• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Infamous INFP or INFJ Question.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
IEI tends to correlate with INFJ, but I wouldn't rule out INFP because of the test. Especially since aren't always accurate. Maybe think about how you relate to the Niand Fe functions. I will warn you that socionics sometimes different definitions than mbti cognative functions.

It is hard to even read the results since it seems that my cognitive functions are all over the place. :huh: It says that my leading function is Ni, but the higher score percentage is the Fe, so what even? :unsure:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Hey, I just read this whole thing. You are clearly a 2w1 and IxFJ. And maybe a 6w5 fix in there as well.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, I just read this whole thing. You are clearly a 2w1 and IxFJ. And maybe a 6w5 fix in there as well.

Hey there :bye: What does a 6w5 fix means, if you do not mind explaining to me? Man, this is going to be news to my fiance, he is really gung-ho about me being an INFP since that is how we both met each other on another MBTI message board where we were both typed as INFP. :happy2:

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is hard to even read the results since it seems that my cognitive functions are all over the place. :huh: It says that my leading function is Ni, but the higher score percentage is the Fe, so what even? :unsure:

It tells you what sub type you are. I'm not 100% sure how you get each subtype though.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I read your thing i was like okay. He could actually be an INFJ. Then it was like INFP? Noooo. ENFJ, yes ENFJ. Wait. ENTJ, no ENFJ. ENFJ. Yeah. So that's my answer, I have a hunch that you're not as introverted as you think you are.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Take it a couple different times. See what comes up mainly. If you are INFP, or INFJ it is the difference between leading with Fi or Ni. This is subconscious. Meaning, you use this muscle the most and so it isn't so apparant.

Often people who don't know their type get bogged down in the tertiary because it is most noticeable, conscious when thinking about.

I always say investigate your dominant and inferior. Those are easier to hit on as accurate. The middle can be gray as they are support functions and can be harder to separate from dom and auxiliary use.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I read your thing i was like okay. He could actually be an INFJ. Then it was like INFP? Noooo. ENFJ, yes ENFJ. Wait. ENTJ, no ENFJ. ENFJ. Yeah. So that's my answer, I have a hunch that you're not as introverted as you think you are.

Can I ask why you may think I am not an introvert? :shrug:

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Take it a couple different times. See what comes up mainly. If you are INFP, or INFJ it is the difference between leading with Fi or Ni. This is subconscious. Meaning, you use this muscle the most and so it isn't so apparant.

Often people who don't know their type have fairly well get bogged down in the tertiary because it is most noticeable, conscious when thinking about.

Alright, I'll take it again right now. :) *rolls dat dice*

It tells you what sub type you are. I'm not 100% sure how you get each subtype though.

I'm clearly a freak. :happy2:

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well that's helpful... lol

I think you should spend time thinking about yourself (how you see and interact with the world, ect) and look up threads about Fi and Ni. Maybe even Fe and Ne.

Darn. Am I really that strange? :unsure: Or do I just not understand their questions? I answered as best as I could...
Although, that article about the signs that one may be a Fi-Dom does not strike me as me at all.

Argh, this is maddening. I'll try a third time and really think hard on each question this time, if you all still have the patience to bear with me. :doh:

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Darn. Am I really that strange? :unsure: Or do I just not understand their questions? I answered as best as I could...
Although, that article about the signs that one may be a Fi-Dom does not strike me as me at all.

Argh, this is maddening. I'll try a third time and really think hard on each question this time, if you all still have the patience to bear with me. :doh:

Don't worry, plenty of people have trouble finding their type.

For the test, maybe you didn't read the directions correctly? Yeah, but I would awhile before taking the test again. The more you take the more you start to see patterns and that could influence your answers.

I would pay more attention to articles, threads, self discover than tests.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Also, beware you don't mix up MBTI and socionics. Right meow you are taking socionics and that *may not* translate exactly the same in MBTI.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know I shouldn't, but. ;p
Although honestly, the best description of my personality ever is the EII-Ne INFj subtype:
Appearance

The intuitive subtype is emotional, composed, and firm. Shows cordiality, goodwill, and friendliness toward people who are in his favor. Closing distance with a person tries to be somehow useful and of service. Likes to advise, to mentor, to educate others but only within his circle. Possesses figurative and imaginative thinking and creative abilities, can discuss various imagery, symbols, dreams. Sensitive, vulnerable, uncertain and erratic. Prone to taking offense despite his best attempts to hide this. Sometimes he likes to joke around in conversation.

Tries not to say unpleasant things to people, but cannot always restrain himself and may burst out in disagreement or indignation, but comes to regret it later. Serious and fastidious, prefers to hold himself with some reserve and subtlety. Dresses simply, adhering to classical styles, often conservatively. His mimicry and gestures are weakly expressed. Speech is emotional and slightly inhibited; its tone is often didactic. Frequently has a disproportionate figure, often squat in physique and prone to corpulence. Gait may be a bit clumsy and waddling.

Character

Seeks to understand the essence of various subjects and phenomena. Possesses strong associative and figurative thinking and the talent of foresight. Perceptive and insightful regarding the potential of various projects and people, aware of other's talents and abilities. Often displays an interest in problems that lie at the intersection of ethics and philosophy. Very curious, loves to read and to contemplate. He is constantly evaluating everything. Feels unsatisfied and frustrated with work that is monotonous and routine. Strives for self-cultivation. Defends his views on emotional basis, but tries to support his statements with facts. Distrustful, requires sufficient evidence to become convinced of the verity of his partner's statements.

Poorly tolerates loneliness, needs attention of people who are close with him. Appreciates sincerity, attention to his person, and tact; condemns discordant and abusive behavior. Quite principled; he believes that all-forgiveness corrupts those who deserve to be punished. May sometimes deliver a harsh rebuke for a person whom he thinks to be guilty, but usually wavers before doing so because he is afraid of spoiling his relations with other people and being unfair. Loves his family; he is ready for any sacrifices for them. Very fond of small children; though sometimes for educational purposes he is strict and uncompromising in their treatment. At times advocates for harsh measures and punishments.

Impressionable and emotionally sensitive. Feels truly satisfied with himself only if he could contribute by a deed. Tries to please others by performing a variety of services for them or giving presents, by being generous and unselfish. Helps people not sparing his time and efforts, meanwhile may forget about himself. Does not forgive betrayal and treachery; in such cases may irreversibly put an end to the relationship. Easily takes offense. Painfully and sensitively perceives the lack of volitional, push-through qualities in himself.

Takes on many tasks barely completing them on time, thus may postpone unpleasant or uninteresting work until later. Shows an interest in the objective side of affairs if he has a desire to become competent in pragmatic activities, in which case makes himself learn about procedures and regulations. Can be happy if he finds a proper application of his abilities.

A person of firm convictions - an idealist and a maximalist. Dreams of being in ideal harmony with his partner in tastes, beliefs, and passions, and becomes upset when this doesn't happen and disagreements arise. Due to his tendency to take everything close to heart, feels worried and agitated by slighted occasions. Prone to doubt, somewhat indecisive and diffident. Needs an optimistically oriented partner who can dispel his worries and uncertainties, be able to provide an evaluation of his work and actions, shield him from unnecessary tasks and people, and improve his mood. Has a keen sense of responsibility for others. Demanding of himself; educates others by his personal example. Tries to instill in other people consideration for human values. May have an interest in occult or religious and teach himself various divination techniques and interpretations of teachings.

His appearance is often very modest, dresses so as not to stand out. Attempts to look tidy and well-groomed, but investing effort and time into looking after his appearance feels like a burden for him. Often doesn't have much interest in jewelry. Critically evaluates his looks; negative remarks on this topic can deeply wound him. Receives compliments in the presence of others with confusion and distrust. Afraid of falling sick and becoming dependent on others, for this reason tries to improve his lifestyle.

Description by Victor Gulenko

Has a good eye for people. Immediately sees who does or doesn’t feel drawn to him by the looks in people’s eyes / have similar views to them. They love to be in a close circle of friends and adherents, and to discuss with them the novelties of literature, skill, humanities. Frequently behave unsure of themselves; They are scattered. The aim is humanitarian activity, but they can work in the service industry. Works well both in medicine and in pedagogy. Knows how to reconcile those disputing, to smooth out sharp situations. Knows how to create a pleasant situation, how to create a comfortable home. Dresses with the taste, frequently follows fashion.

Sexual behavior

Restrained, irresolute, and inclined to self-doubts: especially in decision making; act unsure of their feelings. Are utterly reliable in regards to debts and honor. Erotically are yielding and shy, await the initiative of another; unpredictable and predisposed to fantasies, inclined to improve sexual relations. Reserved, they speak of their concerns only with someone close to them. Needs a partner who is economic, practical, precise, concrete in words and able to interpret the intentions of others. Honest, they desire a partner with a strong nature that commands a feeling of debt.

I mean. This is it. This is literally me to a T.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't worry, plenty of people have trouble finding their type.

For the test, maybe you didn't read the directions correctly? Yeah, but I would awhile before taking the test again. The more you take the more you start to see patterns and that could influence your answers.

I would pay more attention to articles, threads, self discover than tests.

I did read the directions and did it to the best of my ability. I'll try and read more rather than rely strictly on tests, thanks!

Also, beware you don't mix up MBTI and socionics. Right meow you are taking socionics and that *may not* translate exactly the same in MBTI.

That is true, they are quite different!

It wouldn't be a hunch so much if I knew why. :shrug:

Ahhh okay. ^^

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay guys, sorry for all of these multiple posts, but I just realized that I totally screwed up one question and asked my fiance to conclude that I do jump to conclusions a lot, and so it turns out that according to my new result, that I may really just be an INFP after all. What do you guys think?

BeyondTheGrey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you considered ENFJ? I don't mean to direct you elsewhere, I can only imagine how tough it is to decide between INFs..
I think INFP is okay..

I think the problem we all face is when reading up on a certain type we subconsciously tend to pick those traits as our answers for questionnaires. So If you did the socionics test without reading up on socionics, you should get a reliable answer.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ Subtypes: Intuitive Ni-INFJs and ethical Fe-INFJs

I think this is exactly what you're going through. It may help.

INFJs far off in the ethical spectrum are highly dynamic and may have trouble keeping consistent and internalizing the logical framework behind the MBTI types and are prone to switching across several different types and mistyping themselves as ISFPs, INFPs, and ISFJs.