• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do I do a "Type Me" thread?

BeyondTheGrey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Im really curious.. TBH, ive noticed that most "type me" threads consist of either a really long paragraph of description or test results. The problem with those descriptions, is that it seems rather subjective. We tend to answer the questions using our knowlege in MBTI. It almost feels like "textbook answers."

This isnt a question of authenticity. Its just a simple question. How can I effectively start a "Type Me" thread? What do you guys need to know? What kind of information would be needed?

If my response is, in one way or another, based on the descriptions of the types, can I say that I can just make up my personality by becoming what i want to be?

Key question: "How does one separate his natural self from his own perception of himself?"

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If my response is, in one way or another, based on the descriptions of the types, can I say that I can just make up my personality by becoming what i want to be?

Yes.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Im really curious.. TBH, ive noticed that most "type me" threads consist of either a really long paragraph of description or test results. The problem with those descriptions, is that it seems rather subjective. We tend to answer the questions using our knowlege in MBTI. It almost feels like "textbook answers."

This isnt a question of authenticity. Its just a simple question. How can I effectively start a "Type Me" thread? What do you guys need to know? What kind of information would be needed?

Key question: "How does one separate his natural self from his own perception of himself?"

actually i think the best thing would to do is make a video, but lot of people aren't comfortable doing that. i'm fine with it. but some aren't, plus there's no guarantee people will watch.talking about things you would've put in the paragraph.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hm. The fact that you're asking how to do the thing might say something in and of itself. Maybe.

Talk about yourself and your experiences to the extent that you're comfortable with it, I guess? Express yourself naturally. If that's a wall of text, go for it. Or if it's a bulleted list, that's cool too.

There's no perfect set of questions to help get you started, but some from http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type-/72050-questionnaire-compilation-thread.html might be a good place to start.

Trying to understand Type Me threads by separating the concept of the Type Me thread from the thread itself could be couched as "thinking about the box" (in contrast to "thinking inside the box" or thinking "outside the box") to me. Here, check out some Ni: Lenore Thomson's MBTI Wiki Explanation of Functions

(it's from a socionics forum, but it discusses Lenore, who is firmly planted in MBTI.)

Welcome aboard. :cheers:

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, and tests may or may not be bogus, but they do still serve as data points.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
actually i think the best thing would to do is make a video, but lot of people aren't comfortable doing that. i'm fine with it. but some aren't, plus there's no guarantee people will watch.talking about things you would've put in the paragraph.

Why do you think a video is best? Does body language help with typing?

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You just type things about whatever and then people (often incorrectly) judge you. Usually there'll be about 30% who're contemplative and spot on; they know what they're doing. The other 70% will just spew random ideas because they feel like it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Why do you think a video is best? Does body language help with typing?

because a lot of things get lost in text. and its harder to be dishonest about myself to myself and to others about preferences, not impossible but i find it a lot lot harder i'll make a video though i'm pretty sure of my type (at least for me)

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Here's how you make a "What's My Type Thread"

1) Go to typologycentral.com
2) Acess the forums tab on your navigator
3) Click "What's my Type" on the forums list
4) Click "start new thread"
5) Describe yourself shortly and ask us your question

It's that simple.