• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I would love some help finalizing my type

j colour

MBTI Type
IXFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hello All

I am an IXFP and I was wondering if you guys could help finalize that X. The first time I took the test a while ago I was and ENFP and then I took it again learning I was an Introvert INFP and now I am in the middle of N and S. I have a hard time with the test because they are so transparent to me. I am also learning where I draw the lines with Theory. I love theory, ideas, concepts and abstracts as an N dom does, so I have always checked I prefer those to facts, but I am started to think that I think about it differently, because to say a sensor doesn't enjoy the abstract is not true. I love out there ideas and then to find where it is grounded if it's not grounded or if I don't approve of the grounding facts that it is based on I move on. I enjoy abstract art for how it makes me feel and the colors textures composition also i like to see what I can make out of it i.e finding a face or a balloon no different then looking at clouds and finding a dragon or a familiar persons face in the shape. I am all about some radiohead , nirvana, or a david lynch film which are all very N but I also am about dylan, jimi, and a Tarantino film.

I wrote a post a little bit ago and I got a mixed bag of Se and Ne mainly Se but I just want double check because I felt like I wrote it a bit bias towards Se- Sorry if I annoy any of those people who already answered

ask any questions that you would like i might be giving you shit to analyze. Thanks guys !

here is a question i filled out. Sorry i can't get the picture but its a canyon

Scenario 7

- Describe the main things that stand out to you in this picture.
Walking through the thought process
It's big and a lot to look at and I should break it down
The angles and jaggedness of the rock
which took me to a little a place on a rock face that was light and I was thinking it would be cool if there was way more water - to cliff dive but then i was like that is really high up maybe it would be cool if a bird would land there -it was in the pursuit of creating contrast

I then turned to the colors of teal on the left side which took me to the trees which took me to what's going on here we have some lord of the rings type thing going on.
which took me to the green shading from the trees across the water to the purple water which kind formed a Northern lights look
and that If i were there I would probably be in the dark water on the rocks and that would be cool and i had feelings of beauty and exhilaration set in my stomach which took me to the light and the corner, so I was thinking that would be awesome to go around the corner and see what was there this- i would probably be on a raft- it has a treasure hunt feel to the whole picture and then I started noticing that picture actually looked graphic as i felt -it all felt like i was looking at a video game a specific one which i can't think of the name of -oh and it also reminds me of king kong .

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Idk which one you are either. No wonder you're having trouble.

The way you described the picture sounds both Se and Ne like. I want to say you're ISFP since you said you look for how to ground ideas, and if you can't ground them then you move on.

j colour

MBTI Type
IXFP
Enneagram
4w5
[MENTION=25892]Smilephantomhive[/MENTION]
Here is another example of an Idea combusting

I went into my elevator and I was looking at the flooring of the elevator and noticing the dots like polka dots but in a grid formation and then It took me back to this room in a haunted house I was in when I was a child where the room was all black lit with green polka dots everywhere and then people came out of the walls in clothes that were blending into the walls I then thought it would be a cool Idea for an art piece to an elevator black lit with green polka dots and different figures all around like birds and trees and well there could be a lot of different things it could be a cool scene in a film or to describe in a song idk its just a cool idea at the least.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Still seems Se.

Anyone else have an idea?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Sounds a bit more like Ne to me.

rmrf

Have you tried any Jung function tests as this can be very helpful in determining your type. I'd recommend posting your results of this. Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

I think your probably on the border of ISFP-INFP. I think a lot of the sensor aspects of your descriptions, especially the latter, are Si not Se. I can at least intuitively detect a Ne-Si axis. In terms of aesthetics and art, do you find verbal media like poetry, novels, plays more salient forms of expression than paintings/photographs. What 'speaks' more to you? It's obviously not a definitive gauge, but verbal expression is more characteristic of INFP, and visual ISFP.

I think I saw a thread by you a few weeks/months back and recall my impression was INFP. The functions test will help me a lot in giving you a more definitive answer.

j colour

MBTI Type
IXFP
Enneagram
4w5
[MENTION=25594]CognitiveLiberty[/MENTION]
alright I did the best I could -the tests are hard for me because I see through them and know what function they are referring to and also the questions are so pending on the situation in my personal opinion. I really wish you could not answer question so that they wouldn't be weighted

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************************** (35.7)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.3)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.6)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31.4)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.3)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************ (24.6)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.4)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.7)

j colour

MBTI Type
IXFP
Enneagram
4w5
So I took it again and picked my idealized attributes

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************************** (44.5)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) *** (3.2)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.5)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************** (44.4)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************** (20)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************* (37.5)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********** (11.6)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************* (45.5)

rmrf

That definitely seems to point to ISFP. Although the high Ti score in the second one means ISTP could also be possible, but I'd guess ISFP, probably fairly but weak but nonetheless dominant preference for Sensing > Intuition. Do you relate more to the description of ISFP or INFP

j colour

MBTI Type
IXFP
Enneagram
4w5
I really see myself in both I just don't really feel I connect to Si but I might actually use it and need to connect to it way more. Si is traditional and holds meaning and is a link to the past. I dk- i don't really get on with that. I saw this great video where this guy compared Si vs Se and he showed a video of Jeans Claude Van Dam doing the splits on two buses that were moving and that his going within and blocking out everything was Si the video made you feel so relaxed and feel everything inside you calmed down. He then showed a video of an extreme skier going down an steep mountain with a go pro which you watched in first person and that was Se- it has a depersonalization feeling where you don't feel much of you but instead everything around kind of like you are the wind. My preference would be Se cause there is nothing better to me than getting outside your self that's what its all about, but I half way was pushed into sports and half way wanted to play sports when I was a kid, so I might of developed Se out of necessity and Si might be the anchor I have been looking for.

What made you think my descriptions were Si I am very curious?

rmrf

I really see myself in both I just don't really feel I connect to Si but I might actually use it and need to connect to it way more. Si is traditional and holds meaning and is a link to the past. I dk- i don't really get on with that. I saw this great video where this guy compared Si vs Se and he showed a video of Jeans Claude Van Dam doing the splits on two buses that were moving and that his going within and blocking out everything was Si the video made you feel so relaxed and feel everything inside you calmed down. He then showed a video of an extreme skier going down an steep mountain with a go pro which you watched in first person and that was Se- it has a depersonalization feeling where you don't feel much of you but instead everything around kind of like you are the wind. My preference would be Se cause there is nothing better to me than getting outside your self that's what its all about, but I half way was pushed into sports and half way wanted to play sports when I was a kid, so I might of developed Se out of necessity and Si might be the anchor I have been looking for.

What made you think my descriptions were Si I am very curious?

It wasn't predominately Si but it was the "took me back" part of the post that gave me a Si vibe, although thinking about it more, that could well be tertiary Ni - ISFP