• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an enfp or an infp?

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
cascadeco Thanks for your input! I've noticed that I do tend to get very passionate about my feelings but ONLY if I'm a) comfortable enough with the person to express myself in such a way and b) if I'm actually passionate enough to talk about whatever is the source of such feelings. And I'm very picky regardless with what feelings I choose to share with people.

Regardless, I do find myself to be overly...passionate? as a person. However, despite the fact that I don't share these passionate emotions with a lot of people (due to fear or anxiety or whatever), I do want to. I absolutely LOVE expressing myself outwardly - my ideas, my passions, my interests, my opinions, my feelings, everything. I WANT people to know me and understand me and my likes and dislikes. It feels nice to be understood and validated by others.

I feel like I'm just talking to myself at this point haha, but I don't care because it's kinda therapeutic. (And it's helping me reach a better conclusion on my type - slowly, but surely.)

Yep, and that's the very nature of extroverted feeling. You have the desire to express. Being an Fe user doesn't mean you'll call Obama and tell him every little thing on your mind. Fe users also are careful about who they emote to. So I don't express my feelings to my parents or to a lot of my friends at all because I can either worry about what they'll say or do or think, but I can express it writing).

Oh and PS: I live in a family with a good amout of Fi/little use of Fe ...so yes... they are more contained than I am (so less passionate) so I end up feeling like I am the only obviously sensitive one in the family.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
@themightyfetus :heart: I will admit, I was kind of shocked when I first read that I could possibly be sfj, but I also recognize that I tend to get really irrational and narrow-minded when faced with things I don't immediately agree with, so I want to be as open-minded as possible! And, clearly, sfj is not far off the mark for me, so I'm looking into it.

Thanks for your advice, by the way!

And I am sorry for quoting you too much. ...but actually this is a better example of Jung meant when he said that extroverted feelers cannot think what they cannot feel xDDDD

I can be this way too at times.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
cascadeco Thanks for your input! I've noticed that I do tend to get very passionate about my feelings but ONLY if I'm a) comfortable enough with the person to express myself in such a way and b) if I'm actually passionate enough to talk about whatever is the source of such feelings. And I'm very picky regardless with what feelings I choose to share with people.

Regardless, I do find myself to be overly...passionate? as a person. However, despite the fact that I don't share these passionate emotions with a lot of people (due to fear or anxiety or whatever), I do want to. I absolutely LOVE expressing myself outwardly - my ideas, my passions, my interests, my opinions, my feelings, everything. I WANT people to know me and understand me and my likes and dislikes. It feels nice to be understood and validated by others.

I feel like I'm just talking to myself at this point haha, but I don't care because it's kinda therapeutic. (And it's helping me reach a better conclusion on my type - slowly, but surely.)

I mean this in no negative way whatsoever, but you mentioned being 'validated by others' and that immediately reminded me of my infj friend and how she constantly expresses how important and necessary validation is for her. External verbal feedback, being 'validated' for her efforts and who she is and what she brings to the table. Being recognized for that. I think that is an important component of Fe.

My FJ friends are much more expressive in terms of going into details of what they are thinking and feeling. All I can say is that for me that does not translate smoothly at all, the feeling part at least. My expressions of feelings and thoughts are not easy to articulate at all. Also, on the topic of passion, I wouldn't be described that way at all, haha. I'm not saying this is the case for Fi in general though, as Fi users can be incredibly passionate about their ideals and things they hold most dear to them. (in that sense, I'm very passionate about environmental and nature concerns, but not 'passionate' in a personality emotion/expressiveness sense). Again, a lot of this could be individual to me and the fact I'm pretty introverted, so I'm not wanting to speak for all Fi users here.

Starry

I mean this in no negative way whatsoever, but you mentioned being 'validated by others' and that immediately reminded me of my infj friend and how she constantly expresses how important and necessary validation is for her. External verbal feedback, being 'validated' for her efforts and who she is and what she brings to the table. Being recognized for that. I think that is an important component of Fe.

My FJ friends are much more expressive in terms of going into details of what they are thinking and feeling. All I can say is that for me that does not translate smoothly at all, the feeling part at least. My expressions of feelings and thoughts are not easy to articulate at all. Also, on the topic of passion, I wouldn't be described that way at all, haha. I'm not saying this is the case for Fi in general though, as Fi users can be incredibly passionate about their ideals and things they hold most dear to them. (in that sense, I'm very passionate about environmental and nature concerns, but not 'passionate' in a personality emotion/expressiveness sense). Again, a lot of this could be individual to me and the fact I'm pretty introverted, so I'm not wanting to speak for all Fi users here.

I was actually trying to find a way to say something similar cascade...

I think people would be surprised how disconnected from others us FPs can actually feel. To be clear...this doesn't mean we don't care deeply for others/humanity and make strong connections with the people in our lives that figure prominently...but I don't have a strong need to be personally understood and often find it difficult to share the intimate details of who I am. I mean, ENFPs often report a sense of others thinking they know them but not really, truly being known.

[MENTION=27107]Hithere[/MENTION]. You are such a lovely, kind-spirited person...and I'm here...thinking...