• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MISTYPED AS INFP?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Another ex: preschooler being mean to weaker peers
Is this Ti with poor Fe?

My weaker Fe leaves me quiet and anti-social. I may become mean, but that when people won't leave me alone. You push to hear the comment "well if your gonna be that way I will just leave you alone" because that's what I want. I don't mind someone present, but I don't want to have to be all talkative and social. Leave me alone, let me do my own thing and I will come around.

When depressed my weak Fe keeps me from really being social and I just become lonely.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really? I assumed you were joking but I'm very curious how depression manifests in people with inferior Te. Or do you find the thought of being INTP utterly depressing? :D

I realize my comment might give the wrong impression; I don't think INFPs are depressing or even necessarily depression prone (any more than other types), but depression usually leads me to a state of distanced apathy and nihilism, then very strong and uncomfortable emotional states if not dealt with or alleviated--this overflow of emotion leads me to question a preference for feeling, but it's not my natural "flow" state and it is difficult for me to control, regulate or even understand my feelings in that mode, whereas I imagine an INFP in a depressed state might be at least a little more in tune with their emotions.

Thoughts?

I think us IxxP, excluding INTP have a semi natural defense against depression. Not that we don't become depressed, but we end up going back and forth between ok and depressed. I think since depression causes us to crawl into a cave we aren't really that bad in the cave because of who we are. We are good being quiet and by ourselves and introspective. I think we tend to go back and forth between depression and ok. I have noticed this in myself and other IxxP types. Except INTP for some reason, I don't know what itis, but they get all stuck in the details or something and just spiral down.

None of this is proven or anything...just something I have noticed and wondered.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Really? I assumed you were joking but I'm very curious how depression manifests in people with inferior Te. Or do you find the thought of being INTP utterly depressing? :D

I realize my comment might give the wrong impression; I don't think INFPs are depressing or even necessarily depression prone (any more than other types), but depression usually leads me to a state of distanced apathy and nihilism, then very strong and uncomfortable emotional states if not dealt with or alleviated--this overflow of emotion leads me to question a preference for feeling, but it's not my natural "flow" state and it is difficult for me to control, regulate or even understand my feelings in that mode, whereas I imagine an INFP in a depressed state might be at least a little more in tune with their emotions.

Thoughts?

In all seriousness, I am more likely to test as and identify with INTP descriptions.

For me, depression has a heavy dose of misanthropic feeling. I lose perspective and tend to have less empathy, compassion, etc. I become more critical, including being agitated by illogic in others.

I am out of touch with rational feelings, but instead ruled by fleeting moods which I try to cling to as rational feelings. This means everything gets rationalized. I have elaborate reasoning to explain why every mood is valid, because I am not seeng it as a mood. Emotional expression is shut down because I am not really feeling emotions, but stuck on prolonging moods and fantasies, which is not in real time nor really all that relevant to how I truly feel. So outwardly, I may look more stereotypically T, with the only apparant emotion being irritation and frustration as a critical response.