• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Se or Ne? Neither? Help? (This is long. Too long for most)

InvaderZoom

Enneagram
What feelings do they give you? What are you looking to feel when you put in a movie?

I really don't know..I don't think I can really generalize it or put it into words. Movies get more of an emotional response from me than anything that happens in real life, but it's only in that moment, and it never happens twice on a rewatch or trigger.

Last edited:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't really lurked around here, but I've spent time in groups on reddit, the subs on personalitycafe, and groups on facebook. I'd say the only groups I didn't really enjoy were the ISTJ ones. They were just..uninteresting. The INTJ groups that actually had INTJs were good. The INTP groups that didn't revolve around trolling were interesting. Although I did want a slightly more focused atmosphere. The ISTP ones were also good, probably because there's a focus on their Ti and Ni online.

This is hard to answer. I watch TV because it's easy entertainment. I enjoy the visual stimulation. Most of the shows I watch I don't really have to pay attention to. I'll be reading up on whatever I'm interested in at the moment while the show is going.

I've never really thought about why I enjoy movies. It likely is the feelings they give me. I like a good story, but I prefer to receive it through visuals. I like reading, but I have a hard time committing to it.

Interests is not really type dependent. Which type are your interactions similiar to? 2 ISTJs may bore the hell out of each other, but styles and personality are the same.

I have an easier time discussing things with an INTJ then an ISTJ due to focus of how we discuss things. It's very conceptual based, I have a harder time with ISTJ because it's details vs conceptual.

I got visuals over feelings, etc. Trying to pinpoint you with others I know and their type.

Ti and Ni come out alot more online, in life its just what we live by, not always speak. Will process it some more. Your answers actually help...not so much what you say, but your focus. You reasoning ability, etc. You can tell alot about people not by what they say, but by where their focus goes, how they reason, etc. 5 hose are the things that questionnaires on paper can't do, at best they give you a 1 to 5 scale for your "I can see many different possibilities" answers.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I really don't know..I don't think I can really generalize it or put it into words. Movies get more of an emotional response from me than anything that happens in real life, but it's only in that moment, and it never happens twice on a rewatch or trigger.

That is very interesting, thanks for sharing. I can't type you, I was just curious about this specific thing.

InvaderZoom

Enneagram
Interests is not really type dependent. Which type are your interactions similiar to? 2 ISTJs may bore the hell out of each other, but styles and personality are the same.

I have an easier time discussing things with an INTJ then an ISTJ due to focus of how we discuss things. It's very conceptual based, I have a harder time with ISTJ because it's details vs conceptual.

I got visuals over feelings, etc. Trying to pinpoint you with others I know and their type.

Ti and Ni come out alot more online, in life its just what we live by, not always speak. Will process it some more. Your answers actually help...not so much what you say, but your focus. You reasoning ability, etc. You can tell alot about people not by what they say, but by where their focus goes, how they reason, etc. 5 hose are the things that questionnaires on paper can't do, at best they give you a 1 to 5 scale for your "I can see many different possibilities" answers.
[MENTION=12103]Poki[/MENTION]

I'd say my interaction style is somewhere between ISTP and INTJ. It's focused, direct, but sometimes vague depending on the topic or the information being discussed. My words are very deliberate. I don't speak up unless I have something to say, and I know that what I'm saying is correct. I don't really talk details unless someone insists on them, but I find it frustrating. I prefer to simplify things. When I can't I will typically decide that it's not worth saying. This is especially true when explaining an idea.
When someone does something stupid, my first response is usually "Why?". It's obvious that it was stupid, but I'm not going to address that directly until I know the reasoning behind it. I'm in a family of ISTJs, and their general response is to tell the person right away and meddle.

Last edited:

InvaderZoom

Enneagram
Some friends and acquaintances said a few things to me today

I guess it's become a joke that I don't contact people unless I want something from them.
An ENTJ acquaintance told me that I was an enigma, and described me as very aloof
I'm not good at NOT knowing what I want as it drives me insane. I need closure with things
My solution to stress is overeating or buying things
I quickly get bored of things
I get stuck in a rut of familiarity, but that is driven by an anxiety disorder. I don't think it can be attributed to functions. I actually hate sameness, I just don't know how to get out of it because of the social aspect. It takes a lot of effort to even leave my apartment for work.

Last edited:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Possibly a depressed ISTP. I would say get out and enjoy life if you are an istp.