• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help A Girl Out (in finding her mbti type)

c-jade

daisies and thunderstorms
MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I based my analysis on only tow threads you posted, I probably have a strong N people tell me that, I'm so good in reading mind and emotions of people which makes me an excellent helper [emoji1][emoji5]
I might be wrong who knows? Did you do the test? I think it will be an additional proof if it is ISFJ or not[emoji4]

I can definitely see strong N in you. You pick up on things very quickly.

I've gotten a wide array of results on the tests, especially recently. I'm usually an SJ, but that's the most consistency there's been. It depends on which test it is, though. Do you have one in particular in mind?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For whatever reason it seems like the server can't be found for that link. I tried my phone and computer. :/ Which is unfortunate, because it seems to be one of the few that I actually haven't taken before.

Seems like there is a problem with that link. Guess I will have to wait till it gets back up again.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've gotten a wide array of results on the tests, especially recently. I'm usually an SJ, but that's the most consistency there's been. It depends on which test it is, though. Do you have one in particular in mind?

I don't know if you've tried the 16personalities test but it worked for me
Free Personality Test | 16Personalities
And this one is pretty short, it's only 4 questions with double options, but you have to go with the option that you sense is more like you, even if you're sometimes more like the other option (general trait is very important)
Socionics Type Assistant TURBO

c-jade

MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if you've tried the 16personalities test but it worked for me
Free Personality Test | 16Personalities
And this one is pretty short, it's only 4 questions with double options, but you have to go with the option that you sense is more like you, even if you're sometimes more like the other option (general trait is very important)
Socionics Type Assistant TURBO

I got ESTJ on the 16 personalities test, with Extroversion at 19%, Sensing at 12%, Thinking at 9%, and Judging at 34%. I was also 74% Turbulent.
I always get ESTJ with the 16 personalities test, but I've never gotten that result with any other test. I think I'm a Feeler, for sure.

For the second test I got INFj, but it was really hard for me to choose between S and N. I ended up picking N because of these traits: Wonder mostly about the past or the future • Care about the future more than the present • Are often hesitant and doubtful

Also, I don't know if this helps anyone at all, but I also just took the Keirsey personality test and got "The Idealist", which it says there are four options for: Idealist-Teachers (ENFJ), Idealist-Counselors (INFJ), Idealist-Champions (ENFP), and Idealist-Healers (INFP). I also apparently took this test a year ago and got the same result.

Finally, I took some four temperaments tests and got melancholic > choleric.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got ESTJ on the 16 personalities test, with Extroversion at 19%, Sensing at 12%, Thinking at 9%, and Judging at 34%. I was also 74% Turbulent.
I always get ESTJ with the 16 personalities test, but I've never gotten that result with any other test. I think I'm a Feeler, for sure.

For the second test I got INFj, but it was really hard for me to choose between S and N. I ended up picking N because of these traits: Wonder mostly about the past or the future • Care about the future more than the present • Are often hesitant and doubtful

Also, I don't know if this helps anyone at all, but I also just took the Keirsey personality test and got "The Idealist", which it says there are four options for: Idealist-Teachers (ENFJ), Idealist-Counselors (INFJ), Idealist-Champions (ENFP), and Idealist-Healers (INFP). I also apparently took this test a year ago and got the same result.

Finally, I took some four temperaments tests and got melancholic > choleric.

Mmm those are really various results [emoji52]
You might be somewhere in between all of that, like for example you have a strong J and a strong P, and a strong E and I etc..
I for example think mostly about the future, which was easy for me to choose, and definitely an F..
I think reading a digging into details of these types will make you more able to determine, it's gonna be a tough job though [emoji28]
Or you can read about ISFJ and see if I was right, maybe I caught something that test couldn't hahaha [emoji39]
See? Her's the link I still think it's more like you, says that though they're introvert they have good people skills and active relationships, and they're humble and shy.. Maybe that's why you are somewhere between extrovert and introvert and so on..
ISFJ Strengths and Weaknesses | 16Personalities

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Hello! :bye: For years now I've been bouncing from type to type, and it seems that the more I learn about cognitive functions the harder it is for me to determine what type I am. I need some objective perspectives! Help a girl out?

I've gone from thinking I'm an ENFP, to an ENFJ, to ESFJ or ISFJ to even possibly ISTJ. So I'm open to any and all thoughts, at this point. :)

I will be provocative.

I went through the thread and my impression is mostly: INFP covered with 6w5 defensive mechanisms. What creates pesudo SJ vibe.
Your need for certainty is bringing your Si up the the surface more than this is usual for an INFP.
When you sum all the types that you relate to or test as you will see that all of them have something in common with INFP.

c-jade

MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will be provocative.

I went through the thread and my impression is mostly: INFP covered with 6w5 defensive mechanisms. What creates pesudo SJ vibe.
Your need for certainty is bringing your Si up the the surface more than this is usual for an INFP.
When you sum all the types that you relate to or test as you will see that all of them have something in common with INFP.

I really appreciate this insight. And since you were provocative with your insights I will be a bit more candid than I have been so far. Recently a lot of things have happened in my life that have led to literally every aspect of my world being unstable. My marriage is doing better but has been very rocky; my job is incredibly unstable due to financial issues, which means that my personal finances have been outrageously unstable; and all of my closest friends moved away this past summer so I really have no one that I even remotely trust in my life right now that I can talk to about what's going on. So nothing feels certain and because of that I've been really struggling with keeping depression at bay.

All that to say that I think your insights are very wise, and I've been starting to wonder myself if it's because of how unhealthy I am right now that I've been having such a hard time figuring out my type and "who I really am."

I just posted this in the NF forum, but I took three different mbti tests this morning and got INFJ for all of them. None of them used cognitive functions as far as I know, but I still thought that was interesting.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks for sharing this. Btw, I fully relate to your quest to know yourself, as this is my personal journey with some of your same issues.

I really appreciate this insight. And since you were provocative with your insights I will be a bit more candid than I have been so far. Recently a lot of things have happened in my life that have led to literally every aspect of my world being unstable. My marriage is doing better but has been very rocky; my job is incredibly unstable due to financial issues, which means that my personal finances have been outrageously unstable; and all of my closest friends moved away this past summer so I really have no one that I even remotely trust in my life right now that I can talk to about what's going on. So nothing feels certain and because of that I've been really struggling with keeping depression at bay.

Ouch, that is rough. I myself woke up in April realizing my 20 year marriage was mostly dead and that I had no clue who I was anymore. Having no one to confide is very rough. I started therapy for the first time in my life 5 months ago and it has been really good.

All that to say that I think your insights are very wise, and I've been starting to wonder myself if it's because of how unhealthy I am right now that I've been having such a hard time figuring out my type and "who I really am."

Yeah, I hear you. I taken the MBTI 20+ years ago and got ISTP and never looked into again or cared about it until a friend suggested I use it to help me find myself. I first tested INFP, then INFJ, and now ENFJ. Part of the varied results comes from not knowing ourselves. Ego hides things from ourselves to help us avoid potential pain, so we struggle to answer these tests correctly due to our own subconscious traits being hidden.

Reading various descriptions can help, as can the insight of others. I was positive I was an introvert until someone commented on my blog that she saw me as a ENFJ. A month of wrestling with it and I felt enough to want to change it, though I still feel pretty XNFJ......

I just posted this in the NF forum, but I took three different mbti tests this morning and got INFJ for all of them. None of them used cognitive functions as far as I know, but I still thought that was interesting.

Try to figure our your functions. I know I am a heavy N and F guy. I test higher on the tests on Fi than Fe, but I am a very obvious Fe user. I use Ni. Considering multiple possibilities is easy for me, but leaves me uneasy. I also use Ti and Se. So I could narrow it to 4 based upon top 4 functions - ISTP, ESTP, ENFJ, or INFJ. Some theorists argue that we should consider those sharing the top 4 functions as a group, because mature versions should merge together.

I saw SFJ in your very first post, with Si and Fe as your primary functions. If you agree, then self study and descriptions might help better clarify than more tests.

If you have never gone to personalitypage.com, I really like their type descriptions (in 4 areas-general, relations, growth, and careers).

You can also consider how you get when stressed. I found that very helpful to see the difference between ENJ and INFJ, as I resemble the EFJ under stress (excessive negative thinking mostly inwardly directed) than the INJ under stress (getting lost in sensory things).

But ultimately, you vision will be cloudy as long as you are unhealthy. Good luck!

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

I understand that it is not nice to be in such situations.
However I advise you that you do not put too much energy into finding your type at this moment because you do not have a overly strict personality at the moment or you have problems accessing your real self.
I understand that this can be interesting side topic to keep you going but the real result is questionable if you are in such state.

Also most people take tests in a wrong way and by this I mean that they pick answers in a way how they feel at the moment. What is wrong.
When you take a test it is better to stop at all questions and then think about how you were acting in this regard over the last 2 or 3 years. What tends to stabilize your answers and your scores.