Yes I emphasized it. You don't need no shit ass N label to tell be a precursor to creativity/imagination.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alright, I decided to make a video. Hope this helps narrow it down. Sorry about the reeeeeally long video lol but there's a cat bonus (sorta).

Nahhhh, I could listen to you talk way longer than that. :D You're very dry but it's a good kinda dry like a beach, just pulls me in. Your facial expressions remind me of Beta quadra so I'm thinking xSTP. Even though you talk so much it seems like you're really inward, like an introvert, that's where the "x" comes from. But I'll say SLE-Ti ESTP 3w4 sx/sp.

Need to do my own video when I'm free.

Edit: I just wanna add that most of you don't know shit about Se and it leads to Ne mistypes. :rotfl:

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Here are the big guns she as certified ESTP you're gonna get:

I honestly think you're giving way too much credit to intuition. Yeah we're special, but not that special.

ESTP people are creative as fuck. Yes I emphasized it. You don't need no shit ass N label to tell be a precursor to creativity/imagination.
Ohhh yes, she's so ESTP. ESTPs are crazy confident and definitely the center of attention. I don't have that smoothness or boldness I don't think. On my best days I could definitely feel at that level, but ultimately I don't think I'm there for too long.
That's super cool though, I do really like her mannerisms and her 'in the now' way of being.
Nahhhh, I could listen to you talk way longer than that. :D You're very dry but it's a good kinda dry like a beach, just pulls me in. Your facial expressions remind me of Beta quadra so I'm thinking xSTP. Even though you talk so much it seems like you're really inward, like an introvert, that's where the "x" comes from. But I'll say SLE-Ti ESTP 3w4 sx/sp.

Need to do my own video when I'm free.
Lol dry like a beach! XD Can't say I've heard that before!

I can maaaaaybe come off introverted, sometimes, but I'm definitely an extrovert. I die without interaction, even though I do need my alone time as well, that's why ENTP made more sense to me but a loooot of people here see ESTP lol. I really have no clue and most days it depends on how I feel. Self-perception is so fickle though.
Never really looked into quadras before so I gotta check this out, but I'm for sure a 3w4 sx/sp, there's no doubt about that.

You should, that'd be cool! :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ohhh yes, she's so ESTP. ESTPs are crazy confident and definitely the center of attention. I don't have that smoothness or boldness I don't think. On my best days I could definitely feel at that level, but ultimately I don't think I'm there for too long.
That's super cool though, I do really like her mannerisms and her 'in the now' way of being.

How aware are you of your surroundings? What are your favorite big picture ideas?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
How aware are you of your surroundings? What are your favorite big picture ideas?
Hmmm I'm probably a little oblivious to things around me, more than I would like to be? I don't really notice something unless it's something I'm very interested in, but little things like if the furniture is moved or if someone changes their hair require really obvious differences for me to pay attention to them and acknowledge them.

I used to car pool with a coworker who drove a black truck, and that morning I got into a black truck that was running, only to realize this was definitely the wrong truck. I just laughed it off and quickly got out and the guy thought it was funny, but that's a pretty extreme (and somewhat classic me) example of my obliviousness. I don't think the trucks were even remotely similar (although I'm bad at remembering truck types because I don't care). This is how dumb bitches die in movies. I think that was my one freebie. Aaaand now you guys know how stupid I can be ahah.

Big picture ideas would depend on what subject and who I'm talking to for sure.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Think she's more center of attention than you because she's 7w6 so/sx. ;)

I can maaaaaybe come off introverted, sometimes, but I'm definitely an extrovert. I die without interaction, even though I do need my alone time as well, that's why ENTP made more sense to me but a loooot of people here see ESTP lol.

Yeah, I thought I was ENFP because people always say ENxPs are the most introverted extraverts but TBH that's just EP temperament. Highs and lows. Enneagram type and instinctual variants is what really makes them different. Se is all about activity and alone time has its own activities too. Even philosophizing is an activity: ESxPs don't indulge in it like ENxPs because we have tangible things in front of us that give us instant gratification and philosophy just distracts us.

Does that mean I don't like getting deep? Hell fucking no. Not to brag but if I'm in a class discussion or whatever I usually bring out the deepest shit there.

I really have no clue and most days it depends on how I feel. Self-perception is so fickle though.

lol yeah that's normal for Pe doms. When I'm not going through a Fi phase I can totally forget who I am. If the Ji isn't good a Pe dom can be bad at self perception because of objectivity.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Yeah, I thought I was ENFP because people always say ENxPs are the most introverted extraverts but TBH that's just EP temperament. Highs and lows. Enneagram type and instinctual variants is what really makes them different. Se is all about activity and alone time has its own activities too. Even philosophizing is an activity: ESxPs don't indulge in it like ENxPs because we have tangible things in front of us that give us instant gratification and philosophy just distracts us.

Does that mean I don't like getting deep? Hell fucking no. Not to brag but if I'm in a class discussion or whatever I usually bring out the deepest shit there.

lol yeah that's normal for Pe doms. When I'm not going through a Fi phase I can totally forget who I am.
You still strike me as ENFP sometimes, not gonna lie, but you know yourself best.

It's probably normal though to have the highs and lows. Not everyone wants to be the life of the party all the time. I'm good with it occurring to me once every 5 years, otherwise let me do my thing lol.

It's so environment dependent too. Haha I know my coworkers would totally see me as a nice softie who loves everyone and would probably type as an ENFP if they took it for me.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmm I'm probably a little oblivious to things around me, more than I would like to be? I don't really notice something unless it's something I'm very interested in, but little things like if the furniture is moved or if someone changes their hair require really obvious differences for me to pay attention to them and acknowledge them.

I used to car pool with a coworker who drove a black truck, and that morning I got into a black truck that was running, only to realize this was definitely the wrong truck. I just laughed it off and quickly got out and the guy thought it was funny, but that's a pretty extreme (and somewhat classic me) example of my obliviousness. I don't think the trucks were even remotely similar (although I'm bad at remembering truck types because I don't care). This is how dumb bitches die in movies. I think that was my one freebie. Aaaand now you guys know how stupid I can be ahah.

Big picture ideas would depend on what subject and who I'm talking to for sure.

I mean there's nothing I know you have ever spoken ever sounded nerdy of you. I mean NTP's are like the analyzers of weird and esoteric subjects and they can blab on that stuff for days. Everything you speak is so present oriented hip and happening. I think everyone can have a sensortard moment. Not everyone is absolutely attentive to their dominant functions either. I know I'm for sure not using Ni 100% of the time because of self abuse and other stuff but that's not the point.

You sounded very Se when you told me it depends as if ideas need to be within context. Correct me if I'm wrong but an intuitive dominant would've dropped one given the permission. :) big picture ideas don't need a depends because they're meant to apply everywhere xD

You're creative as the situation gives you. :hug: it makes me so happy you're an ESTP. I'm so jealous on how much fun everything around you can be.

Before the FP's get upset: here's a disclaimer that I cannot make who you are and you ultimately decide the type for you and I have is only an opinion.

That being side I am now confident you're an ESTP. I have nothing for your enneatype and as massokissed says it changes the flavor of you.

Oh and PS those were purposely polar ended questions. :)

Hope you won't murder me in my sleep,

Forever

PS: Famous ENTPs:
Benjamin Franklin "I was charmed by the Socratic method [of debate] and grew very artful and expert in drawing people ... into concessions [and] obtaining victories that [I did not] always deserve."
David Hume "I have written on all sorts of subjects and yet I have no enemies, except indeed all the Whigs, all the Tories and all the Christians."
Steve Wozniak Everything's changing, everything's dynamic. ... You get this idea, and you get another idea, and this doesn't work out and you have to replace it with something else."
Bertrand Russell "Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric."
Robert Downey Jr. "Conversations with Robert Downey Jr. are rarely linear. ... Sometimes it takes a moment to realize how one thing might relate to the next."
Elizabeth Olsen: "It's good to have a conversation about two different opinions. Always having multiple opinions is a good thing, because then you can have a conversation and learn something from the conversation."
Amy Poehler: "I don't have many answers, just questions."
Gillian Anderson <- O_O "[In school] I was ... busy talking, insulting teachers and generally playing the clown."
Rose McGowan - "I always thought I was more satanic than Manson." <- Actually I'm gonna say she's ESTP or ESFP.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I mean there's nothing I know you have ever spoken ever sounded nerdy of you. I mean NTP's are like the analyzers of weird and esoteric subjects and they can blab on that stuff for days. Everything you speak is so present oriented hip and happening. I think everyone can have a sensortard moment. Not everyone is absolutely attentive to their dominant functions either. I know I'm for sure not using Ni 100% of the time because of self abuse and other stuff but that's not the point.

You sounded very Se when you told me it depends as if ideas need to be within context. Correct me if I'm wrong but an intuitive dominant would've dropped one given the permission. :) big picture ideas don't need a depends because they're meant to apply everywhere xD

You're creative as the situation gives you. :hug: it makes me so happy you're an ESTP. I'm so jealous on how much fun everything around you can be.

Before the FP's get upset: here's a disclaimer that I cannot make who you are and you ultimately decide the type for you and I have is only an opinion.

That being side I am now confident you're an ESTP. I have nothing for your enneatype and as massokissed says it changes the flavor of you.

Oh and PS those were purposely polar ended questions. :)

Hope you won't murder me in my sleep,

Forever

PS: Famous ENTPs:
Benjamin Franklin "I was charmed by the Socratic method [of debate] and grew very artful and expert in drawing people ... into concessions [and] obtaining victories that [I did not] always deserve."
David Hume "I have written on all sorts of subjects and yet I have no enemies, except indeed all the Whigs, all the Tories and all the Christians."
Steve Wozniak Everything's changing, everything's dynamic. ... You get this idea, and you get another idea, and this doesn't work out and you have to replace it with something else."
Bertrand Russell "Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric."
Robert Downey Jr. "Conversations with Robert Downey Jr. are rarely linear. ... Sometimes it takes a moment to realize how one thing might relate to the next."
Elizabeth Olsen: "It's good to have a conversation about two different opinions. Always having multiple opinions is a good thing, because then you can have a conversation and learn something from the conversation."
Amy Poehler: "I don't have many answers, just questions."
Gillian Anderson <- O_O "[In school] I was ... busy talking, insulting teachers and generally playing the clown."
Rose McGowan - "I always thought I was more satanic than Manson." <- Actually I'm gonna say she's ESTP or ESFP.
:heart::heart::heart: Amy Poehler, although I'm a little surprised she's ENTP, but it makes sense. Her as Leslie Knope and her domineering but loving behaviour toward Ann Perkins was the cutest thing ever (and I totally used to be the Leslie to my best friend).
ENTPs seem quite relateable while ESTPs in popular culture seem so...intense. And extreme. Even ESTPs I've met. My one ESTP friend is a paratrooper and a firefighter who rockclimbs. Last month he was in Antarctica rockclimbing just because. He's as ESTP as they come.
And I'm just here, getting excited when I find a really good poutine. >.>

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:heart::heart::heart: Amy Poehler, although I'm a little surprised she's ENTP, but it makes sense. Her as Leslie Knope and her domineering but loving behaviour toward Ann Perkins was the cutest thing ever (and I totally used to be the Leslie to my best friend).
ENTPs seem quite relateable while ESTPs in popular culture seem so...intense. And extreme. Even ESTPs I've met. My one ESTP friend is a paratrooper and a firefighter who rockclimbs. Last month he was in Antarctica rockclimbing just because. He's as ESTP as they come.
And I'm just here, getting excited when I find a really good poutine. >.>

Well don't discount your type because you're not on the high ended scale of it lol. I mean I'm not Jesus. :jesus: or Ghandi or even flipping Cate Blanchett.

Just saying. You don't have to be a crazy sport person to be an ESTP. Lol.