• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Legitimate Type Me Thread

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
You're the kind of person that replies to himself in a thread in a forum about an extremely flawed personality test because you somehow think you need to confirm your beliefs that you are the person you wish you were and to confirm that belief you need to hear that from others. I hope I answered your question. Have a good day OP.

Sil

This is a test.
You're the kind of person that replies to himself in a thread in a forum about an extremely flawed personality test because you somehow think you need to confirm your beliefs that you are the person you wish you were and to confirm that belief you need to hear that from others. I hope I answered your question. Have a good day OP.

Hahaha. Don't waste your time on my account.

Sil

This is a test.
Hell, you yourself used that expression, I just quoted you. You used it in post #15. :doh:

Hm?

Give me an example of such a description by yourself.

More exciting but not always a focus?

Here's a description from another thread. It was describing my relationship with emotions and how I indulge in them as a past time when bored. Third paragraph is what you need.

Entirely different. Think of it as an adrenaline rush gained through emotional indulgence. I find that I really connect with the present moment when I just let myself experience the full force of my emotions. I don't mean acting out on them; I just mean letting them take storm internally and reveling in the sheer FEELING of emotions.

So when I am bored or feeling stagnated, I dredge up strong emotional points for myself and sort of drown myself in them mentally. I live out the emotions in my head and get wrapped up in experiencing them as a sort of physical sensation.

Think of it like slipping into a hot bath that is so hot it's almost unbearable. But instead of getting out you continue to lie there are enjoy being on the edge of discomfort. Because the line between comfort and discomfort is so close you don't have the ability to think about anything other than the sensation itself. Your mind is entirely focused on a single, solitary experience.

That is what I enjoy about emotions.

Not sure if that gives you a better picture.

In the day to day I'm not actively using Si. Si is primarily involuntary for me.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hm. After reading through this thread again, I'm starting to feel like ENTJ is a good fit. Te/Fi for sure, but I'm seeing more Ni/Se than Si/Ne.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Here's a description from another thread. It was describing my relationship with emotions and how I indulge in them as a past time when bored. Third paragraph is what you need.

In the day to day I'm not actively using Si. Si is primarily involuntary for me.

OK yeah forget ESTJ.

N + Te/Fi does work for you.

ENFP or if you are really that good on Te then ENTJ

Sil

This is a test.
Hm. After reading through this thread again, I'm starting to feel like ENTJ is a good fit. Te/Fi for sure, but I'm seeing more Ni/Se than Si/Ne.

Would you be so kind as to explain where you are seeing Se/Ni?

I don't see it myself so I'm curious.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Would you be so kind as to explain where you are seeing Se/Ni?

I don't see it myself so I'm curious.

The bulk of it comes from the whole part about planning. Kind of like what [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] mention in the ask an ESTJ thread. Si doesn't plan 20 years ahead. That seems like much more of an Ni characteristic to me. If I plan ahead at all, it's only a few years. I can't see that far ahead of me. I don't know what obstacles the future may bring that I could be unprepared for, so my long-term plans are more of a general, loose picture than a structured 20 year plan, and even then I don't know for sure where I'll end up.

It also has to do with the Si being involuntary. The word "involuntary" makes it sound like something that you do against your will, with a negative connotation--could just be me interpreting word choice poorly. As an Si dom (which would of course be different from aux), Si is in a way "involuntary", but it isn't the word I would use since I'm interpreting it as negative... it's more like... unconscious. Constantly acting. Never stops. It is how I perceive the world, literally all the time, like a ticking clock. It wouldn't be as extreme for an ESxJ, I don't think, since it's their auxillary--but it would still have quite a bit of weight.

Your previous quote in particular makes a good example:
I see where I want to be and then I fill in alternative pathways to get there as I move through the present.
This seems very Ni/Se to me, especially if you're seeing the where you want to be many years into the future. :)
As an Si-dom, if I make a plan and something unexpected happens, it's harder for me to find alternative pathways. It's more like my entire plan has come crumbling down, and it's not until the inferior Ne activates that I'm able to try and brainstorm a way through/around it. It is not something that comes naturally or easily to me. I rely on the predictable and I rely on stability and consistency when I make plans. That is the foundation. If that foundation crumbles, I am lost.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In general, [MENTION=22628]Sil[/MENTION], while you say you relate strongly to Si descriptions, you seem like the sort of person where, if nothing was based on precedent and everything was different, you would roll with it, not stress out, and calmly try an alternate method. Which is absolutely not an Si-aux way to react. ESxJs are so strongly invested in our modus operandi, that we have a very hard time being flexible about it.

Not to mention the fact that I almost never relate to the way you describe your thought processes.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
In general, [MENTION=22628]Sil[/MENTION], while you say you relate strongly to Si descriptions, you seem like the sort of person where, if nothing was based on precedent and everything was different, you would roll with it, not stress out, and calmly try an alternate method. Which is absolutely not an Si-aux way to react. ESxJs are so strongly invested in our modus operandi, that we have a very hard time being flexible about it.

Not to mention the fact that I almost never relate to the way you describe your thought processes.

Actually the way Sil claims he relates to Si isn't even Si.

Jaguar

I work from a 10-20 year perspective.

Many STJs I know have an even longer view than 10-20. By planning that far ahead it ensures security and stability. If they didn't plan that far ahead, the long-term security and stability they seek could never even be achieved. How could anyone create a financial plan for their family's needs or their career without a long-term perspective? How could one plan ahead for college? Getting married? Starting a family? These are plans that many people make to ensure stability in their lives. It's nothing extraordinary.

Sil

This is a test.
The bulk of it comes from the whole part about planning. Kind of like what [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] mention in the ask an ESTJ thread. Si doesn't plan 20 years ahead. That seems like much more of an Ni characteristic to me. If I plan ahead at all, it's only a few years. I can't see that far ahead of me. I don't know what obstacles the future may bring that I could be unprepared for, so my long-term plans are more of a general, loose picture than a structured 20 year plan, and even then I don't know for sure where I'll end up.

Hmmm. It sounds like we're not that different, though. I don't have every year of every part of the 20 year future planned out. I just have end game goals that I work towards. What happens between now and then isn't completely planned, and I'm flexible how it plays out so long as I continue to move towards the end goal at an acceptable pace.

I don't think about future obstacles because I don't see them affecting my end goals. They're just new challenges or circumstances that need to be factored in and utilized. It's like playing chess, I guess. The goal is to win and that doesn't change, but that tactics used to get there can be fluid and responsive.

It also has to do with the Si being involuntary. The word "involuntary" makes it sound like something that you do against your will, with a negative connotation--could just be me interpreting word choice poorly. As an Si dom (which would of course be different from aux), Si is in a way "involuntary", but it isn't the word I would use since I'm interpreting it as negative... it's more like... unconscious. Constantly acting. Never stops. It is how I perceive the world, literally all the time, like a ticking clock. It wouldn't be as extreme for an ESxJ, I don't think, since it's their auxillary--but it would still have quite a bit of weight.

You're over thinking the meaning of involuntarily. What I mean is that I don't control when I experience gut sensations or what external stimuli triggers emotional sensations. I can control emotional sensations for fun when I know confirmed triggers, but by and large it is something that happens without needing me to actively do anything. From what I've read, that doesn't negate Si.

Your previous quote in particular makes a good example:

This seems very Ni/Se to me, especially if you're seeing the where you want to be many years into the future. :)

Could this also be Needed, though? Considering multiple alternative possibilities and then using Te to filter them as circumstances change?

As an Si-dom, if I make a plan and something unexpected happens, it's harder for me to find alternative pathways. It's more like my entire plan has come crumbling down, and it's not until the inferior Ne activates that I'm able to try and brainstorm a way through/around it. It is not something that comes naturally or easily to me. I rely on the predictable and I rely on stability and consistency when I make plans. That is the foundation. If that foundation crumbles, I am lost.

Interesting! Okay, that is definitely very different for me. So for you, if the primary planned path fails, you have to struggle to engage your Ne and explore new alternative paths.

Do you find yourself looking back towards your original plan at all or wishing the first option had worked out, even as you try a new possibility? Also, how do you go about exploring new possibilities? What do you do to find them?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm. It sounds like we're not that different, though. I don't have every year of every part of the 20 year future planned out. I just have end game goals that I work towards. What happens between now and then isn't completely planned, and I'm flexible how it plays out so long as I continue to move towards the end goal at an acceptable pace.

I don't think about future obstacles because I don't see them affecting my end goals. They're just new challenges or circumstances that need to be factored in and utilized. It's like playing chess, I guess. The goal is to win and that doesn't change, but that tactics used to get there can be fluid and responsive.
This sounds very ENTJ to me.

Could this also be Needed, though? Considering multiple alternative possibilities and then using Te to filter them as circumstances change?
Kind of? One of my weaknesses is only planning for one or two of the most likely scenarios, and then getting thrown off if things don't work that way. My planning is not very fluid.

The Ne-use in my planning relates to what I'm going to do, vs. what could happen. (Most Ne ideas re: what could happen are dismissed by my Si as unlikely, based on precedent, and therefore are dismissed.) I filter all my ideas of what I could do next, through my Te/Si filter -- making sure the plan is realistic, efficient, and meets all my other needs and standards. This is a big part of the "tactician vs. strategist" dichotomy that often gets thrown around to distinguish ESTJs and ENTJs.

Sil

This is a test.
Many STJs I know have an even longer view than 10-20. By planning that far ahead it ensures security and stability. If they didn't plan that far ahead, the long-term security and stability they seek could never even be achieved. How could anyone create a financial plan for their family's needs or their career without a long-term perspective? How could one plan ahead for college? Getting married? Starting a family? These are plans that many people make to ensure stability in their lives. It's nothing extraordinary.

Very good points. However, I think maybe cases like financial planning are less indicative of cog function. There are numerous other external factors that influence things like that.

However, I think you are right in that the motivations are good indicators. For an STJ, much of the life planning might stem from a desire for stability and control.

For me, it has almost nothing to do with stability. It's more about the fact that there are a lot of exciting possibilities for what to do with life and I can't settle on just one or two and be okay with that. So I have more I want to do; only, in order to try on all these futures, I have to be much more planned about my life than I might otherwise be. Or else I will lose track and miss exploring some of these life possibilities.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
[MENTION=22628]Sil[/MENTION]

To be honest you are an interesting puzzle.

But there is something that I would really like to know: Have you figured your Enneagram type ?

Jaguar

This sounds very ENTJ to me.

Indeed. One who is about to file a corporate bankruptcy for not seeing future implications and strategizing accordingly. In short - Ni that died.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Indeed. One who is about to file a corporate bankruptcy for not seeing future implications and strategizing accordingly. In short - Ni that died.
Ni =/= good at financial planning.

The part that sounded ENTJ to me was this:

It's like playing chess, I guess. The goal is to win and that doesn't change, but that tactics used to get there can be fluid and responsive.

What do you think Sil's type is?

Jaguar

Ni =/= good at financial planning.

Seeing future implications is what I posted. To not see future implications can run a company right into the ground and/or get a CEO shit-canned. And rightfully so. Thinking in terms of future implications is how some people's brains are wired. Mine is. I'm working with an ISTJ who couldn't see future implications to save his own life. Consequently, everything he set up is turning into a total disaster which I knew was going to happen. Frankly, I'll be amazed if I don't sue him for stupidity. "Well I've never seen X happen before, so . . ." What kind of thinking is that? Dealing with the guy is like forcing me to drive a car looking in my rear-view mirror, driving the car in reverse, or having wheels spinning around going nowhere in the snow.

As for this person's type? If I had a dollar for every FP who thinks they're a TJ . . . but it's their decision to make.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As for this person's type? If I had a dollar for every FP who thinks they're a TJ . . . but it's their decision to make.
I could see some kind of SFP, maybe. Poor Ni use, instead of no Ni use altogether. Would explain why [MENTION=22628]Sil[/MENTION]'s descriptions of Fi seem so connected to physical experience. That would be Se+Fi.

Jaguar

I could see some kind of SFP, maybe. Poor Ni use, instead of no Ni use altogether. Would explain why [MENTION=22628]Sil[/MENTION]'s descriptions of Fi seem so connected to physical experience. That would be Se+Fi.

Hint:
For me, it has almost nothing to do with stability. It's more about the fact that there are a lot of exciting possibilities for what to do with life and I can't settle on just one or two and be okay with that. So I have more I want to do; only, in order to try on all these futures, I have to be much more planned about my life than I might otherwise be. Or else I will lose track and miss exploring some of these life possibilities.