• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do I always get "extrovert' even though I behave like an introvert?

shanix

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I did the MBTI test 3 time- 2 times i got ESFP and 1 time ENFP, with extroversion 23-25% more than introversion. But.......

I have much fewer friends and acquaintance compared to most ESFPs I know.
Haven't had a boyfriend, even though I'm 17
Prefers to be around people to being alone, but sometimes really cannot find people to hang out with, therefore i did/am doing a LOT of activities alone
Loud and rambunctious in small groups and cliques (typical of esfps) BUT quiet and considered shy in large groups, like in classrooms of 25 people (atypical of esfps)
Sometimes could be uncomfortable with strangers
Having quite a few haters in school (mainly girls ) as they think I'm attention seeking, vain

+++: my infj friend says she always felt i should be an isfp, but i have never gotten isfp on the MBTI before, but i feel there might be a possibility? she's also really into the personality tests thing, so I trust her

TLDR: basically i really like to be around people but I'm alone more than I would like (due to kinda being bullied a bit and being an only child), and therefore confused why my extrovert preferance is so much higher than introvert preferance

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Prefers to be around people to being alone, but sometimes really cannot find people to hang out with, therefore i did/am doing a LOT of activities alone

Typology is not about the behavior in itself but the cognitive process behind it. The fact that you've spent a lot of time doing solitary activities is irrelevant if you were forced to by the circumstances (i.e. no people to hang out with).

Sometimes could be uncomfortable with strangers

That happens to everyone from time to time, and being shy isn't the same as being an introvert.

You need to figure out whether your dominant function is Fi or Se.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When your extroversion is a perceiving function, it means you gain energy through perception, so it tends to be less socially oriented than an extroverted judging function.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Because you have no moral fiber!

Because extraversion and introversion are not equal to social and not social.
Its about level of external stimuli you can sustain before "rest"
And extrovert can sit around all day but still be exposed to 5 books, 300 websites and 2000 lines of code. That doesnt make him or her an introvert.
Introversion is about how you get to your optimal energy levels in a normal situation - do you like stimulating environments / activity to energize you or do you like to switch off and go quite. Because your brain's "normal state" requires excitement or not.

If it doesnt then extra stimulation will tire you more than an introvert

shanix

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Typology is not about the behavior in itself but the cognitive process behind it. The fact that you've spent a lot of time doing solitary activities is irrelevant if you were forced to by the circumstances (i.e. no people to hang out with).

That happens to everyone from time to time, and being shy isn't the same as being an introvert.

You need to figure out whether your dominant function is Fi or Se.

Omg, i read up on Se and Ni functions. I agree with Se more. I think I have quite low Fi. However isn't the second function of esfps supposed to be Fi? How can mine be low?

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Omg, i read up on Se and Ni functions. I agree with Se more. I think I have quite low Fi. However isn't the second function of esfps supposed to be Fi? How can mine be low?

Have you considered the fact that you may be in a loop?

A) A dominant-tertiary loop?
For ESFPs, this is a Te-Se loop.
For ISFPS, this is an Fi-Ni Loop.

B) Developing your third function?

C) In an inferior loop? (Using Ni or Te?)

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I never thought of myself as extraverted, because growing up I was offbeat and awkward and didn't socialize like other kids. And I learned to live in my head and on my own, so I didn't have the usual extraverted dependence on people. But I find that when I find some open space to connect with people, I take off like a greyhound! I get a lot of juice from interactions with others.

EFP's have a secret Fi side, and we tend to be more aware of our reflective side. From the outside view, if you are intermittently outspoken and colourful and playful, people always remember those moments, and not the ones where you're sitting in the corner thinking. Extraverts aren't necessarily the rambunctious lame brains that the introverted internet has made us out to be.

Also similar to what Fia said, when you're a dominant extraverted perceiver, sure you're going to engage with your external environment, but your Pe also has a very receptive, almost introverted side, because it's an information gathering function. Like I use my Ne when I'm reading, but no one can see that!

You also might be an ISFP!

shanix

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Ok, I now think I'm an ISFP in a Fi-Ni loop now, as I'm not spontaneous(as I would like to be) and has a lot of things left unchecked on my bucket list .
Definitely can't be ESFP in a loop as esfp in a loop would have just went ahead to do the things they like , eg diving hooking up etc

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Behaviour not the same as motivation maybe? Although linked.