• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's been 400 posts since my last type me thread so I think it is acceptable to start a new one. I'd make a poll for people who don't want to actually post but I'm too lazy sorry. This goes for MBTI, enneagram, and socionics. What's my type guys?

I'm pretty sure I'm Si/Ne, I don't really identify at all with Ni. I'm always questioning if I'm Fe 9 or Fi 9. But I'm also hesitant to wonder if I'm an ISTJ because I tend to mirror people and pick up their habits and all of my friends are ISTJs and so is my dad. And I'm trying to separate enneagram and MBTI to find my true type apart from enneagram influence.

But like totally ask me questions if you want/need to know something more specific before taking a stab at my type. I'd rather answer more personal/direct questions than fill out a survey (unless requested)

:heart:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Is there a good way for you to briefly describe yourself without it feeling too skewed?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's been 400 posts since my last type me thread so I think it is acceptable to start a new one. I'd make a poll for people who don't want to actually post but I'm too lazy sorry. This goes for MBTI, enneagram, and socionics. What's my type guys?

I'm pretty sure I'm Si/Ne, I don't really identify at all with Ni. I'm always questioning if I'm Fe 9 or Fi 9. But I'm also hesitant to wonder if I'm an ISTJ because I tend to mirror people and pick up their habits and all of my friends are ISTJs and so is my dad. And I'm trying to separate enneagram and MBTI to find my true type apart from enneagram influence.

But like totally ask me questions if you want/need to know something more specific before taking a stab at my type. I'd rather answer more personal/direct questions than fill out a survey (unless requested)

:heart:

Do you have a deity you'd like to tell us about?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is there a good way for you to briefly describe yourself without it feeling too skewed?

I can definitely try. Though I can never be completely free of bias. :)
I'll just give an overview of myself then. I don't remember much of how I was as a kid but I once watched a video of me opening Christmas presents when I was like 10 and the Si was so real. Every single time I/someone else opened a present it was "OMG my friend Lauren has that" and a story about it lol. Other than that I was a pretty quiet kid. My mom said when I was a toddler I was very stubborn and I was king of the playground. She used to bring me to the park and I could get all the kids, even the ones who didn't speak the same language as me, to line up in lines and stuff and do whatever I want hah. I don't think I'm really anything like that now though. I was kind of socially ostracized in grade school. I'm pigeon toed and all it takes is one small difference for people to decide to ignore you for 8 years. But I did have a few friends, they were cool. I tend not to talk unless I have something I actually want to say, and I think before I say anything (most of the time).

As for the present. I'm very quiet (in the sense that I don't talk much--I took 4 years of high school theatre and have no problem actually projecting my voice). I pretty much never talk to people unless they talk to me first unless I start to feel comfortable around them, like the guys I sit next to in some of my classes. My focus is pretty exclusively inward I think. My friends are all quality over quantity--I don't have a lot but the ones I have I would die for. I haven't made any friends irl since high school--I'm in my 4th ear of college. I go to school and I go home, I don't do anything else. I like to do special things for my friends when I get to see them, and I like making personalized gifts for my best friend. I have a friend who I regularly exchange postcards with and I keep all of them in a green box and they're very precious to me.

What else... I have big anxiety/depression problems but I can keep it contained enough that it doesn't affect others. I am completely uncomfortable sharing my feelings and important thoughts with people I don't know well. I consider myself very easy to get along with (I can and will get along with anyone, and only dislike people who are directly mean to me) but hard to get to know. It's hard for me to let people get close to me anymore because I've had a lot of friends in the past that I sold my soul to and they abandoned me. I wish I had more friends but it's just really hard for me and I'm not willing/too lazy to go out and do things to meet people lol. So the forum is great for me in that regard. I like a lot of the people here and would consider us friends. I think the being "easy to get along with but hard to know" thing is actually one of the most important descriptions of me.

I'm blanking on what else to talk about since I don't have much of a direction. Though I could expand on any of this if needed also

Edit: thought I should also mention that my quietness mostly regards to how I am around strangers/at school. When I am with friends I'm extremely talkative and much more fun/less serious.

Do you have a deity you'd like to tell us about?

I'm not religious at all, I don't even consider myself an atheist or agnostic. I just don't care about religion at all. I consider myself "Nothing" lol

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What are your deepest fears and how do they affect your life?

Which fictional character do you relate to most? Tell us about them and why you relate to them.

Do you have any serious goals, and how do you plan to achieve them?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What are your deepest fears and how do they affect your life?

There are a few things I'm afraid of on a basic level (I don't like swimming in water any deeper than 5 and a half feet, I don't like hospitals, etc) but I think my two biggest/deepest fears are 1. being left behind and 2. seeing the people I care about in pain.

I have nightmares about each. I've had nightmares where I'm with friends/family (I'm much closer to my friends than I am my blood relations though) and they leave me behind. I think it has something to do with what I said in my other post about friends abandoning me. It's hard for my to be halfway with people. I'm either completely loyal to someone or I'm not that close to them. And I don't have a lot of people I'm close to, so the ones I am close to are extremely important to me. Having them leave me behind like in my nightmares scares me because I don't know what to do. I'm a pretty dependent person and rely on my friends for emotional support and if that support was gone I'd lose it.

I've also had multiple nightmares about my friends being hurt. This one's probably a more common nightmare theme. A couple months ago I had tow dreams only a few days apart. In one of them one of my friends was kidnapped and it was my fault for leaving her in the car while I brought the groceries into the house in my dream. In the other one my best friend got hit by a car and I spent what felt like many real life minutes just sitting there in-dream having a panic attack and immediately demanding to know where he was so I could see him.

They mostly manifest through nightmares. In actuality my friends haven't abandoned me and none of them are hurt. But if they were I'd lose all my composure and focus.

Which fictional character do you relate to most? Tell us about them and why you relate to them.

Oh this one's hard. There are a lot of characters I relate to but no one character is 100% me. Ugh my mind is blanking. I think I'm kinda like Doc from rvb.

"Medical Officer Super Private First Class Frank DuFresne, nicknamed Doc, is a main character in Red vs. Blue, first appearing in Everything Old is New Again. He is a non-competitive pacifist and his armor color is purple, a combination of both red and blue as he helps both the Red and Blue teams."

I'm super non-competitive, not ambitious, non-confrontational, and get along with everyone. I don't take sides and don't like being in positions where I am forced to choose sides. Also Doc's general personality is something I kinda relate with heh.

15-second clip. Kind of how I act around friends/people I'm comfortable with.

I would also find a clip of doc teaching junior about colors but I can't find one :'(

Do you have any serious goals, and how do you plan to achieve them?

Absolutely nothing. I don't know what I'm doing. The only reason I'm in school right now is because I don't know how to do anything else. I don't think it's possible for me to have a serious goal. I'd just change my mind the next day.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you tend to downplay your accomplishments?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you tend to downplay your accomplishments?

I don't know if I even really accomplish anything :shrug:
I don't make huge deals of them, but if it's something like I got an A on an essay I worked hard on or something I might tell my friends or something. I don't except any "congrats" or anything though (and don't really know how to react to them either). That's just with friends though. I tend not to share accomplishments (or much of anything person for that matter) with people I don't know well. Like if some stranger at school started small talking with me and they started talking about accomplishments I'd just listen to theirs but wouldn't share anything unless prompted.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] It sounds like you downplay your accomplishments to me.

/DG/

[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] - Totally unhelpful, but I'm basically getting some I, some sp, and a TON of F. So at least that big looks to be correct.

Edit: Whoops...meant to say I'm totally unhelpful!

Last edited:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] - Totally unhelpful, but I'm basically getting some I, some sp, and a TON of F. So at least that big looks to be correct.

What should I talk about that's more specific I need an idea

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How about P/J now? I don't know how to determine S/N tbh.

P/J is kinda tricky with me because I have OCPD, which is a personality disorder. But I guess even if it's a disorder since it's a personality related one that it's still part of me? I guess.

If we're going with P/J being linked to organization (which I think is kinda weirs but??) then I'm a super J. I'm very detail-oriented when it comes to keeping my living space organized. I'm never late with assignments either. If I say I'm gonna do something then I do it. I need my room to be cleanly and orderly. I need the illusion of order in my life when my mind is in chaos lol.

I also don't like making decisions. I'd rather let other people make the decisions and then just go along with it. I'm very hesitant. I want to know all the details first. I can't just say "yes" when someone asks to hang out. When? Where? How long? Do I need to bring anything?

/DG/

P/J is kinda tricky with me because I have OCPD, which is a personality disorder. But I guess even if it's a disorder since it's a personality related one that it's still part of me? I guess.

I don't know actually. If we're talking big five, then we'd be purely talking about your behavior and nothing more. I'm not really sure how MBTI addresses this sort of thing. But then I guess you're right in that personality disorders are inherently linked to you, so I guess

If we're going with P/J being linked to organization (which I think is kinda weirs but??) then I'm a super J. I'm very detail-oriented when it comes to keeping my living space organized. I'm never late with assignments either. If I say I'm gonna do something then I do it. I need my room to be cleanly and orderly. I need the illusion of order in my life when my mind is in chaos lol.

Going back to the big five again, this would clearly put you as a very obvious "conscientious" (organized) type, but MBTI's definition of P/J is often more complex than that. For example, my conscientiousness is extremely low (unstructured) type, which theoretically correlates to MBTI P, but I find myself not really relating much to the carefree SP attitude.

Some MBTI tests use the big five way of measuring it and simply look at organized vs. disorganized (where I am clearly a P), whereas others seem to assert that J/P is something else entirely.

I also don't like making decisions. I'd rather let other people make the decisions and then just go along with it. I'm very hesitant. I want to know all the details first. I can't just say "yes" when someone asks to hang out. When? Where? How long? Do I need to bring anything?

There was a thread on this a bit ago and people were pretty divided as to what it means to want everyone else to make your decisions for you. Though in this case, because you're wanting all the details, it sounds more like a J trait. But then again, some people relate details moreso to S than to J. :shrug:

I'm leaning toward J here, but again, I'm not the greatest at this.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've not noticed anything that overtly contradicts ISFJ 962. I'm assuming you relate to the security focus of the sp instinct and are relatively confident in engaging and navigating group dynamics.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
J vs. P

Decisive - adaptive
conclude - leave open
enjoy finishing - enjoy starting
desire to be right - desire to have many experiences
regimented - tolerant
uses words like 'should' - uses words like 'could be' or 'perhaps'

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've not noticed anything that overtly contradicts ISFJ 962. I'm assuming you relate to the security focus of the sp instinct and are relatively confident in engaging and navigating group dynamics.

I also see no reason to doubt it.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
J vs. P

Decisive - adaptive
conclude - leave open