• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP, INTJ, INFJ?

irrational

I first took an MBTI test when I was 18 and tested as an INTP.

Later during my years in college I continually kept testing as an INTJ.

Now I've tested a few times as an INFJ.

I have a feeling that I may really be an INTP, though secretly I want to be an INFJ.

A bit about myself:

I work in engineering, but most times I think about pursing a life as an artist.

I live for my ideals which tends to cripple me in alot of ways.

k.. I think that's enough... I'll answer any other questions if you guys are kind enough to help out.

Thanks!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
My hypothesis: Tests are unreliable
Data suggests: Tests are unreliable
Conclusion: Tests are unreliable

Didums

Look at each one's descriptions carefully, and the cognitive processes order, etc, the tests are usually only 75% accurate :p

redacted

read BWs INTP, INTJ and INFJ profiles. they're somewhere in the NT rationale and NF idyllic. a lot of reading, but you'll know...

sleepless

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have a feeling that I may really be an INTP, though secretly I want to be an INFJ.

Go for it, I say. If you feel like you want to be INFJ, then maybe that's where you *should* be. You aren't "really" INTP if you don't want to be it. That's what I think...

irrational

It's complicated, but I feel like I may truly be an INTP and I'm oblivious to it, though my actions are most similar INTJ. On top of that, I want to be an INFJ.

I really need and want to figure this out.

Sleepless:

I think there is a good portion of truth in your statement. During the times I've tested as an INTJ or an INFJ, I really feel like my life reflected the changes that I made or were working towards.

Or is this completely bunk? Is one born a type and forever remain that type?

redacted

you have just one type. learn the functions. are you Ne or Ni? Te or Ti? if you're Ne and Ti, you're INTP. Ni and Te -> INTJ. Ni and Ti -> INFJ.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I work in engineering, but most times I think about pursing a life as an artist.

I live for my ideals which tends to cripple me in alot of ways.

mutually exclusive. no?

sleepless

MBTI Type
INFJ
Sleepless:

I think there is a good portion of truth in your statement. During the times I've tested as an INTJ or an INFJ, I really feel like my life reflected the changes that I made or were working towards.

Yes, the thing is I have myself undergone this change, from INTP to INFJ, and also developed my Fi in the process (which I don't really use today, but still...), so I just speak from experience. This - http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...matrices/7081-mbti-enneagram-self-change.html - was my first post in this forum, maybe you can relate. =)

Or is this completely bunk? Is one born a type and forever remain that type?

This seems to be a very common understanding on all kinds of personality matrices, and I think it's depressing. As I see it, the most important condition for change is actually wanting it and realizing it's important. It can work in the MBTI system in particular, as basically, the functions only tell you about your approach to life, and this is of course something you can influence yourself.