• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTp vs. ENTj (ILI vs. LIE) differences

Naimad

Enneagram
8w9
It may seem pretty awkward that I can't relax if I don't know my type but I find it much easier to proceed if I understand myslef. I guess I'd be called weak Fi or something like that.

When I was finally certain about my type - LIE. My friend took a test so did I and then it started: why was it ILI - I know I shouldn't trust tests but I'd had the same result a few years before and I did it once again and the same.

And I tried to handle it by myself but it seems to be inefficient and I find it obvious that someone's help is necessary here. I need someone experienced, some patterns, some advice. Simple differences do not help me. I find myself both very active and very passive, introverted and extraverted, I think that I do a lot but then I think that still I save a lot of energy and so on. I know there is no machine which I could you to determine it right away. But I am looking for some help :)

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Cases like this, I say look to your "weaknesses". Specifically the ones you're most sensitive about.

Are you so unregulated and unconscientious in achieving your ends that you're unaware of how much destruction you're causing? To yourself, but more importantly, to others?
Are you so emotionally stopped up that you can't recognize the benefits to overt displays of emotion? Do you forget that not everyone is a machine like you? That some people actually care about things?
Maybe you call it self control...or maybe you're not confident in your ability to influence the world the way you wish you could so you mask this sensitivity with stoic, detached analyses.
Do you actually know what you want? Or are you running on autopilot from naively established goals during the height of your immaturity? You're probably not as logical as you think you are.

Should I keep going? :)

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Virtually everyone (including the World Socionics Society etc. etc.) pegs me as LIE, but I see myself as extremely close to ILI, too. So.. this topic is near and dear to my heart.
[MENTION=23915]Sinclair[/MENTION]'s got a good point in that identifying weaknesses helps. Especially true when you feel like your strengths are pretty balanced.

The long and skinny:

The Super-Id and Super-Ego blocks give an indication of where your weaknesses are. The difference between them is that the Super-Id stuff represent valuable mindsets/skills/etc.; while the Super-Ego stuff just "gets in your way" or nags you, but ultimately you find it all unimportant.

Of course, though, ILI and LIE have the same functions in those blocks. But what gets most "in your way"? Which is the biggesr pain in the ass -- dealing with emotional atmosphere or dealing with physiological comfort? Personally, my 'give-a-shittedness' of Si is unparalleled.

You could also look into Reinin dichotomies and intertype relationships, but those are less tangible.

I don't know what resources you've seen already, but here are a few:
- Intuitive Logical Introtim - Wikisocion and Logical Intuitive Extratim - Wikisocion
- ILI Te vs. LIE Ni
- [Socionics] vertical subtypes

(Though I more than welcome Socionics gurus to correct any of this, because I'm not exactly an expert.)

Naimad

Enneagram
8w9
Wow! It seems great. Ok - my weaknesses. I am not sure if I can describe them so analitycally as you guys so I will give you more everyday examples. I'll try to be brief.

- I can't do work for others so I've been always called lazy. I can't imagine working the same post for 3 years I would quickly run out of motivation. That's why I look at myself and think that I won't achieve anything.

- I've recently realized that I do live in an abstract world thinking that I will be rich and have very good job because I go against every rule. It would be much easier to become a doctor or a lawyer, passing a proper exam and studying at university. But I hate studies becuase they're boring and I prefer studying by my own, earn money, and become an expert one day in this way.

- If it comes to 'becoming an expert'. I know that I can't stay motivated for more than one month so for one month I spend every minute doing what I want to achieve and then I switch it to somthing else. The same with hobbies. I am also very bad at details when trying to gain some knowledge. Practice is the best way for me to learn.

- People - I see my friends once every three months. People make me destructed when they text me, talk to me or want something from me. The only one person who I can spend lots of time is my love. But them there is the next problem. When my boyfriend and I have some common goal and we do it together and he is SLI, he often forgets that 'WE' have something planned. Then I get mad that he wastes my time and I can't proceed. I can't do anything else. I can go to sleep for two hourse until it's better and then if everything's alright between us I can go on doing what I started. It's terrible and I can't deal with it.

- If it comes to emotions I am pretty good at eexpressing what I feel but small talk is not achievable for me.

- I am really good at keeping my place tidy unless i am in a relationship - then I forget about all that stuff including clothes.

- and yes, i don't influence people how I 'd like tow. I need too much time to reconsider every option and consequences. But if I have more time than in a store with an assistant then it becomes easier (it's like 8w9).

I feel that I havent described it as precisely as I'd like to :/ hope it's useful.