User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 24

  1. #11
    What Is Life? RobinSkye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EliaBlack View Post
    Sorry. Internet was out.

    1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
    Well I show a lot of typical INTP traits (such as being analytical, being very socially awkward, and having a high IQ) but I also have strong opinions, think common courtesy is important, and place high value on efficiency. I see all of the judging functions in myself, and I'm not sure which one I use most often.
    I think all introverted types (assuming they aren't braindead), as well as many extroverted types are highly analytical in their own individual ways. It depends on what it is you're analyzing I suppose. Do you mean in the Ti sense of you're trying to create subjective logical understandings of X for yourself? This kind of ties into what people suggest is "high IQ" because it creates a storage of information over time, combined with the Ne ability to see many perspectives/options.
    Efficiency is more of a extroverted judging ideal, whereas I would describe introverted judging as being concerned with effectiveness. Je is interested in reaching a desired result regardless of the means necessary. Ji is interested in enjoying the ride, so to speak. They'll "take the long way home" if they see more rewards on that path, and can still reach their desired destination (or they may not even need a destination to begin with, perhaps the purpose is simply to journey).
    2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
    Excitement. I've found that I'm almost attracted to semi-dangerous situations just because they might bring excitement.
    While I think that many humans have an attraction to this, and it may actually not be function-related, my inclination is to suggest that it is inferior Se. You're trying to tap into your more complete self by stepping out of your analytical, detached Ni dominance and be fully embraced and shocked in the moment. It makes you feel totally alive, and therefore you take risks such as reckless speeding. I have a INTJ friend who races against cops and makes a lot of poorly coordinated, but still generally "successful" Se-driven choices.
    I think here age may play a large factor. If you're still in your 20s-30s, I think it could be a number of things that come with your "second phase." If INxJ, it's exploration of the Te-Se together. If INxP, it could also be Ne-Fe or Ne-Te, but they would likely be more situational urges and not done for the sake of physical stimulation. I would still suggest that things you might perceive of as mental stimulation, such as Russian roulette, are likely done for the sake of the sensation. It shocks your nerves, fight-or-flight, a pull between control and helplessness. If you're already developed past the second phase, then perhaps you're actually an SP.
    3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
    When I got my SAT scores. I didn't do much studying but I still did well. It made me feel like I had more worth than I originally thought.
    Seems like the age question has been answered. You're probably somewhat recently graduated from high school. I also get satisfaction from not studying and then doing well. In fact, I find that studying normally has such a minor impact, that it rarely outweighs the desire to do other things instead. I can't speak for other types on this. But I find that I can easily spot patterns and such in tests, and absorb material once only to not have it be very effective to reread the same crap over and over. I would rather actually participate in it next or put it in a different context, to gain a more complete understanding of it.

    4) What makes you feel inferior?
    My appearance and how awkward I am compared to most people. It seems that most others, women especially, are naturally attuned to things like what to say in formal situations and how to do hair, makeup, etc. I can't figure any of it out and trying is almost painful.
    I'd suggest lack of or inferior Fe/Te. But this could be any INxx type, but makes INFJ slightly less likely. A majority of people are SFJ, and that's probably where many of those beauty standards, conversational standards, etc. come from. As an IN type, I'm surprised you haven't already found your own "individualistic" image yet, and dress how you feel expresses yourself without giving a shit about social norms in any instance. Can you "not figure any of it out," because it doesn't make logical sense to you, because you don't agree with its social value, or because it simply doesn't appear to have value outside of others believing that it does?

    5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
    I weigh the pros and cons for most things, but when the decision is emotional (like deciding between two potential relationship partners) I am afraid of making the wrong decision so I end up just letting things work themselves out.
    Perceiving. Weighing pros and cons is very general, but has more of a Ti implication. I can't really understand why you wouldn't know your preference between two partners though, are you that indifferent generally?

    6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
    I don't understand this question at all o.o
    I use that face too! They're basically asking if you're judging or perceiving.

    7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
    I was hanging out with my boyfriend, his cousin, and my friend. We were taking turns playing Rock Band and Left 4 Dead while whoever wasn't playing at the time watched and made sarcastic comments. After a while we all sat at a table and played blitz. My memory of it is sort of... selective, I guess. I remember what we did as well as vivid two-second moments, but I don't remember much of the conversation that was going on or anything like that.
    Ne-Si. (2-3)
    8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
    "More natural"? Were there choices that were left out?
    Perhaps it's asking where you begin the process. I agree that it's too vague.

    9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
    Usually not at all. I procrastinate a lot and I hate cleaning. I do tend to like lists, though. I guess I'd say I'm organized about information, but not about material things or deadlines.
    INxP.

    10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
    Usually a pretty even mix of both. I try to understand the person's reasoning first, but if I'm interested enough, I'll look into it more. If it's worth anything, I usually can't take an idea seriously if it's only presented with "principals." I don't like feeling manipulated or guilted into supporting something when I don't have all the facts.
    Leans toward T.
    11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
    I think it's more important to find compromises and avoid conflict, but I'm also not going to pretend to have values that are completely opposite of my actual values. I avoid situations like this rather than making it awkward or causing a confrontation. For example, I don't go to a lot of family events because my family is very religious and I have a lot of problems with religion. I'm not going to pretend to support something I strongly dislike, but I'm also not going to show up and start a debate. If someone states an opinion that I disagree with, though, I hold back, try to see their reasoning, and say something like "that makes sense" or "I see where you're coming from."
    This religious stance suggests Ti-Fe (1-4)
    12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
    I think before speaking, but I say something like "umm" to let the person know I heard them and am responding. Some people don't do this and it seems rather inconsiderate. I definitely prefer one-on-one conversations. I'm that person who gets interrupted or talked over in group conversations. Plus it's much easier to stay on topic when it's one-on-one.
    Introverted. Ji would be my inclination.

    13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
    This one is sort of difficult to answer without an example. I probably do both about evenly. And yes, I think actions speak louder than words.
    14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
    It depends on which friend and what we'd be doing. There are too many factors to give a straight answer. I'd say that I'd probably stay in 8 times out of 10 though.
    I.

    15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
    I... don't really know. You'd have to ask someone who has seen me under stress. I know that my mind often goes blank when I'm stressed, though.

    16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
    Many things. The biggest reason for me to dislike a person is that they are inconsiderate and tend to put their wants before others' needs. People who are loud while others are trying to sleep are the best example I can think of. It also bothers me when people are irrational, and when I can't reason with them. I hate when my well-thought-out points are dismissed without being considered.
    Ji.

    17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
    I really enjoy talking about personality and MBTI (lol). I also like talking about beliefs and philosophies.
    Ji. Ne.

    18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
    Current political events. I don't see the point of paying attention to that sort of thing. Most people are going to be biased in one way or another and, even if I do feel strongly about a certain issue, it's pointless to try to change someone else's opinion.
    Don't make it an attempt to change their opinion, simply a friendly joust. Exercise that Ne.

    19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
    For some reason, my friends think that I'm confident and that I don't let insults bother me. This could have to do with the fact that I purposely choose friends who have less self-confidence than I do because everyone else intimidates me. The truth is that I almost constantly fear being confronted or insulted (usually on my appearance), especially by strangers. Another thing some people think is that I'm oversensitive and easily upset. I'm not, though. I just have crippling anxiety. They think that when I need time to myself or when I don't feel like talking, that I'm hurt or mad at them, when in reality I'm just stressed and exhausted.
    Ji dom, because implicit inferior Je.

    20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
    Go on a forum like this one for a few hours, then invite my significant other over to play some games and maybe go on a drive or to a place that's not crowded.
    Definitely introverted. Perceiving.
    Quote Originally Posted by EliaBlack View Post
    Personal concepts
    1. What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is sensual (not to be confused with sexual) excitement. When you see, smell, hear, etc. something beautiful, your mind goes, "hey, I like this." I'm young; I don't know what love is. There are too many types and degrees of love to define it. The two types of love I've experienced are 1) the willingness to give everything for a person, not for any sort of gain but simply because I wanted to make them happy, and 2) the realization that my life is better with a certain person and the conscious decision to appreciate them for it.
    I think you better understand love than your average person - yes, even the "old, experienced" ones. I like that you also realize that there are too many type and degrees to define it. This definitely suggests Ti-Ne to me, but I could see Fi as well.

    2. What are your most important values?
    My most important value is considerateness. Although I tend to keep to myself, I can become very outspoken when I see someone being inconsiderate toward another person and not realizing the effects that their actions could have. An example of this is when the choir director at my school decided to give a 15-year-old student's ticket for a field trip away without refunding the money because she was talking in class. This bothered me because she didn't realize that the students' family would be losing a large amount of money. Although I had kept quiet about many things she did before this that bothered me, I spoke up about this. It also bothers me when people don't practice common courtesy, and when they have the attitude that their needs outweigh the needs of others (like when people say "why should I have to ___ because this person ___?")
    Fe use (INFJ) or inferior on a INxP.
    3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I have some new age beliefs, but I'm mostly agnostic. I believe in some things like reiki (supposed to be a type of healing, but I think it's just sending warm energy). I believe in this particular thing because I have literally felt a long-distance treatment work on me when I was not expecting it. It still seems a bit ridiculous to me, but no amount of logic and reasoning can outweigh what I've experienced. I don't impose my opinion on anyone; it's just my personal belief.
    I was raised Christian, but now Christianity is one of my least favorite religions. The arrogance that goes along with it (ie. Christians are pure and everyone else is evil, or everyone else needs saving or has not made as much progress in life) is an issue for me. I've also noticed a lot of instances in the bible that were supposedly moral and good but were incredibly heinous by pretty much any standards, like God commanding entire families (children included) to be killed because of the actions of one person. I don't see how people can look past this so easily.
    Because most are willing to assume higher power without deeper context and proofs. The way you handle religiosity is typical of INxx in general, but I'm still thinking more towards INxP.
    4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    War is a terrible way of settling disagreements, but will be necessary as long as aggressive people are in positions of power on a global scale (so probably forever). I don't have much else to say about this; it just seems like a fact of life. To me, power is the ability to influence (people, groups, laws, animals, objects, anything).
    Same.


    Interests
    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Most of my deep, long conversations are about psychology/sociology and how people function. I'm not sure why it interests me so much, but I find human nature, as well as the nature of other beings, fascinating. I think it could be because I find it satisfying to attribute reasons to problems or instances, and I love the idea that everything we say and do has a reason whether it's our experiences or the chemistry in our brains.
    I also find it really engaging, and most people get annoyed about the degree to which I sometimes will bring it up. Maybe you and I should talk about it!

    6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I don't really see how medicine can be a conversational topic unless you're in a situation where someone needs medicine, or something like that. It would seem weird to just randomly bring it up. When topics like that do come up, though, I do enjoy talking about them to some extent. It's interesting to know how various meds and healthy/unhealthy behaviors affect the body. As far as my own body, I try to be focused on it, but I'm so prone so extreme procrastination and laziness that I'm in nowhere near perfect shape. My family got a gym membership and we have planned to start going tomorrow, though, so I'll see where that takes me.
    7. What do you think of daily chores?
    I think they're fair as long as they're split up about evenly or fairly (based on work/school hours among other things) and that everyone is doing chores that they are good at and/or enjoy; however, I don't think children should be obligated to do chores unless they are rewarded. Yes, parents/guardians provide and care for their children, but adults make the choice of living in a home with others (and sharing responsibilities) and children do not.
    Ti.
    Fe & Ti and 9? 2? This was interesting:

    This could have to do with the fact that I purposely choose friends who have less self-confidence than I do because everyone else intimidates me. The truth is that I almost constantly fear being confronted or insulted (usually on my appearance), especially by strangers.
    Socionics questionaire supports Fe. You basically took the question about Si and made it about *inferior* Fe. Why are perceiving functions so hard to read out of these things?
    I'm going with INTP.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

    My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf
    Likes Babybop, BeyondTheGrey liked this post

  2. #12
    Senior Member Babybop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    MBTI
    beep
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobinSkye View Post
    I'm going with INTP.
    "Can you 'not figure any of it out,' because it doesn't make logical sense to you, because you don't agree with its social value, or because it simply doesn't appear to have value outside of others believing that it does?"

    I couldn't figure out how to quote this, lol. I can't figure it out because I see so many traits in other people that I admire and I can't commit to just one "personality" or "emphasis" the same way I can't commit to a career path. Whatever I do, I want to do it to the fullest. Sometimes I see people who are intelligent and factual and it makes me want to be like that. Sometimes I see people who are rebellious and edgy and I want to be like that. Sometimes I see people who are shy and elegant and I want to be like that. I don't know if I have a personality of my own that isn't sort of fabricated. I remember being very androgynous and bland as a child and envying those who had a "clique" or a "style." When I explain this, people see it as being a special snowflake and trying to be different and unique but I honestly just can't decide where I want to fit in. If you asked me to describe myself, either 1) I wouldn't know what to say or 2) my answer would be extremely inconsistent. I don't know if any of that makes sense.

    I appreciate your input, btw. You clearly put a lot of thought into it. We seem to be sort of like-minded.

  3. #13
    What Is Life? RobinSkye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EliaBlack View Post
    "Can you 'not figure any of it out,' because it doesn't make logical sense to you, because you don't agree with its social value, or because it simply doesn't appear to have value outside of others believing that it does?"

    I couldn't figure out how to quote this, lol. I can't figure it out because I see so many traits in other people that I admire and I can't commit to just one "personality" or "emphasis" the same way I can't commit to a career path. Whatever I do, I want to do it to the fullest. Sometimes I see people who are intelligent and factual and it makes me want to be like that. Sometimes I see people who are rebellious and edgy and I want to be like that. Sometimes I see people who are shy and elegant and I want to be like that. I don't know if I have a personality of my own that isn't sort of fabricated. I remember being very androgynous and bland as a child and envying those who had a "clique" or a "style." When I explain this, people see it as being a special snowflake and trying to be different and unique but I honestly just can't decide where I want to fit in. If you asked me to describe myself, either 1) I wouldn't know what to say or 2) my answer would be extremely inconsistent. I don't know if any of that makes sense.

    I appreciate your input, btw. You clearly put a lot of thought into it. We seem to be sort of like-minded.
    Definitely INxP then. What you've described above is NP, and it seems you're sure of introversion.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

    My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf
    Likes Babybop liked this post

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISFp Fi
    Posts
    753

    Default

    MY VERDICT answer lies at 6 North 14 West
    Likes Babybop liked this post

  5. #15
    Senior Member Babybop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    MBTI
    beep
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Thought I'd do one more of these for fun.

    0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
    It's 5am and I'm pretty tired. I've also had sort of a stressful day but I doubt that will affect anything. I am female and 19 years old.

    1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/my_own...n/23909039841/
    I don't know why, but it gets me really excited. I see the pic as an interpretation of life by the man on the left (probably an ENFP). He looks intense and deep in thought and probably has many distant aspirations that seem unrealistic from his current position. He isn't losing hope, though, and probably finds happiness in thinking about the future that he wants for himself. There is clearly a long and complex story behind this pic. Now that I look at it again, it reminds me of the show "Breaking Bad" which I was just reading about like an hour ago. Any input now will probably be pretty influenced by that so I'll stop now.

    2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
    My immediate thoughts would be things like "do I have everything I need (water, phone, whatever else I need)?" and "oh my god, we're in the middle of nowhere." The concert wouldn't even matter. My outward reaction would be to totally close up and not say anything.

    3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
    Following my anxiety about the car breaking down, I'd probably be in the mood to let go and have fun, so I'd feel good about the party (maybe reluctant at first but then decisive/content). I'd be paranoid about the driver going, but of course I wouldn't say anything to them about it. I'd probably refrain from drinking just to be safe. I probably wouldn't be drinking much to begin with, so it wouldn't bother me.

    4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
    My inward reaction is sort of like a really sudden panic. Like "oh no, this makes me super uncomfortable!" Outwardly I'd probably be diplomatic and try to reach common ground. This happens to me all the time. We usually end up agreeing; it's just that we misunderstand each other's position and views due to stereotypes. I would probably do so in a slightly passive way unless this friend was being an ass. If it was just a claim without any "snarkiness" or anything, I'd definitely be more passive while explaining my side. I find that people are more reasonable when I do this. People who are snarky/smug while talking about their views usually aren't so easily influenced and they tend to respect logic, so if that were the case, I wouldn't say anything unless I was ready for a proper, factual debate.

    5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
    This question confuses me. Previous beliefs, as in beliefs I no longer have? If it clashed with my experiences/habits, I don't see why I would care... Even if it clashed with my beliefs, I wouldn't do/say anything unless someone was being hurt. Then again, that is sort of the basis for my morals anyway... and now we get stuck in the indistinguishable Fe/Fi zone.

    .......(where is 6?)

    7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

    a) I'd say a few things distinguish me from most of the people I know, the most obvious of which being how impressionable I am. I don't mean impressionable as in easily manipulated; I mean my entire outlook on life will often change because of something I saw, read, heard, etc. even if that was not at all the intention. I think I get sudden bursts of enthusiasm when I see something I' not too familiar with or that I just generally like. For example, I started seriously and exclusively considering careers in science and technology after watching "Contact" and playing Portal. When something I liked got really hyped up, I suddenly had an interest in all of pop culture, even things that were unrelated. The other thing that distinguishes me (at least, I think it does) is that my first instinct is to analyze everyone I meet. I almost immediately try to type people when I meet them, and try to figure out what their general way of thinking is without being direct.
    b) If I could change one thing it would be how awkward I am. My people skills stand at a consistent 0%, no matter how hard I try. I always end up in someone's way, or saying something stupid. When I met my boyfriend's family everything was fine-ish until I accidentally bumped a chair into a wall kind of hard (that I was carrying over) and now I feel that they don't want me over. Things like that always happen to me. Not to get sulky, but the question asked what I would change. I'm just being honest.

    8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

    They are usually triggered after someone asks, "are you sure?" or, "do you think this will go well?" They're almost always negative. I usually acknowledge them, if they're backed up by logic, but much more goes into my decisions than gut feelings.

    9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

    a) Discussion energizes me. Discussion of a topic (NOT an issue) in which only information and maybe a few occasional opinions are included. I love learning things and then talking about those things for hours. I don't even know why. Daydreaming about things I want to do in the future also energizes me. It motivates me to work hard on projects, etc.
    b) Two things really drain me: debating and partying. I hate debating because, while I have good reasons for thinking and believing what I do, it's difficult to access those (usually distant) memories or facts and experiences when I'm put on the spot. I can usually do it, but it is exhausting. Partying (just being out with friends at night and acting stupid) is a little different because I actually enjoy it if I'm in the right mood. I enjoy it until I get a ridiculously painful headache or that thing where everything feels like a dream. After this I usually sleep. A lot.

    10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
    I repress things that could draw attention to myself and give people a reason to talk about me (like clearing my throat, breathing hard after running, etc.) I don't see how an internal thought process can be repressed.
    Last edited by Babybop; 12-31-2015 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Accidentally left out part of an answer

  6. #16
    Senior Member Babybop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    MBTI
    beep
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    945

    Default

    [QUOTE=DarkMagician;2578544]MY VERDICT I think infj [QUOTE]

    Quote fixes everything. You could be right. I'm pretty confident that I'm Fe/Ti or Ti/Fe. The thing is I don't understand Ni at all so I can't say if I use it. At least we can eliminate INTJ now though.

  7. #17
    What Is Life? RobinSkye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne
    Posts
    576

    Default

    [QUOTE=EliaBlack;2578727][QUOTE=DarkMagician;2578544]MY VERDICT I think infj

    Quote fixes everything. You could be right. I'm pretty confident that I'm Fe/Ti or Ti/Fe. The thing is I don't understand Ni at all so I can't say if I use it. At least we can eliminate INTJ now though.
    Everything you've said points to inferior Fe, and preference for Ti-Ne. If you're an INFJ, you're introverted to the point that you've developed Ti to accompany Ni before developing Fe. I don't really see Ni preference, though. Who knows - Ni is weird and not easy to point out.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

    My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf

  8. #18
    Senior Member Babybop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    MBTI
    beep
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    945

    Default

    I think it's fairly safe to say INTP at this point. Either that or INFJ with a tertiary loop but like you said I don't really see Ni use in myself. I can't even grasp what Ni is, but I am always planning big events and getting ideas for stories, etc. and that points to Ne use. I don't think I use Se either; my need for excitement is probably more connected to Ne. It comes from playing games, watching movies, etc. and thinking, "omg I wish my life was like that."
    Last edited by Babybop; 01-03-2016 at 05:40 AM.

  9. #19
    breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None
    Posts
    6,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EliaBlack View Post
    I think it's fairly safe to say INTP at this point. Either that or INFJ with a tertiary loop but like you said I don't really se Ni use in myself. I can't even grasp what Ni is, but I am always planning big events and getting ideas for stories, etc. and that points to Ne use. I don't think I use Se either; my need for excitement is probably more connected to Ne. It comes from playing games, watching movies, etc. and thinking, "omg I wish my life was like that."
    Ne is about multiple possibilities in the exterior world. Ni is about seeing a single whole vision. Ni users can plan parties and they do well at it, but it is trying to create their vision in reality versus exploring many possibilities.

    Se is about being present in the moment, experiencing it and being in tune with your world, seeing immediate use of things. Si is about always referencing things to a prior standard, finding comfort in the details and familiar.
    “Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “It is clear that thought is not free if the profession of certain opinions makes it impossible to earn a living. It is clear also that thought is not free if all the arguments on one side of a controversy are perpetually presented as attractively as possible, while the arguments on the other side can only be discovered by diligent search.”

    ― Bertrand Russell, Sceptical Essays

  10. #20
    Senior Member Babybop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    MBTI
    beep
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    945

    Default

    I've looked into it more and I'm now pretty confident that I'm an INFJ. I think I might have been stuck in a Ni-Ti loop before and that my Fe is finally starting to come out, but like, it's definitely there.
    Previous username: EliaBlack

Similar Threads

  1. Elyse Sewell, NT... but which NT?
    By Economica in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 09:05 PM
  2. which one u prefer: being mature, or youthful ?
    By niki in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 02:37 PM
  3. Look them in the eye - but which one?
    By Bamboo in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 07:30 AM
  4. Which one fits Zergling better?
    By Zergling in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 04:10 PM
  5. Which one of you is.....
    By targobelle in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO