• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help typing a friend. ENxx?

supersleuth

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm having a really hard typing a problematic friend I have known for some years now. I'm positive she is an ENxx, but the last two letters are evading me. This friend just seems really contradictory, and I'd like some suggestions as to what would most likely be her personality type.

These are some of her personality characteristics. Most of them are negative:
-Doesn't have a huge number of friends, but is always the center of attention in social situations.
-Very exaggerated body language and dramatic speech.
-Easily excited, overly-enthusiastic. Often runs away with ideas or words without thinking them through first. Can cause her to make rash decisions or come across as awkward.
-Highly critical of others. Quick to pass judgment. Has been labeled "harsh" and "heartless" by some people and "silly" and "bubbly" by others.
-Quite overbearing at times; very opinionated, gets upset when people don't agree.
-Dislikes those who don't agree with her, while believing she is tolerant of others.
-Loves new experiences
-highly intellectual, intelligent, and confident
-A bit of a social chameleon. Acts in certain ways to impress the people she is with.
-Often hurts other people, yet highly sensitive herself. Feelings easily hurt.
-Will not admit fault or compromise when angry. Tends toward manipulation and giving the "cold shoulder"

As you can see, I'm a bit baffled. Some days I'm sure she is an ENTJ. Other days, ENTP....and other days ENFJ. I really need some closure on this XD

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm thinking ENFJ. Actually a lot of what you listed applies to my ENFJ 3w2 bestie.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
On first read I thought for sure she was an ENTP, but I think the overly sensitive aspect of her, as well as the manipulative nature would make her more of an ENFJ, maybe ENFP?

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought ENFP....my ENFP is fun and happy, but extremely opinionated and brutal to anyone who won't agree with her, but believes she is open minded.

She also is an experience junkie.

She is also the center of social situations, but is secretly very uncomfortable with others (she can't eat at the same table with almost anyone, for example)

Her feelings are also hurt very easily, but she isn't concerned about hurting others like an ENFJ.....

purplesocks

MBTI Type
ExFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I second [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] with ENFJ. I was thinking that earlier, while reading your thread, but I'm hesitant to type anyone that I'm not directly communicating with.

Teal

MBTI Type
exfx
ENFP

(1) ENFP's are all about protecting their value system which is why they are easily offended, harsh at times, and are more than capable of hurting people.
(2) Most ENFP's want to be at peace with others. This is mainly because they potentially want to inspire them. However, if they are offended, they can use their strong intuition to harm others. They are also very reasonable people. They don't go around harming people without first being provoked.
(3) The "social chameleon" trait is due to a strong preference to perceiving over judging. In other words she's adaptable by nature.
(4) She's obviously an Fi (Internal Feeler) almost instantaneously after she observes other people's behaviors.

*ENFPs function first through external intuition (observation), then internal feeling (calculating other's feelings second to her own, if at all), onto external thinking (processing out loud/talking and sharing to everyone who kind of cares) and lastly to internal sensing (where they record their experience along with the outcomes of it).

This girl sounds almost identical to me except for the last part that you mentioned about the "cold shoulder". As I said before, "ENFPs like to be at peace with others" (UNLESS their values are put down, then beware the wrath of the ENFP).