• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help with my functions?

InvaderZoom

Enneagram
I've been typed by other people mostly as INTJ, INTP, and ISTP. A couple of times I was typed as ISTJ. I've been taking function tests for over a year, and I have almost always scored highest on Ti and lowest on Fe (and studying the functions, of course. I know tests don't have final say). I believe I relate to Ni-Se more than Ne-Si, but unless I developed Ni around the age of 10 I don't think I can be ISTP. Same goes for INTP with Si.

I have some Si tendencies. I revisit places (for food mainly) I've been quite often because it's easy. I'll get in the mood for a certain taste, so I go to the place that has it. My diet is limited though, and I have a bad relationship with food. There are many textures I just can't eat. I'll rewatch movies that I like. Not because I always feel like watching them, but I'll be searching for something to watch on Netflix and after 15 minutes of not finding anything I'll just put on one of my favorites. I don't like repetition, though I'm somewhat confined to it. I won't practice something over and over again, playing video games over is usually boring, and if I already know how to do something I can't force myself to do it. I have fun figuring it out, and then I'm done.

I possibly have some Te qualities. It's become a joke that I don't contact people unless I need something from them. I'm very judgmental when it comes to the competence of others. They can act in a way I don't agree with as long as they're competent. As an example, I worked with a programmer who was into drugs, having copious amounts of sex, and being a bit of a daredevil. I wouldn't live that style of life, but I don't care about that, and the same goes for anyone. He was actually incredibly smart and I respected him for it. My ISTJ cousin (possibly low Fi) and I have a friend who sometimes does somewhat questionable things (I guess). My cousin immediately calls her out on it without questioning why she's doing anything, and tells her what to do. I sit in the background, figure out the reasoning, and move on. It isn't my place to control someone's life. Now, if she was objectively wrong about something (such as a fact), I may correct her if I think it matters. Other strong Te users and Si users in my family judge people on very petty things like what they wear or where they live.

I believe I have some intuitive side. Since I was young, I've been able to create very vivid worlds in my head where I can do anything I want. The most similar thing I can use to describe it is wake induced lucid dreaming. Except I never go to sleep. The world blacks out around me and I'm fully in my head while my body is on autopilot. I get feelings/hunches about people and they're almost (just in case I'm forgetting a time where I was wrong) always right.
I've always been attracted to stranger and darker things. Despite my fairly boring life, I like the unexpected because it's interesting. I don't seek it out though, and I prefer it comes to me.

Few quick things and then my cognitive test results:
  • I relate to the stress reaction/in the grip experience of inferior Se the most. I have a sensory processing disorder and an addictive personality though, so that may be it.
  • I plan somewhat. I certainly think ahead, but my plans are very, very rough outlines. I think planning too much restricts you, and I've experienced that before.
  • I have very intense focus/tunnel vision and I can easily become obsessed with things
  • I don't have a problem reading other people's emotions, and I'm actually very aware of my own. I do prefer to control them though.
  • I think almost purely in images. Ideas come to me in the form of images and I can't always put them into words. Even when I think of a word, it is an image of it.
  • I prefer hands on learning
  • My humor has been described as dark, sardonic, sexual, and random
  • I like to do things I like over again, but I don't care for traditions. They're generally pointless and boring. I don't hold the same values as most of my family or friends.
  • I don't lose things, but I forget things very quickly. What happened yesterday isn't even in my memory. I tell people that it takes me a day to remember a day. Everything goes into long term. I was almost in huge trouble recently because I forgot that I needed to give 60 days notice to get out of my apartment lease, and I signed for another place already.

Here are the test results:

keys2cognition:
  • Ti - (50.1) excellent use
  • Fi - (36) good use
  • Si - (32) good use
  • Te - (30.9) good use
  • Ni - (28.7) average use (their Ni questions are a bit odd.)
  • Ne - (28) average use
  • Se - (24.1) average use
  • Fe - (9.8) unused

similarminds
  • Ti - 100%
  • Fi - 60%
  • Ni - 55%
  • Se - 55%
  • Si - 50%
  • Te - 40%
  • Ne - 25%
  • Fe - 15%