• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ENFP?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am confused as well. I just ... I identified with being ESTP for seven months. I could see high Se, it bothers me that the people who know me best say otherwise. I am sure of ExFP. Maybe my questionnaire don't represent me well. I have no clue. Negus said my questionnaire screamed ExFP, but he could not see Se, even after arguments. He says that if I did use Se it would be inferior. He is writing a post now to convince me I couldn't be higher Se. Someone is pretty determined ... I wonder what [MENTION=26521]Cries in Spanish[/MENTION] has to say after giving it a night as we talk a lot as well. It is not that the idea of ESFP is off putting, in facts ESxP's are my favorite type of people. If my friends could see it, I would just change my type to ESFP. That and that tell sign list are the only things stopping me from doing that. My INTP brother has known me for 15 years now and he has recently gotten into Jung's functions (yay) and he can't see ESxP either and it's confusing me. Hdjdassdjasadjsdmjdsmmddms *sigh*.

Yah I just re-read through the signs of someone not being a type... myths etc (quite confusingly written, too many negatives in there for me)... and actually I don't think it's all correct so that probably is quite misleading. For example ESFP are quite happy reliving the past (from their own perspective) in conversation and tbh it's a bit ridiculous to say that anyone only ever lives in the moment because we all use all the functions and in varying orders and different formulas...

You know I could go through this with you step by step but it would be a stretch for me to put myself in a dissecting position as it's not my preferred corner of the room. I am happy to do it though, if you think it would be beneficial to your situation but I would prefer not to if it will cause contention and strife because it will be draining enough in and of itself... Alternatively I would be happy to speak with you on vent. Do you go on vent? A mod could hit you up with a password and some login deets if you want to try it out.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yah I just re-read through the signs of someone not being a type... myths etc (quite confusingly written, too many negatives in there for me)... and actually I don't think it's all correct so that probably is quite misleading. For example ESFP are quite happy reliving the past (from their own perspective) in conversation and tbh it's a bit ridiculous to say that anyone only ever lives in the moment because we all use all the functions and in varying orders and different formulas...

You know I could go through this with you step by step but it would be a stretch for me to put myself in a dissecting position as it's not my preferred corner of the room. I am happy to do it though, if you think it would be beneficial to your situation but I would prefer not to if it will cause contention and strife because it will be draining enough in and of itself... Alternatively I would be happy to speak with you on vent. Do you go on vent? A mod could hit you up with a password and some login deets if you want to try it out.

Actually, I think that would really help. I think that would be great, if you want to do that of course. I have no idea what you mean by on vent though (embarrassingly admits after trying to Google it). Are you simply referring to the vent forum? *feels super stupid right now*

200_s.gif

You are right. I don't even know why it bothers me that much that my friends disapprove. Why care for approval?

EDIT: Wait, are referring to ventrilo?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, I think that would really help. I think that would be great, if you want to do that of course. I have no idea what you mean by on vent though (embarrassingly admits after trying to Google it). Are you simply referring to the vent forum? *feels super stupid right now*

200_s.gif

You are right. I don't even know why it bothers me that much that my friends disapprove. Why care for approval?

EDIT: Wait, are referring to ventrilo?

Yes ventrilo. :smile:

Cries in Spanish

MBTI Type
haha
Enneagram
no
I am confused as well. I just ... I identified with being ESTP for seven months. I could see high Se, it bothers me that the people who know me best say otherwise. I am sure of ExFP. Maybe my questionnaire don't represent me well. I have no clue. Negus said my questionnaire screamed ExFP, but he could not see Se, even after arguments. He says that if I did use Se it would be inferior. He is writing a post now to convince me I couldn't be higher Se. Someone is pretty determined ... I wonder what [MENTION=26521]Cries in Spanish[/MENTION] has to say after giving it a night as we talk a lot as well. It is not that the idea of ESFP is off putting, in facts ESxP's are my favorite type of people. If my friends could see it, I would just change my type to ESFP. That and that tell sign list are the only things stopping me from doing that. My INTP brother has known me for 15 years now and he has recently gotten into Jung's functions (yay) and he can't see ESxP either and it's confusing me. Hdjdassdjasadjsdmjdsmmddms *sigh*.

I admit I didn't read the whole thing and just read 'SJs are full of shit' lolll xD

Anyway, I've thought about it and personally I think you are a lot less focused than ESFPs are, a lot more scattered. However, I do remember you doing stuff as soon as you decided them, and acting in the moment. Mhm, I'm not sure- if I'm comparing you to my ESTP sister, who can be quite Ne-ish in her thinking, I think it might be possible. Will need more evidence.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I admit I didn't read the whole thing and just read 'SJs are full of shit' lolll xD

Anyway, I've thought about it and personally I think you are a lot less focused than ESFPs are, a lot more scattered. However, I do remember you doing stuff as soon as you decided them, and acting in the moment. Mhm, I'm not sure- if I'm comparing you to my ESTP sister, who can be quite Ne-ish in her thinking, I think it might be possible. Will need more evidence.

Is that even possible? For someone to be more scattered than ExFP's XD I'll write that down as an achievement. Jk. I really do stuff in a spur once I decided. My wallet hates me for it and sometimes I do get into trouble for acting impulsively. Oh no, don't compare me to your sister though o_O That's ... why even lol.

Cries in Spanish

MBTI Type
haha
Enneagram
no
Is that even possible? For someone to be more scattered than ExFP's XD I'll write that down as an achievement. Jk. I really do stuff in a spur once I decided. My wallet hates me for it and sometimes I do get into trouble for acting impulsively. Oh no, don't compare me to your sister though o_O That's ... why even lol.

Because... She's a Se dom lol. She's crazy right now, but if I look back a few years before she reached puberty and was still cute... Maybe.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thanks for all the help! I just wanted to make a quick post to say I decided on ESTP. When I look back at my texts and fights, they revolve about my inability to emphasize and once people start talking about their feelings I am out. I am, however, a good manipulator, I notice people's emotions around me and know how to play them and get what I want. I think I have a better grasp at Fe than Fi. I am not an emotional person. Last night I even got myself kicked out of a Kik group for being an insensitive *** (??? like whutt) and get told often I am insensitive and need to learn to emphasize. I care what people think of me and have a need to vent once in a while.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx