• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

*put awesome eye catching title here*

Akua

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi; as you can see, titles aren't exactly my forte... Bear with me in spite of that, alright? I did spend a good ten minutes or so trying to come up with one, lol.

I'll fill out the questionaire if someone would like to see it; I've just taken many, many tests since learning about MBTI(sometimes taking the same tests easily 15+ times. I simply, between that and much research, can't seem to find the confidence to permanently settle on a type for myself, on my own... Enneagram, I know for a fact I'm an eight, probably w7. As far an MBTI, I simply can't seem to pin point as easily, even if my results tend to be fairly consistent. Enneagram was just much easier for me. I almost feel as if maybe with MBTI I'd be a little biased on tests? Or, half the time I'm taking a guess is more like it, as due to my real life I've been through many situations where I had to be adaptable. Either way, I feel I need some acctually living, thinking opinions on it this time.) and would prefer a more personal approach this time. I typically test as an INTJ on most I/E S/N T/F J/P tests, with an occasional ISTJ here an there. In tests based on cognitive funtions, I tend to get INFJ most, followed by ENTP/INTP. Someone once told me I could perhaps be an ISTP; but I don't really think I'd be a "P", from what I've seen, unless I'm way off.

Honestly, I'm not sure how relevant anything I type will be, I'm just trying to come up with anything important; but explaining myself can be fairly hard. I absolutely hate writing personal pieces for grades and such. While I can write up a beautifully organized and structured, 1000+ word personality for a character biography, and sometimes even have fun doing it, I simply hate writing about my own thoughts, opinions, experiences and interpretations of things if it's not because I wanted to, but because I had to. Basically, I appologize in advance if I accidentally write something irrelevant, or not enough useful information.

I have been labeling, a bit inconfidently since I'm not exactly the sappy being most seem to associate with the type(even though my research has lead me to the conclusion this is mostly innacurate stereotyping), as an INFJ with a very strong Ti. Again, just referencing stereotypes here, but I absolutely hate most poetry... It doesn't move me. It bores me quite a bit. And writing it is all the more boring, and stressful at the same time. However, I do love art, and am an artist myself. I'd just rather see an artist of a unique, perhaps underdeveloped skill level, unrealistic style than art so "perfect" you'd think it was a picture. To me, the more stylistic creativity there is, the more someone's feelings, mindset and self can show through. Now, some things that, to this point, I have been labeling myself as an INFJ for; whenever I see someone posting something about their life not going well, or them feeling depressed, etc, I always try and personally reach out to them. I'm honestly not sure sometimes, though, if this is out of true compassion, or my upbringing, or my strong drive to be appreciated by someone...or, it could also be that most of the time, I feel things are out of place when someone's upset or alone when thye don't want to be, and it will annoy me quite a bit until that situation is fixed. I also tend to read people pretty well, and can know them inside out pretty easily. I'm never really surprised by when someone does something. I can't really tell if I read people better than everyone else I know, or I'm alot more honest about who someone is and alot less damagingly, falsely optimistic than alot of the people I know.

On that note, I hate the feeling of not being trusted, but that's msotly due to some personal anxieties of mine I'd rather not get into.

I also do not trust people easily, at all. They need to earn it, no matter my initial judgement on them.

I have my formal mode, which is the mode I will most frequently use in public or when making an aquaintence. Anyone at all. This formal mode is very tactful, and I frequently get asked advice on what seems appropriate in a business context, what to say, etc. and have been asked for such input since I was quite little, in spite of my lack of experience to this day. My "formal" mode is seen by most people I guess, even in purely casual contexts. I also have a "sweet" mode, which I tend to take on with more easily offended, gentle people, and when comforting someone. Then, there's just plain ol' me. Not really sure how to explain me in my purest form, sorry. Lol. Trying not to be formal at all here hopefully to give a decent representation of how I am inside, but this does not seem to be working as well as I wanted it to.

I can end up studying a subject hours on end out of boredom. I'm extremely detail-loving; I don't say detail oriented, because if you ask for me to find the hat right in front of my face... Give me an hour. But if you want me to figure out some complex set of puzzles, find something hidden extremely well, or solve something no one else will, or see/notice something no one else would, sign me up! Plot-twists are very rarely something to catch me off guard. I tend to associate alot with Ni(not focusing on that in this paragraph, by the way. Just throwing it out there), and the descriptions of it, but one thing just feels off. I have an incredible memory, and alot of Ni doms don't seem to have the best memory, from what I can tell.

Alright I kind of need to rush right now, sorry... Once I'm back, I'd love to make this more conversation-style if anyone needs any other information. Thanks!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd probably say you're an INFJ 6w5. But that's just a guess. Look forward to see you posting more. Don't be too stuck up about reading people inside and out here though, the Fi Doms will hate you for it.

Akua

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the input & quick response!
Is there any way you could tell me why you see 6w5? I'm just curious, because I was really just posting to be typed with MBTI here.
And, even if it's what I've been going by, is there anything specifically that says INFJ to you? Only if it were specific things and not just a generalized "vibe" or something like that that would be unexplainable, of course.
Just curious.

I look foward to posting more here too, been lurkin' awhile before finally signing up. I'm just so topic picky that hopefully, I find things to post on xD

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
OH MY GOD YOUR AVATAR IS MAKI +100 except nozomi is still my best girl

Anyway, you sound very similar to one of my friends, who is an INFJ. At the very least, I'm feeling introversion and Fe-aux (specifically in your paragraph where you talk about reaching out to people). Could be wrong though. The more you post around here, the more accurate our guesses will become, so that's something to look forward to. :D

Akua

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] - yep xD Maki's my second best. Kotori's my #1, as misplaced as she is compared to most of my faves. Lol. (Off topic but have you seen Gakkou Gurashi? ouo)

Anyways, thanks for the response!
-As a note, I mostly reach out to people online(often tumblr, since that seems to be some kind of breeding ground for negative emotions, lol), atleast in more noticeably "sweet" ways... As far as real life, I find it more effective to point out something true to someone to make them feel better/get them over something. I'd never really lie to spare someone's feelings, or make a sale for that matter(I'm a very good salesperson, when for whatever reason I'm needed for the task; it's fun, too), but there's always a tactful way to go about things so that the truth always sounds the best, and I'm usually told I'm a very clear communicator(and often get told that's another strong point of mine), and often get asked for advice in a scenario where tact would be neccessary(which is fairly frequent).

OOOKAY sorry for rambling, lol. Just some things today made me think that maybe that would help this process.

Also, just so I know, when I post around here, should I use my more formal, external self, or more of what I'm thinking in it's purest form? Sorry if it's an odd question, I usually just adapt that to specific scenarios and would like to know upfront this time which might be better.

Also, if anyone has any questions to ask that might be relevant, feel free! Like said, I'd love to make this more into a conversation type thing as opposed to "here's this main post; what do you think form just this" kinda thing.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=26765]Akua[/MENTION] -- Kotori is one of my faves also! The best piece of advice I could ever give anyone is to never trust a person who says they don't like Kotori because she's literally impossible to hate. :laugh: And YES omg I saw Gakkou Gurashi and god it's such a fantastic show! I'm hoping for a second season!

As for how to post on the forum, just post in whatever way feels natural to you. :D I tend to vibe differently on the forum than I do in real life, but as I become more comfortable and familiar here I am able to be "more natural." Like, since it's a forum about personality theory, I'm sure we all talk about ourselves and are more open about ourselves way more than we otherwise would be outside of the internet. I would try not to worry about it/overanalyze too much and just be however you feel like being at the time. :) In a strange way, even the way we edit and filter ourselves before submitting a post/reply can kind of be tied to functions.

Akua

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] - Yeah, I acctually see alot of Kotori hate... And I'm like... Why... How did you come to this conclusion, hating her is like... Hating ...air. Like hating air. The thing that's funny is my faves are usually more like Maki, personality wise... And then I met my little bird. Lol.
YES finally, someone who's seen it before I shoved it onto 'em! Honestly, I was kinda expecting to hate it before I started it, but started it when only the first episode out, in a moment of pure boredom...and now, it's probably easily a new favorite. Who's your fave from [Gakkou Gurashi]? Out of all the many, plentiful characters, there are in it to choose from.

And alright, thanks, I'll try not to think about it too much. I tend to take awhile to feel out an enviroment/person before deciding how I should be more long run, so I'll see how it goes. Thanks!

Akua

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(Anyone else, maybe?)

Not sure if this'll be helpful, but when people say detail oriented, do they mean perfectionistic & would rather have details(would rather not estimate and instead do an entire equation, etc), or do they mean as opposed to perfectionism and a desire for all the details, good with details/noticing anything apparent(like being able to notice a hat you're looking for right in front of you etc)? It just hit me that maybe my definition of detail oriented was a bit off... Whoops.

Because I'm extremely perfectionistic and along with that, can not tolerate cutting corners in math(something I enjoy), even if it would "make sense" to some people(to me it doesn't, though. I'd want to do the entire thing to make sure, and I hate rounding numbers). Maybe my S & N functions are closer together than I thought(since I'm very good at prediction and am usually right even if I've never done anything similar before, I just have trouble trusting it alot of the time, and am extremely as I said above)? Or is that Te / Ti related? Both? Or completely irrelevant to typing and functions?
And I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I get bored when I'm not doing something(or reading something I find interesting, or talking to someone I'm comfortable with) very easily.