• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Argh, I still don't know why am I so unsure all the time.

I think it's safe to say Si/Ne is like 100%. I still can't decide on Fe/Ti or Te/Fi. I feel like I vibe to others (moreso in real life settings than online) differently than I personally feel I am.

In "real life," I only go out when I go to school, and I go home. I don't go anywhere else. I vibe pretty seriously at school, because I have no friends there and never speak unless spoken to. Resting bitchface doesn't help. I'm pretty perceptive of the feelings and general atmosphere of the people around my though (not so much the actual environment). I am much less serious around my friends (who I rarely see during the school year as all but one is out of town/state during this time) and become very playful and joke around a lot. I'm very guarded around people I don't know well, and it's hard to actually get to know me despite me being very friendly whenever spoken to. Easy to get along with, hard to get to know. As I become more comfortable, I let these guards down more and become more open to talking about myself and my interests with others.

But I don't know of that's Te/Fi with a good grasp of their Fi or Fe/Ti that's just really guarded.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Going to add a bit more about how I feel I am since the above was mostly how I vibe.

My focus is very inward. When I am with friends I am more open and not so inwardly focused, but in settings where I am "alone" (and I consider myself "alone" even when surrounded by plenty of people if I do not know them, like at school) then I am entirely in my head. Just doing whatever I want... daydreaming, playing music from memory, thinking about some memory, analyzing something that's going on around me, or whatever. If I am deep in thought and someone approaches me I feel like I am caught very off guard, like I'm in a dark place and someone flashes light right in my eyes. I will respond friendly like I always do, but probably try to casually escape the situation to return to what I was doing internally. I value this introspection time a lot.

I also feel more emotional than I come off to other people, friends and strangers alike. I do not mind sharing how I feel and my problems with people I am close to... over text chat. In person that shit makes me really uncomfortable and makes me feel super vulnerable. I might open up to a close friend about my feelings of insecurity over facebook very openly, but the next time I see them if they mention it to me in person I try to change the subject, or I answer them but much more shallow than I would have if we were conversing over the internet. It's awkward.

I don't really do anything, but I value my time. When I'm not at school I just want to be at home and be free to do whatever I want. Inner peace is very important to me, and I feel most at peace when I am at home (and home alone is even better). I can play any video game in my armada, or take a shower, or watch whatever show I want. Anything I feel like doing, at any time, and I can stop and do something else whenever I want. I never ask people to hang out with me, but if a friend asks me I will usually agree. Somewhat reluctantly, since I value my time being free to do "pure nothing." But I always have fun and don't regret agreeing to hang out with friends after the fact.

My thoughts feel scattered, hard to organize, and a little too specific. Maybe I should fill out a questionnaire to get a better "general" picture of me built, and then go into specifics from there.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What is your MBTI and Enneagram Type?

I am fairly sure I am an ISxJ. I originally tested as ISFJ and have also tested as ISTJ. I have also have xSFP and xNFP suggested to me before.

As for enneagram, I test as 9w1 and 6w5 mostly. 2w1 is in my tritype because a test told me so, but it is the one I feel the weakest about and am not sure about its accuracy. However, I am pretty solid with the 9w1 and 6w5.

In socionics, I originally tested as ENFj, on the shorter version of the test. On the longer version, I was tied between ISFp and ISFj, with ESFj as another "likely" option. I took the short test again a few months ago and got ISFp, with ENFj nearly tied. Why does the short version think I am an ENFj lol?

What got you interested in Personality Type?

It was around 2012 when I first "got into" MBTI. I took a super short 4-question test that only tested for the dichotomies and got ISFJ. I started looking into it. I took more tests, learned about functions and other MBTI aspects, and found myself here when searching for more information. I want to know myself. I want a label for myself, whatever fits best. Labels help me get to know myself. When I try to describe myself I feel really complex, scattered, and unorganized. I am sure my behaviors are consistent, but I want a way to explain it. Personality theories interest me because I want to discover myself.

What kind of work do you do for a living?

I am a full-time university student majoring in sociology. I will be picking a minor soon because I have enough room for it in my degree, but I'm not sure what I will pick yet. Whatever sounds the most interesting, I guess.

As for jobs, I've had three.

1. McDonalds. My first job. My ISTJ best friend got me the job there. He has worked there for 4 years. I worked there for one year, after I graduated high school. I liked that I got to work with my friend, but I didn't like the job itself. It was too fast-paced for me and the management almost had a higher turnover rate than the actual employees. Customers were extremely rude, and it sucked my soul away in a time where I was already suffering severe post-high school-graduation depression.

2. Supplemental instructor for philosophy of logic at my community college. Best job I ever had. Unfortunately it capepd at 10 hours per week, and you have to be a student to work there. I loved the class, loved the professor, and got to work with him when I decided to take the job. I miss the subject matter and the professor. I miss the students who regularly came to my help sessions and got along with me. One of them even bought me candy once. I bought her a keychain when I went to LA for a concert. I'm friends with her on facebook but we never talk. Anyway, I miss that time of my life. It wasn't very long ago. It was a good job.

3. Customer service at Fry's (Kroger). Only lasted 5 months here. Used & abused by management. Customers were actually okay most of the time. The job itself was fine, but the management had me working 40+ hours with absolutely no benefits as I was hired for part-time. Turnover rate for management was almost higher than employees, just like McDonalds. My coworkers were cool. This job just tired me out. I have only smoked one cigarette in my entire life and it was because of this job. I don't mind working in a people-oriented job... as long as it is a stable environment. The management was unbearable.

What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?

Umm... to be honest I am the least ambitious person on earth and have absolutely no desire to be competitive whatsoever, so I don't actually accomplish much. I would say that my best accomplishment was participating in NaNoWriMo in 2012 and succeeding. I wrote a 50,000 word novel. But I've never let anyone read it because it's embarrassing and in need of major editing. Still, it's really cool to be able to say that I wrote a complete book.

What would constitute a perfect day for you?

My perfect/ideal day is not realistic. No school, no work. No people. I just want to be at home, left alone to my own devices, only interacting with people when I choose to do so. Playing video games, reading, sleeping, taking a nice hot shower (I really like showers), watching things, and in general being free to do whatever I want, whenever I want.

What are you most grateful for in your life?

I'm actually going to have to think about this one. I'm not the type of person to open express gratitude and feel pretty uncomfortable doing so. Saying "thank you" is hard for me, not because I don't care but because I think it's really awkward. Both in real time and online.

I don't know what I'm the most grateful for... but there was one time back in high school that I recalled that I was grateful for.

I used to play this one MMO with my friends. I saved up a bunch of gold to buy a code for the game's premium shop currency to buy the cool "real money" stuff--that's a thing many people did successfully. I'd never done it before, and the person I was purchasing from knew that, so they scammed me. I was really upset because I worked hard for that gold and got scammed out of my half of the deal. At school the next day, two of my friends came up to me and handed me a card with a code to the premium currency for the amount I'd been scammed out of. (Only $10, but that's a lot for jobless high schoolers). I almost started crying because I was so grateful that they'd do something like that for me--I hadn't expected or even dreamed of anyone doing something like that for me.

As for something smaller and much more recent... yesterday I went to Circle K to buy a soda and the cashier (I've seen him many times there) said not to worry about paying for it. I mean, it's not even a dollar, so it's not some super huge favor, but I was still like, "Oh wow, seriously? Thanks."

Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?

I can't think of anything. I don't really have achievable dreams. Most of the things I dream of doing are actually regrets, like "I should have stood up to that bully in 9th grade." Can't do anything about that now because it's impossible.

I guess one thing you could say I "dream" of is having my own apartment. My own space, that I can decorate however I want and take care of myself. I can't wait to decorate for every holiday and have a place that's all my own. I haven't done it yet because I have no money and my dad is allowing me to live at his house for free while I am going to university, which is too great an offer to turn down.

If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?

Be raised as a boy and not a girl.

Share an embarrassing moment in your life.

No

Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why?

YES. I have bad social anxiety and talking on the phone is the scariest thing. What if I can't understand them? What if I blank out and forget what I'm going to say and stumble over my words and sound like an idiot? I also rehearse before ordering food or going through a drive thru or... doing any kind of social interaction in a situation where I have time to think before acting or speaking.

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?

I wish I was warmer. I can be a very warm person... once I know you and trust you. I wish I cared about other people, especially strangers, more without having to force myself to. When I have to force myself it feels very fake and inauthentic. I have a friend who is very inquisitive about the lives of others and actually remembers everything that is said... I want to be like that. Instead, I'm likely to forget someone's name 5 minutes after they've said it unless I talk to them often. Basically, I just want to be a better person.

What do you value most in a friendship?

My friends and I have to have long-standing trust. It's hard for me to consider someone a friend if I haven't known them for a long time. I also have to have interests in common with them. If they like things I don't like and vice-versa, we're more likely to fight than get along. And if we have nothing in common then what is there to talk about? I bond a lot more happily and easily with people who share similar interests with me.

What is your most treasured memory?

Going to see Perfume in concert in LA in November 2014 with my best friend. He did all the planning, bought the plane tickets, booked our hotel room, printed out maps, found us a shuttle, drove us to the airport... I bought the concert tickets. I had never been on a trip like that without parents or authority figures before. I felt like a real adult for the first time. It was probably the most fun experience of my life, shared with someone I care about deeply. It was also my first real concert.

Another very treasured memory, with the same friend, was when we went to a convention in January 2015 together. It was my first time going to a convention (other than going to comic con once... way too crowded for me). We had a ton of fun, and I can't wait to go again next year.

What roles do love and affection play in your life?

I am not an affectionate person. I care deeply about the people I love, but I am uncomfortable with physical touch. I don't like hugging my friends or being hugged by them, but if they initiate it, I will go along with it. One of my friends likes to use my lap as a pillow which makes me freeze in awkwardness, but I let them. Another likes to grab and hold my hand sometimes when they're bored. Again, I'll let them, but I would never even consider being the initiator. On the inside I am loving, but not so much on the outside. Actually, I took a "strengths finder" test through my school (and posted a link to it on the forum here actually), and "love" was in my bottom five or so our of 20+ strengths. It makes me wonder if I am actually incapable of love. I can care--I don't care so much about strangers but when it comes to my friends I care a hell of a lot and I would say that I love them. But expressing that love? Not really. Maybe with favors or actions. Maybe.

Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?

Oh thank god pets are rescued, because otherwise I would have just carried my fish tank and hamster cage outside and been unable to save anything else. But I can only choose one thing? Not a handful of things? That's lame.

Lol maybe my wii u because it's the most expensive thing I own other than my computer? But that would take too long to unplug and stuff. Books and DVDs can be replaced... most of my video games are through steam and therefore safe... I'd assume I already have my phone in my pocket... in which case I supposed I would grab the postcards my friend current in DC for school sends me that I keep in a box (assuming it hasn't already gone up in flames), AND (yes and... I have two arms/hands, damnit) my stuffed bunny that I bought at build a bear a couple years ago that I named Agent Tucker. I can't sleep without my bunny. You can't replace that. You could get me a new bunny but it wouldn't be Agent Tucker.

Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?

This kind of scenario is never going to happen to me. Something to hold water in, a lighter, a knife. It would be stupid to bring things I actually want, like my 3ds or something, because it would just run out of battery, and my phone would most likely not get service.

If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be?

When I'm not at school, I only do things that I want to do if I can help it. So, this. Or after this, maybe video games.

If money was no object, what would you do all day?

Exactly what I described in my "perfect day" scenario.

Who is your favorite author?

I don't know. I like the Legend of Drizzt series, A song of Ice and Fire, and some other stuff.

What is your favorite book?

I like a lot. Such as the series I mentioned just above. I also like to read autobiographies about people escaping from cults like Jonestown or the FLDS.

What has been your biggest challenge?

Dealing with depression/anxiety/OCPD. I just want to be happy. The only thing I really care about is being happy. I hate that I have to live in a competitive society because competition does not make me happy or feel at peace. I just want to get through one week of my life without being sad.

If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?

Assuming it won't fuck up everything by going back in time, I guess I would go to like... the BC era. I want to explore the world and nature before humans fucked everything up.

What does your life say about you?

Not much. I'm just an average person. I'm not special and there is nothing particularly exciting or interesting about me.

How would your friends describe you?

They like me. They probably think I'm a little obnoxious but in a good way. They see me as the "mom friend." Like they ask me to buy them snacks at the gas station so I'm like ok. And then when I ask them to do something like hand me to remote they're like "shut up you're not my real mom!" Hah. Anyway, I think my friends see me as a generally good person, albeit somewhat too shy and a little incompetent.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a feeling this thread is mostly going to end up almost as a record or journal of my type journey. I'll go ahead and do a few more things for fun as I try and become confident on my type. I'm going to try to look at MBTI, enneagram, and socionics from scratch again and try to look at it with no pre-conceived bias of what my type might be based on what I've typed as previously. I think I'll start with enneagram, as it seems the "easiest" to me.

I'll start by taking a handful of enneagram tests, looking up some things on my own, and coming to a final conclusion. Of course, I'm mostly just talking out loud to myself while doing this, but further input is extremely welcome. Part of who I am completely depends on how I am perceived by others.

Step 1. Taking a bunch of tests to get a general picture. I'm going to clear my mind and answer as to how I am (or believe I am) most of the time, with as much honestly as possible.

First test result:

Second test result:

Third test, which is an alternative version of the second test:

Fourth test result:

I found that most of the online enneagram tests are pretty shitty quality, but I still took a few. Next, I'm going to read up on enneagram a bit--paying slightly more attention to the results I scored higher on on the tests.

The results I scored highest on most of the time were 9, 6, 1, and occasionally 5 and 4.

Thoughts while reading up on enneagram:

9 is definitely in my tritype somewhere. Reading about the wings of the type 9, I would be a 9w1 rather than a 9w8.

Type 6... kind of sort of? There are parts of it that I don't much relate to. It seems a little extreme for me. I could potentially see it in my tritype but doubtful as my main enneagram type. Reading this thread about the 6 wings, I can relate to both. I guess I learn a little bit more to 6w5 than 6w7. In either case, I don't think it's as strong as the 9w1.

Type 1 seems good. I relate more than I do to type 6, but not as much as type 9. In terms of wings, I think I would be 1w9 rather than 1w2.

I don't strongly relate to type 4. In fact, I barely relate at all.

I resonate more with type 5 than with type 4. 5w6 fits better than 5w4.

3, 7, and 8 all sound like absolutely horrid matches. More 2w1 than 2w3.

Social variants. I'm definitely sx-last. Sp sounds right. So, I can also see. I'm going with sp/so.

Ugh that was a lot of reading and a lot of test taking. But now I'm finally going to attempt to assemble... my tritype! *drumroll*

Since I related to 9w1 more than any other enneagram type, I am going to assuming I am 9w1 gut center first. Head... it's hard to pick between 6w5 and 5w6. After a little more reading, I think 6w5 descriptions match me just a bit better than 5w6. The heart center is the hardest for me because nothing fit all that much. It's going to be either 4w5 or 2w1. And I have determied... 2w1.

:dry:

So I'm right back where I started. After nearly three hours of test-taking and studying enneagram, I have basically confirmed my enneagram type as 9w1 6w5 2w1 sp/so. It's kind of reassuring, but at the same time a little worrying... like what if I was unable to rid myself of that bias? Actually, I think I did a good job with being open-minded during the whole process. Like I said, I think enneagram is the easiest of the three major personality systems for me. And I wasn't 100% sold on my tritype before, but now I can certainly say that I am confident with it.

Anyway, that was a lot of me rambling into the void. Tired now, but tomorrow, I'm going to fight socionics and MBTI head-on!

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Socionics is up next. I have not delved too deep into this system, either, so it will be very interesting to learn more.
My goals for this part include:
  • Taking multiple socionics tests
  • Determining my quadra
  • Researching each sociotype
  • Determining my best match
  • Finding my subtype within that type
The only thing I have found that I dislike about socionics from what I know before going into it is that all of that stuff about each type's appearance is bogus and weird. Personality and appearance have nothing to do with each other. I'm not even sure if I believe in a correlation at all, unless you want to show me hard proof from a reputable source. Anyway, I will begin test-taking. Once again, I will be clearing my head of prior knowledge of how socionics works and all my biases as well as I possibly can in order to try and get the most accurate depiction of my socionics type without any pre-conceived notions of what I "think" it should be based on my current typing.

Test 1 result:

Test 2 result:

There was a third test that I was going to try, but the wording is bizarre and unnatural and making me uncomfortable. I don't think it was written by a native English speaker--not that that's what I dislike about the test; just merely an observation about why I don't feel like I can finish it.

Next, I will look at the quadras and see which one I most identify with, and see if that matches up with the results I've gotten.

Alpha:
What I agree with: Discussing theories for fun, not necessarily seriously. Like consistency. Like positive emotional atmosphere. Detailed storytelling. Like holidays. Avoid unpleasant interactions. Lighthearted group atmosphere.
What I don't agree with: Don't like to take advice, but experience for themselves. Don't think of people as "insiders" and "outsiders." Finding formalities pretentious.

Beta:
What I agree with: See people in terms of groups they're associated with. Case-by-case basis rather than generalizing. Lighthearted group activities. Like people who are like them. Humanitarian. Public criticizing of someone's traits is rude and belittling. Don't like long-winded stories.
What I don't agree with: Like and energized by competition, and prefer it to relaxation. Fairly analytical. Don't like talking about their own experiences. Prefer large/collective groups. See quieter group events as boring.

Gamma:
What I agree with: Loyalty is super important. Not much point in things that aren't really practical. Focus on what is more than what could be. Small groups preferred.
What I don't agree with: Value ideas more than facts. Sound kind of vengeful. Group interaction is serious rather than lighthearted. Confrontational.

Delta:
What I agree with: Value peaceful activities. Can't rely on luck. Comfortable sharing personal experience. Avoid dramatic displays. Don't like high-pressure situations.
What I don't agree with: Prefer serious group activities. Not poetic.

Taking into account how much I agree/disagree with each quadra, and giving what is important to me more weight, I would say my preferences are as follows: Alpha > Beta > Delta > Gamma.

Looking back at my results, this would support that I am most likely of the Alpha quadra (my scores were INTj and ISFp, but also ISFj said it was 100% as likely as ISFp, so I will be giving that some attention too).

I am now going to look at each socionics type, giving slightly more attention to INTJ, ISFp, and ISFj than the others, and determine my best match. I will write anything I find slightly significant or interesting about how I relate to each type below.

LII INTj: This has way too much emphasis on the abstract, which I am terrible with. I am not identifying with this at all and very confused as to how I got this as a result. Wait, looking back at those results, it said ENFj is 100% as likely... I'll have to pay attention to that too, because this one makes 0 sense for me.
ILE ENTp: This doesn't sound like me either. A little more fitting than INTj, perhaps.
ESE ESFj: The best fit so far, but a little too... positive-sounding? And too outgoing to be a right fit. It's better than the other two so far for sure, but I'm not quite as... obsessed/controlling as the description would suggest.
SEI ISFp: This fits much more than anything else so far, including ESE. At the same time, sounds a little too "soft" for me.
LSI ISTj: Better than LII and ILE, but a little too "hard" or rigid to fit me well. It's an okay description. Parts are me, parts are not.
SLE ESTp: Fits better than LSI. But too outgoing and rigid, once again. Perhaps a better fit than ESE would be.
EIE ENFj: One of the best fits so far. A little better than SLE and ESE, about as "maybe" as SEI.
IEI INFp: Meh, a little bit. EIE was a better fit, but IEI isn't the worst I've seen thus far.
ESI ISFj: Actually a pretty good fit, one of the better ones so far.
SEE ESFp: I'm not seeing it. One of the worse ones, but not as bad as the first couple lol.
LIE ENTj: It's okay, but there are a handful of others that fit much better.
ILI INTp: Meh, a little bit. Again, not strong enough to consider any longer.
EII INFj: It's alright. I'll have to compare it to the others.
IEE ENFp: No... I don't relate at all.
LSE ESTj: Too... business-y. Like, too practical for me to consider.
SLI ISTp: Again, one of the better ones, but I'm not sure if it's *the* one.

Taking into account how I felt about each type when reading about them the first time, watch and be amazed as I narrow them down further, and assess those ones even more in depth. I will probably be giving a little more weight to the Alphas, since I identify with that quadra.

My narrowed down list: SEI, EIE, ESI, EII, SLI. Considering my quadra preferences, but not depending on them, the order of what might be most to least likely from those choices is as follows: SEI, EIE, EII, SLI, ESI.

Next up is to look at each one of those types even more in depth and decide how to narrow it down even further.

SEI ISFp:
What I agree with: They are aware of whether they are comfortable in their surroundings or not. Like to make environment more comfortable. Don't like fast-paced way of the world. Sometimes socially anxious in unfamiliar environments. Attuned to emotional environment. Value group harmony. Peace/calm > hostility. Shy and reserved. Concerned with offending others. Rich inner world. Don't think about the future a lot, and are inclined to get anxious when they do. Not interested in the technical. Hesitant giving feedback. Responsible. Self and friends > work. Importance of kindness and decency.
What I don't agree with: Good at reading body signals and hosting/caring for others. Sometimes have overly mundane conversational tendencies. Spend energy on sensory/physical experiences. Spontaneous interaction rather than strong emotional connections. See ethics as depending on emotional atmosphere rather than character.
Overall thoughts: Seems to be a good fit. Lots of things I agree with, but I've got some problems at well. We'll see how it compared to the others.

EIE ENFj:
What I agree with: The people in groups are more important than the group itself. Humorous around friends. Good with persuasion. Keen sense of emotional atmosphere. Don't mind letting others be leaders. Friends are super important. Ability to paint pictures with words. Feelings are sometimes more important than efficiency. Logic is important, but not as important as people.
What I don't agree with: Lively and animate. Can consider hostile people friends. Good at envisioning evolution from past to future. Very bothered by people dwelling on past problems. Care a lot about the purpose of life. Make a lot of errors in daily routine. Feels uncomfortable relaxing; causes them stress. More direct with criticism and harshness.
Overall thoughts: Multiple things that I both agree and disagree with. Overall, I don't think it's impossible, but I agree with SEI more.
So far: SEI > EIE

EII INFj:
What I agree with: Attuned to people and emotions. Bonds create harmony in relationships. Care deeply for people they are emotionally bonded with. Respectful. Ideals about what people should be like. A little oblivious to their surroundings. Tendency to be passive and self-focused. Sometimes oblivious to flirting. Admire efficiency. Like to learn about topics that interest them. Prone to stress. Prefer slower pace. Prefer close-knit groups. Occasionally can be very expressive.
What I don't agree with: Care a lot about wasting their potential. Not so great management skills (mostly with time). Blunt and honest about feelings.
Overall thoughts: I feel like there wasn't as much substance to this type description as there were for the others I've looked at. However, there's a lot I can agree with, as well as some things that I'm just like "nah."
So far: SEI > EII > EIE

SLI ISTp:
What I agree with: Like nature. Self-focused. Outwardly calm. Tend to be relaxed. Prefer to dress comfortably. Hands-on. Communicate accurate information. Efficient. Prefer comfortable, slower pace. Like calmer environments and avoid loud ones. Dislike being in the spotlight. Content with being alone often. Have strong opinions. Generally good-natured. Sometimes seen as stubborn. Mostly laid-back.
What I don't agree with: Aware of physical sensations. Odd aesthetic sense. Lifestyle is a little cheap. Can be rather dry and matter-of-fact. Like analyzing. More focused on physical experiences than living in their own head. Don't care about the approval of others. Can be straightforward/aggressive.
Overall thoughts: It's an okay description. It's not the best fit though, for sure.
So far: SEI > EII > EIE > SLI

ESI ISFj:
What I agree with: Focus on inner world. Desire to work out how they really feel. Desire to be fair. Not a lot of close relationships, but the ones they have are treated with loyalty and compassion. Inclined to privacy. Sometimes have difficulty forgiving. Vibe as friendly but also unapproachable. Importance of personal morals. Rule-following. Sometimes avoid others. Try to justify their actions. Concrete > abstract. Prone to sometimes thinking of morals as black and white. Don't like hostile environments. Not a lot of focus on sensory pleasures.
What I don't agree with: Confrontational. Blunt. Tough love. Straightforward in conversation.
Overall thoughts: It would be a really good fit if there wasn't constant reminder of the confrontational nature and tendency to be blunt.

Taking into account what I've decided about how I relate to each of these types, as well as how I've stacked their likelihood while researching them, and taking into account quadra preferences, and doing a little additional research into the difference between SEI, ESI, and EII, as well as looking at the socionics temperaments, I determine that my socionics type is... *drumroll* SEI ISFp.

This has been... a lot of time and research just to re-discover the socionics type I already typed as. Considering the same thing happened with enneagram, I'm not sure whether I should be worried that I'm doing something wrong, or just making a mistake in second-guessing myself. In my defense, I was much more confident with enneagram and socionics in my current typings than with MBTI, which is what I am mostly confused about.

Lastly, I'll be deciding whether I am ISFp-Si or ISFP-Fe. Ignoring the weird appearance things completely because I think that's garbage, and only reaidng about characteristics, I think it is safe so say that I am ISFp-Si, which I relate to a lot more than ISFp-Fe.

Whew. This is a fucking long post. But I'm glad I wrote my thought process out, in case I one day start doubting myself again. Next up is the cursed, dreaded MBTI type that I'm so unsure about. That's going to wait until tomorrow... this has been more than enough work for one night.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Quick thoughts on type and concerns before forcing myself to stop thinking about it and go to bed:

I think I am mostly stuck between ISFJ, ISTJ, and ISFP in MBTI. My doubts regarding ISFJ stem from the fact that I constantly doubt my Fe and wonder if it's not just Fi and 9, and relate to Te much more. However, my reluctance to take on ISTJ as a label stems from my reluctance to accept myself as Te-aux and a T type. If I'm an ISTJ, am I Si-Fi loop? Do I even have enough Te to call myself a Te-aux? My consideration of ISFP stems from a hybrid of my ISxJ issues. I think I relate to Fi more than Fe, and more than Te. But I don't relate much to Se or Ni. Maybe I should then consider INFP? But I definitely do not think I am Ne-aux either. I know I'm an introverted type, and I'm positive I'm a sensor. I'm also fairly certain I am a feeler.

My thoughts just keep bouncing off of each other and looping. I go from the beginning of my thought process to the end and repeat it in an endless cycle. It doesn't help that while researching socionics tonight, I realized the sensing and feeling function seemed kind of "reversed" (Si in socionics reminded me more of Se in MBTI, and Fi and Fe were just totally mixed). Which means that I don't know how to "translate" my socionics type into MBTI, if such a thing is even possible. At first I though, "Oh, well Si+Fe, so SEI and ISFJ." But after seeing how... different... the S+F functions are in the two systems, I doubt I can rely on that.

I'm almost reluctant to start my MBTI journey tomorrow. I'm confident in my enneagram and socionics type now, but I'm hungry for my MBTI type as well. MBTI was the first system I became interested in, so it means more to me. The confusion and cyclical thinking are just too much for me.

Last edited:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I did the "double checking your MBTI type" that this thread has. There were a couple of things I just couldn't decide on, so I wasn't able to narrow it down to just one result. But based on this, I'm some sort of ISxx.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISFJ or ISFP. I feel like a blend of both. I feel like my functions go Si>Fi>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ne>Ni. Parts of both ISFJ and ISFP descriptions resonate with me, but I also have a lot of problems with both.

I am very internally-focused. At times this can make me oblivious to the people and environment around me. Whenever I'm walking somewhere (like to class) while lost in my head, I feel like I'm on autopilot. I can navigate just fine without paying much attention, but if someone tries to talk to me and pulls me out of whatever it is I'm thinking about, it feels like someone flashing a bright light in my eyes in the middle of the night. My gut reaction is to get it to stop.

I don't actually care about the people around me as much as I lead people to believe I do. I'm more concerned with just keeping the atmosphere around me calm and peaceful... because that is what I personally value. I don't want there to be conflict because I don't like conflict. If people start drama and I'm not involved, I don't care that much about it besides curiosity. My inner peace is very important to me, but it is hard for me to feel at east if my outer world is in chaos. I think this is mostly where my 9 comes in and confuses things.

I am aware that I talk about myself a lot, and say "I" this and "I" that a lot, but I don't know what else to talk about. "I" am the center of my own personal universe, and whenever I'm having a conversation with someone and they mention something, immediately relate it back to something I know about it. Even if I were to talk without using "I" language, I'd just rephrase it in a way that uses "me" instead so that I didn't look as self-centered... No one has pointed this out to me, but I have noticed it about myself and am sure others have to some extent as well.

I am not a nurturing person. I am not an openly emotionally expressive person. I'm comfortable with sharing my emotions... with a total of 2 people, who I am very, very close to. I would talk to them about things that I wouldn't talk to my own parents about. I think that is something on tests that I have been misinterpreting all this time. I'm uncomfortable with sharing unless I am willing to share and I don't like being "forced" into sharing. I'm not sure if this is a Fe/Fi thing or a T/F thing, because my best friend is ISTJ but doesn't share anything emotional with me at all... or with anyone, for that matter.

I'm still confused about how the Sx and Fx functions are described different in socionics and MBTI.

There is also one other thing that worries me. I'm very sure that my temperament (phlegmatic-melancholic) is correct. And I'm sure that my 9w1 is correct. I am not a direct or confrontational person... or at least I don't consider myself to be so. However, here is where my problem begins: the reason I don't consider myself to be so is because I'm not that way around strangers. Most of the time when I answer test questions about how I am "most of the time," I consider both how I feel that I am, and how I am in social settings. But when I think of myself in social settings, it's always in terms of around strangers. I am not comfortable around strangers. I came to the realization today that I'm much more crude and curt with people I am comfortable around--immediate family members and close friends. I would never want to argue heated politics with a stranger, and if I had to, I wouldn't be putting "my all" into it, but I have no problem getting into heated debates with my father, sister, and close friends. I don't know if this is a 9w1 thing or a comfort thing or what. But I've often been accused by my sister of being offensive and "mean" in her eyes. I don't know how accurate her idea of me really it. I know that how other people see me certainly isn't the same as how she sees me.

Speaking of how others see me--I'm not sure what my friends or family would think my type is. None of them care about MBTI. Strangers would probably think I have an NT vibe before they start talking to me because I always look so serious and focused. I'm very sure I'm not an NT though.

What the fuck is my type? Why do I care so much? Why am I so obsessed with giving a label to myself? I think it's because I want to know who I am. Sometimes I don't know how to describe what I'm feeling, but the feelings are strong and they're there. Having a label helps give me a way to identify myself, I think. In some sense, I must be a blend of ISFJ and ISFP. Which fucking sucks, because it's like saying, "Have fun narrowing down what you are out of every function in the book."

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh. I hate this.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I did the "double checking your MBTI type" that this thread has. There were a couple of things I just couldn't decide on, so I wasn't able to narrow it down to just one result. But based on this, I'm some sort of ISxx.

Welcome to my world! We're in the exact same boat! :hi:

For what it's worth, I really do think you are ISJ though...and you give off quite the F vibe.

You could always just do what I do and randomly pick a type to put in your profile. Soon people will be saying that you fit into that type no matter what it really is (save for maybe an extraverted type).

(Disclaimer: I didn't actually read the posts on this page.)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Welcome to my world! We're in the exact same boat! :hi:

For what it's worth, I really do think you are ISJ though...and you give off quite the F vibe.

You could always just do what I do and randomly pick a type to put in your profile. Soon people will be saying that you fit into that type no matter what it really is (save for maybe an extraverted type).

(Disclaimer: I didn't actually read the posts on this page.)

Lol see, this is actually what I'm worried about. My main concern is that I want to be sure of what type I really am, and not just try to fool others and myself into believing that I'm a type that I may not actually be. :(

Why is type so hard

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Lol see, this is actually what I'm worried about. My main concern is that I want to be sure of what type I really am, and not just try to fool others and myself into believing that I'm a type that I may not actually be. :(
Yeah, that could be happening right now even with me saying you seem like an ISFJ. And it probably happens to the people who say that I seem like an ISTJ.

The only way to really remedy this is to meet some people, not tell them of your type, and gradually get to know them really well. Then ask them what type they think you are without describing yourself to them. Obviously, this is by no means an easy task and would take a shitton of time.

I guess another method you could try is to teach your family members and/or any close friends about MBTI without revealing your type. Then ask them individually (not collectively...multiple opinions may be better) what type they think you are.

Why is type so hard

:shrug:

Maybe because type isn't really useful. Here is a serious criticism of MBTI listed on Wikipedia.

As described in the Four dichotomies section, Isabel Myers considered the direction of the preference (for example, E vs. I) to be more important than the degree of the preference. Statistically, this would mean that scores on each MBTI scale would show a bimodal distribution with most people scoring near the ends of the scales, thus dividing people into either, e.g., an extraverted or an introverted psychological type. However, most studies have found that scores on the individual scales were actually distributed in a centrally peaked manner, similar to a normal distribution, indicating that the majority of people were actually in the middle of the scale and were thus neither clearly introverted nor extraverted. Most personality traits do show a normal distribution of scores from low to high, with about 15% of people at the low end, about 15% at the high end and the majority of people in the middle ranges.

It's why so many people have a hard time figuring out their type unless they have some really obvious traits.

So again, type isn't really at all useful. It's a game to me...a game of categorization that can be fun when applied to real or fictional people. There's not much else beyond that.