• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Switching From ENTP To INFP?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Hey!
As most people know, I have been switching from type to type from time to time. Mostly between the NP types.
It is harder to type myself than others. One of my friends who is knowledgeable about MBTI as well has typed me as an INFP and is pretty sure of it.
I know that I am too people-loving to be an INTP and that I am too calm and un-excitable to be an ENFP.

I don't know.
ENTP or INFP?

I know I've done many of these threads. :doh:

Down side.. if I become INFP, I have to change my Robotnik avatar or it will look ironic.. :cry: I'll have to be a fuzzy bunny or whatever INFP's emulate.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You know, the INFP is even more emotionally excitable than the ENFP because Feeling is more pronounced. ENFP expresses it more however due to Extroversion.

Generally INFPs may appear calm to people who do not know them well, but internally they are very emotionally intense. Their feelings rule their lives. If you are an Introverted Thinker,(even if auxiliary) it is certainly difficult to mistake your mentality for the one akin to that of the INFP.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Hey!
As most people know, I have been switching from type to type from time to time. Mostly between the NP types.
It is harder to type myself than others. One of my friends who is knowledgeable about MBTI as well has typed me as an INFP and is pretty sure of it.
I know that I am too people-loving to be an INTP and that I am too calm and un-excitable to be an ENFP.

I don't know.
ENTP or INFP?

I know I've done many of these threads. :doh:

Down side.. if I become INFP, I have to change my Robotnik avatar or it will look ironic.. :cry: I'll have to be a fuzzy bunny or whatever INFP's emulate.

hey? you're changing types? dude that's quite a big jump. you need to have a little sit down, figure out right now!

let's start with I/E. do you get energized by crowds or is it tiring to you?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I dunno, I really couldn't imagine how I could even pretend to be INFP... my last professional test placed Fi as my weakest function though Si is technically supposed to be. Even in a 'classic' ENTP Fi is just... nowhere to be seen, stunted at best. I don't know how someone can go from thinking they're like that to thinking it's their dominant function :blink:

LucrativeSid

You have Ne, Ti, and Te ahead of your Fi, and you think you're an INFP? I don't get it. I doubt you're Fi dominant. It's not even high enough to be confused as your dominant function. Do you actually relate to both INFP and ENTP descriptions?

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Do you know what enneagram type you are?

Also, did your friend list the reasons why they thought you were INFP as opposed to ENTP?

Another also: Your friend is knowledgeable about MBTI? Can they explain Ni to all of us please? :D

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Never mind.
I did some research on Fi.
It doesn't work for me. :huh:
BlueWing also makes a good point. The INFP will seem calm to others but is not calm him/herself, that's a part of Fi and I realize I can't relate to it at all.
From a cognitive function standpoint, forget any XXFP type!!

The reason why I was thinking about the switch is because I feel like that I'm a 'different person' in college than I am back home. The most important difference is while I have a good group of friends in both areas that I am a lot more quiet with my college friends than I am with my high school friends. It's weird I feel more like an E at home but more like an I at college (which I think may be simply due to the fact that I'm friends with more E's in college, now that I think of it..).

There are also different styles of dealing with each group (which makes me realize that I'm probably T over F).. back home, my friends and I (pretty much the Rational clique, also more ST>NF and 0 SF) have no problem saying whatever comes to our mind and making a lot of outrageous jokes. I can't really do that so much in college. I say mildly crazy things and they already think my jokes and witticisms are extreme, while my friends back home wouldn't bother to laugh because they would want me too try harder.. haha! :devil:

However, I would say that even though I'm not the loudest person in the group that I am energized by crowds. I enjoy parties and mingling with people.

One thing is that my friend is more knowledgeable about Keirsey (NT, NF, SP, SJ) than actual MBTI cognitive functions, so he wouldn't be able to explain Ni at this time.

He is focused more on observable behavior than anything else, he noticed that I tend to be more comfortable with one-on-one conversations than group conversations, so that was why he thinks I over E.
The F over T is more so because of the fact that I will often consider other people when making decisions and he believes that T types would actually have a hard time doing so and it doesn't come naturally. I think that T types with a well-developed F function (in my case: well-developed Fe) are very capable of high empathy and making decisions with that factor in mind.

I relate to the ENTP description more than the INFP one. I was more so taking into account what my friend thought about my type.

A reason why I doubt the Fi is that all the IXFPs I know are very touchy-feely and emotionally expressive once they are comfortable around others. I can't say I ever get that far unless I was fucking the person or something... then I wouldn't necessarily be emotionally expressive but touchy feely, yea, haha!

Also, I think my Enneagram type is 3w4- which to my knowledge is extraverted but very much a social chameleon.

So... ENTP.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
What5 is the difference between Ti and Fi?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In my heart, you will always be ENTP... yea that helped much, didnt it ? :D

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Never mind.
I did some research on Fi.
It doesn't work for me. :huh:
BlueWing also makes a good point. The INFP will seem calm to others but is not calm him/herself, that's a part of Fi and I realize I can't relate to it at all.
From a cognitive function standpoint, forget any XXFP type!!

The reason why I was thinking about the switch is because I feel like that I'm a 'different person' in college than I am back home. The most important difference is while I have a good group of friends in both areas that I am a lot more quiet with my college friends than I am with my high school friends. It's weird I feel more like an E at home but more like an I at college (which I think may be simply due to the fact that I'm friends with more E's in college, now that I think of it..).

There are also different styles of dealing with each group (which makes me realize that I'm probably T over F).. back home, my friends and I (pretty much the Rational clique, also more ST>NF and 0 SF) have no problem saying whatever comes to our mind and making a lot of outrageous jokes. I can't really do that so much in college. I say mildly crazy things and they already think my jokes and witticisms are extreme, while my friends back home wouldn't bother to laugh because they would want me too try harder.. haha! :devil:

Wow, I relate to almost all of that. Actually the last to two test I took said I was XNXP so I'm kind of in the same situation as you.

My attitude just change quite a bit depending who I am with. I go ultra silly and crazy when I'm with my high school buds, and in college I've grown more silent because my silliness wasn't well received. At home I'm actually more I because it's a madhouse and I often just want some peace of mind so I go all grumpy and hermit-like. I do crack a lot of jokes all the time though, regardless.

I do see myself as a social person so I would learn towards E. I like meeting new people and stuff. But as for T/F...I'm actually happy in a way, that two tests gave me the same 50/50 score because that's kinda how I feel....

My decision making does vary a lot and I don't know what kind of questions I should be asking myself in order to know if I'm F or T.

Still....until further investigation I'll continue considering myself a ENFP. Well, practically speaking, even with the last two results, I am still ENFP (and ENTP and INFP and INTP, apparently).

redacted

my little bro originally typed himself as INFP and he's ENTP. the only reason we had him typed like that, though, is that we typed by dichotomies.