• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

SJ or INFP?

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm curious as to what your opinions are! I keep debating whether I am an ISxJ, INFP or even INFJ?

Here are a few facts about me:
T/F - Judging
- People say I am very self opinionated.
- I strive to learn the truth behind reality, and learning how everything works.
- I don't trust statistics as evidence for the truth, and prefer to figure out if it makes sense.
- Superficial people put me off. I try to stay honest and say what I belief/feel.
- I hate generalizations, such as stereotypes.
- I'm an introvert without a doubt.
- I am very uncomfortable with showing moments of weakness to other people.
- The only way I can talk to someone is by discussing something I am passionate about and interested in. When I am not obsessed with something I feel empty.
- A lot of the time I am very serious but I do love to laugh and goof around.
- I love being sarcastic and do it so often that people can't even tell if i'm being sarcastic anymore.

N/S - Perceiving
- I greatly enjoy fiction related to fantasy
- I'm interested in metaphors and symbolism and love foreshadowing.
- I have submissive tendencies
- I get easily overwhelmed by crowds and loud noises
- Hearing an explosive argument gives me a lot of distress. I withdraw from overwhelming situations in order to cope with the stress.
- I love engaging in small doses of nostalgia
- A disorganized room doesn't bother me.
- I would love to travel at least once, not to explore the foreign cultures, but to see views of landscapes and live in different climates.
- I desire comfort and inner tranquility. For example I find winter relaxing, because it become dark outside sooner. It allows me to relax after a day of working. I love the feeling of being warm after being outside in icy air. It is things like this that make me wonder it I am in fact an Si dom, rather than in the tertiary position in INxP.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP seems correct.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I desire comfort and inner tranquility. For example I find winter relaxing, because it become dark outside sooner. It allows me to relax after a day of working. I love the feeling of being warm after being outside in icy air. It is things like this that make me wonder it I am in fact an Si dom, rather than in the tertiary position in INxP.

Tertiary Si can do this just fine. You sound a bit weak on the S overall compared to the N.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah I think you're an INFP.

Ni is really more heavy into finding what's real through their imagination if that makes sense. I think INJ's will much go toward non-fiction than fiction most of the time. I feel like I'm wasting my time when I read fiction. (no offense)

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
*slides into this thread* ayy

I'll help you out in a bit. Too tired for lots of thought right now.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem more INFP than ISTJ from what you've written.

D'Ascoyne

What are you like when working on a deadline? How do you feel about deadlines? Left to your own devices, what is your approach to getting things done or completing tasks/goals?

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just so you all know, my ISTJ type was based purely on MBTI dichotomies from the last test taken, even though the T/F axis is quite borderline. It's strange how I'm getting responses now and only one when I made the thread last November, but I appreciate the input anyhow.

This is currently what I'm stuck with. First of all weighing up dichotomies and functions at the same time. The cognitive functions describe Ne as idea generation, yes? In contrast to Se is being more interested in the environment. From those simple definitions I think sensing would be more accurate. I don't see myself as an idea generating person, although I take interest in symbolism - could that make sense for Ni tertiary? (with socionics aside, because Se is more volitional).

Are you all going by cognitive functions here by the way?

What are you like when working on a deadline? How do you feel about deadlines? Left to your own devices, what is your approach to getting things done or completing tasks/goals?

I take deadlines seriously, but I procrastinate for the first few days when I don't feel motivated. It can be stressful but I always get work done on point. On the day before I plan what I will do on the final day in order to finish everything and tie up loose ends, then I follow those steps I planned. I prefer to be left to my own devices, and each day at work/college I want to be productive and finish everything. I feel like my college class don't get things done and hardly finish anything in one day, which bothers me in a way because if we worked harder our work would show our full potential.

D'Ascoyne

I take deadlines seriously, but I procrastinate for the first few days when I don't feel motivated. It can be stressful but I always get work done on point. On the day before I plan what I will do on the final day in order to finish everything and tie up loose ends, then I follow those steps I planned. I prefer to be left to my own devices, and each day at work/college I want to be productive and finish everything. I feel like my college class don't get things done and hardly finish anything in one day, which bothers me in a way because if we worked harder our work would show our full potential.

Sounds more like J than P. Of course with the caveat of, All types are capable of meeting deadlines as well as procrastinating, but if this ^ is the pattern that fits most of the time, then I think it's safe to say you're more likely J > P.

As for ISTJ or INFP: You do strike me as Fi-Te. We'll have to interact some more for me to get a better idea of you, though. :)

justwhelmed

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just based off this thread, you seem probably ISTJ. I think you come off more Fi-Te and Ne-Si but you seem like more of a thinker? I also think that you seem like a judger as the person above me has said. I think you probably have extremely well-developed tertiary and inferior functions which are causing the confusion so congrats.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As it was pointed out, sensing was overall weak, and J more prominent. Is INTJ an appropriate fit for MBTI dichotomies? Despite my socionics type and the functions.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
As it was pointed out, sensing was overall weak, and J more prominent. Is INTJ an appropriate fit for MBTI dichotomies? Despite my socionics type and the functions.

Fi-dom can be J alright, I know some that do test J in MBTI

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fi-dom can be J alright, I know some that do test J in MBTI

That was regardless of the JCF. Yeah, it makes sense because they are Ji doms. I always get IxxJs in MBTI. (Ji dom characters often get mistyped as SJs, i've noticed).

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
That was regardless of the JCF. Yeah, it makes sense because they are Ji doms. I always get IxxJs in MBTI. (Ji dom characters often get mistyped as SJs, i've noticed).

Might be my case too - I keep getting told I look like ISTJ while I relate to Ti more than to Si, though that too to some degree, for sure. (Oh and I have no Ne, so INTP is out of the question)

For you, NF dichotomies make sense.

enrapture

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Si-dom for sure. I think you're most likely to be an ISFJ or ISTJ. These two types are known to be serious, highly responsible, but also have a wacky sense of humor. I'd say you lean towards ISTJ more than ISFJ, maybe caught in the Si-Fi loop and that makes you relate to INFP in some extent.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFP. You remind me of [MENTION=25366]Chrysanthe[/MENTION].

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Si-dom for sure. I think you're most likely to be an ISFJ or ISTJ. These two types are known to be serious, highly responsible, but also have a wacky sense of humor. I'd say you lean towards ISTJ more than ISFJ, maybe caught in the Si-Fi loop and that makes you relate to INFP in some extent.

What seems Si-dom specifically about OP? Why not Fi-Si loop?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Definitely not ISTJ, because of this:

- I don't trust statistics as evidence for the truth, and prefer to figure out if it makes sense.

Could see INFP. Could definitely see INFP more than any kind of SJ.

Si-dom for sure.
What seems Si-dom specifically about OP? Why not Fi-Si loop?
^ Same question. I don't see Si-dom at all -- I see engaging Si as a hobby. The same way that I engage Ne, and the same way that most people engage their tertiary function.