• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can any of you offer insight as to what my type could be?

Katimeo

I honestly have no clue which type I am, the only thing I can say for sure is that I am an introvert, can any of you provide insights as to what my type could possibly be? I'm kind of new to this

1.) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn to be happy, travel the world, be surrounded by people I love, be successful in finding a job that I actually like doing and make sufficient money to make a living on

2) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way?
Probably when I was a kid and I wasn't so worried about what others thought of me, before I started worrying so much about how others perceived me I was a lot more carefree about expressing myself and I was a lot less shy and self conscious around others and I found it a lot easier to have fun

3) What makes you feel inferior?
It makes me feel inferior when it seems everyone around me is so much smarter, more knowledgeable and more competent than me at everything.

4) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I tend to think about how the decision I make will impact my life (possible consequences and benefits) and about how the decision I make will play out in the near future

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
My emphasis is generally just on getting done in a quick way, but not so quick as to seriously jeopardize the final result of the project. I'll take any shortcuts I can find as long as I believe it won't make the end result suffer. I'm not really the type of person to want to control the process/outcome of a group project

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Can't really say I've ever had so much fun that any particular memory stands out, but my favorite ways to have fun are looking into things that spark my interest, playing online games, being stupid with my friends and family, watching/reading books or movies that are really interesting, etc.. I don't really get bored easily and it's easy for me to find a way to entertain myself or have fun even without other people around

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Easiest and most natural way for me to teach myself something new and have it stick in my brain are to review it over and over and think about it until I feel I've memorized what I'm trying to teach myself to do. I tend to learn best by writing things down and rereading them or if it's a hands-on kind of thing to do it over and over until I can do it easily without any imperfections

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I have no organization skills whatsoever. My room, purse, etc.. are often a mess and I'm constantly misplacing my belongings. I also procrastinate a lot, but if something's really important to me I get it done.
(And to be completely honest, I have no desire to change any of this about myself)

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
The first judgment I tend to make of new ideas is whether or not the idea makes sense and is doable to bring into action

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I find harmony by not focusing so much on the world around me and maintaining my own internal sense of peace and happiness by thinking optimistically and trying not to dwell on the negative aspects of my life or any chaos going on around me

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think a lot before I speak especially if it's an important conversation that I'm nervous to have to initiate, I'm always afraid of saying the wrong thing and coming across negatively to others.

I definitely prefer one-on-one conversations, provided that the person I'm talking to makes me comfortable by not emitting an air of negative feeling towards me with their body language and tone of voice

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I usually prefer to know what I'm getting into because often times when I've just jumped into things it's had consequences or a negative impact on my life.

Actions definitely speak louder than words, for example: it's pretty easy to open your mouth and lie about something, but it's harder to hide the fact you're lying with your body language or facial expressions unless you've mastered the skill

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'd probably go out with my friends because I don't get many opportunities to do that anymore and I can watch the television show anytime

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get angry really easily and when people try to speak to me I tend to just ignore them, or if they're exacerbating the stressful situation I will snap or yell at them. (This doesn't happen often, so it scares the people around me when I act like this because I'm generally a calm and collected person)

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I really hate when someone is arrogant and condescending towards everybody else, when someone has a naturally grouchy disposition and can't seem to help but try to make other people around them as grouchy and miserable as they are, and one of my least favorite character traits people possess is when someone is so perfectionistic that nothing is good enough for them and they hold everyone around them to almost impossible standards

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Some things I tend not to pay attention to are: organization, social media and pop culture, the world around me really (Except for my close friends and family)
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends perceive me as a confidante, they're always coming to me with their problems and asking me for their advice, they also seem to perceive me as very loyal and trustworthy and as a pushover because they know I find it hard to say no to people

Nothing really is wrong about the perception, I don't really show a large majority of my personality and thoughts with them though either

A few things they'd never say about me: That I have a cold personality and don't care about how I make others feel, they likely wouldn't say I'm gullible or easily fooled either or that I'm clingy

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

If I could do whatever I wanted with no limits whatsoever I'd go traveling with the use of teleportation devices so I can experience all I can of the world in the time frame that I have, meet all my favorite celebrities, try food and activities I've always wanted to try, etc..

I tried to answer all the questions as accurately and honestly as possible, can you offer me any insight as to what my type could be?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=26879]Katimeo[/MENTION] Can you answer these questions?

*What characteristic best describes you?
a. I am adaptable
b. I am consistent
c. I am humane
d. I am analytical

*Which statement best describes you?
a. I’m tolerant and on the lookout for useful compromises
b. I am hard working and dependable
c. I am enthusiastic and creative
d. I am competent and inventive

*It is most important for me to be:
a. Adaptable
b. Respectable
c. Authentic
d. Resolute

*It is most important for me to
a. Be lively and unrestrained
b. Do things that will produce good
c. Help others and be charitable
d. Be autonomous

*I yearn for
a. Impact
b. Belonging
c. Romance
d. Achievement

*I most value being
a. Excited
b. Concerned
c. Enthusiastic
d. Calm

The best word to describe me would be that I am:
a. Practical
b. Dutiful
c. Altruistic
d. Pragmatic

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFP. I see dom Fi, inferior Te. Se fits better than Ne, but more information would bring that out

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could see ISTP or ISFP as your type.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
One thing that really stands out to me is 9w8. You mention that you're calm, collected, and work to maintain inner peace by not dwelling on the negative. You're conflict avoidant and you find it hard to say no. That's basically a 9 hallmark. I would say 9w8 over 9w1, because you mentioned that you really dislike perfectionists and people with very high standards. 9w1s actually tend towards perfectionism and impossible standards. You say that you get angry very easily and you snap at people who exacerbate the stressful situation. That tends to be a 9w8 thing. 9w8s are more likely to "fight" to maintain their inner peace. Two polar opposites. Seems to be the case with you.

As for MBTI, I am going with ISFP. You want ideas to be doable and brought into action, indicating some Se. You're especially perceptive to body language and tone of voice, which also seems Se to me. Actions are louder than words, mastering the skill--sounds Se. Your inferior Te stands out a lot. Lack of organization, not wanting to control process/outcome, and procrastination. This is coupled with Fi. If you really care about something, you'll work hard on it. You're disorganized, and you don't want to change that about yourself. You are who you are. When you talk about your past, you talk about being free to express yourself. Seems Fi.

Some others have said ISTP, but I don't really see Ti. Also, how you say your friends wouldn't see you is more ISFP than ISTP. The first thing you said is that you're not cold and that you care about how you make others feel. Seems a lot more feelery than thinkery. :)

As for your other Enneagram fixes, I really don't know. You mention "close friends and family" and surrounded by loved ones. That's basically something I'm saying all the time, and I'm a 2. I might say 3 wing over 1 wing...the whole thing about being conscious of how others see you and feeling inferior because other people are supposedly smarter and more competent seems kind of 3. But the smarter and more competent also seems 5, come to think of it. 5w6?

So, maybe ISFP 9w8-2w3-5w6. But I'm only really confident on ISFP 9w8.

Hope this helped!

Katimeo

[MENTION=26879]Katimeo[/MENTION] Can you answer these questions?

*What characteristic best describes you?
a. I am adaptable
b. I am consistent
c. I am humane
d. I am analytical

*Which statement best describes you?
a. I’m tolerant and on the lookout for useful compromises
b. I am hard working and dependable
c. I am enthusiastic and creative
d. I am competent and inventive

*It is most important for me to be:
a. Adaptable
b. Respectable
c. Authentic
d. Resolute

*It is most important for me to
a. Be lively and unrestrained
b. Do things that will produce good
c. Help others and be charitable
d. Be autonomous

*I yearn for
a. Impact
b. Belonging
c. Romance
d. Achievement

*I most value being
a. Excited
b. Concerned
c. Enthusiastic
d. Calm

The best word to describe me would be that I am:
a. Practical
b. Dutiful
c. Altruistic
d. Pragmatic

I would say adaptable, tolerant and on the lookout for useful compromises.

It is more important for me to be: adaptable, autonomous

I yearn for belonging, I most value being excited, and the best word to describe me would be dutiful

fetus

Enneagram
6w7

I yearn for belonging, I most value being excited, and the best word to describe me would be dutiful

Hm, belonging is a 2 or 6 thing, and dutiful is a 1 thing. Being excited is 7. So maybe 9w8-7w6-2w1 or 9w8-6w7-2w1? Brainstorming.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Ok now, how would you answer these questions?

Please select the statement you think most strongly matches your preferences and the one that least matches your preferences.

Which activity would you most like to do and least like to do?
a. Develop a plan of action before starting a work activity
b. Focus on getting things done rapidly so that you can get on to the next thing
c. Do whatever needs to be done to achieve the best result
d. Focus on getting everyone involved in participating

a. Analyze the situation and provide guidance so that the best decision is made
b. Supervise others to get things done
c. Support others in their work
d. Discover new ways of understanding and seeing things

What activity would you most like to do and least like to do?
a. Anticipate how people are going to react and plan accordingly
b. Articulate the vision and mobilize the resources to achieve it
c. Understand the process so that the best results can be achieved
d. Act as a facilitator of the process, providing enthusiasm and energy to support people moving in the same direction

a. Develop or define the way of accomplishing the vision
b. Lead the group towards established objectives or goals
c. Work with others to make collaborative decisions, involving several sources of input
d. Move a group to action and focus on interactions between group members to optimize their collaborative efforts

Katimeo

Ok now, how would you answer these questions?

Please select the statement you think most strongly matches your preferences and the one that least matches your preferences.

a. Develop a plan of action before starting a work activity
b. Focus on getting things done rapidly so that you can get on to the next thing
c. Do whatever needs to be done to achieve the best result
d. Focus on getting everyone involved in participating

a. Analyze the situation and provide guidance so that the best decision is made
b. Supervise others to get things done
c. Support others in their work
d. Discover new ways of understanding and seeing things

a. Anticipate how people are going to react and plan accordingly
b. Articulate the vision and mobilize the resources to achieve it
c. Understand the process so that the best results can be achieved
d. Act as a facilitator of the process, providing enthusiasm and energy to support people moving in the same direction

a. Develop or define the way of accomplishing the vision
b. Lead the group towards established objectives or goals
c. Work with others to make collaborative decisions, involving several sources of input
d. Move a group to action and focus on interactions between group members to optimize their collaborative efforts

Most likely to do: Focus on getting things done rapidly so that you can get on to the next thing
Least likely: Focus on getting everyone involved in participating

Most likely: Discover new ways of understanding and seeing things
Least likely: Supervise others to get things done

Most likely: Anticipate how people are going to react and plan accordingly
Least likely: Act as a facilitator of the process, providing enthusiasm and energy to support people moving in the same direction

Most likely: Work with others to make collaborative decisions, involving several sources of input
Least likely: Lead the group towards established objectives or goals [Really not the leader type of person!]

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=26879]Katimeo[/MENTION]

I could see ENTP or ENFP for you.