• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type do you think I am now?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I want to see what you guys think my types are. I mainly want to focus on enneagram, but if you have ideas for other types then feel free to share.

Here are the types I think I could possibly be.
Type 5- I relate to it because I love learning for the sake of learning, and also try to become knowledgeable to cover up my incompetence.

Type 4- I want to be unique. I don't know why, I guess I think that is how you measure people's worth.

Type 3- I don't want to be worthless, and I like to achieve things. I want others to think I'm amazing, and think that if other people can't appreciate my work than everything I have done is meaningless.

I'm always thinking about the consequences of everything I do.I tend to dwell on things that I shouldn't dwell on such as death. My moods change from extremely happy, to extremely focused, but as long as I believe I have a decent future, then I will be happy. Sometimes I have a positive view of the future, but other times it’s so negative it hurts. I guess you could say that I am either working to better myself, or am lazing around.
I act differently when I am at home and at school. My sisters say I act bossy and assertive, and organized. My mom has this strange idea that I would make a good leader. I don't see myself as bossy, but I guess they have a point since I have bossed my own parents around in the past. But that was because they were not doing what I thought they needed to do.

At school I don’t really say much unless I feel like I need to. I usually do what I am told unless I think it’s pointless and can get away with it. People say I look organized, but I have poor time management. I used to be organized and on top of things when I was younger, but now I’m slacking a little. Part of that is probably because I have a larger workload. Or it could be that I would rather tend to my interests.

I don’t think school is pointless, but I don’t like the fast pace environment. It’s hard for me to truly process and understand the information, so it takes me longer to do things. Thankfully some of my teachers are lenient on grades, and I can get away with turning things in late. But I know life won’t always be like this, so I am working on meeting deadlines. Even though I don’t like the way things work, I understand the importance of education, and take school seriously.

I have a lot of acquaintances, but only two people I would consider friends. I’m really bad at maintaining close relationships with others even with my family. Even with my dog. It’s not that I don’t like people. I love humanity as a whole, and find people interesting. I guess it’s just hard for me to engage in conversation. But I love to talk about my interests despite my poor communication skills.

I’m not sure if I desire an intimate relationship. I’m doing fine right now, but sometimes I find the idea of one endearing especially if I’m reading a book or something.

Fears:

Death- I honestly don’t know what comes after death, but I try and do what I can to postpone death. Even though it can get a bit ridiculous at times.

Disease: This goes hand in hand with death, but it also has another layer to it. I don’t like the thought of people needing to help me do basic things to survive. I want to have the ability to do what I want to do with as little restrictions as possible.

Meaningless life: I want to have a purpose in life, and impact other people in a positive way. If I don’t do this near the end of my life then I would feel like a failure. Working just enough to earn a living without being able to work on my goals would be the worst possible way to live.
One of my most annoying fears is other people’s opinions of me. I know that they don’t matter, and those people can’t hurt me, but I can’t help but worry about what others think of me. This is more true with my family than with strangers. That’s why I can’t wait to move out even though I don’t want a job. But I think getting away from my family would be better for all of us. They make me angry, and I can’t control myself when they make fun of me. Even if they were just joking.

I feel as though my life is controlled by fear.

Interest in Typolgy
I’m honestly not sure why I’m interested in typology. I guess I’m just self absorbed and want to learn more about myself. Its surprisingly entertaining and difficult to type other people. Come to think of it I use typology as a means of procrastination, so I read about it to destress.

I encourage you to ask additional questions if you want.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What instinctual type do you think I am? I'm thinking sp/so.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

So you think ENTJ is accurate?

I'm not opposed to 3w4. I think it may fit more than 5w4, but I'll probably do more research.

[MENTION=10786]Swivelinglight[/MENTION]

I've considered ISTJ, but I don't feel that concrete.

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
So you think ENTJ is accurate?

I'm not opposed to 3w4. I think it may fit more than 5w4, but I'll probably do more research.

@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/10786.html" target="_blank">Swivelinglight</a>

I've considered ISTJ, but I don't feel that concrete.

Take a look at this video, and let me know what you think..

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The preparing for the future part is totally accurate, and I spend a lot of time thinking of ideas before I accept them as true. However I don't find it difficult to come up with ideas.

The optimistic yet pessimistic part is 100% me though.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For mbti I think ISTJ is the best fit, but still not 100% sure. But I'm fairly certain of being an IJ. So now I want to figure out my enneagram type.

Here's an updated version as to why I'm think I'm these types

5- The descriptions say that 5s withdraw and try to gain knowledge because they feel like they’re not competent enough to live in the world, and that describes me pretty well I think. I love gaining knowledge, and being knowledgeable in something makes me feel more confidant.
I also relate to these
Basic Fear: Being useless, helpless, or incapable
Basic Desire: To be capable and competent

4- I strive to be different than others, and am honest with myself (not necessarily others).

3-
I tried to be good at many things mainly relating to school, but also relating to art since my sister was good at it. I basically wanted to be better than my sister, so I learned how to draw. I tried to master many types of art, but I’m wasn't focused enough to become good.
Throughout my childhood I seriously thought men were superior to women, and I being female tried to do everything I could to become psychically and mentally strong, like how I thought a guy should be. I thought emotions and showing any signs of weakness was stupid. This made me aggressive and a little controlling, so I don’t think it has had a very positive effect on me.

I once read something that said when 3s achieve something they indulge (for lack of a better word) in it, and I did that once I started getting followers on tumblr (I know that’s not really an achievement, but whatever).
I relate to these
Basic Fear: Of being worthless
Basic Desire: To feel valuable and worthwhile

How I don't relate

5-One description said that fives shy away from sports, and physical activities especially as a child, but this is not true for me. I hated sitting still and always had to be doing something when I was a kid. I even like to move around while I think about things that fives think about

4-One description says 4s don’t rationalize what they discover from introspection, but I rationalize everything, and I don’t feel the need to connect with others.

3-I don’t work hard, and I don’t feel like I’m not allowed to have emotions like some descriptions say about 3s. And I'm not extroverted.

I'm not sure what else to say at the moment.