• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Great ISFx War of Quasi-2016

Pick a Side

• ISFJ

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • ISFP

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] ISFP. There's just nothing about you that seems ISFJ.
ISFx 9 core sp/sx
Correctly typed MBTI-wise but not entirely sure on tritype, but don't know you that well.
I could see ISFJ, or even possibly ISFP.
As accurately typed as anyone could be. You're so accurately typed that I could throw a dart at a board, and it would land exactly in the middle as a symbol of your type's accuracy.

And then there's Vince:
Stop with da tert intuition already xD

tumblr_mz0f0mNhF91t7ybbqo5_250.gif

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I realize you're asking for MBTI and not socionics but people like the conflate the two anyway and I'm feeling intellectually lazy enough to do the same right now.

but anywhos, you really don't strike me as Se creative. I'm sure part of that has to do with your 9 being directly opposed to the sort of force of will that Se is associated with. And quadra wise, there's no way in hell you're gamma. Not based on what you show on this forum.

I've voting ISFJ. Enneagram is harder though, we should IM about it sometime.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISFJ who isn't as sugar-coated or effusive as the ISFJ people are picturing in their heads.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I see the majority is in agreement with my typing.

For the record I'm sticking with ISFJ, but there's one thing that's bothering me a lot. Every single time I encounter any Fe dom or aux talk about themselves (especially with regards to Fe), I'm just like. Nope. Can't relate. Not at all. I feel like I should have at least some sort of connection to other ISFJs especially, but I just don't.

So what is it? Am I in a loop? Is my Fe shitty? Is it actually really good and I just don't see it? What is happening. Why can't I relate to the people I'm supposed to relate to the most.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I don't think that being any type necessarily means that you HAVE to relate to them. And maybe you do relate, just not on a level that we can see at the moment. idk. blah.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
idk. blah.
No! I appreciate you answering.

I don't think that being any type necessarily means that you HAVE to relate to them. And maybe you do relate, just not on a level that we can see at the moment.
I know I don't have to relate--after all, billions of people and only 16 MBTI boxes--I'm not quite sure why I feel like I need to find a way to relate. Maybe it's because I get irritated and discouraged when descriptions, discussions, other Fe users all talk about Fe types or ISFJs or whatnot as a whole while I sit there in frustration and think "No! That's not how I am!" But like there's no point in trying to "correct" them because maybe they're not the ones who are wrong and maybe I'm the odd one out. Otherwise it wouldn't frustrate me all the time. Does any of this make like any sense whatsoever? :unsure:

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I know I don't have to relate--after all, billions of people and only 16 MBTI boxes--I'm not quite sure why I feel like I need to find a way to relate. Maybe it's because I get irritated and discouraged when descriptions, discussions, other Fe users all talk about Fe types or ISFJs or whatnot as a whole while I sit there in frustration and think "No! That's not how I am!" But like there's no point in trying to "correct" them because maybe they're not the ones who are wrong and maybe I'm the odd one out. Otherwise it wouldn't frustrate me all the time. Does any of this make like any sense whatsoever? :unsure:

Of course you're making sense, dude!

It's why I've stopped using other people as a gauge for how I would type in MBTI. I save that for the enneagram lol.

also, what do you not relate to in other ISFJs?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
also, what do you not relate to in other ISFJs?

Mostly anything that has to do with Fe, also stereotypes (but who really relates to their type's stereotypes anyway?).

I don't really relate to Fe either as a concept or in action. I don't relate to ISFJs being known as "the nurturers." I don't like that ISFJs are often called "the most extroverted introverts." I am not naturally attuned to the feelings of other people and don't really care about what they feel so much as just keeping the atmosphere harmonious (for my sake more than anyone else's). I don't like the Fe stereotype of blindly accepting social norms and groupthink (I mean that's just a stereotype but still, Fe is attributed to having "shared beliefs" and I still have my values regardless of whether anyone shares them or not--if no one else shares them I might not express them but I still have them. The funkymbtifiction girl once told me that if I could go to a movie theatre with my friends and they hated the movie, that if I still liked the movie, I couldn't be an Fe type and like what???). I'm not very expressive and think sharing feelings and shit is super awkward and the only reason I'm able to do it here is because I don't have to see any of you face-to-face. I don't really care about group dynamics. I don't care about patterns of behavior. I'm way more focused on myself than anyone else. I am not "warm" and stuff like that, I can't think of anything more awkward and terrible than having to express feelings to others whether it be sadness or gratitude, and especially nurturing and caretaking.

And then of course there's the countless stereotypes (housewives, soccer moms, republican/conservative, tradition-following doormats, nurturing parents and spouses, inability to be "deep," etc) that are easily thrown out the window simply for being stereotypes.

And yet I'm an ISFJ. I tend to test as ISTJ and ISFP a lot, because I'm so anti-stereotypical-Fe. And I'm just like whatever I guess I'm an ISFJ I'm sure there are people who are more comfortable with themselves than me so they fit the type more "nicely" but then every time I turn a corner it seems I encounter discussions and things about ISFJs or Fe in general and I'm like ooh that's what I am, so I read it, and don't relate at all, and get frustrated. Other ISFJs talking about what ISFJs are like disenhearten me the most because even though we're all complex and different, we still share a type, so we should at least have something in common, but they still just sound so different from me, at least from the way they're describing it.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But your avatar says entj.

I did that to get a reaction out of people I believe you're the 8th or 9th one to question it

But I kept the real deal in tiny font in my signature lest anyone forget

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But who voted other and why

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
You know, if you really cannot relate to ANYTHING AT ALL about ISFJ. Then it's not your type. I mean, the description of ISFJs being nurturers and doormats and stuff like that is already incorrect (because it's based off of a 1950's ideal of what a woman is... Fe does not equal being nurturing and sweet), but once you get passed nonsense of the type and you STILL cannot see yourself in ISFJ and you see yourself someplace else ...then be that other thing.

And don't go digging around that personalitypage.com crap. There is a LONG thing about ISFJs on this forum; when I find it I'll post and you can tell me if you relate or not.

Don't put yourself in a box if it will just make you more confused.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think we need some 2015 Fe and ISFJ descriptions. Or wait, 2016. Because it's Quasi-2016 right now.

Honestly I can see myself as an ISFJ, it's just when I start actually looking at other ISFJs and descriptions that I start stumbling.

á´…eparted

passages
You're definitely ISFJ, for the core fact that I have never seen any sign of Fi in you before.

Don't worry about not feeing like other ISFJ's, it's a moot point. I mean, I am an ENFJ and I seldom relate to how they are described.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I think we need some 2015 Fe and ISFJ descriptions. Or wait, 2016. Because it's Quasi-2016 right now.

Honestly I can see myself as an ISFJ, it's just when I start actually looking at other ISFJs and descriptions that I start stumbling.

Oh ok. Well no worries!! Boxes are fun to play in.

And I agree; we need better descriptions of Fe so people don't feel like they have to run away from it when it's actually what they are highly likely to use.

This is really long, so take your time reading it. Let me know if it's better for you.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...gnitive-function-analysis-simulatedworld.html

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=18445]thoughtlost[/MENTION] I've seen longer! ;) I'm prepared for anything. If I have any comments on anything from that description I'll write them here.

Really like the description of Pi/Si dominance. And for once a description of Fe that doesn't suck and isn't filled with yucky stereotypes! Yay. Like, I didn't resonant with it super strongly, but there was nothing in it that I can complain about, so that means it's a success. It's probably the best description I've read in that I really can't complain about any of it.

Actually, this whole situation's kind of reminded me about a few months ago when I was being super angsty about ISFJ descriptions, I wrote this masterpiece (it's called the "Most Accurate ISFJ Profile Known to Mankind"):

...Yeah. I was even more frustrated with the majority of descriptions back then. ;)

Edit: On second thought my sarcastic ISFJ profile might be interpreted as offensive even though I find it humorous. If anyone thinks it's offensive tell me and I'll take it out.

Last edited:

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] , your description doesn't bother me at all- no worries.

It's only these descriptions that allow me to feel comfortable calling myself an Fe user. Otherwise, I still would be in limbo about my type. At least I have narrowed it to four feeling types instead of all 8!!

Soon... people will understand the Fe does not equal motherhood, sweetness, and smiles.

...soon....

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Alright who are the two of you who voted other this is unacceptable unless you explain :(

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alright who are the two of you who voted other this is unacceptable unless you explain :(

I almost wanted to torture you further by choosing other, but I just couldn't get myself to.. . :cry:

you is isfj