• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

which judging functions??

SwimmerGal97

I'm fairly sure I'm on the Si-Ne axis (I don't know which order I'd put them in, whether I use Ne or Si more or which could be the dominant, auxillary etc function). I've taken a few questions from a scenario questionnaire (it's a lot easier to put things into context than just random rambly writing)

SCENARIO

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

Project 1 by far, I don't see a downside to it. I was most drawn to the significant impact it had on the company and I enjoy working in a team. As for the way I process information, I like to see how things come together and have all the details. This project covers a broad range of topics so I can see how things link and the different people can offer a range of perspectives and knowledge.

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

I mentioned this in the first question but the significant impact and teamwork. I hate doing things for the sake of doing things, things with little impact and I need fulfilment and to see results (and when I see I need to see results....can you say impatient?). I'm not a person who does things 'just for fun' and along those lines nor am I sentimental (typing that made me think back to a conversation I had with a girl in my art class. We were discussing how, now we are in a new school year and last years work can be taken down as its been marked, she wanted to take hers home and display it and was talking about how it represented her hard work and so on. I on the other hand don't really care what happens to it now, it's served its purpose in getting me my grade). Teamwork is the other thing that's important for multiple reasons. Firstly, working as a team keeps the motivation going. You can't slack when other people are depending on you. Secondly, as I said previously, the wealth of knowledge and experience people bring. Thirdly, I'm bossy and like telling people what to do (I say bossy, maybe that's notthe right word. I'm not all shouting and overbearing, I'm more subtle. Take charge, yes, but I think controlling is a better word. I will talk to and get to know everyone personally and make my own links and connections rather than talking to them as a collective). I'm presuming I have an important role in this project, but the question doesn't specify.

SCENARIO

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

Listen to a few ideas, plan the whole thing in my head then take a role of guiding the discussion (they all wan't a good outcome and seem like people invested in the project so I would loosen up a little bit and let them have their say rather than going 'no this is what we're doing'). I probably wouldn't discuss for long, take the main ideas, say 'this is what we're going to do' and allocate roles to everyone.

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.

As I've already said, I can be controlling (And very nosey. I like to know what's going on with everyone and who said what and so on). Also I don't like to fail as it makes me look bad and I like to get started on things asap whilst im still really enthusiastic and motivated.

Those two questions seem to hang heavily towards thinking functions so you might not get an accurate representaion of my feeling ones (I think I'm a thinker rather than a feeler anyway so I'd probably even turn a feelings question into a thinking one). A few notes on my feeling though: I like to feel close and intimate with people. I like the sort of relationships (by that I don't necessarily mean romantic just in interactions) where you have the in jokes and a full understanding of each other. I often communicate in the unspoken (like when you give some a 'look') and find a deeper connection in that sort of thing than just simple words. Shallow relationships don't really do it for me (although are sometimes necessary). Like I mentioned above, when working in a group I will talk to the individuals as opposed to the group in order to find out where everyones really at, get the true thoughts on situations. I've always connected with authority figures or people older than me (even as a kid I never bothered with shallow kid stuff, I was always labelled mature, and even now I find myself getting along with my teachers and adults better than teenagers who can be shallow and, in some cases certainly not all young people, lack a wider perspective on things). The strongest feelingsy thing I can think to put about me is my empathy. I sometimes think it's down to how much I read as a child but I can always put myself in someone elses shoes, look at things from their perspective and know and understand what they're feeling. In my eyes everyone is human, there is no authority without the complex range of feelings hopes and worries that the rest of us have. The key thing with this (that lets me know I'm a thinker not a feeler...i think) is that whiilst i'm understanding, I'm not truly feeling as a true empath would. It's very difficult to explain. It's like cold empathy. Scientific and clinical empathy. I guess that ties in with the oneness thing above, I see things from others PoV's so connect with them. This causes no end of trouble when typing myself though because I continually doubt what is actually me and what is me in the mindset of someone else.