• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can someone please give me advice on how to find my type?

Sweetheart

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
?
I'm very frustrated over this right now..

I know there's a questionnaire, but I don't think anyone wants to look over another questionnaire when it has been reused at least 100 times...?

I have tested positive for ENFP, INFP, ISFP, ESFP, ENFJ, and INTP on function tests but I don't think online testing makes any sense. I wouldn't like to think my personality is that simple.

I've been trying to type myself for three years, and I know it might not be needed to know who I am as far as MBTI goes- but I find myself attracted to the theory itself.

I think I might have Fi in my functional stack on a higher spectrum, but I keep doubting each deduction I make.

Thank you.

dog

MBTI Type
infp
I'm very frustrated over this right now..

I know there's a questionnaire, but I don't think anyone wants to look over another questionnaire when it has been reused at least 100 times...?

I have tested positive for ENFP, INFP, ISFP, ESFP, ENFJ, and INTP on function tests but I don't think online testing makes any sense. I wouldn't like to think my personality is that simple.

I've been trying to type myself for three years, and I know it might not be needed to know who I am as far as MBTI goes- but I find myself attracted to the theory itself.

I think I might have Fi in my functional stack on a higher spectrum, but I keep doubting each deduction I make.

Thank you.

i cant stand tests (not sure why). For me, i think cuz i have enough past experiences and repeated patterns, that i identify better by comparing those patterns with individual profiles....it doesnt matter who the author is, INFP always resonates the best for me...once you do that you can give a SHORT but accurate description of yourself here (at least that's what i see others do here).. And there's a good chance a more experienced mbti etc student will respond.

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Okay, so here's something that I use to help determine the basic mental functions.
look at a picture: observe its contents for a minute, then write down what you remember about it. Then a few minutes later, look at your report again, and you'll notice one of two things: either you wrote down every detail you saw in that picture, or you named a few details, then used those details as a springboard to lead to different things outside the picture. A person with a high sensing function may sound something like this, " there was a bear who had a round thick belly and he had hair that looked really fuzzy. This bear was eating a fish and there was drool pouring from his mouth" An intuitive response would look like this, " there was a bear with a round belly and fur that was probably keeping him warm. The weather was probably cold judging by the back ground. Maybe the bear was eating a salmon, or perhaps he was saving it for his young."

to find out what your first judging function is, just look at a short video clip, and describe what you thought of it judgement wise
a thinker response would look like this, "the data in that video leads me to think that the gun was used and not the knife. Logically the gun should have been used to make that wound"
a feeler response may look more like this, " how could they do that? Does a person being black justify his death? What a racist shit!"

this should narrow it down to which mental functions you prefer. To find which attitudes you use, just decide how you use these functions.
For intuition: Ne is used to generate multiple possibilities and to consider all of them when making a decision
Ni is used to come up with the most likely possibility and stick with it
For sensing: Se is used to build up sensory data then let it go when it is no longer relevant to the moment
Si is used to build up sensory data and use it as a guide for what to do in the moment
For feeling: Fe is used to consider what other people would think
Fi is used to weigh the worth of something to the person himself rather than conform to the norms of others
For thinking: Te is used in a inductive manner, collecting objective data then deciding on it logically
Ti is used in a deductive manner, wanting to understand for themselves how things work and then decide based on that.
Just choose the attitude for each of your functions that you use most comfortably and naturally.
now to determine which one is your dominant, just determine which one you use before the other.
An extravert would act, then reflect and an introvert would reflect then act.
using that same theory, a dominant judgement function user would make a decision on what to do, then gather and perceive information to validate their decisions. A person with a dominant perceiving function would be more apt to take in information and perceive first, then decide what to do with that information.
hope this helped!

Sweetheart

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
?
Okay, so here's something that I use to help determine the basic mental functions.
look at a picture: observe its contents for a minute, then write down what you remember about it. Then a few minutes later, look at your report again, and you'll notice one of two things: either you wrote down every detail you saw in that picture, or you named a few details, then used those details as a springboard to lead to different things outside the picture. A person with a high sensing function may sound something like this, " there was a bear who had a round thick belly and he had hair that looked really fuzzy. This bear was eating a fish and there was drool pouring from his mouth" An intuitive response would look like this, " there was a bear with a round belly and fur that was probably keeping him warm. The weather was probably cold judging by the back ground. Maybe the bear was eating a salmon, or perhaps he was saving it for his young."

to find out what your first judging function is, just look at a short video clip, and describe what you thought of it judgement wise
a thinker response would look like this, "the data in that video leads me to think that the gun was used and not the knife. Logically the gun should have been used to make that wound"
a feeler response may look more like this, " how could they do that? Does a person being black justify his death? What a racist shit!"

this should narrow it down to which mental functions you prefer. To find which attitudes you use, just decide how you use these functions.
For intuition: Ne is used to generate multiple possibilities and to consider all of them when making a decision
For sensing: Se is used to build up sensory data then let it go when it is no longer relevant to the moment
Si is used to build up sensory data and use it as a guide for what to do in the moment
Fi is used to weigh the worth of something to the person himself rather than conform to the norms of others
For thinking: Te is used in a inductive manner, collecting objective data then deciding on it logically
Ti is used in a deductive manner, wanting to understand for themselves how things work and then decide based on that.
Just choose the attitude for each of your functions that you use most comfortably and naturally.
now to determine which one is your dominant, just determine which one you use before the other.
using that same theory, a dominant judgement function user would make a decision on what to do, then gather and perceive information to validate their decisions. A person with a dominant perceiving function would be more apt to take in information and perceive first, then decide what to do with that information.
hope this helped!

This is certainly going to help a lot. Thank you so much!

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
No problem, and if you need anything else, then pm me and I'll do whatever I can to help determine your tyoe through conversation.

Cygnus

You are such a sweet sensitive fucking little Feeler angel, damn you. Every word you type makes me wanna seize each moment of life and spread its joy to all the dolphins and African children of the world.

Sweetheart

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
?
You are such a sweet sensitive fucking little Feeler angel, damn you. Every word you type makes me wanna seize each moment of life and spread its joy to all the dolphins and African children of the world.

I know, as said I think we should all thank my parents for conceiving me. I'm doing this all for the children.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

hope this helped!

Wow that's interesting, I wanna do that! I hope it will help our fellow to determine his type