• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please type my enneagram

victory gin

After so many years being out of Typology I would like to see what people think of my enneagram type. I would be very appreciative of anyone who takes the time to take a look and more so if they show their reasoning :) I do have my own ideas but I don't necessarily want to share them to prejudice an outcome.

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
I have been interested in Typology for a long time but have always had problems typing myself because I see my personality in many of the types. I have done quite a lot of research on enneagram, though, but I've not read any books.

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself?
With regards to emotions I'm not anywhere. I suppress my emotions at a baseline; they aren't useful and just get in the way. Mentally I'm probably think about how to do something, how to organise something, about a 50/50 split of practical or abstract thinking. I'm probably planning something or learning something.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you? It's ok. I get by. I'm an independent young man with an OK job although I work a lot. I have a nice house and I have fun and do interesting things. My mental processes are very complex though, I rarely ever stop thinking.

b. What have others said about you? Probably every adjective you can think of. I think the most common thing that people say about me is that I'm funny. The thing is that I usually hear both sides of the coin, for isntance someone will praise me on how hardworking I am and then someone will say I'm lazy, for instance, so it's hard to get a clear picture of what people think of me.

c. What do you think of yourself? I think I'm alright. There are people who like and will like me and people who don't and wouldnt; that's fine because not everyone can like you, if they do you never made a worthwhile decision and you probably haven't got a real personality. I have the potential to be something really great, though. I know that sounds narcissistic, but I have always felt it. My good side is generous, humorous and gregarious. I can be a really total cunt when my bad sides shows though: needlessly aggressive, trivialising other people and generally putting them down. At my best I see people as individuals who need nurturing and at my worst as objects to be used for a particular gain.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.
a. People dying. Quite a few people close to me in my life have died. A stiff upper lip and a bottle of booze have helped me get through this.
b. Addiction. I have a very precarious relationship with alcohol and make myself stay away from illegal drugs because I know the consequences would be bad. (they almost got bad in the past.) I smoke a pack a day as well and I show some signs of sex addiction.
c. Failure. I have failed at a few things I have tried. Luckily through industry I have put this behind me and finally made myself independent and not reliant on anyone.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
I don't like doing things for the sake of doing them. I like the things I do to come from a sense of directed purpose rather than ambling. It's also very difficult for me to relax and generally I don't like relaxing.

b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?
I am a very patient person when it comes to people (usually) but when it comes to both systems and mechanical/electronic things, I am impatient. I one tried to break the lift at work because it was working really slowly and if you break these things then people come to fix them and bring them back up to standards. Turns out it was just a poorly designed lift. I would like to be able to wait for things longer. Sometimes I just want to be able to slow down.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
They just drift away. We lose any reason to contact one another. Rarely do we have direct arguments, tbh. We just lose contact; there are a few friends to whom I can go back after years and everything is the same, but there's only a handful of those. I have noticed some people become less interested in me after I have seemingly offended them in some way by doing or not doing something.

6. Which types do you identify with most?
I identify most with 8, 6 and 7 in that order. I relate to 8 because fundamentally I like getting people to do things in accordance with my plan and my way and I don't like working within other people's plans unless I personally approve of them. I relate to 6 because I feel the need for security and a balanced risk-analysis approach to some things, but on the other hand I also relate to 7 because I really need to get the most of my life and live it to the full.

I don't relate to the 'paranoid' aspect of 6, I am generally trusting of people - I don't need to be wary or cautious of them, since they can't damage me - and I don't relate to the aspect of 8 which must control everything, I am ok with people being in control as long as they are competent and fair. For 7 I don't relate to their fears. No pain, no gain. Sometimes life has to hurt and that's good because it makes you strong.

7. Which types are least like you?
I would say 3 and 4. I relate strongly to both the basic fears of these types, I just don't like how they choose to deal with it and, I mean just reading the profiles of these types, I specifically think they are very petty. I usually like the enneagram 4s I meet in real life and while I can respect the competence I can sense in a lot of type 3s (that I meet personally), I am really irritated by self-promotion and what I see as their ability to twist things to place themselves on top.

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
I want to find love eventually and make my family and me a family man and so on and I really look forward to being a father. That being said I am not rushing into it and it doesn't take up a large part of my thinking -- I am more focused on casual, short-term relationships right now.

9. What is the message your superego tells you?
I get a lot of 'should have' from my super-ego. You should have done this, you should have done that. My super-ego rarely sends positive messages. It usually condemns me for not having the balls to grab what I want when it was there for the taking, or for allowing myself to be told off by people without responding strongly.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

- to be powerful, strong, unassailable.
- to be knowledgeable (there was a spelling mistake here ;))
- to be accomplished and successful
- to be a loveable person
- to be "okay", having it together
- to be sensitive, original, unique, and creative
- to be devoted and loyal to a person or cause
- to strive to become/behave like a good person
- to be loving and benevolent

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

- People have wronged and messed with me (but not necessarily with me directly? maybe 'my people' or 'without me specifically in mind')
- I have been abandoned and I am inherently flawed
- I have a sense of being unimportant, insignificant, but NOT [and undeserving of attention]
- I feel imperfect, not (good) enough
- I have felt weak and/or vulnerable to attack
- I must do everything to maintain my world
- I feel isolated, cut off, and ultimately separate
- I've had a sense of being rejectable
- I'm outside the natural unfoldment of things[/spoiler]

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.
This one is really hard! I separated it into core fears I feel and core fears I don't at all, in no other order.

DO FEAR
- Failure
- Weak and not being on top of things
- Creating conflict by making myself or my needs too obvious
- A lot--everything and everyone to one degree or another. It's very generalized.
- Something is basically wrong with me--I'm not good enough
- Being abandoned, sadness, feeling lost

DON'T FEAR
- Boredom, grunt work, and being exposed as a charlatan
- Rejection, being needy, and not being loved
- Entanglements and losing what I have

BeyondTheGrey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get a very 2/3ish vibe from the above post, but i'm an amateur so forgive if i'm wrong, you could be a counterphobic 6.