• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

i've studied mbti for four years but still don't know my own type

hapsburgs

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
guess who's back, back again? because i have a really good understanding of cognitive functions and can type others but still don't know myself, and i saw this new questionnaire and thought i'd try it out

SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?

Well, my first reaction is to be hurt. We spent two years together and they you disappear without a word? Obviously they were scared away by the thought of marriage. Perhaps it was too soon to discuss? I would angry for them not telling me what was wrong, and disappointed in myself for perhaps pushing too hard on the marriage front.

Upon the revelation of the cancer diagnosis, however, I would be completely devastated. I would feel so guilty for not noticing sooner. I don't even know if I could face them, to be honest. My feelings would be so focused on myself it could be called selfish. If I went to see them, I don't know if I could handle it. Perhaps I would throw myself into researching their cancer to see if there was any chance of some experimental treatment that could save them.

((Part of me would secretly want to cut myself off completely from my significant other, so I couldn't be any more hurt and in pain))

SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

- Describe the flow of your decision making process.

I'm in college, so this scenario perhaps wasn't so much of a stretch. Of course I'll help my roommate. It's not like they're asking for answers or for me to write the essay for them. I would help them review the material, go over any questions that they have. Sure, success for yourself is all well and good, but when you get to the top of the mountain, so to speak, you reach down and start helping people up. I want my friends to succeed, and I don't want anyone to fail a class. I also like being seen as a kind of 'expert' on things, so it would inflate my ego a little.

Besides, our professor would never find out. It's not like we're doing the take home exam together. We're just...reviewing together. Also, can you imagine how awkward it would be if I didn't help and she failed? Yikes. I don't want roommate tension. I would also tell them that they can ask for help on homework, let's say, anytime and we could keep reviewing for tests together. I'm not opposed to group studying.

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

I would definitely go for the first project. While I do enjoy working alone a lot more (Project 2), Project 1 appeals to me a lot more. I have a wide range of interests, so I like that it covers multiple areas of company operations. Working on one specific area for a long period of time can be quite dull. I like that it will have a tangible impact on the company, until the Project 2. As for group work, I do like to be in charge of people, and kind of controlling how everything comes together.

Though, on the other hand, as a side note, I can do quite in depth research in areas that I'm passionate about, which I suppose is related to the second project.

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.

Yet again, I'm in college so this isn't particularly a stretch. Besides contributing my own ideas, I would be writing down the ideas of all the other members of the group, trying to figure out how they would all fit together and form a presentation out of it. I would perhaps try to work out who is in charge of what, and we all have a clear idea of what we're doing and how it fits together cohesively.

I like coming up with cool ideas, but I want to get the process moving as fast as possible so we can get to work. Especially with so many people and parts to manage, it's a good idea to know where we're going and have a plan.

SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?

- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?

Sleep for at least twelve hours, probably. Then, get up, have a good brunch, maybe work out and take a long, hot shower? Then settle in and binge watch whatever I'm currently watching on Netflix. At night, maybe order take out with my friends and have a movie night. Maybe, at some time, since I'm away at school, call me family back home.

I really like being around people who support me, just relaxing (Netflix and chill), but I also really like going out and doing things: concerts, museum exhibitions, interesting lectures, plays, cool restaurants. It depends on my mood. I'm cool with both.

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?

- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?

Actor, Lawyer, Medical Doctor. If 'artist' included poetry/written word, then that would be in there, too. Well, being a doctor could be cool, but it depends what kind of doctor. I would maybe want to be a neurologist - we know so little about the brain, it's a completely new frontier, and perhaps research in that area would help so many people's lives. As for a lawyer, if it was international law, or human rights law, that would be cool. I would want to be involved in the big scope of things, having a real impact, instead of, I don't know, squinting over tax returns and deeds.

But out of the list, being an actor would be the most fun. I always felt like acting wasn't quite a career for grown ups - what's better than playing pretend? We only have one life to live, but being an actor, you have the opportunity to play so many different people and, therefore, experience so many different lives. And it's like, the pinnacle of storytelling. You get to dress up and play pretend and tell fantastical stories and make people really feel for a living.

Overall, this wasn't particularly hard. I'm much more inclined towards the humanities than anything STEM related. You know, when I was young, I always equated success with monetary success, but not anymore. I spent so much time doing things that make me unhappy, that I don't want to be stuck in some dead-end, boring job I hate, even if it has a good salary. I want to be happy and feel fulfilled with what I'm doing, something where every day is a new experience and things change frequently and I'm doing real, good, meaningful work that has an impact on someone.

SCENARIO 7

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

Short Effective Scenario Questionnaire 2.0 (Self-Type)-paintedcanyon1fb.jpg

- Describe the main things that stand out to you in this picture.

- Why do you think/feel you focused on those things?

- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?

I register the light first: how it reflects on the red rocks, creating highlights and shadows and illuminating some parts. It looks like the southwest, somewhere. My family is from Arizona, we used to visit all the time, and it reminds me of there. Just, I love the shadows. The depth there, that is conveyed in a flat image. The shade of green of the bushes. It seems almost...otherworldly. Like, it's completely and utterly untouched. Some part of me wants to dive into the water and swim out to where it's more sunny to see if I can be in the light.

I really do like admiring nature, and just processing it, but I've never quite been a fan of deserts and arid climates, so it doesn't appeal to me as much as, say, the Highlands, would.

Hank

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm getting an INFP vibe. Your answers contain a lot of Fi characteristics (aversion to conflict, desire for harmony internally and externally, being most committed to things you connect emotionally to, desire to make an impact in the world.) You also have some Ne characteristics as well (bored by routine, enjoy coming up with new ideas,) but since you list way more Fi-oriented traits and a desire to recharge alone, I'm leaning towards INFP.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds EJ to me...to pull answer out of ass would be ENTJ.