• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENNEAGRAM me pls?

Sweetheart

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
?
:D

If you'd like to add any additional information or thoughts I suggest you do so.

I don't know where I found this questionnaire. My responses might not help, I'm not sure.

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself?

I usually find something to do before my thoughts take over, however I usually feel free completely when i'm alone since there are no people placing restrictions on me or caging me in. I tend to go alone outside, close my eyes, and endorse in my surroundings. This helps me accept and understand my own feelings more, and feelings my surroundings makes me feel very alive, especially when i'm alone. Usually I just think about how I can improve my character.

b. What have others said about you? - I don't really care to listen to the opinions of others regarding what they think of me, however since I was very young my teachers, peers, and anyone else I've met has mentioned my enthusiasm. Teachers used to call me the happiest kid in the school haha. I'm rather upfront about how I feel because I respect honesty so some people think i'm too upfront, others just think i'm insane because I do insane things that they didn't think of doing first.

c. What do you think of yourself?

I'm pretty insecure about being "different" than everyone else around me, however it seems to benefit me more often than not and it seems to attract people to me. Everyone tends to pick on themselves for individuality, but my traits put me in the middle, front and center. I'm probably the world's most unorganized perfection. For pretty much my entire life, people have always payed close attention to me (and I don't have any kind of disorders or anything) , so I grew up feeling like I was in a spotlight and it makes me anxious- but it also gives me ambition to impress people, since i'm used to it. I know this could sound conceited, but I am being completely honest with you.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.

Being too honest and sharing secrets- I've always felt the need to be the truth teller because I never understood secrets, even if it hurt someone else.
Feeling too sorry for people- Giving mercy to people who really didn't deserve it and didn't care about me.
Telling people when I feel positively about them- Boyfriends or friends, I've always been nervous about expressing how I feel.

4. You're not good at everything--

a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?

A fair amount of assertiveness, Emotionally Expressive, Organized mind, Business Woman, Productive housewife

b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?

More emotionally Expressive. Better Organizational skills.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?

I left friends because I felt bad for them. When I was younger, I was very idealistic and I wanted to change the "bad" people by trying to make them better myself. I constantly wanted to be a hero so I'd hang around what other insecure kids considered "rejects" or people who everyone hated in my Freshman year because I felt like I could change them and make them better people if they had one person who cared enough to try. Unfortunately I left them, feeling like I failed a project because they treated me like crap and they didn't realize they could have been better people. But I learned a lot and now I surround myself with people who respect me enough to make me happy. My friends never left me, and if they did they always came back.

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?

Any kind of love is important, and we all need some kind of love but I'm not going to search for love, I think love comes naturally after meeting someone or getting to know them and there is no need to go searching for love unless your gut insists you do. Love is important, but just being fine in the moment for whatever reason is more important than finding love, you can't stress over something that is not always under your control.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Enneagram 2.... you care deeply about people loving you, and you helping them out is a way of getting their love.

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A couple questions that would help me guess ...

You mention an "ambition to impress people". Do you know why you want to impress people, or what you get out of it?

I'm hearing a lot of 1 in your descriptions. Do you have the ability to see what's not right in a given situation? Is it even what stands out most when you encounter a new situation?

What's your thinking or motivation behind truth telling / being too honest?

Thanks.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:D

If you'd like to add any additional information or thoughts I suggest you do so.

I don't know where I found this questionnaire. My responses might not help, I'm not sure.

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself?

I usually find something to do before my thoughts take over, however I usually feel free completely when i'm alone since there are no people placing restrictions on me or caging me in. I tend to go alone outside, close my eyes, and endorse in my surroundings. This helps me accept and understand my own feelings more, and feelings my surroundings makes me feel very alive, especially when i'm alone. Usually I just think about how I can improve my character.

b. What have others said about you? - I don't really care to listen to the opinions of others regarding what they think of me, however since I was very young my teachers, peers, and anyone else I've met has mentioned my enthusiasm. Teachers used to call me the happiest kid in the school haha. I'm rather upfront about how I feel because I respect honesty so some people think i'm too upfront, others just think i'm insane because I do insane things that they didn't think of doing first.

c. What do you think of yourself?

I'm pretty insecure about being "different" than everyone else around me, however it seems to benefit me more often than not and it seems to attract people to me. Everyone tends to pick on themselves for individuality, but my traits put me in the middle, front and center. I'm probably the world's most unorganized perfection. For pretty much my entire life, people have always payed close attention to me (and I don't have any kind of disorders or anything) , so I grew up feeling like I was in a spotlight and it makes me anxious- but it also gives me ambition to impress people, since i'm used to it. I know this could sound conceited, but I am being completely honest with you.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.

Being too honest and sharing secrets- I've always felt the need to be the truth teller because I never understood secrets, even if it hurt someone else.
Feeling too sorry for people- Giving mercy to people who really didn't deserve it and didn't care about me.
Telling people when I feel positively about them- Boyfriends or friends, I've always been nervous about expressing how I feel.

4. You're not good at everything--

a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?

A fair amount of assertiveness, Emotionally Expressive, Organized mind, Business Woman, Productive housewife

b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?

More emotionally Expressive. Better Organizational skills.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?

I left friends because I felt bad for them. When I was younger, I was very idealistic and I wanted to change the "bad" people by trying to make them better myself. I constantly wanted to be a hero so I'd hang around what other insecure kids considered "rejects" or people who everyone hated in my Freshman year because I felt like I could change them and make them better people if they had one person who cared enough to try. Unfortunately I left them, feeling like I failed a project because they treated me like crap and they didn't realize they could have been better people. But I learned a lot and now I surround myself with people who respect me enough to make me happy. My friends never left me, and if they did they always came back.

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?

Any kind of love is important, and we all need some kind of love but I'm not going to search for love, I think love comes naturally after meeting someone or getting to know them and there is no need to go searching for love unless your gut insists you do. Love is important, but just being fine in the moment for whatever reason is more important than finding love, you can't stress over something that is not always under your control.

Since you mentioned telling the truth, the 468 tritype is the "truth teller." But I don't think that's quite accurate for you. I would go with 6 (hero) and 3 (impress others), and maybe 1 because of your reformer attitude about the bad kids.

Totally stolen -

"The 136/361/613 is an incredibly discerning, focused and responsible type. She said they will be the most inclined to want to live up to a successful image by societal standards and to focus on duty in order to feel valuable. She called it the "true taskmaster" that is inclined to create structure and rules that others in society can follow and to implement them. She said the blindspot is that one can be so overly focused on the rules that they can lose touch with their own values and feelings in deference to what is acceptable or societally defined. This is the type at risk of becoming robotic (along with the 135/351/513). However the 135/351/513 is less relational than the 136/361/613.

I was asked the differences between the 361, the 368 and the 369 tritypes. Since the question is which gut type is dominant. At a glance, it is most helpful to look at activity levels. The 361 is very industrious and busy doing to avoid anxiety, the 1 brings a need to do what is morally correct. The 368 is focused on fighting for justice, the 8 brings a need to overcome and prevail. The 369 is highly adaptable and focused on being in comfortable alignment with others.

I am not 100% sure at this time but for now I am thinking 613 with 6 being very much in charge.
I am a goal-oriented person who doesn't like being controlled by others..I am a friendly person. Sometimes, I come across as too mild/passive..I see it when people think they can control me. They are often surprised when they see I don't let myself get pushed so easily. Being a phobic Six makes it hard for me to truly stand up to someone though often and I end up relying on an "avoidance strategy".
I focus mostly on competence/technical knowledge to get ahead in life so I don't go out of my way to manipulate/mobilize others."