• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTJ, INTJ, or ISFJ: What Is My Personality Type?

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've studied over cognitive functions numerous times, day & night. I have taken numerous personality test; but I cannot seem to find the BEST fit. I have NLD (Nonverbal Learning Disorder) I was diagnosed with this disorder probably 2 years ago. I realized I ''contracted'' or I developed it when I had my hair permed as a baby and to my neurologist, he believes that had an effect on who I am. When I was a baby (before the chemical burn) I began reading, writing and talking at a early age, I didn't cry much; but when I did it lasted for a long time. I was still an introvert; but I wanted to have some sort of human contact. I loved reading and drawing. I touched EVERYTHING, I broke EVERYTHING. I was rather active. I was into running, I loved to run. I could beat even most adults when I did run. I had a very little friends because I was introspective. I was much sunnier and a bit more brighter when I was smaller. I didn't like cartoons, I didn't watch them for a long time. I liked softer things. It was all about the sensation for me. I didn't like loud noises so things had to be quiet or no sound. That's all I basically remember. Because of the disorder I have..as I get older, it was to get worse. When I was 8 years old, I was bullied in school. I was a hard worker in school. I stayed constantly after class to pull my grades up. I tried my best to please my parents. I was overly hard on myself, very active..yet I wasn't as coordinated as all the children, little things bothered me. Everything had to be as so. I cried when I wasn't accepted into different extracurricular activities. I paid little attention to the subjects I disliked as in Math. I was highly unteachable in that subject. I am still trying to fill in the gaps that I missed. Adults bullied me, I wasn't good enough and I wasn't efficient enough. They felt as though I didn't try hard enough so I'd push myself over the limit until I couldn't learn anymore. I began lying, I lied about everything because I figured that if I could make up a world where everything I do is right, no one would question my idiosyncrasies. All the lies caught up to me though and I was in big trouble for them. During that time I was ''abused'' by a loved one..physically, mentally and emotionally. I was chubber then, so I was teased for that. After that school year was over with, I began homeschooling. I had been homeschooling ever since. My disorder had gotten worse and so I began having anxiety attacks, panic attacks and sensory overloads.. (because when I was little I was a sensation type of child. I had to feel see, smell, touch and all of that) The friends I had left me, I was too much to deal with, I was embarassing. I wasn't a socialize person. I wasn't invited to parties. I'd cry because I felt like I was too different and I wanted to be efficient, I wanted to blend in. I wanted to be an extrovert. I wanted to have friends. I didn't wanna be different. I wanted to be normal, I would strive to be them; but there was just a barrier between me & human nature. I have my own set of morals and my own beliefs, I try to stay authentic through and through. I strive not to be hypocritical. I am a woman of my word and I am a woman of no words. I was always turned off by romance. I wasn't into it..I was focused on reaching my goals. I was highly motivated and very goal oriented. There was nothing I couldn't achieve in my eyes, once before. Now my NLD has gotten worse, I no longer draw, write or anything. I'm still goal oriented in a way. I became more darker, restless. I stopped sensing, I stopped touching. I didn't want to experience life anymore. I stay in my room, I type to you guys, lol. I read about theories. I study them and if I see they are false, I let them go and on the next topic. Its hard for me to stay with a topic, if I am no longer interested or if I have learned everything about it I let it go. I enter into plans wide eyed and bushy tailed only to drop them if I dislike them. In a way, I am a bit like my sensory self. I had to experience things first, I didn't know whether or not if it was bad until I did it. I began feeling rather iNtuitive after I had been abraded by those experiences. I learned to listen to my gut feeling and my first though which was ALWAYS an issue for me since I had been younger. I had the tendency to ignore my inner emotions and to just bulldoze right into it.

That's about what I wanted to share. If you needed to know anymore information, i'll gladly answer questions.
If you don't feel like I am any of those personality types listed above, please state the personality type you believe I am and why?

Also, I did daydream a lot when I was younger; but only much more after I was 8 years old. I daydream about goals I want to reach and dreams that I want to become reality. When I was 8-11 (pre-depression/ PTSD era) I daydreamed about intense stories..I'd even pace around the house acting it out. I thought I had Maladaptive Daydream Disorder.
I love to research different things, I am always googling different things and trying to figure out why things are the way they are

I'm not very interested in where humanity is going. I'm more interested in leaving a little to okay generation for ours children and that is about it. I'm not a feminist and I'm not apart of any boycotting for veganism or any causes. Especially anything like a vegan cause or feminist cause for example. I march to the beat of my own drum, i guess you can say. I'm more interested investigative things. I'm not interested in totally impractical things. I use logic or try to implement logic when I was daydreaming or trying to make a dream reality.

I believe everything happens for a reason, I take life as it comes. I try to deal with the situation at hand. I'm very blunt and aggressive with speech; but I am also an introvert, so it takes a lot to get that out of me in a social atmosphere.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
[MENTION=26769]LavenderSoda[/MENTION]

So you relate to being I and J and why are you not including INFJ of the IxxJ types?

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's rather obvious, what I'd like to know is your reasoning for not being an INFJ

Because I'm not as diplomatic as one. They are approach things differently than I do. They use Ni and I use Si.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why do you think you use Si and not Ni?

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ

Because I'm not as diplomatic as one. They are approach things differently than I do. They use Ni and I use Si.

Ah so INTJ is listed as an option why?

Anyway. I'm not sure based on the text so far. Can you tell me more on how you think you relate to Si, and also to Ni (in the case of INTJ)?

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ah so INTJ is listed as an option why?

Anyway. I'm not sure based on the text so far. Can you tell me more on how you think you relate to Si, and also to Ni (in the case of INTJ)?

Well, just now my brother triggered a memory from the first grade. I had to ride the high schoolers bus all the way to my school because my father was too lazy to drop me off. I was bullied on that bus and so I'd take a bear to help me cope. I named him Beary-bear. It stemmed from the conversations we had about falling down the stairs and all that. Certain conversations trigger certain memories. I can eat an orange and remember different embarrassing or cool moments that I experienced whilst eating that fruit.

I don't use Ni.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Well, just now my brother triggered a memory from the first grade. I had to ride the high schoolers bus all the way to my school because my father was too lazy to drop me off. I was bullied on that bus and so I'd take a bear to help me cope. I named him Beary-bear. It stemmed from the conversations we had about falling down the stairs and all that. Certain conversations trigger certain memories. I can eat an orange and remember different embarrassing or cool moments that I experienced whilst eating that fruit.

I don't use Ni.

OK and how do you relate to Te vs Fe?

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OK and how do you relate to Te vs Fe?

Fe - I make note of how people treat my brother. I weed out his true friends from his fake friends. I make sure that people do not step over him. After that I hang back and watch him play, haha. If I see somebody being bullied or unfairly accused I will jump in to help them out. I don't like seeing people hurting. When I was in school and I saw people that were hurting, I would demand that the teacher tend to their aid because that person is being affected by something and needs help.

However I have bad social skills. I am not socialized at all. I don't know when to enter conversations. I'm not good at trying to find similar interest.

Te- I think OUT LOUD. All of my thoughts are out loud. Say I am making a cake. I am saying and doing the procedure out loud. I can spot discrepancies. I try to create timetables for myself. I try to see how fast I can do something all the time. If it takes too long I switch it up. I'm always trying to find ways to be on time, although I'm not always on time.

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why do you think you use Si and not Ni?

Because I literally don't know what is getting ready to happen. They can sense stuff. I can't sense what will happen in the future. All I know is if what I did in the present seemed like it would rub the person the wrong way, I would try everything in my power to prevent this person from being upset. I just really don't use it. I use Si every single day. Everytime I do something I remember the last time I did that and how it would make me feel. I remember the people involved. Once I remember that I unleash other memories. Its like I travel with these memories on my back. I can remember any details about a person.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
[MENTION=26769]LavenderSoda[/MENTION]

OK based on these, I would guess ISFJ. The Te seems lower order Te in your "function stack" than your F. That F seems more like Fi than Fe but you fit the stereotypical MBTI Si very well... so I went with ISFJ overall.

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=26769]LavenderSoda[/MENTION] Does ISFJ fit?

I mean yes in a way; but I am not friendly nor do I appear friendly to other people. I don't always sense emotions from everyone else.
People often say I show no emotion and I look cold. I don't completely feel everything out. That's why I chose ISTJ.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I mean yes in a way; but I am not friendly nor do I appear friendly to other people. I don't always sense emotions from everyone else.
People often say I show no emotion and I look cold. I don't completely feel everything out. That's why I chose ISTJ.

I'm still going with ISFJ due to you being MBTI Si-dom and having that confidence in telling who's a true friend, which is strong F while your T is idiosyncratic weak; but maybe check out ESI/ISFj in Socionics as well.