• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an INFP?

Eluid

MBTI Type
INXX
Hello everyone. I am not sure about my type so I decided to fill a questionnaire. Feel free to ask questions :)

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I’m very calm right now, currently listening to music ( don’t know if this will affect my answers). Male, 16.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marianna_armata/23249907544/in/explore-2015-12-21/
I don’t know why, but right when I saw it, it reminded me of the movie ‘Inception’, a scene when there was some kind of a paradox. It really looks like a paradox actually. A never ending loop (Every time I hear or say the word paradox, the documentaries about time come in my mind :p. I’ve seen lots of them). I didn’t notice they were staircases (only when I read the description), they don’t look like that. I wonder where they lead to. They are also made of some shiny metal (I wonder where the light comes from to make them shine). It looks like there is some hidden pattern in this photo.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
To be honest, I wouldn’t care too much. I don’t like concerts, too much external stimuli make me stressed. I’ve had a lot of panic attacks because of this, but I learned how to manage them. But I would also be a little angry. I would say to myself :”I made so many preparations for this concert. My effort and money can’t end up like this”. Still, I would remain calm. I would suggest ways to deal with the problem. If I see I am of no use, I would just shut up XD .

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
First, I would see if there is anyone else who can drive. If yes, I would let the driver do whatever he wants. If not, I would keep my eyes on him, and wouldn’t let him drink, at least not too much. (We can’t risk to have a car accident :p)

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
It would depend on how much I knew him. If not too much, I would say nothing. If I knew him well, I would start a debate. I would give arguments on why he is wrong. Most of my arguments start with “Suppose that…”. Even if I am wrong, it is very hard for me to back up, but I am rarely wrong. If I am righ, but he still insists that he is right, I would just say “Think whatever you want. You just don’t get it”. I know that it is really hard to convince people.
5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Nothing, actually. I am very introverted and don’t like to interfere with other people’s business, especially if they are strangers. They can do whatever they want, as long as they don’t affect me, but sometimes I feel angry when they affect other people (for bad, normally).
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
My values change from day to day. I spend a lot of time thinking ,refining my values. I determine what is worth believing and what not. Some of them come from my experience (but most of these don’t last for long), some of them come only from thinking (most of them), and some from putting myself to other people’s place (the most universal ones). Some of my values:

Happiness-The reason why everyone lives. Whatever someone says he lives for, it’s because it gives them happiness. Other values are just tools to achieve it.

Truth-The most important thing in the world (after happiness). Knowing the truth means everything in this world full of ignorance. Truth helps you live your life without having to regret for anything. Knowing the universal truths has more benefits (about God for example, who wouldn’t want to know this), but even knowing truths about other people is important. It helps you make the right decisions in life and fair ones.

Information-It’s basically the same thing. Knowing the right moment and time makes life much more easier.

Family-The only persons who truly love you. Would do anything for them, even though it’s difficult for me to express my feelings to them.

Depth-By thinking deep, you understand that there is more to this world than you see. But thinking too much may have both a positive and negative. As some people say: “Ignorance is bliss”.

Individuality-I hate people who judge others. Why don’t they just leave other people live their life as they want? I never judge people (well, almost never).

Equality-I think this has to do with individuality. I think everyone should be treated equally, but I’m not sure if people are REALLY equal.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I would say my intelligence and my depth. I’m good at almost every subject at school. Also, others say that I am very deep. They don’t understand what I say (they make sense in my mind). Sometimes they get a bit scared from what I say. I am good at writing, especially poems. When people see me at first, they think that I am cold, but I am not.
b) I would like to be more extroverted. My introversion keeps me inside myself. I would like to be more practical, my head is always on the clouds. Also, it is very hard for me to say no to people, I don’t know why. Maybe to avoid conflict, I don’t know.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
Most of them happen when I am thinking, I think about something and the solutions comes to my mind. Most of the “truths” that guide my life have come in this way. Also, when I meet strangers, I get a sense of their personality, and I am mostly right.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) I am energized by listening to music, by thinking when I am alone, reading about science, philosophy and of course MBTI. I like being alone in nature and thinking about my life, my place in the world, the universe itself.
b) Being around other people drains me a lot. Noises, especially human noises are very disturbing. Also, emotional expression can be really hard.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I keep most things on the inside. When someone does a mistake, I would tell them only if I knew that there would be no conflict afterwards. I don’t tell other people my thoughts, because they might think that I am weird. In fact, it all depends on how much I know the other person, but sometimes I don’t show my true self even to them.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're an Fi dominant , that's for sure. Especially when you said your values are always changing.

INFP seems like a better fit.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=25384]Eluid[/MENTION]

Can you answer these questions?

Please select the statement you think most strongly matches your preferences and the one that least matches your preferences.

Which activity would you most like to do and least like to do?
a. Develop a plan of action before starting a work activity
b. Focus on getting things done rapidly so that you can get on to the next thing
c. Do whatever needs to be done to achieve the best result
d. Focus on getting everyone involved in participating

a. Analyze the situation and provide guidance so that the best decision is made
b. Supervise others to get things done
c. Support others in their work
d. Discover new ways of understanding and seeing things

What activity would you most like to do and least like to do?
a. Anticipate how people are going to react and plan accordingly
b. Articulate the vision and mobilize the resources to achieve it
c. Understand the process so that the best results can be achieved
d. Act as a facilitator of the process, providing enthusiasm and energy to support people moving in the same direction

a. Develop or define the way of accomplishing the vision
b. Lead the group towards established objectives or goals
c. Work with others to make collaborative decisions, involving several sources of input
d. Move a group to action and focus on interactions between group members to optimize their collaborative efforts

Eluid

MBTI Type
INXX

Can you answer these questions?

Please select the statement you think most strongly matches your preferences and the one that least matches your preferences.

a. Develop a plan of action before starting a work activity
b. Focus on getting things done rapidly so that you can get on to the next thing
c. Do whatever needs to be done to achieve the best result
d. Focus on getting everyone involved in participating

a. Analyze the situation and provide guidance so that the best decision is made
b. Supervise others to get things done
c. Support others in their work
d. Discover new ways of understanding and seeing things

a. Anticipate how people are going to react and plan accordingly
b. Articulate the vision and mobilize the resources to achieve it
c. Understand the process so that the best results can be achieved
d. Act as a facilitator of the process, providing enthusiasm and energy to support people moving in the same direction

a. Develop or define the way of accomplishing the vision
b. Lead the group towards established objectives or goals
c. Work with others to make collaborative decisions, involving several sources of input
d. Move a group to action and focus on interactions between group members to optimize their collaborative efforts

1-most likely c less likely d
2-most-d less-a (i don't like the guidance part, even though i like analyzing)
3-most-b less-d
4-most-c less-d

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1-most likely c less likely d
2-most-d less-a (i don't like the guidance part, even though i like analyzing)
3-most-b less-d
4-most-c less-d

Hm. Can you answer these?

*What characteristic best describes you?
a. I am adaptable
b. I am consistent
c. I am humane
d. I am analytical

*Which statement best describes you?
a. I’m tolerant and on the lookout for useful compromises
b. I am hard working and dependable
c. I am enthusiastic and creative
d. I am competent and inventive

*It is most important for me to be:
a. Adaptable
b. Respectable
c. Authentic
d. Resolute

*It is most important for me to
a. Be lively and unrestrained
b. Do things that will produce good
c. Help others and be charitable
d. Be autonomous

*I yearn for
a. Impact
b. Belonging
c. Romance
d. Achievement

*I most value being
a. Excited
b. Concerned
c. Enthusiastic
d. Calm

*The best word to describe me would be that I am:
a. Practical
b. Dutiful
c. Altruistic
d. Pragmatic

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe INFP or ISFP. I'm not getting a clear vibe from you, so my instinct is drawing a blank.

Eluid

MBTI Type
INXX
Hm. Can you answer these?

*What characteristic best describes you?
a. I am adaptable
b. I am consistent
c. I am humane
d. I am analytical

*Which statement best describes you?
a. I’m tolerant and on the lookout for useful compromises
b. I am hard working and dependable
c. I am enthusiastic and creative
d. I am competent and inventive

*It is most important for me to be:
a. Adaptable
b. Respectable
c. Authentic
d. Resolute

*It is most important for me to
a. Be lively and unrestrained
b. Do things that will produce good
c. Help others and be charitable
d. Be autonomous

*I yearn for
a. Impact
b. Belonging
c. Romance
d. Achievement

*I most value being
a. Excited
b. Concerned
c. Enthusiastic
d. Calm

*The best word to describe me would be that I am:
a. Practical
b. Dutiful
c. Altruistic
d. Pragmatic

I'll put them in order starting from the one i agree most.
1-d c then a=b
2-a d then b=c
3-c a b d
4-d a then b=c
5-b=d a c
6-d c b a
7-d c b a

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on your answers, you are probably an INTP

Eluid

MBTI Type
INXX
[MENTION=25892]Smilephantomhive[/MENTION] Sorry for disturbing, but what would you think about this? I described some pictures.

SfWzlb0.jpg

21129473755_924d5011da.jpg

1372527.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Picture 1-Looks like there is a war, but not necessarily between good and evil. It reminded me of Greek mythology (Poseidon vs Zeus). Some people are in a boat. It tells how weak is humanity compared to the forces of nature, how little we are compared to the universe. Still, the forces of light are not doing a great "job" protecting the people. They are triggering the war even more. This means that good and evil are relative, something may be good in a particular situation, but bad in another one. The same goes for evil. Even though we try to be good, we would never know the effect of our actions, because of our limited knowledge. We behave according to the information that we posses.

Picture 2-Looks like it's really cold in there. I wonder if that girl in there is feeling it .Looks like autumn. The view is huge. What surprised me was the bridge on the right. Who would build a bridge in the middle of nowhere? To be honest, I can see nothing meaningful in this picture.

Picture 3-The entire human life in one photo . It is very dark, but the moon is so shiny that it gives you a sense of direction. The field is the human life. It is very dark and foggy, you can barely see what's in front of you. But then, there is the moon, the light, the meaning of all things, the truth. With it's light it tells you where you are, and where you should go. The umbrella represents the real, material world. Only when you leave that world, you are open to the true meaning, to the things that lie beneath the world. By leaving the umbrella behind, you remove your attachments to the world, but it doesn't matter, as long as you have the moon and her light which will guide you in your never-ending path of self and truth discovery.

Duffy

Fi-dom. In particular, your interpretation of "truth." There was more focus on ethics, than reason.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

My stance is the same. Do you feel like INFP suits you?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most of the description fits me, but I don't have those strong feelings that INFPs have. Most of the time I feel nothing.

Have you looked into INTP? But I agree with Hijynx in that your focus on ethics makes you seem Fi dom.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most of the description fits me, but I don't have those strong feelings that INFPs have. Most of the time I feel nothing.

Then probably highlander is right and you're an INTP

Eluid

MBTI Type
INXX
Then probably highlander is right and you're an INTP

But I am almost sure that I use Fi/Te. Maybe I should study the coognitive functions more. Another thing is that my Feeling and Thinking are balanced, which is not true for booth INFPs and INTPs, since they lead with a judging function.