• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

About this 4 letter thing

purplesocks type

• ISFP

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • INTJ

• INFP

• INTP

• ISFJ

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ISTJ

• Total voters

purplesocks

MBTI Type
ExFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?

I would be shocked that they felt they couldn't tell me this and thought they had to just leave instead. I would of thought that after all that time together that they would know me better. Even if we would have to postpone the wedding, I would still want to be there for them when they go through treatmemts. I guess they figured they'd be a burden, or simply that their life was coming to an end soon, and our future together would be over. I would want them to know that I want them to fight it, and there's a chance they can beat the cancer. If they do want space, I would be fine with that. I just would have wanted them to be upfront about what was going on, instead of just fleeing out of nowhere, leaving me confused.

SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

- Describe the flow of your decision making process.

I would help. I mean, if I didn't, they'd probably just have to take the class over again anyway, which I think would be a huge waste of their time. I'm guessing it wouldn't be much of an inconvenience for me, if I'm grasping the material well. At least they realize their shortcomings, although next time they should ask someone for help sooner, so they don't find themselves in this position. I don't mind helping them learn the material, as long as they are putting in an effort and not copying my work. What the teacher doesn't know won't hurt them. "Teachers call it cheating, we call it teamwork."

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

Project 2. I prefer to work alone, as opposed to working in a group. I think I'm more productive that way. It causes less arguments and confusion, and it is easier for me to think things through. I find it interesting to research things for the knowledge of understanding, so it wouldn't be straining for me. I would be glad to know that there would no longer be any confusion around the subject.

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.

I would be happy that I have such a good group to work with. I would probably be more on the quiet side, since I would be listening to all the different things they are saying and trying to decide which ones are the most useful and are something we could accomplish. I would restate the ones I feel are good suggestions, maybe offer some thoughts of my own on how we could do it, and ask where we want to begin.

SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?

- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?

I would definitely want to watch some TV. It would feel so good to just lay down and do nothing, while I watch some shows. It would be nice to hang with my one of my friends, maybe get some food, possibly have some drinks, maybe take a walk, and just be able to chill.

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?

- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?

Musician, entrepreneur, teacher. It was pretty easy for me to pick. These were the only ones I could really picture myself as. I play guitar already, I can read music well, and I write song lyrics from time to time, so I thought musician wouldn't be much of a stretch and would be something I would enjoy. Entrepreneur interests me, because I could be my own boss and run my own business. I also chose teacher, because I get to extend my knowledge to other people and do it in the manner that I choose.

Last edited:

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Idk you seem Fi like to me. I have no clue if you're a sensor or intuitive, so I guess you should look up some things about both IXFPS and see which fits you better.

I'm mainly basing this off the first two questions.

purplesocks

MBTI Type
ExFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Idk you seem Fi like to me. I have no clue if you're a sensor or intuitive, so I guess you should look up some things about both IXFPS and see which fits you better.

I'm mainly basing this off the first two questions.

Are the rest of the answers inconclusive? What specifically seemed Fi about the first 2?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are the rest of the answers inconclusive? What specifically seemed Fi about the first 2?

This is only going by what you've written, but I think you focus on personal values a lot when making decisions. This sentence you wrote screamed Fi to me

"At least they realize their shortcomings, although next time they should ask someone for help sooner, so they don't find themselves in this position. I don't mind helping them learn the material, as long as they are putting in an effort and not copying my work."

Does Fi dom fit you?

In scenario one it looks like your tried to put yourself into their shoes which is something people with higher Fi do.

purplesocks

MBTI Type
ExFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is only going by what you've written, but I think you focus on personal values a lot when making decisions. This sentence you wrote screamed Fi to me

"At least they realize their shortcomings, although next time they should ask someone for help sooner, so they don't find themselves in this position. I don't mind helping them learn the material, as long as they are putting in an effort and not copying my work."

Does Fi dom fit you?

In scenario one it looks like your tried to put yourself into their shoes which is something people with higher Fi do.

:shrug: I don't know. From my understanding of Fi, I'm not sure the function applies too much to me. Did you see any evidence of Te, in my responses, to back this up?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:shrug: I don't know. From my understanding of Fi, I'm not sure the function applies too much to me. Did you see any evidence of Te, in my responses, to back this up?

Not really, but that doesn't necessarily mean you don't have high Te. Since Te and Fi work together I could've seen Fi on the feeling questions.

Do you think you're more Te?

purplesocks

MBTI Type
ExFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not really, but that doesn't necessarily mean you don't have high Te. Since Te and Fi work together I could've seen Fi on the feeling questions.

Do you think you're more Te?

No. I just know that if a person uses Fi, then they also use Te. Therefore, both would be present in a person's function stack. That's why I asked. I'm not sure if I use either, but that's not to say that I don't. Makes sense, yes?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. I just know that if a person uses Fi, then they also use Te. Therefore, both would be present in a person's function stack. That's why I asked. I'm not sure if I use either, but that's not to say that I don't. Makes sense, yes?

Yeah, it makes sense. So you aren't leaning towards any functions at all?

I'll definitely need more information. I personally think the best way to type someone is see which functions they relate to and why, but if you don't then I'll ask you some questions.

How do you make most decisions that affect major aspects of your life?

What do you want to get most out of life?

What are a couple things you would want to be better at and why?

What makes a person important?

purplesocks

MBTI Type
ExFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, it makes sense. So you aren't leaning towards any functions at all?

I'll definitely need more information. I personally think the best way to type someone is see which functions they relate to and why, but if you don't then I'll ask you some questions.

How do you make most decisions that affect major aspects of your life?

What do you want to get most out of life?

What are a couple things you would want to be better at and why?

What makes a person important?

I like to collect a lot of information on things, and then run it by people that I trust. I doubt many of my decisions often, even after I make them.

I don't really know what all I want out of life, yet. I've definitely been re-evaluating what's important to me time and time again.

It would be great if I was better at time management.

Everyone's important to someone or something. People are important to their family, their friends, the company or people they work for, and everyone contributes something to the planet.

purplesocks

MBTI Type
ExFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] Since you're looking to grow your Fe function, you could help me figure out my type. ;) That is, if you're willing and able.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's hard to tell from the scenarios alone. As a broken Fe type who relates to Fi more than Fe but is still Fe, I can relate to multiple aspects of some of your scenarios. Preferring to work alone, wanting to just do nothing and chill on a weekend, etc. etc. I'm not very good at identifying functions in myself let alone other people, but I think you might be some kind of feeler. Maybe some Si somewhere... Maybe an INFP? I'm probably totally wrong.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's hard to tell from the scenarios alone. As a broken Fe type who relates to Fi more than Fe but is still Fe, I can relate to multiple aspects of some of your scenarios. Preferring to work alone, wanting to just do nothing and chill on a weekend, etc. etc. I'm not very good at identifying functions in myself let alone other people, but I think you might be some kind of feeler. Maybe some Si somewhere... Maybe an INFP? I'm probably totally wrong.

That's what I got from the information given.

Purplesocks, do you relate to infp?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to think you were an ISFP but now it seems apparent that you're an ISFJ.

I see you use more Fe/Ti than Fi/Te even though there was a mix. I saw a dominance over the other pair.

I was reading some of your others posts and it seems clear you use Fe over Fi.

Good for you. I like to see more Fe users on the forum. :)

purplesocks

MBTI Type
ExFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That's what I got from the information given.

Purplesocks, do you relate to infp?

Not really, no.

- - - Updated - - -

I used to think you were an ISFP but now it seems apparent that you're an ISFJ.

I see you use more Fe/Ti than Fi/Te even though there was a mix. I saw a dominance over the other pair.

I was reading some of your others posts and it seems clear you use Fe over Fi.

Good for you. I like to see more Fe users on the forum. :)

Power to the Fe!!!

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, I was about to say you seem like an INFP, as your feeling and thinking processes appeared so similar to that type - but of course, I could be wrong. :alttongue:

You do seem to be an IxFx to me, in any case.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=26601]purplesocks[/MENTION] Okay so no INFP. What about it to you not relate to?

purplesocks

MBTI Type
ExFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=26601]purplesocks[/MENTION] Okay so no INFP. What about it to you not relate to?

I'm not extremely idealistic or sensitive. I don't relate to Ne, either. It just doesn't seem to fit.

purplesocks

MBTI Type
ExFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION]'s joke about tumblr made me actually get back into wanting to use it again, so you guys can use my blog in my signature to get inside my mind a bit.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION]'s joke about tumblr made me actually get back into wanting to use it again, so you guys can use my blog in my signature to get inside my mind a bit.

Because you used me in order to endorse your blog, 50% of everything earned, including endorsements, advertising and miscellaneous revenue goes to me. But if it's a non-profit blog, I get half of nothing >:)

Also, it seems like I was right about you being an NFP, even if I was kidding at the start ;)

purplesocks

MBTI Type
ExFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Because you used me in order to endorse your blog, 50% of everything earned, including endorsements, advertising and miscellaneous revenue goes to me. But if it's a non-profit blog, I get half of nothing >:)

Also, it seems like I was right about you being an NFP, even if I was kidding at the start ;)

Should we sign a binding contract? I'm willing to pay you in monopoly money.