• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESTJ vs ENFJ

Eastwood

I'm currently battling if I'm a Guardian or Idealist.

I'm hoping somebody can post clarity on the two types to help be decide if I'm ESTJ or ENFJ

-Thanks!

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No functions in common, so should be easy.

Do you care are harmony? Do other people's feelings matter as much as your own?

Do you use Ni?

Or do you use Te? Are you logical? Efficient? Organized? Structured?

ENFJ and ESTJ really are not similar, except that they both can be forceful personalities....

Eastwood

No functions in common, so should be easy.

Do you care are harmony? Do other people's feelings matter as much as your own?

Do you use Ni?

Or do you use Te? Are you logical? Efficient? Organized? Structured?

ENFJ and ESTJ really are not similar, except that they both can be forceful personalities....

Well, I understand how this can be viewed as such a obvious forum. I've been viewed at times as a people pleaser (idealist) and then at times as goal based and aggressive, so thanks for your response.

My introspection is more on practicality and reality of my past experiences. Its not imagination beyond time and space. Its hard for me to see the future without first minding present reality.

I'am viewed as logical and aggressive minded, but then there are time where I do care and want to give to others.

Now I'm wondering what the deference is between ENFJ and ESFJ.... lol

But if I'am a sensor, then I enjoy MBTI a lot more than most sensors....

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I understand how this can be viewed as such a obvious forum. I've been viewed at times as a people pleaser (idealist) and then at times as goal based and aggressive, so thanks for your response.

My introspection is more on practicality and reality of my past experiences. Its not imagination beyond time and space. Its hard for me to see the future without first minding present reality.

I'am viewed as logical and aggressive minded, but then there are time where I do care and want to give to others.

Now I'm wondering what the deference is between ENFJ and ESFJ.... lol

But if I'am a sensor, then I enjoy MBTI a lot more than most sensors....

We have many sensors here interested in MBTI. I would suggest your preconceived notions about sensors may be off a but.

I would suggest that you are a Si user, possibly ESFJ or ESFJ. ESTJs do care about other people and ESFJs can be logical, so you need to look at Fe vs Te.

Fe is about focusing on the feelings of others. Fe doms naturally know the right words to say to others to promote harmony and good feelings for the group.

Te doms are naturally inclined to see the most efficient way to organize and execute activity.

As to ESFJ vs ENFJ, the difference is Ni vs Si and Se vs. Ne. Some struggle understanding Ni vs Si, so maybe looking at Se vs Ne is easier.

Se is about sensations in the moment. Ne is about possibilities, seeing option after option. Which do you use?

á´…eparted

passages
I am an ENFJ who frequently tests as an ESTJ. This is largely due to my enneagram type. Sorting that out might help to some degree.

Eastwood

I am an ENFJ who frequently tests as an ESTJ. This is largely due to my enneagram type. Sorting that out might help to some degree.

I'm enneagram 3, I don't know much more than that, I just had somebody confirm it to me, lol. Is this maybe why I'm perceived as ESTJ?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am ENFJ e3. I base my logic more on how my "gut feelings" and observations fit into a particular pattern or the overall context of the situation.. rather than compare it to how past experiences played out.

Eastwood

It could make sense that I could be typed as ENFJ with e3. But I recently took a test that said I'm ESTP with e5.

I don't feel like I' m smart enough to be intuitive. I only have a basic or average IQ
But I don't feel athletic to be sensing. I'm decent at athletics, but no athlete.

giorgaros2

MBTI Type
ENTP
The difference between ESFJ and ENFJ 's is that ESFJ's use Si, they like to talk and talk about facts (taken from personal experience , that they have read etc.)
What i mean is that they prefer and get energized with conversations that make them use their *memory*. You can find an *obvious* ESFJ talking with details about past experiences or how he/she went there and met him and did that etc..
But you can find also an ESFJ with high Ne talking about philosopy for example.The difference is that the ESFJ will most probably talk about philosophy like that: "This philosopher said that and this philosopher said that and this philosopher said that" etc...You see that the ESFJ uses Ne to gather data from the outer world (reading philosophical books) and *save* them in the memory (unorganized obviously because they dont use Ti) then they like to acess that info.
The ENFJ on the other hand will not care too much about what each different philosopher said , but their philosophical data will not come from outside (Ne) but from an inside subjective source (ni) that means that they will probably speak more about their philosophical insights and care less about citing philosophers.

Which style of communication do you prefer :p

EDIT: i misread as ESFJ vs ENFJ , but what i said applies also for ESTJ

á´…eparted

passages
I don't feel like I' m smart enough to be intuitive. I only have a basic or average IQ
But I don't feel athletic to be sensing. I'm decent at athletics, but no athlete.

These are bad, and baseless stereotypes. Don't use these sorts of external manifestations to figure your type out. There are plenty of S's on here whom are wicked smart. I've also met plenty of N's in my day that were dumb as posts. Your intelligence level does not effect what type you are.

Further, athletic skill has nothing to do with type either. As parallel to the above, I have met many N's who were immensely physically talented. I've also met many S's who trip over their own two feet.

EDIT: A really good way to help sorting your type out, is to hang around this place for a while. Post in other threads, get to know others. In turn, they'll get to know you. After a few months, making a type me thread will likely be much more productive. By that point people will have a decent foundation to work with, and can reference things you may have said or done previously, and see how it matches up with any sort of question people ask you at current.

Eastwood

The difference between ESFJ and ENFJ 's is that ESFJ's use Si, they like to talk and talk about facts (taken from personal experience , that they have read etc.)
What i mean is that they prefer and get energized with conversations that make them use their *memory*. You can find an *obvious* ESFJ talking with details about past experiences or how he/she went there and met him and did that etc..
But you can find also an ESFJ with high Ne talking about philosopy for example.The difference is that the ESFJ will most probably talk about philosophy like that: "This philosopher said that and this philosopher said that and this philosopher said that" etc...You see that the ESFJ uses Ne to gather data from the outer world (reading philosophical books) and *save* them in the memory (unorganized obviously because they dont use Ti) then they like to acess that info.
The ENFJ on the other hand will not care too much about what each different philosopher said , but their philosophical data will not come from outside (Ne) but from an inside subjective source (ni) that means that they will probably speak more about their philosophical insights and care less about citing philosophers.

Which style of communication do you prefer :p

EDIT: i misread as ESFJ vs ENFJ , but what i said applies also for ESTJ

lol, yea I figured you met ESTJ. Well this is interesting because I see myself doing a bit of both. I basically want to elaborate on whatever the professor said and more of the feeling of the environment. Then I might go into weather or not I agree with the ideology or philosophy. I think Ill first explain to my friends the details of that lecture pointing out both emotional intellect and rationality of the thought in general.

I like reading allot of self help books. But these books, I don't feel have allot of philosophical ideologies in them, however, I do feel that they provide more fact and data driven information, which helps me return to the present more effectively. So, although I'm sure both types can do both, I say I'm more likely to gather data. However, this doesn't indicate that I'm all that good at memorizing data either.

I wish I had a more straight forward answer, lol, but I probably would lean more ESTJ, simply for wanting to sight more on the philosophers. However, in my older forum post, I'm now realizing that I may not be ESTJ, basically because of a long list of reasons...... lol (which isn't vary basic, lol!)

Eastwood

These are bad, and baseless stereotypes. Don't use these sorts of external manifestations to figure your type out. There are plenty of S's on here whom are wicked smart. I've also met plenty of N's in my day that were dumb as posts. Your intelligence level does not effect what type you are.

Further, athletic skill has nothing to do with type either. As parallel to the above, I have met many N's who were immensely physically talented. I've also met many S's who trip over their own two feet.

EDIT: A really good way to help sorting your type out, is to hang around this place for a while. Post in other threads, get to know others. In turn, they'll get to know you. After a few months, making a type me thread will likely be much more productive. By that point people will have a decent foundation to work with, and can reference things you may have said or done previously, and see how it matches up with any sort of question people ask you at current.

Yea, I was waiting for somebody to say that. lol, I agree, I think adding stereo-types to each function actually confuses allot of individuals trying to figure out their MBTI. Yea, that was my thinking process, to basically open up conversations and see how I react and what others say. Its been, really helpful!