• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Infamous INFP or INFJ Question.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay guys, sorry for all of these multiple posts, but I just realized that I totally screwed up one question and asked my fiance to conclude that I do jump to conclusions a lot, and so it turns out that according to my new result, that I may really just be an INFP after all. What do you guys think?

Honestly? I think it's strange you keep taking tests and relying on those results. I mean it's understandable, esp for people newer to mbti, but there are lots of silly tests out there, and it's *incredibly* common for people to get incorrect results on tests. (@themightyfetus referenced a few days ago that in her class, literally half the people got ENFP - which just isn't possible)

Also like [MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION] mentioned, socionics has many differences from mbti. The introvert descriptions in socionics are often mashups of two types in mbti - there's not a direct translation, each system just emphasizes different things.

Here on this forum I think it's most helpful to read threads, get to know people, see who you relate more to, who is more foreign. This forum is cognition in action. I know this isn't the easy 'quick fix' answer but if you want to get away from stereotypes it would be a better way to really figure out how you think and process.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Honestly? I think it's strange you keep taking tests and relying on those results. I mean it's understandable, esp for people newer to mbti, but there are lots of silly tests out there, and it's *incredibly* common for people to get incorrect results on tests. (@themightyfetus referenced a few days ago that in her class, literally half the people got ENFP - which just isn't possible)

Also like [MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION] mentioned, socionics has many differences from mbti. The introvert descriptions in socionics are often mashups of two types in mbti - there's not a direct translation, each system just emphasizes different things.

Here on this forum I think it's most helpful to read threads, get to know people, see who you relate more to, who is more foreign. This forum is cognition in action. I know this isn't the easy 'quick fix' answer but if you want to get away from stereotypes it would be a better way to really figure out how you think and process.

I suppose you are right. :) I'll have to just be patient and learn to enjoy the process of learning about myself and what type I may be. Thank you so much!

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have you considered ENFJ? I don't mean to direct you elsewhere, I can only imagine how tough it is to decide between INFs..
I think INFP is okay..

I think the problem we all face is when reading up on a certain type we subconsciously tend to pick those traits as our answers for questionnaires. So If you did the socionics test without reading up on socionics, you should get a reliable answer.

At this point, I wouldn't be too surprised to find out that I am an ENFJ after all. The only reason why I am so adamant about being an introvert is because I lose energy by socializing with other people and need plenty of time alone. I mean, that is the definition of introversion, isn't it? :shrug:

Maybe I should hang out with the ENFJs here and see if we think alike! :newwink:

INFJ Subtypes: Intuitive Ni-INFJs and ethical Fe-INFJs

I think this is exactly what you're going through. It may help.

Thank you so much! Yes, I also know about the whole subtypes thing within the MBTI 16 personality types. There's more than one kind of INFPs, for example, and it makes this whole journey all the more interesting, albeit a bit frustrating when it's time to type myself, LOL!

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're really nothing alike.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If it means anything, I relate to almost all of your descriptions (slight differences in our interaction with people but that's probably because of my SO instinctual subtype vs. your SP).