• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hello. It's me, I was wondering if you'd like to have a go at typing me

SwimmerGal97

1.If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?

This sounds incredibly ungrateful but my childhood was brilliant. I was loved and cared for and had everything I needed and practically everything I wanted. But I’ve never had to struggle or fight for anything in my life and I believe that to be character building and if you’ve never fought for something you’re going to struggle standing on your own two feet when all that support goes. I have very little in the way of ‘real life’ experience. I went to grammar school where it’s all academic. I hate it and found (I’m still at sixth form there so I should say find) it very unstimulating, I hate sitting down learning things from a book or powerpoint all day and it worries me that in filling my head with all this ‘clever’ stuff, I have no clue about the world. If I could change anything, it would be so I could fight for something instead of having everything handed to me on a plate and being cuddled. That’s no good in the long run.

2.Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why?

Hell yes I rehearse what I’m going to say. And predict what they could say and how I could respond. I do it firstly so I know what I want the outcome of the conversation to be but secondly so I don’t make a fool of myself. I hate making phone calls. Texting is good, you can take your time finding the perfect response and can be like ‘oh sorry I didn’t get your message straight away’. Face to face is also good as you can read cues and see expressions. The phone is hard, it’s like the worst bit of both: you can’t see them like when you're texting AND you’re on the spot like you are in person.

3.If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?

Mind reading. I’d say mind manipulation but its much more fun to know what people are thinking and use that to manipulate them. And I imagine it would be nice to just sit listening to their thoughts. Especially in an exam.

4.What do you value most in a friendship?

Honesty. 100% honesty and no sugar coating the truth. That’s all I ask of friends and anybody actually. I also feel ‘in jokes’ are a big part of my friendships along with secrets (sounds contradictory to my first point but I’m nosey and like people to tell me things. I never said I wasn’t a lying hypocrite!)

5.What does your life say about you?

From the outside it says I’m a mess. However although it looks random, things do and will fit together eventually. I like to think it says ‘I sail my own course and no one can tell me what to do’.

6.Are you security oriented? Ready to protect yourself, those close to you and your resources?

It’s a tough one. I am protective. I can be overbearing and a little forceful when I’m worried. I will do what I believe is right. Often there’s a gut feeling regarding this however I weigh the pro’s and con’s. I was recently in a very tough position where on both sides there was the outcome of protecting and hurting different groups or people. My gut reaction when I found out about the situation was ‘this is wrong’ but I didn’t do anything straight away. I weighed the pros and cons (keep the secret and put a friend at a lot of risk from herself as well as the small possibility of putting many others at risk (even though my judgement said this was a small risk I’m not an authority on it and I have no right to make those decisions) or tell and protect thelarge group but lose my friend even though that sacrifice could save her but telling would be knowingly destroying peoples lives. I’d like to say it was a horrible situation I had sleepless nights and tears over but it wasn’t. I felt stimulated. I had a problem to solve. People depending on me 24/7. And a huge secret. I’m even ashamed to say I did make the best of this bad situation and got myself some benefits from it. That sort of situation where regardless of my opinion and feeling I had to do the right thing to protect the majority, I’ve come to realise, is the sort of situation I thrive in. The tough decisions. Staying strong. So I guess I am security oriented? But not necessarily my own…I like excitement and crises and drama.

7.Do you tend to be introverted?

I am quiet. Not shy or quiet in voice I just don’t talk unnecessarily. I hate small talk and would rather have a proper conversation with someone. I also don’t go out a great deal (at 18 the activity of choice of people my age seems to be clubbing. I hate it.)

8.Do you understand money? Securities? Investments?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no. Not a clue.

9.Do you tend to plan for the future? Ready for emergencies?

I love imagining the future. All the possibilities. And I’m always prepared for emergencies. Choking friend at a meal? I'm ready. Robbers in the house when I’m home alone? The plan is prepared. Zombie apocalypse? Bring it ooooon.

10.Do you define yourself through a romantic or close partnership? Is closeness with another person of paramount importance?

Er no I would never define myself through another person. I am me and don’t need anyone to make me significant I’m quite capable of doing that myself.

11.Do you have an urge to merge? Do you "lose yourself" with an important other at times?

Yes I do. As you can tell from the previous question I wouldn’t define myself by my relationships but I connect with people. Often unexpected people and I’ve always connected with those in authority such as teachers and sports coaches. Sometimes this is through looks across a classroom (my bio teachers great- some of the girls in my class will be talking gossipy nonsense across the room and generally acting weird and my teacher and I will look at eachother and share a look. Unspoken conversations are my forte), other times its one-on-one conversations (again weirdly with teachers… I’ve always been a teachers pet :L but I can go to talk to my mentor about my uni application and then we’ll end up sat down in his classroom having a heart to heart and he’ll open up and the tears will start (his not mine I should add), finishing sentences and then by the end of the convo words aren’t even needed. Just a look and ‘yeah…’ and I know what they’re saying. Similarly I was talking to the child protection officer at our school and she’s the tough protective intimidating kind to most but it ended up with me sat in her big comfy powerful chair at her computer behind her desk and her sat in the plastic one in front of the desk and telling me how she still feels shakes and feels shaken over some protection issues and then we had a giggle over a crack I made about her love of wine.)

12.What makes you feel inferior?

I wouldn’t say feeling inferior, I generally don’t feel like that, but I hate being patronised and mollycoddled and the rest. I don’t like being treated like a child even though really I still am one. And I really hate it when people think I'm shy and treat me like I'm fragile.

13.When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I’m taking this to mean a group project. Quite simply: I’m in charge. I will manage it, decide what we do, allocate the work, design the outcome be it a poster, presentation or whatever. I can be…domineering and overbearing yes but I want things done the best way. I don’t think I’m a cold leader though- I always make sure I connect with every member of the group to make sure they understand.

14.What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Rude people. Closed minded people. People who show no empathy or don’t think about the consequences of their actions.

15.Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Other people.