• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prove Me Wrong

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At the moment, I am having a little trouble typing the characters for my novel. I would like some feedback/help in typing them, so I can get a better representation of their characters/relationships. I'm going to describe them below, and then guess what type I think they are. If you think I'm wrong, prove me wrong. Tell me why, though:

RICKY

Ricky enjoys living life to the full. He's quick-minded, rebellious and enjoys pushing people's buttons. Very practically minded and always on the go, Ricky has more than enough energy to grab life by the horns, and lead it down the direction he wants it to go. He almost always stays true to his word, even if it means screwing some things up. Quick-witted and logical, Ricky is a troubleshooter for anything. He knows the insides and outsides of everything. In every system, he finds a flaw and can use it to his advantage. Although business-orientated and suave, Ricky has his downfalls. He's very impulsive, greedy and addicted to the sex, drugs and rock'n'roll lifestyle. Despite getting in trouble with the authorities more than once, Ricky still has his job as a Biology teacher, due to his likeability and talent at working with even the hardest to teach kids. He also has the singing voice from Heaven and can play the guitar amazingly well.

HECTOR

Hector is Ricky's 'fabulous' fraternal twin. Artistic, caring and fun-loving, Hector is the ideal guy to party with. Despite being more feminine than most ladies, he has his fair share of girlfriends. Hector has a strong sense of self, and knows who he is, and how he came to be. He will stand by his beliefs and family/friends if he has to; not out of fear, but out of love for them. Hector has amazing people skills and lots of charm. Although he's not a very technical or business minded person, he has his own business as an Interior Designer. He has enough skills to get by managing for the most part on his own. Flamboyant, boisterous and sassy are three words everyone would use to describe Hector, but despite his loudness at parties, and his ability to connect with everyone in the group, he has a private side to him that very few people ever get to experience. Hector is a puzzle within a puzzle. Hector is Marmite. Some people love him for who he is, other people detest what he stands for. Although he found happiness through Pammy, Hector is prone to getting into overindulgent loops. When he does things, he goes all out. Hooked on drugs, alcohol, the rent boy lifestyle and stuck with an eating disorder, he has tried to change for his Son, but he still struggles with addiction everyday.

MIKE

Mike is the marvellous best friend of Hector. Knowledgeable, theoretical and goal-orientated, Mike knows exactly when to leap to reap the benefits of every opportunity. He has a strong business-minded ethos, a strong sense of honour and professionalism, whilst maintaining a 'cool guy' image at the same time. Mike is a sponge, he knows everything about anything. When asked how, he shrugs and claims that the universe gave him the answers. Hidden underneath his logical, strategy filled mind, hides a sensitive side few know about. Rarely emotional, Mike has his private moments of sorrow. Strong and cool-headedness goes out the window. He looses control. But when he's at his best, there's no stopping him. Although Mike is happy being in the passenger's seat, he has no issues taking things over and driving them to where they need to be. Armed with a life full of resources, facts, experiences, predictions and visions of how he wants life to be, Mike is more than prepared to be the captain.

PAMMY

Pammy is Hector's loyal wife of 20 years. Pammy adores her family, friends and even her enemies. Always wearing a friendly smile, Pammy is more than grateful to help anyone out. Practical, caring and a mentor to those close to her, Pammy fixes things through her 'caregiver' attitude. Known to motivate Hector through even his darkest days with her amazing stories and advice, she has the rep of being the 'Mom he never had'. Homely, intelligent, creative and wise are how most people would describe the wonderful Pammy. Although she appears cool-headed when giving advice, under stress she becomes emotional as hell. Even the cat knows to leave her alone. Despite he outbursts, Pammy is a superwoman, who can cook, clean, fix anything you give her and juggle two kids [Yes, Hector and HJ xD] with her full-time job. Thoroughly respected throughout the neighbourhood, Pammy cheers anyone up any time, anywhere. Oh, and she never misses a birthday... and throws the most kick-ass parties! ;)

These are the main characters. I may do a part two if this goes well and people type these good ;D I didn't write this for 2 and a half year for no reason... ;)

Come on people! Help me validate their types!

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My guesses/Do I agree

Ricky: xSTP 7w8/Yes
Hector: ESFP 2w3/No, sensor dominant for sure with the addictions. Loop, I saw Se-Te. "For his son" suggests Fi over Fe. As well as 2, and 3 for his being a major "character" - flamboyant and outspoken.
Mike: INTP 5w4 [strong 5 --> 8]/No. "jumping at the opportunities" isn't Te, it's Ne. Rare outbursts of emotion are inferior Fe. Could also be a really really well-developed ENTJ (but would not be as autonomous, and would need advisers to realize such opportunities with greater ease).
Pammy: xSFP 2wX/Sure. I suppose SFJ is a possibility too, but her tendencies seem to focus more on the individual. Fi.

PS - Like seeing the creative juices flowing. Keep at it. :D

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Is it yours?
Are you writing the novel?
Btw I'm mike

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I'm Mike! :D

Nope. Deffo not ;)

Ricky - ESTP
Hector - ENFJ
Mike - INTJ
Pammy - ISFJ

Hm... ENFJ for Hector? Interesting. You see De over Fi.
ISFJ for Pammy? Interesting. I've never seen her as an Si-Dom for some reason. Always thought she was a strong feeler, but I guess I could see a good amount of Si in her.

Ricky sounds like ESxP, and perhaps 8w7
Hector is ExFP, probably a 4w3; he could pass for IxFP based on the description.
Mike is ENTx, unclear on enneatype
Pammy is ExFJ, 2w1

I might be wrong, but these were quick guesses and I didn't take a lot of time to think about it.

ESxP? Interesting. You think that he might be a feeler? A feeler with strong Te? I knew he was gonna be 7 or 8. I originally had him typed as 7w8, though.
Yeah. I always had it set in my mind that Hector would be a 4 core. I wasn't sure if he was Fe or Fi, though.
Mike is ENTx? Ne or Te Dom... nice. Yeah, I wasn't sure of his enneatype either. I thought 5, though.
Hm... Pammy as Fe-Dom either way? That sounds reasonable, but I always thought she had quite a strong sensor side to her. Yeah, 2 sounds about right for her.

Is it yours?
Are you writing the novel?
Btw I'm mike

Yes, I am writing a novel and these are my main protagonist characters. You're Mike? Cool. A real life Mike :D

My guesses/Do I agree

Ricky: xSTP 7w8/Yes
Hector: ESFP 2w3/No, sensor dominant for sure with the addictions. Loop, I saw Se-Te. "For his son" suggests Fi over Fe. As well as 2, and 3 for his being a major "character" - flamboyant and outspoken.
Mike: INTP 5w4 [strong 5 --> 8]/No. "jumping at the opportunities" isn't Te, it's Ne. Rare outbursts of emotion are inferior Fe. Could also be a really really well-developed ENTJ (but would not be as autonomous, and would need advisers to realize such opportunities with greater ease).
Pammy: xSFP 2wX/Sure. I suppose SFJ is a possibility too, but her tendencies seem to focus more on the individual. Fi.

PS - Like seeing the creative juices flowing. Keep at it. :D

You think Ricky might be ISTP? Cool. I originally had him typed as ESTP.
2w3 for Hector? Woah. I never would have guessed that for him. I always seen him as more of a 4w3 guy. But yeah, ESFP sounds reasonable.
INTP for Mike? This one is really interesting. I would have never guessed Ne over Te for Mike. I guess the Inferior Fe could make sense, from the outburst point of view, but ENTJs also have inferior Fi. I agree with 5w4 for Mike, and his integration to 8 sounds like he is maturing too.

Thanks. It might be another three years before I get around to finishing it, though. That's low Intuition for you x)

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope. Deffo not ;)

Hm... ENFJ for Hector? Interesting. You see De over Fi.
ISFJ for Pammy? Interesting. I've never seen her as an Si-Dom for some reason. Always thought she was a strong feeler, but I guess I could see a good amount of Si in her.

ESxP? Interesting. You think that he might be a feeler? A feeler with strong Te? I knew he was gonna be 7 or 8. I originally had him typed as 7w8, though.
Yeah. I always had it set in my mind that Hector would be a 4 core. I wasn't sure if he was Fe or Fi, though.
Mike is ENTx? Ne or Te Dom... nice. Yeah, I wasn't sure of his enneatype either. I thought 5, though.
Hm... Pammy as Fe-Dom either way? That sounds reasonable, but I always thought she had quite a strong sensor side to her. Yeah, 2 sounds about right for her.

Yes, I am writing a novel and these are my main protagonist characters. You're Mike? Cool. A real life Mike :D

You think Ricky might be ISTP? Cool. I originally had him typed as ESTP.
2w3 for Hector? Woah. I never would have guessed that for him. I always seen him as more of a 4w3 guy. But yeah, ESFP sounds reasonable.
INTP for Mike? This one is really interesting. I would have never guessed Ne over Te for Mike. I guess the Inferior Fe could make sense, from the outburst point of view, but ENTJs also have inferior Fi. I agree with 5w4 for Mike, and his integration to 8 sounds like he is maturing too.

Thanks. It might be another three years before I get around to finishing it, though. That's low Intuition for you x)

"he shrugs and claims that the universe gave him the answers. Hidden underneath his logical, strategy filled mind, hides a sensitive side few know about."

This is incredibly Ti-Ne. Te takes in informational systems, ways of doing things that are already developed by others, and utilizes it. NTPs are the ones creating in a sense that they seem to "inherently have answers." His mind definitely emanates Ti and not Te based on your word choice, as he is not concerned with pre-existing data so much as what comes from within.

Cygnus

I put Rick ESFP, Hector as ENFJ, and Mike ISTP.

Pammy just sounds like a Mary Sue character. Too generic and too flat to give a type imho.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"he shrugs and claims that the universe gave him the answers. Hidden underneath his logical, strategy filled mind, hides a sensitive side few know about."

This is incredibly Ti-Ne. Te takes in informational systems, ways of doing things that are already developed by others, and utilizes it. NTPs are the ones creating in a sense that they seem to "inherently have answers." His mind definitely emanates Ti and not Te based on your word choice, as he is not concerned with pre-existing data so much as what comes from within.

Ah, I see what you mean now. I guess Mike is a very free-minded person when it comes to coming up with solutions to problems, and answers to questions he/people need to know. When he was in school, a lot of things were done by the book, but Mike was always ahead of the game mentally, and psychically (no, he wasn't an althete, but he was already doing the things before the teacher started them. He was a divergent thinker).

He has a unique way of thinking. Some of his thoughts are a little eccentric, but he usually ends up being right in the end. He has a bit of an "I told you so" attitude toward things, but he is humble too. He designed a whole "end of the world survival" document when he was 15, and mailed it to his future self.

Is that Ne creative?

I put Rick ESFP, Hector as ENFJ, and Mike ISTP.

Pammy just sounds like a Mary Sue character. Too generic and too flat to give a type imho.

Ricky ESFP? Interested to hear why. Same for Mike being ISTP. I kinda get why you said ENFJ for Hector, though.

Pammy's a Mary Sue? ;) You haven't seen her wild side yet lol.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with you just about.
Ricky - ESTP 7w8
Hector - ESFP 7w6
Mike - NTJ 3w4
Pammy - ESFJ 2w3

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4

Well then, silly, it's all yours, nobody can tell who your characters are better than you.
are you planning to make the novel title as inaccurate as this thread's?

Cygnus

Ricky ESFP? Interested to hear why.
Well if you're wondering why I didn't make him ESTP, it's because I've always known them to be the boy scouts of mbti. I've said this before but I don't really know how to elaborate on it. IME they've always seemed innately disciplined, running a greater risk of being too strong and independent for the good of others than self-destruction due to impulsivity. But I could be projecting things onto a personality type I envy.

Same for Mike being ISTP. I kinda get why you said ENFJ for Hector, though.
IME, Ti automatically reduces intricate nuances to their basest possible states, or at least when paired with Se. Sees one thing in a situation and takes it in one direction. Seems more an INTJ cliche over the second read tho, which is likely what you intended. idk

Pammy's a Mary Sue? ;) You haven't seen her wild side yet lol.
You can't call it wild if it's just a side.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree with you just about.
Ricky - ESTP 7w8
Hector - ESFP 7w6
Mike - NTJ 3w4
Pammy - ESFJ 2w3

7w6 and 3w4 for Mike? Interesting... I don't see Mike as very achievement orientated, though I had Hector's enneagram tritype at 479, which makes sense.

Well then, silly, it's all yours, nobody can tell who your characters are better than you.
are you planning to make the novel title as inaccurate as this thread's?

Well, smarty, this is more fun than anything. To see if people agree with my typings. See if they can 'prove me wrong' and suggest better typings than I can. I already have an idealised type of my characters in my mind.

Well if you're wondering why I didn't make him ESTP, it's because I've always known them to be the boy scouts of mbti. I've said this before but I don't really know how to elaborate on it. IME they've always seemed innately disciplined, running a greater risk of being too strong and independent for the good of others than self-destruction due to impulsivity. But I could be projecting things onto a personality type I envy.

IME, Ti automatically reduces intricate nuances to their basest possible states, or at least when paired with Se. Sees one thing in a situation and takes it in one direction. Seems more an INTJ cliche over the second read tho, which is likely what you intended. idk

You can't call it wild if it's just a side.

ESTP? That sounds more like ESTJ than anything else. Never actually met a Mary Sue ESTP like that before.... maybe I'm living on the wrong side of the world.

I had initially intended for Mike to be an xNTJ 5 of some sorts. It makes sense for him, imo.

You're taking this too seriously, lol.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Jeez.
Frankly, these characters of yours are like some gum in your mouth, you can chew them however you want.
You can even have an ISTJ version of Mike if given the right events in the story.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jeez.
Frankly, these characters of yours are like some gum in your mouth, you can chew them however you want.
You can even have an ISTJ version of Mike if given the right events in the story.

Probably, but I'm not going to. I don't want a carbon copy of my Dad on a page xD

Most fictional characters often come across as a blending of two different types; possibly showing how art imitates life being that we aren't all perfect copies.

Concerning oneself with MBTI types in regards to characters seems an exercise in wheel spinning and avoiding the actual act of writing.

Characters are born and live and die on the page. It's better to discover them there when the life of the plot throws meteors at their heads. See how they dodge.

:fpalm: That's not the whole point of this thread, though.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So you want us to chose your characters?
Make mike my carbon copy, I'm looking forward to read it.

NO! I just want to have a bit of fun, and see what people type my characters as,
and if people agree with my typings. I want to have a little comparison exercise.
There's nothing in the rules that says I can't turn Typology into a fun activity.

And I wouldn't want Mike as a carbon copy of you, even if you paid me.
Pft, thank god you don't have a twin on this forum ;)

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
NO! I just want to have a bit of fun, and see what people type my characters as,
and if people agree with my typings. I want to have a little comparison exercise.
There's nothing in the rules that says I can't turn Typology into a fun activity.

And I wouldn't want Mike as a carbon copy of you, even if you paid me.
Pft, thank god you don't have a twin on this forum ;)

Your book will be so unpopular then
If I knew you weote about me I'd take ten dollars for every word after the court.