• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Function Enthusiasm?

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi :) I'm not sure if this is common or not, but I find it very annoying as I've been trying to figure out my type and this "quirk" I seem to have makes it really difficult.
My functions seem to change. Drastically. I know they can't, and that types can't change, but that doesn't explain what is happening.
Basically, I'll overuse a function until it tires out, and then replace it with a new one, usually without realizing it. My results on tests change as well, sometimes not even being close to my previous result.
For example, about a month ago I was all about Ti. I used Ti more than I thought possible. I became impartial, unbiased on pretty much everything, fact-loving, and a bit of a showoff when it came to intelligence. I basically stopped caring about my appearance and focused solely on gaining knowledge.
Before that, it was Se. I wanted nothing more than to live life to the fullest and have fun without any sort of planning or ambition. I started drinking, staying up until 6am, etc. I became the epitome of Se.
Even further before that, it was Si. During that time, everything became about tradition and how things are "supposed" to be. I joined a neo-con group and started wearing a lot more makeup, dresses, etc. to become this traditional feminine woman that I, for some crazy reason, decided I was supposed to be.
Now, I think it's Te or possibly Si. I've been testing as ISTJ every time, a result I would never intentionally try to get. (No offense to ISTJs, it's just not a type that I usually consider when trying to type myself.) As you can see, this doesn't make much sense.
What annoys me about it, though, is that my thought process actually seems to change every time. I was disorganized and unmotivated a week ago, and now clutter suddenly bothers me and I have literally no desire to procrastinate. 6 months ago, in my Fi phase, I would have sworn on anything that I would be a social worker who ends up changing the world. Not long after that, I would have told you with absolute confidence that I would write a best-selling novel. Now, I suddenly just want to work for a small law firm and be semi-successful. After months of being obsessed with pop culture and dreading the mention of anything political, I now follow current events religiously and the sound of anything on the top 40 charts makes me want to punch a wall.
Is there a reason for this change? Am I stuck in some sort of tertiary loop? Is this all some sort of Fi splatter? Am I actually a snowflake? I know this thread is a bit self-centered, but I need to know wtf my brain is doing. Pls help :p

Also, one factor has been consistent: introvert. Not sure if that helps at all.

Unkas

MBTI Type
ISTJ
You are lying to tests, obviouisly.
You need to estimate just STRONG feats only.